Sign in to follow this  
topler

The 4 new legendary weps

So I wanted to make this post to get info & to share info about the 4 new legendary weapons. Now I don't have them all in-fact I only got the bow so I'll need help! If you got one of the weapons pls share what it does & the %'s it has.

Edit!

Yoraiz0r, has managed to get all four weapons & shared them here so just scroll down a tiny bit to see them.

DD2%20Bow%20oLantern_zpskzhmtzwh.png

DD2%20Wailing%20Glaive_zpssdz5x5pn.png

I played on the hardest difficulty setting and didn't get one to drop.  I hope it don't have anything to do with protecting the secondary objectives since we let them die so 1 wall would protect 3-4  lanes.  (2nd spooky map)

So... I've already obtained all four weapons - it was an amazingly quick and rather dissapointing process, I'm kind of sad these weapons don't pose any real benefit compared to the NM4 weapons we can get. =\

Here's the images of them in a fashion similar to yours, hopefully it helps!

7yhtI14.png

QhanWcz.png

BZImb6j.png

dcg7yvI.png

They can always add difficulties and this does make the event accessible to all the players including the new ones, which make up the majority of the playerbase.

Us old timers will just have to enjoy the fun on these awesomely beautiful maps.

On the weapon front I'd rather have fun weapons than the game breaking ones some DD1 events spawned.

No thank you to Rainmakers, Glaciers and the like.

@Yoraiz0r quote:

-snip-

Thanks for sharing! It's always nice to know what the new weapons do :)

@Woqini quote:

Is that a bow from the hardest difficulty ?

No it is not, it is from the one below it the ipwer 215 - 250 one

Won't lie, I like Halloween, super duper cool time of year.

But don't you guys think that all those "Halloween" theme passive are going to be kind of odd when it's done?

(Pumpkin, ghosts, raven a little less Hallowy)

Having played around with the new maps, I think you can force the legendary weapons to drop if you keep "Treet" alive. It didn't make sense to me that he had less health than the other boss who you have to kill to start the trick or treat chests spawning. So I deleted my damage towers and  turned them all away from Treet on the first map letting him fail on a wall. The two trick or treat chests I then opened both killed me and both shadow copies of myself gave me legendaries in a row. 

If anyone else has the time / patience to test this as well to confirm would be grateful.

@Reglisse quote:

Won't lie, I like Halloween, super duper cool time of year.

But don't you guys think that all those "Halloween" theme passive are going to be kind of odd when it's done?

(Pumpkin, ghosts, raven a little less Hallowy)

It'll be a bit strange, but I think their doing something story related with the 2 new maps so it won't be as strange once they do that. It'll still be a bit odd but oh well.

Also updated op with monk wep I found & I'll post another huntress wep I found here, just to get a better idea of what it's rolls are like.

DD2%20Bow%20oLantern_zps0wn6uhes.png

I'm new and noobish and I have to ask, do these weapons compare to the "max level" items (the best items in the game) or are these simply to weak?

All i can say is, the squire weapon is really cool and in comparison to a ipow 700 squire weapon, even better.

Out of all 4 it's actually viable for a dps squire. The rest are just for fun.

@midgharr quote:

I'm new and noobish and I have to ask, do these weapons compare to the "max level" items (the best items in the game) or are these simply to weak?

This is a green nm4 squire wep

DsVqXag.png

Whoa loot drops are bad on the event maps. Just did two runs on hardest level. Not a single mythical or legendary and no event weapons at all.

@Woqini quote:

Whoa loot drops are bad on the event maps. Just did two runs on hardest level. Not a single mythical or legendary and no event weapons at all.

To get any noteworthy loot in this map you have to run around searching for the TrickorTreat chests that spawn in the middle of waves, they drop mythical and legendary loot quite often and you can get more than 1 per wave.

I personally average about 3~5 legendaries per run =o

The Hunt bow is actually pretty strong IF we could get it ilvl 700 (its a physical purge which is AWESOME + (maybe) 5% crit). But i dont understand why the second part is for melee attacks (maybe wrong written).

For all other weapons i must say scaling with HD isnt the best way i guess. Still not sure if i should enchant HD or AP on Apprentice. Squire and Monk is pretty useless to go for Hero Damage.

Sadly this shows me that the guys who develop this new passives aren't active players.

@AlexSch quote:

The Hunt bow is actually pretty strong IF we could get it ilvl 700 (its a physical purge which is AWESOME + (maybe) 5% crit). But i dont understand why the second part is for melee attacks (maybe wrong written).

For all other weapons i must say scaling with HD isnt the best way i guess. Still not sure if i should enchant HD or AP on Apprentice. Squire and Monk is pretty useless to go for Hero Damage.

Sadly this shows me that the guys who develop this new passives aren't active players.

Yeah when they said 4 new builds were coming, this isn't what i expected. These are some weak passives. A physical Purge that is extremely under powered compared to the monks. the devs hyped these weapons so much when they are basically just for cosmetics.

@Darshu quote:

@AlexSch quote:

Yeah when they said 4 new builds were coming, this isn't what i expected. These are some weak passives. A physical Purge that is extremely under powered compared to the monks. the devs hyped these weapons so much when they are basically just for cosmetics.

The developers are active players - the idea behind the melee damage is that you're intended to play in co-op.

In Nightmare 4, a group would often carry a fair mix of huntresses as DPS and squires as tanks - the melee attacks is where the tank's part rolls in.

(for example - a squire with the axe legendary could enter a frenzy that deals a fair amount of fast hits - support by a huntress with the legendary bow would give that squire another 5% to deal critical hits - if he already racked up 20% (1 critical per 5 hits) it will now be 25% (1 critical per 4 hits) - remember that squires are melee attackers and benefit from all of their attacks being AoE in addition to the fact that they rack up enemies around them - the total output given to both the huntress herself and her party members is quite large compared to other weapon DPS passives you can find.

tl;dr - we're lacking in DPS-esque passives for our heroes, those weapons do solve this issue somwhat - the numbers may be low when looked at in raw manner, but rack up quite a punch when you consider their potential target count and side benefits/utility.

Not to mention - the huntress's purge and the monk's purge probably stack....

That's not to say I'm not dissapointed with the items, by the way - I personally dislike how the apprentice and monk weapons play out and don't feel as though these two (pumpkin)spice up my gameplay.

@Yoraiz0r quote:

@Woqini quote:

To get any noteworthy loot in this map you have to run around searching for the TrickorTreat chests that spawn in the middle of waves, they drop mythical and legendary loot quite often and you can get more than 1 per wave.

So you just kept trying to find the TrickorTreat chests? Usually when I open them I only get blues and greens? Bad luck? :p

@Sluggy6k quote:

@Yoraiz0r quote:

@Woqini quote:

So you just kept trying to find the TrickorTreat chests? Usually when I open them I only get blues and greens? Bad luck? :p

Supposedly, correct.

I've noticed that more legendaries came out when I played solo - I have no idea how or why would that be of any relevance, however.

(my only assumption is that it makes trick or treat chests have difficulty to sneak into their spawn point without someone seeing, supressing their spawn rate)

Do note that the chests have a chance to kill you and spawning a skeleton version of your hero - these skeletons can drop your hero's legendary weapon of the event.

Cleared both maps on max difficulty 5 times each now not letting any objectives down and am still yet to get a single wep.

@Naxtilian quote:

Cleared both maps on max difficulty 5 times each now not letting any objectives down and am still yet to get a single wep.

The only way I got my weapons was to open the chests that spawn during the wave & get tricked, when that happens you die but a skeleton version of the class you were playing spawns. All the new legendary's I got were from this mob.