Ascension part ll first impression

Greetings defenders.

So patchday huh? I for one was really hyped and expected to put in alot of hours into this new content patch because Trendy and the community did a bang on job building up the expectations.

So let's get to the first impressions:

1) No NM4 difficulty for the two new maps

2) Daily quests still disappear randomly

3) The maps are pretty, and have hidden mechanics that are pretty cool!

4) Decoration in the Tavern.

So no Nightmare 4 difficulty. I don't understand why Trendy would not make this new content available for the highest difficulty. I personally purchased the games collectors addition because I like this game and wanted to support it. I understand Trendy will go for a free to play business model and they will have to make money from selling cosmetics and bagslots. But when I purchased the game I also expected new content would be advailable for all difficulties, especially the harder ones.

As of now I played the two maps twice, got really disappointed in the lack of content I could actually get any progression out of since I have hit the power where I can take on the hardest Nightmare difficulty.

For me and the part of the playerbase I probably represent with this topic, the NM4 playerbase. I dont find it worth going into a map I dont get any progression upgrades out of.

Daily quests for me(and several others from twitchchat and the forums) still pop up daily when I enter the game. But disappear again after a map is done or a relog. Still having this bug with alot of new players comming in after hitting open Alpha is worring for their progression. Also keeping the newly released tasks in mid for next weeks monthly where we have to collect Betsy tokens as one of the goals.

The maps alone will not add any replayablity to the game for me. They look fantastic and feel really cool to play with the traps and hidden mechanics. Bang on job on those to the team behind them! Having a big map with 2 x double lane, could maybe get a little tricky to fish after the right resistances but that is just a minor concern.

Decorations in the Tavern and the whole spookytheme is cool and somewhat expected. Yes sure I am a Debbie Downer and might come of as negativ. But compaired to other games this is somewhat expected to be added in, and it looks alright and I hope it will get people in the mood for the season.

My general first impression of this new contest is that it is a massive shame that a part of the playerbase don't get any progressionvice reason to actually play this content. There is no replayabilty in the two new maps before they get introduced to all of the difficulties available in the game. And that is a massive shame since the layout, artwork and mechanics are really cool and combined with the gearprogression of the games nature, it would add many many more hours of slaying evil and breaking bones in DD2.

So what do you guys think?Emoji_Skeleton.png

Disclaimer - I am at work so my views are based on the forum posts of others

Am I disappointed over no NM4? Yes

Do I understand the given reason for the omission? No

Will NM4 maps follow soon? Yes

Am I therefore over it? Yes

Does the new quest seem incredibly onerous? No. People, me included wavered on the last two quests but, ultimately, completed them with time to spare so I am going to Calm down and keep defending this month.

I would add though that I have not seen the new achievement targets and therefore my view might change if it means running the same map AFK 50 times.

Pour nightmare 4 , i think it's very very hard in the new map because there are 8 lines in the last spooky map for exemple  , and for repair 8 walls on nm4 ... for me with my stuff i think it's not possible .

je have 240 000 healt on my wall with the boost aura 300000.

A hunt with 2000 dps on trap (explosive)

4800 attack range on frost tower.

Et medium monk x)

Sry if you don't understand all i'm not very good in english ! :D

I can play on solo in nm4 liferoot ^^

Understood you perfectly Bloops =)

I haven't tried the new maps because, as the ts said, there isn't better gear for me on them.

However, if what you say is true (its 8 lanes and might be difficult for when it is released on nm4), I don't mind that. I would welcome a tough map, but please at least give us some motivation with higher ipwr or limited event drops. Otherwise  most end game users will just try it a few times and move on to easier maps to grind similar powered gear. 

@Bloops quote:

Pour nightmare 4 , i think it's very very hard in the new map because there are 8 lines in the last spooky map for exemple  , and for repair 8 walls on nm4 ... for me with my stuff i think it's not possible .

je have 240 000 healt on my wall with the boost aura 300000.

A hunt with 2000 dps on trap (explosive)

4800 attack range on frost tower.

Et medium monk x)

Sry if you don't understand all i'm not very good in english ! :D

I can play on solo in nm4 liferoot ^^

well, I'm not highend equipped but i have the same problem: I'm am at ipwr 380-420 and cant handle the 500 mode but i also can't do a higher NM grade solo, because I'm right at the edge .-. I don't want to leech, so I'm pretty stucka t the moment....