Sign in to follow this  
[a]lxndr

Auto-collect filter...

I got really excited about the auto-collect filter feature, BUT come on you can only apply 1 type of filter in each bag :( which is a huge let down for me and maybe for all of the players.. At least let us pick 3 filters for each bag. Thank you !

@ram1024 quote:

stuff like this makes me wonder if they play their own game.  this feature is not useful

Its a step in the right direction they just need to let us choose more than 1 option for filter then it will be golden.

Idea of filters is good. There should be at least 2 filters per bag, dont forget and/or rule. I want 1 bag with for mythick and legendary items, 1 bag i use for no gear option, 2 bags for trash gear and 1 for personal use. But i still think drop of items are too big. Reducing it to half would be much better. And pls add hotkey for auto colect.

Update: Insted of scroll menu put there check boxes.

They just have to make the game automatically sell the stuff that isn't collected, ideally at the end of each wave, instead of having it disappear at the end of the game and change the filter option to something along the lines of what Panda_3 posted when they want to have a great loot system.

Can't be that hard to figure out, it's really no rocket science.

@Jat quote:

They just have to make the game automatically sell the stuff that isn't collected, ideally at the end of each wave, instead of having it disappear at the end of the game and change the filter option to something along the lines of what Panda_3 posted when they want to have a great loot system.

They know how to do that. They probably wont ever do that because they want you to buy bag slots.

@Chappyy quote:

They know how to do that. They probably wont ever do that because they want you to buy bag slots.

there's plenty of ways to exhaust a person's bag space if that's the goal

what ISN'T acceptable for good game design is forcing mindless tedium upon your players.  if everyone is going to pick up everything and sell it because that's what needs to be done to acquire gold, then it behooves you as a designer to facilitate that process in as painless and tedium free a manner as possible

picking up items is not gameplay.  there is no skill discrepancy between someone who doesn't pick up anything and someone who meticulously and painstakingly loots and sells everything he can

you can't argue that someone is better at the game for picking everything up off the floor and selling it

when something has no gameplay value like this, it's your duty as a designer to do everything your can to close that gap and make it so the EFFECT discrepancy between do and do not, matches the skill discrepancy

and since there is no skill...

manual loot/sell is not a gameplay element and must go

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

I have all 12 bags and STILL run out of bag space after just 1 match. If that was the case, then either let us buy more bags, or implement decent bag management options.

@Spaceballs the Username quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

I have all 12 bags and STILL run out of bag space after just 1 match. If that was the case, then either let us buy more bags, or implement decent bag management options.

People would be less likely buy bags if everything just auto sold? There wouldn't be much need for space because you could just leave it on the ground. But you are so right that they can do a better job of bag management, which I do believe we will see sooner or later.

@ram1024 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

picking up items is not gameplay.  there is no skill discrepancy between someone who doesn't pick up anything and someone who meticulously and painstakingly loots and sells everything he can

you can't argue that someone is better at the game for picking everything up off the floor and selling it

No but it is a preventive gold sink. What I mean is if you don't pick it up you don't get the gold.

Yes I would rather have it sell all like DD1 it really would make life easier but I mean is it really that hard now? everything auto loots every round and you have a sell all button. You can sell everything in your "auto loot all" bag in seconds in between rounds.

@Chappyy quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

People would be less likely buy bags if everything just auto sold? There wouldn't be much need for space because you could just leave it on the ground. But you are so right that they can do a better job of bag management, which I do believe we will see sooner or later.

@ram1024 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

No but it is a preventive gold sink. What I mean is if you don't pick it up you don't get the gold.

Yes I would rather have it sell all like DD1 it really would make life easier but I mean is it really that hard now? everything auto loots every round and you have a sell all button. You can sell everything in your "auto loot all" bag in seconds in between rounds.

The problem is later on when we can go 30+ rounds without needing to slow down, emptying bags after every wave ends up becoming more of an annoyance than anything, especially when you're already going on several hours of straight defending.

@Arcflare quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

@ram1024 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

The problem is later on when we can go 30+ rounds without needing to slow down, emptying bags after every wave ends up becoming more of an annoyance than anything, especially when you're already going on several hours of straight defending.

Good point but I can't see them adding an auto sell feature to the whole game to fix that. But it would be nice.

@Chappyy quote:

@Arcflare quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

@ram1024 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

Good point but I can't see them adding an auto sell feature to the whole game to fix that. But it would be nice.

It would be nice and i even had asked it as a question for the last dev stream and when they answered it they made it sound like they weren't planning on it but didnt say it wasnt going to happen. Which is sad because it's arguably one of the best features from DD1 and if they dont bring it back it would be a real shame.

@Arcflare quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Arcflare quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Chappyy quote:

@Jat quote:

@ram1024 quote:

@Chappyy quote:

It would be nice and i even had asked it as a question for the last dev stream and when they answered it they made it sound like they weren't planning on it but didnt say it wasnt going to happen. Which is sad because it's arguably one of the best features from DD1 and if they dont bring it back it would be a real shame.

But a few months ago when the scavenger debacle hit, in a dev stream they did acknowledge that something needed to be done about loot and onslaught. The problem is I think we all know what "we are looking into some possible fixes" menas.

... instead of choosing one from dropdown it should be list of options that you can check individually.

+1 this!

Exactly what I was going to ask for. Good thing I used Search :D

Let us make our own autocollects with conditional values and such like "autocollect * legendaries where ipwr >650" or "where stat = tower crit".

I really can't be arsed to check all my bags for crappy <150 ipwr items through all my >670 items every time I want to level a character, and I'm not going to disable autocollect for all my bags every single time I farm or level.