Sign in to follow this  
zektiv

No Nightmare 4 difficulty for new maps?

I'm still downloading the patch. Say it ain't so!

Edit: This is a huge oversight on behalf of Trendy. Forcing players into a difficulty which is both unchallenging and unrewarding it not a fun experience.

@JCourtney quote:

I saw in the preview there is a setting for ipwr 800+.

Notice all difficulties say the same 800+ ipwr, Pretty sure that's just an placeholder. Or maybe it is a hint that when they go into End Game difficulty they will go up to 840ipwr? :P

Way to easy ... just tried the second hardest setting just to figure the map out. I spammed traps all over the place, and to my surprise not one single enemy got near the crystals.

Pretty big letdown because of that so far. Not really a whole lot to do for this event if you're progressing through NM4 already....

So just a quick note on these difficulties; we wanted to create difficulties that had the widest breath of range we could. We also have some limited time challenges in this event. We didn't want to create a LIMITED challenge only nightmare IV players could complete. 
However, these difficulties and ranges are Event Specific. Meaning once these maps are no longer only part of the event, they will have all the difficulty ranges you can dream of. (that we currently have in the game)
So you will (eventually) be able to play our spookiest maps at Nightmare IV, just not as part of the Event. 

This is a huge oversight on behalf of Trendy. Forcing players into a difficulty which is both unchallenging and unrewarding is not a fun experience.

@Synkc quote:

This is a huge oversight on behalf of Trendy. Forcing players into a difficulty which is both unchallenging and unrewarding is not a fun experience.

+1 now im bored, because inc nm4  got buffed so hard and 500 ipwr spooky event is too low :(

In addition, ppl lvl 39 etc can join 500 ipwr spooky event, yeah sure.

Ignoring the most dedicated portion of the community? Well done. Been looking forward to this whole week. Disapointed? No ***.

sorry but this event sucks i cant do 500ipwer yet solo im siting around 350ipwer so 200 is crap and 500 is way to hard...so thx for nothing and i still havent goten my bear yet

@Esorath quote:

So just a quick note on these difficulties; we wanted to create difficulties that had the widest breath of range we could. We also have some limited time challenges in this event. We didn't want to create a LIMITED challenge only nightmare IV players could complete. 
However, these difficulties and ranges are Event Specific. Meaning once these maps are no longer only part of the event, they will have all the difficulty ranges you can dream of. (that we currently have in the game)
So you will (eventually) be able to play our spookiest maps at Nightmare IV, just not as part of the Event. 

Understood and thanks for the information.

I am happy to get stuck in for the purposes of the timed event and look forward to the NM4 loot drops later.