I feel used. (Insta-kick system is kind of bad)

Okay, so I just started the game and I wanted to try to complete the monthly (yeah, I know, probably impossible within 5 days but I'll try it anyway). I have a level 31 Huntress with a fairly strong MIRV legendary bow, and for the current Incursion level I can hold a lane by myself on Wave 1 and hold the lane with flame towers from Waves 2-5 (stun + oil into flame towers + piercing shot if necessary, on top of all of the MIRV AoE). Since I saw that most games, the Wyverns kind of screwed us, I decided that I'd focus more on taking down Wyverns and AoEing enemies in between waves with the MIRV, standing on top of spawn since I could get a clear shot on every enemy coming from the front of the map.

Now, I fully understand that, as a level 31 newbie pairing with levels 40-50 characters, I'm "leeching" - I help with support structures (DPS huntress), nor can I wipe an entire wave within seconds (though I usually can kill them before they reach the barricades). 

However, if you're going to voice your opinions and then kick me, then at least kick me BEFORE I sink 15-20 minutes' worth of my precious time in between college apps and homework! One of the hosts for a game I just played waited until I helped for 2 waves before kicking me. (You can see that items were auto-collected twice == two waves)

6IKj9Ug.jpg

Maybe implement a system where if a player has contributed X% of the total player damage or tower damage, they can't be insta-kicked? Or something like that?

That's just selfish.

I can understand if one is leeching. If you were truly contributing or at least trying, its fine. They could have hosted a private game if what you said was true.

I've power leveled my alts before and hosted pub so people that want an easier time leveling to avoid the grind can join in. Unfortunate that you found people like that. I do hope you can find better players to play with.

On the other hand, not sure if the damage contribution will help, as it might act as a prevention to kick people who do deserve it -rude/abusive etc.

@Qaz quote:

That's just selfish.

I can understand if one is leeching. If you were truly contributing or at least trying, its fine. They could have hosted a private game if what you said was true.

I've power leveled my alts before and hosted pub so people that want an easier time leveling to avoid the grind can join in. Unfortunate that you found people like that. I do hope you can find better players to play with.

On the other hand, not sure if the damage contribution will help, as it might act as a prevention to kick people who do deserve it -rude/abusive etc.

You did the same thing to me about a week ago in my 2nd nm4 game.

Yup, when u let go lanes twice/afk once.  And it was a votekick done by 3ppl in the game.

@In.Session quote:

@Qaz quote:

That's just selfish.

You did the same thing to me about a week ago in my 2nd nm4 game.

@Qaz quote:

Yup, when u let go lanes twice/afk once.  And it was a votekick done by 3ppl in the game.

Sorry to hear your excuses, but i don't believe any of that happened you must have me mistaken with someone else you kicked, i was actually the only other person who built ( you may remember me not changing my mines to suit the element on wave 5) i beleive you kicked me cause you wanted your friend in thte game i was in prior to you joining, but you know. whatever makes you feel better.

Apologies for mixing you up. Thanks for clarifying that. But you just caught yourself by saying I joined after you.

I see nothing wrong with making space for a friend. I joined after you (which you have attested to) and you had randomly joined  a quickplay match (a pre-existing game with 2 of my friends - limp and yukihighbridge). The 4 of us had already completed 2 rounds or something to that effect before one of my friends came online. We did not actually require you to help complete the map as you are not exactly fully geared for nm4, but we didn't mind having a 4th and helping you gear up anyway. 

I joined as the 4th person, so I did not have the privilege kicking without a vote. Would require 3/4 votes to kick you. I asked them if you were their friend or a random, and you were a random, so unfortunately I chose to play with my friends rather than a random.

In order to 'make space' for my friend, there must have been 4 people, or there would not be a need to kick you. Therefore 3 of the 4 (excluding you) would have been okay having you out to make space for a friend. 

If we did not kick, then we would have to wait awhile  to just create a new lobby without you. 

In fact, after the last round we played ended, I asked via the in-game chat system which all 4 of us could see if they knew you, and I had a friend wanting to join. But you didn't reply. I'm guessing you were either 1) AFK, 2) keeping quiet hoping to stay in a lobby which helped you gear up but now in this forum accusing of abusive kicking.

At the time, there was no way to invite a friend to the game as with the bugs in the joining system. So a public lobby would have been required where every one would join separately via 'Quickplay'.

Sorry for kicking you, but you shouldn't be accusing me of abusing the system.

1) Invite/Join game through steam was not possible at the time

2) 4 friends who would rather play together

3) We had already had you in the game for a few rounds - not like we kicked you cause we can do it without you anyway.

So please, don't leave it all this pertinent info to paint your picture of abusive kicking.

And yes I felt a lot better playing with my friends, thank you for your concern =)

@In.Session quote:

@Qaz quote:

Sorry to hear your excuses, but i don't believe any of that happened you must have me mistaken with someone else you kicked, i was actually the only other person who built ( you may remember me not changing my mines to suit the element on wave 5) i beleive you kicked me cause you wanted your friend in thte game i was in prior to you joining, but you know. whatever makes you feel better.

I think kicking just because you want your mate in the game is lame. It's all of 20 minutes to finish the game then go create a private and play to your hearts content with your mates. If you start a public you finish it with whoever joins. 

For the OP, sorry to say there are ***s in many games this one is no difference.

1) Game was finished. Yes, we could have left the game and hosted our own Quickplay again. Perhaps that would have solved the problem and I'll take note of that next time (But since private games seem to function as intended  for the time being, this wouldn't be an issue). Then again, he did not reply in-game or say anything before being kicked. 

His silence = acceptance/ignorance/afk??  I don't know.

2) As I stated earlier, private game was not possible as the private game lobby was bugged. One could not invite a friend, or said friend could not join via steam. You had to create a quickplay and then have your friends join via quickplay and fall into your game. The game in question had 3 friends, he was the random.

3) I still don't see anything wrong with making space for a friend. Especially after mentioning it to the 4th guy. I guess not everyone will see it that way, but I still would rather play with a known group. Of course I add people who I meet in pubs who are nice and they can join us next time as well.

@Fozzie quote:

I think kicking just because you want your mate in the game is lame. It's all of 20 minutes to finish the game then go create a private and play to your hearts content with your mates. If you start a public you finish it with whoever joins. 

For the OP, sorry to say there are ***s in many games this one is no difference.

[[95373,users]] Sorry badly phrased my reply and it reads as a personal attack, which is unfair on you as I was not present. Anyways, I don't like kicking full stop and don't do it. Should server lists and hosting come back in I am sure it will be used by many for all and sundry reasons. Maybe we should all learn to get along Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png