Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

So many unskilled players in NM4

So we can't play with our normal group of friends so instead of running solo I tried to play in a public, and oh my lord how amazingly poor the level of skill is.

Squire: What's seismic stun

Squire: What's a witherbeast

Monk: Never knew pole smash would kill frozen enemies

These are people level 50 for goodness sake. So not amazingly the build fails due to no-one lifting a finger to kill witherbeasts or repair walls.

Back to solo until matchmaking is fixed, or until IPWR restriction or underlanders idea is implemented.

+1 for optional iPWR requirements. No chance in hell I will touch Public games till that is available.

Hey, if players can do it they will.

I would hope they quickly realize NM4 is not the place for them and drop down...

I for one believe I am properly DPS geared for NM4 DPS (iPWR 630), however, I need some practice.  Example, I left a lane that had only 2 flyers to support another lane.  The 2 flyers destroyed the blockade.  I didn't realize they were so detrimental, won't make that mistake again!

Its because all the new players from the game going Free-to-play are getting level 50 by getting carried all day and dont learn the game at all. Once they do get 50 they just looking for matches in NM4 to leech gear. iPWR requirements completly fix this issue...

Just joined on nm4 incursion. 3 players even without nm2 gear stay and wait for carrier... Pub NM4 mode R.I.P.

The leaching is happening in all levels of nightmare.  I had some kid come in last night and after the match when he boosted his ipwr by like 300, he mentioned that he came into the level knowing he wasn't geared enough for it. 

Just made it a harder time for everyone else.   We need to be able to see peoples ipwr at least. 

@JCourtney quote:

Just made it a harder time for everyone else.   We need to be able to see peoples ipwr at least. 

Not ipwr, but stats. Like info about tower. (DP, DH and others...)

Ipwr can easily be gained with green useless trash.

@RedL1ne quote:

@JCourtney quote:

Yep, ipwr doesn't say much

I've been soloing NM 2, just today I was thinking about going into a public matchmaking for NM 3 and then I read this, I think I will stick to solo

@PixelGames quote:

I've been soloing NM 2, just today I was thinking about going into a public matchmaking for NM 3 and then I read this, I think I will stick to solo

If you are at NM2 and ready for NM3, then you are not a problem :)

The problem is when f.ex. NM1 players jump into an endgame Incursion NM4. They have absolutely nothing to contribute with.

We cant choose player so there no reason to be public, keep private, and invite ur friend.

Solo is good , and save more bandwidth. More pl means crazy bandwidth cost.

Your fault for opening up NM4 to the public and expecting amazing players to join. Even on Hard they have no clue what they are doing. Hell I was 20 levels lower then them and they had me build the whole thing on Hard.

If you want to help people out, just level them up instead or play a lower level NM. At least you will have a chance to some what control that.

Wait for the match making to be fixed and then play NM4 with your group again.

You can't really carry people on NM4, especially if they don't repair or just stare at the amazing sexy beast that weakens your towers.

@Geis quote:

We cant choose player so there no reason to be public, keep private, and invite ur friend.

Solo is good , and save more bandwidth. More pl means crazy bandwidth cost.

Solo runs're less rewarding and much harder on NM4 Incs.

My biggest issue is when players pub matches stand right next to barricades when an ogre's close

@RedL1ne quote:

@JCourtney quote:

^^ Oh Trendy please, please make it happen!

I think they should make the iPWR system work like DD1 to where the host of a game could put a level requirement to join the game (yes this also means i think people being the actual host of a game should come back). The host should have these options again.

On the other hand I dislike the people in free play hard mode telling me to sell my towers because they want to afk the map with their 5k dps towers. If my team needs help, I will gladly build some walls, frost towers or even AA but nuking all the enemies the moment they leave the spawn is just boring.

If you want to do that make a private game!

@IGELmitDEAGLE quote:

On the other hand I dislike the people in free play hard mode telling me to sell my towers because they want to afk the map with their 5k dps towers. If my team needs help, I will gladly build some walls, frost towers or even AA but nuking all the enemies the moment they left the spawn is just boring.

If you want to do that make a private game!

Well, thats less problem. As for me, when i play on low nm1 modes, i build only one line, and let others build own.

I do like public, cause thats kinda all i play XD. I hate to play alone so for me it's to go pub and met new people. Some of them are good and we stay in contact and play together, gobu =).

If you ever met a wild goblin just be nice and feed some fish.

@aint_worth_it quote:

I think they should make the iPWR system work like DD1 to where the host of a game could put a level requirement to join the game (yes this also means i think people being the actual host of a game should come back). The host should have these options again.

Absolutely THIS.

We already have a 'tavern leader' function. Just enhance this and give the leader more rights. People deny the term 'host' because the game is not clientsided anymore but there is nothing one with a player 'creating a lobby'.

This has been suggested for nearly one year now while matchmaking still suffers from tons of problems. By implementing an improved version of DD1's server list there would be much less problems about matchmaking and any social score.

I haven't even attempted to play Public in DD2 yet.  I'm afraid.  Too many bad incidents in DD1 to go that route.
The one game I did play public with my cousin was pretty abysmal.  And that was the second map!  :(

@Fozzie quote:

So we can't play with our normal group of friends so instead of running solo I tried to play in a public, and oh my lord how amazingly poor the level of skill is.

Squire: What's seismic stun

Squire: What's a witherbeast

Monk: Never knew pole smash would kill frozen enemies

These are people level 50 for goodness sake. So not amazingly the build fails due to no-one lifting a finger to kill witherbeasts or repair walls.

Back to solo until matchmaking is fixed, or until IPWR restriction or underlanders idea is implemented.

Im new to DD lvl 42 now, i'm still learning things about the game, i didn't knew you could freeze a mob yet shatter it, getting 50 doesn't require alot of knowledge imo, i've some understanding what and what not to do. have been able to do some Hard modes solo so far, wit brute force, had a plan about doing endgame with the same IPWR but i'll still have no clue about the tricks you guys knows, as i cant find them alone without being lucky.

but why are people with no gear able to sign up for the hardest tier in this game ? seems like there should be some requirements, but yet again, even with the gear you still cant expect people to know the tricks. as you can get carried/slow farming your way forward 

Simple fix is to have iPWR requirements set on each stage based on difficulty.  My problem is finding people to play with when I am full hero dps build.  My only other option is to gear up other heroes and play solo but the game is lot more boring solo...