Sign in to follow this  
TrendyBrad

UPDATE: Known Issue: Friend Invites/Error 5000 (Update 5:56 PM EDT)

Thanks to everyone who has helped us research the issues today around invites. To recap: Players are currently experiencing error messages when attempting to invite other players through Steam, most predominantly "Unknown Error 5000." The problem was caused by our changes in today's patch to fix an issue observed during peak hours where players weren't able to connect. 

We identified the problem early this morning with our European players, and worked to put a fix in quickly, which we deployed around 10:00 AM EDT. All our tests seemed to show that Invites were working similar to before the patch for players in the same region- you could invite in Private taverns and in-game just fine (social taverns were still not working).

Since that update, we've been working with players around the world, and in all regions, to identify why were seeing different behaviors. We ran tests with players in different regions directly with our QA team, and many of you also provided info on your own tests This has been a huge help in digesting what is happening.

Our team is working in shifts today as we try to identify and resolve the problem, but at the same time we do not want to rush the next update out either and make things worse. Right now, we're hoping to have more info for you later tonight, or early tomorrow morning.

Our goal is to have invites working within your region sometime tomorrow. We're still also targeting the ability to switch regions manually early next week, so players who are not in the same region can still play together. As a reminder, we're also planning to return cross-region inviting directly at a later date in the not too-far future. 

In the meantime, please continue to provide details of your own tests in the thread Iamisom started, as it's been extremely helpful. http://steamcommunity.com/app/236110/discussions/0/490123832543808185/

Again, thanks so much for everyone's patience and positive energy while we work through our Open Alpha bugs. The team is working pretty much around the clock to provide the best experience we can, and the outpouring of support and excitement is better than caffeine at keeping us going. You're all awesome!

@Khol3r quote:

Can you guys fix the problem fast please?
That is pissing me off all my friends can join except me '-'

The game is in early alpha, let's not get mad when the dev's are obviously working hard on a solution.

@Bronte quote:

Wait so i wont be able to play with my friends since i am in another country?

Correct.

Even if no one can currently until they fix what they broke yesterday :p [[8001,hashtags]]

@Bronte quote:

Wait so i wont be able to play with my friends since i am in another country?

depends on what country you are in, if you are both in EU, US or oceanic you can play together, but if you are in let's say one in US and one in the EU you cant currently. and as it is now no one can play together because of the latest patch that brought some new bugs to the matchmaker. "crossing fingers and hoping it gets fixed fast" :)

Hey, 

Thanks for the hotfixes to get most of the game running again!

Do you have an estimated timeframe for when this is going to be fixed? its been about a week now and I would love to spend some time playing this game with an overseas friend this weekend!