Sign in to follow this  
TimmyTrashTier

We good defenders?

Hey Defenders,

We ran into some issues, but they seem to have been resolved.  Everyone getting into game ok?  Let me know if you're running into problems.

Received unknown message 5000 when trying to invite or join my friend

I am in Washington State

My friend is in Florida

We were both in our respective private taverns at the time

Does this involve splitscreen? I'm trying to join for local coop (social and private taverns) and still get matchmaking error "5000: this feature is currently disabled".

Were trying to join from account a to b and from b to a in social/private/in-game. Same error in all cases.

[[126593,users]]  Seeing that too... upon further investigation it appears that the request we're using to create parties for Split-Screen has been disabled for the time being.  I will get an ETA on a fix for that.

When I right click on my friend and click join I get error "2003:Server request limit exceeded"

When I try joining from an invite I get error "the match you are attempting to join is currently unavailable"

We have tried all variations of private/social/group/in game and none are working.

We are in the same house in Scotland

@BonGWaa quote:

When I right click on my friend and click join I get error "2003:Server request limit exceeded"

When I try joining from an invite I get error "the match you are attempting to join is currently unavailable"

We have tried all variations of private/social/group/in game and none are working.

We are in the same house in Scotland

I keep having the same problem here. my and my brother are on steam, playing in the same house

Hey Defender's,

Thanks for the replies.  We've been working on sorting out the reports we're seeing all day to try to narrow down what the main issues are and figure out how to fix them.  We've split our shifts so that we have people working round the clock on fixes to these issues and we're hoping to have something early tomorrow for everyone.

Keep checking back for updates tonight because as I get more information I will be posting updates here.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continuing patience.  We know this is a huge issue and we are working as quickly as we can to get it resolved and get everyone back playing with their friends and family.

Is your team aware that when selecting inverted Y axis option it effects both players during split screen. Need to be able to make one player inverted controls and my partner not be inverted please.

@Flashburn quote:

I keep having the same problem here. my and my brother are on steam, playing in the same house

This is the PS4 section, think you need to post that in the PC section.

We tried it yesterday many times to join in Partys, but it dosent work. We are all in Berlin of Germany.
 We found out a option to make a group. If we are all press play to the same time, we meet us in the social tavern ^^

No follow option works.

Privat tavern Social Tavern invite
private tavern private tavern invite
 or both social tavern

the option i said above, was the best way to made a group and start game after that

Playing from Australia, so are the friends I'm trying to invite.

Tried all possible combinations of social tavern, private tavern, in game on a map.

All attempts failed.

Found a workaround for it atm though. Joining a quick match on an unpopular map and difficulty all at the same time throws us into the same lobby and we can invite each other to party from there and head back to a group tavern to run the maps we want to.

Good News, we think we figured out what the problem is.  We're going to need some time to fix it and then test thoroughly to ensure that we're not creating any new problems so no ETA, but I will update throughout the day as I have more news. 

Rayne the gamer  That's actually a pretty clever idea, good thinking.

@Rayne The Gamer quote:

Tried all possible combinations of social tavern, private tavern, in game on a map.

All attempts failed.

Found a workaround for it atm though. Joining a quick match on an unpopular map and difficulty all at the same time throws us into the same lobby and we can invite each other to party from there and head back to a group tavern to run the maps we want to.

Problem with that is that i've got a friend some is new and doesnt have unlocked any maps at all so it will take ages so we get matched together :(

Hello! 

I'm french and I want play on split screen with my girlfriend.

We trying play but we can't this move are disabled. 

If I can know when splitscreen mode will be unlocked.

Thanks ! 

Hey Defender's,

We think we have all the issues fixed.  We will be patching at 6pm EDT to deploy that fix and then we will be interested to hear from you all in this thread as to whether or not this fix has resolved your split-screen and invite issues.  Stay tuned for updates.

@Rayne The Gamer quote:

All attempts failed.

It works somehow 😀 Just join a random map and leave it at the same time. found my friend in the same social tavern. tested a few times now. Thanks for the tip!

Hey Defender's,

Thank you (yes you specifically, not so much the others) for your patience in dealing with us while we resolved our server issues.  The fix that just went live should allow invites, joins, and split-screen within a Matchmaking region.

What is a matchmaking region?
We have three matchmaking servers located in Virginia, Frankfurt, and Singapore.  Each one of these "owns" all users who log in with a GeoIP that appears to be closer to them than the other servers.  The accumulation of those users' locations is the region.

What does this mean for me?
If you are currently playing with friends halfway around the world you will not be able to do that for the time being (we're working on a short-term workaround, and a long-term solution to remedy this situation). 

You CAN play with people who live near you, or a few countries away.  You CAN also play with the person sitting next to you on your couch (but first you should take a moment and give them a hug.  They look like they've had a long day, and even if they're "fine," it's the nice thing to do).

If you cannot play with either of the groups of people that you should be able to, have both of you close out your applications by hitting OPTIONS on the main menu icon and then re-login and try again.  If it still doesn't work, post the information about it here.  Remember to include both party's locations and where you were trying to invite them from.

Thank you for the hard work. I now however have no one to play the game with anymore. I dont play with random people since they annoy me to death. i live in the Eu while most of my friends live in the US. i really hope for a quick fix.