Sign in to follow this  
Cyrius

Wyvern tokens slow acquisition and the #1 traptress frost build

It baffles me that Wyvern tokens are so scarce in this game. You can only get a set amount by completing your first questing playthrough, the monthly (which is once in 30 days.. painful), some from an Onslaught quest, and the rest practically from dailies. At a staggering low amount per day. 

Now if these tokens would only be used for e.g. cosmetic items, that would have been perfectly fine. However, the current #1 build to clear end-game highest difficulties demands you to have the Huntress Elemental Chaos Uber Sphere. The problem is that you get a lot of Wyvern tokens early on (also from the monthly quest), and at that point a lot of players do not know that it's tremendously important to save these for that mentioned Uber Sphere. Some might buy a different one and find out it's not even an upgrade, or barely, due to the lack of (e.g. wiki) information. Or some might buy some cosmetic items after having read on forums etc. that 'the Uber Spheres suck', or through not knowing Huntress traps are the #1 dps source later on. At that point, the player would have barely any Wyvern tokens left, and when he would find out he had to buy the Elemental Chaos Uber Sphere it is already too late and he would have to play for about a month? in order to gather enough to buy it.

This seriously needs to get addressed to asap. Core problem is Huntress being so dominant with the current #1 popular frost-trap build that simply works best. By a lot. Combined with the mind blowing slow rate at which the game hands out these Wyvern tokens.

Also, can you imagine how frustrating it must feel to not have enough Wyvern tokens for the mentioned Uber Sphere, and you need to wait ~a month in order to get it, so until then you are forced to play a sub-optimal playstyle and are not able to clear the high difficulty dungeons that you obviously would like to complete? It must feel horrendous.

TL/DR: You gain Wyvern tokens at a very slow pace. The very best trap/frost build requires you to have the Huntress Elemental Chaos Uber Sphere. Not everyone knows this before deciding to spend their tokens. This is a problem.

While i do agree with you i think the bigger issue here is there is only one build that has the capabilities to do something. Itd b nice to have more options for end game completion instead of being forced to make the one and only build that can handle it. Then again this is early in the game developement so thats something to keep in mind.

@Cyrius quote:

Core problem is Huntress being so dominant with the current #1 popular frost-trap build that simply works best. By a lot. 

@Mysticwriter612 quote:

While i do agree with you i think the bigger issue here is there is only one build that has the capabilities to do something. 

I already stated that in the post. And I completely agree with you. Right now, end game max. difficulty is so boring; everyone doing the same while the game has so much potential. And then there's this BIG problem with the lack of Wyvern tokens to play the only viable build right now for that difficulty...

I'm just going to quit the game for now until it becomes more interesting.

You just want all and now. Without long grind. Cmon, thats f2p rpg game. Be ready for long and slow progress...

@RedL1ne quote:

You just want all and now. Without long grind. Cmon, thats f2p rpg game. Be ready for long and slow progress...

It does not make any sense that you get to max level and NM 3 in a blink of an eye, and then you have to sit on a sub-par build for a month? No. Zero fun. Part of the problem is the 60 tokens Uber sphere being a core requirement for the current #1 build, while the other ones are definitely a lot less sought after. Such balance.

I guess Alphas are not for me :'].

@RedL1ne quote:

The problem is that gaining Wyvern Tokens is gated by real life days. You don't get Wyvern Tokens based on how much you play or grind; it's basically entirely tied in the daily. 

@stratigizer quote:

@RedL1ne quote:

The problem is that gaining Wyvern Tokens is gated by real life days. You don't get Wyvern Tokens based on how much you play or grind; it's basically entirely tied in the daily. 

Exactly. It should be rewarded based on commitment/skill too, not with JUST simple dailies. Too lame.

I think your right by saying alphas arent for you lol. This game is better assembled than most betas ive played.  I doubt itll b as it is for the next phase. Trendy has SEEMED better than that thus far. Only time will tell. This is why i mainly play solo. You dont fllllyyyyy right up and then hit a stand still as bad as ur describing. Ill wait till its beta before doing much coop.

@Mysticwriter612 quote:

I think your right by saying alphas arent for you lol. This game is better assembled than most betas ive played.  I doubt itll b as it is for the next phase. Trendy has SEEMED better than that thus far. Only time will tell. This is why i mainly play solo. You dont fllllyyyyy right up and then hit a stand still as bad as ur describing. Ill wait till its beta before doing much coop.

It might've been just me but I understood absolutely nothing from what you just said. + argumentation?

Oh you were the guy who agreed with my post, except you wanted to add something..... That was already in my post.

Actually u can get Tokens on onslaught missions. Now i have all ubers, betsy pet and 230 tokens left.

Some time i got 3-10 tokens per run.

Yes, progress now is TOO easy and fast. I remember times when u need 20-30 hrs ingame to get 1 char 50 lvl. And that was ok, when maxed 8 chars.

Probably best way for such ppl like u - Token store for gems.

@RedL1ne quote:

Actually u can get Tokens on onslaught missions. Now i have all ubers, betsy pet and 230 tokens left.

Some time i got 3-10 tokens per run.

Yes, progress now is TOO easy and fast. I remember times when u need 20-30 hrs ingame to get 1 char 50 lvl. And that was ok, when maxed 8 chars.

Probably best way for such ppl like u - Token store for gems.

10 tokens in one onslaught run, sure, what on normal to wave 200? That will take like a full day. Better off logging in once a day for 15 mins to do the daily ;). Such efficiency. 

Besides, you said some time you get 3-10. So often times you get below 3. That's just hilarious for spending HOURS on an Onslaught run. Also you're forgetting about the fun aspect. How fun is it to grind boring Onslaught for Tokens, while you're not progressing at all for gear. As far as I know the rewards are wave based, not difficulty? So yeah. Wow.

And you're wrong. I'm not going to buy Tokens with $ if they decide to make it practically impossible to farm them, while you need them for especially the crucial huntress Uber. No thanks. 

I find that this is simply not a problem. Maybe somebody who's only been playing for a few weeks might find it to be an issue, but once you've played for about 2 months, its really no big deal. They're supposed to be a bit difficult to get. but honestly you get enough as is. every month you can do a monthly, which gives 40 wyvern tokens, and 30 daily quests which give 3-4 tokens on average. If you play only 20 days in the month and average only 3 wyvern tokens for your daily (which you should average about 4-6 if you reroll the lower ones into higher amounts) you get 100 tokens per month with a relatively small amount of effort. If you reroll lower quests and log in every day, you should get almost 200. 200 wyvern tokens can buy you 3 uber spheres and leave you with extra. That's 1/3 of the uber spheres in the whole game in 1 month. I don't feel that 3-4 months for every sphere in the game is too long to wait. Oh, and that's not even including doing onslaught mode or the leveling quests.

@DrumMajor012210 quote:

I find that this is simply not a problem. Maybe somebody who's only been playing for a few weeks might find it to be an issue, but once you've played for about 2 months, its really no big deal. 

Do you know why it is a problem? Because you can level all heroes to 50 and solo up to NM3 with tower build, in ~10 days (that's what I did). At that point you need the Uber, and you might have used up the tokens for e.g. cosmetics, since there is absolutely no information what so ever regarding the Token rewards (or just recently). 

So yeah, people who are playing the game hardcore are getting punished. It's easy to reply to my post saying it's not a big deal if you don't play this game a whole lot each day; then the dailies/monthlies are much help, yes. Not for me (us).

Though I understand the frustration of gaining wyvern tokens slowly, cause I definitely experienced that when I first started, I can't really imagine Trendy changing this. They want you to continue to play their game... if you could beat NM4 and get max gear in a week, why would you keep playing? Time-gated currency is a pretty common thing in most types of games today.

Also, as you said, you can complete 95%+ of the game without an uber (up to NM3 incursion) and can even get your first uber somewhat quickly with the monthly. NM4 isn't meant to be completed within a week, and it isn't meant to be easy or available to every player.

However, I do agree that it's a bummer when there is really only one viable build for NM4. I'm hoping that over the next month or two, Trendy will release more passives / builds that will also be NM4 viable.

Don't understand this discussion...

So first question : you said you were max lvl 50 and in nm3 games in a blink of an eye.

So, you must be well geared already and have made some farm to be able to build nm3 with a big time of play to get this gears fast. (or leecher ?)

So as you make some farm to go fast on nm3, you must know you can have between 5 and 30 tokens by day with daily quests (you have a post on the forum with the quest too choose to have the max tokens). So, you can have your ubber in 2 days if your lucky or max 2 weeks (very unlucky) if you do all your daily quests every day.

And to finish ... it's true the trap build is the current meta but you can make nm4 inc with differents other builds. 

So in fact, your point is just to cry because you can't make it the easy way possible so you have to think a little to your build strat and farm just a little to progress in the game ?

@Cyrius quote:

Maybe, it's this game which is not for you and not only the Alpha if you just want all at the start and play 3 hours to finish the game full stuff ?

Dante Zorrender

@fcgb92 quote:

Don't understand this discussion...

So first question : you said you were max lvl 50 and in nm3 games in a blink of an eye.

So, you must be well geared already and have made some farm to be able to build nm3 with a big time of play to get this gears fast. (or leecher ?)

So as you make some farm to go fast on nm3, you must know you can have between 5 and 30 tokens by day with daily quests (you have a post on the forum with the quest too choose to have the max tokens). So, you can have your ubber in 2 days if your lucky or max 2 weeks (very unlucky) if you do all your daily quests every day.

And to finish ... it's true the trap build is the current meta but you can make nm4 inc with differents other builds. 

So in fact, your point is just to cry because you can't make it the easy way possible so you have to think a little to your build strat and farm just a little to progress in the game ?

@Cyrius quote:

Maybe, it's this game which is not for you and not only the Alpha if you just want all at the start and play 3 hours to finish the game full stuff ?

Dante Zorrender

Dante, I was thinking this the whole time I was reading this thread. 

i would not say you gets too few wyvern tokens, would however say that the Uber Sphere's might be too expensive. i dont mind if all Uber's did cost Wyvern tokens, but 60 is a bit too much and takes about a month to get each 1 of them. reduce the price rather than giving more. the keys costing 9 are fine. maybe increase it to 10 to balance abit up for reducing of uber's. also the Pet price is ok i guess. its legendary so it should be hard to get.

@fcgb92 quote:

How do you get 5-30 tokens a day?

Also, I have 150 hours in the game and don't have enough tokens for my second uber yet; it is not from lack of playing, but from lack of opportunity to receive tokens.

I have 189 tokens at the moment and  and I own 3 ubers.  They kinda pile up, I was thinking they should drop slower ;-)

Do the dailies and the monthly.  You can have a 60 in short order. 

@zim quote:

I have 189 tokens at the moment and  and I own 3 ubers.  They kinda pile up, I was thinking they should drop slower ;-)

Problem is... some of us have invisible dailies

@PixelGames quote:

@zim quote:

Problem is... some of us have invisible dailies

My dailies have been bugged forever.  So I'm really far behind.  

Atm we had 3 monthly quest, so 3*40 = 120 wyvern tokens.

Plus the dailies, etc. Without farming like a dumb unslaught (fyi when i made 8hour run for 40 wave, i won like 8 tokens, so 1 per hour in average, not worth at all giving the fact its not fun at all), the average wyvern token u can get each day is like 4 and a half token. And this reduces with the fact that u don't log in every single day, because u'll not be able to reroll daily for a better one more than once a day.

So, for those who complain it's too slow, no, it is not. Log in every day, do daily every day, do monthly every month.

I've played like 600hrs, playing when i can and not every day, and i have all uber except 1 and except betsy egg. So, imo, token rewards are ok, neither too much nor too little.