Dynamic timers for pets

There are currently a few problems with how pets work, some of them are:

Lack of excitement towards hatching pets,

An unbalanced rot timer for eggs,

and gambling for good role with premium pets.

The first and last one are especially important in my opinion. 

My suggestion to these problems would be:

Make the rarity of pets be determined as they drop so that yoi can immediately know if they will be good or not.  This will allow players to (for the lack of a better word) upgrade to premium pets without the worry of getting a poor role.

Adjust the incubation and rot timers relative to the egg's rarity. A longer timer if it's rare, and a short one if it's common. For example, Legendary and Mythical eggs may have a 3-4 hour hatch time and a 48 hour rot time. Where a Powerful egg will, for example, only have a 20 minute hatch time and 6 hour rot time.

What this does is:

Actually build excitement when incubating a Legendary or Mythical egg. I feel it will make players think along the lines of "I don't know what this is ganna be, but it's gotta be good!"

Allows players to let common eggs rot for the shellium shards without the risk of not getting a rare pet.

I am aware that TE didn't really want to have pet eggs role in-session, but I feel it may be a smart choice.

I also believe that the timers that I gave as an example are quite accurate. The 20 min timer on Powerful eggs with allow players to start up a map and by that time, it will be completed.

What do you guys think about the pros and cons about this idea?

I personally think this would remove the excitement factor from the eggs. If it has a longer timer then you already know its going to be decent. At least with it being random those times you get a mythical pet you jump out of your chair from excitement because you were expecting less.

The rot timers definitely need to be changed. 2 days of waiting for an egg to rot is a little much when youre trying to evolve your pet. 6 hours i feel is more fair personally because eggs aren't super rare and even if you forget to hatch one its not the end of the world.  

1. keep what is in the egg unknown

2. make the timer about 6-12 and have the players work to getting it reduced by completing levels and playing the game

@Arcflare quote:

I personally think this would remove the excitement factor from the eggs. If it has a longer timer then you already know its going to be decent. At least with it being random those times you get a mythical pet you jump out of your chair from excitement because you were expecting less.

The rot timers definitely need to be changed. 2 days of waiting for an egg to rot is a little much when youre trying to evolve your pet. 6 hours i feel is more fair personally because eggs aren't super rare and even if you forget to hatch one its not the end of the world.  

I currently do not find hatching eggs exciting. You have a point - getting something much bettet than you expected - could be exciting to a degree, but I personally find that I haven't needed to work hard enough for that feeling. For me, if I can hatch pets whenever I want, it doesn't feel that special getting a decent pet, because my other 15 eggs are bound to get it too. I think that if there was a hatch timer, say 1 hour long, for incubating eggs it would break up this chain of free eggs and make each one more impactful. I feel that the previous 8 hour hatch time undermined the whole process by being too long.

@Citrullus24 quote:

1. keep what is in the egg unknown

2. make the timer about 6-12 and have the players work to getting it reduced by completing levels and playing the game

2 could be a good idea. Although I think players would not like a timer longer than 8 hours, even if they can reduce it through playing. I think players should be able to hatch atleast 6 eggs a day.