Sign in to follow this  
Shard

Additonal Equipped Hero slot

I know we only have four hero class, so it kinda make sense to have four equipped hero slots. However some of us have four hero dedicated to defense. Wouldn't it be nice to have 5th slot for a favorite DPS hero?

Feel free to expand this idea, I do have several ideas but I'm trying to keeping it simple.

@Shard quote:

I know we only have four hero class, so it kinda make sense to have four equipped hero slots. However some of us have four hero dedicated to defense. Wouldn't it be nice to have 5th slot for a favorite DPS hero?

Feel free to expand this idea, I do have several ideas but I'm trying to keeping it simple.

To be fair, for the longest time we only had 3 hero slots. It wasnt until Wipeaggeddon that we got a 4th Hero slot.

Oh? I didn't play around that time. I guess I cannot really complain.

It's ust a nuisance I thought others would feel the same way.

This is one of the things I noticed almost immediately upon launching the game for the first time. In DD1 I remember having far more separate character slots. Granted DD1 wasn't free and there were more heroes, but the point still stands. Hopefully when they add more heroes into the game they will allow more hero slots, I don't want to have to pick and choose which hero to sacrifice if I want to try out a newly released hero.

It's free to play. $4,99 for another hero slot. I think it's fair, they must make $$$ somehow. Besides, if you don't wish to pay the $4,99 for convenience if you play this game so heavily you feel the need for that, you can just keep a different stat set in your inventory and swap whenever you'd like and pay only 1,500 coins for a respec.

@Cyrius quote:

It's free to play. $4,99 for another hero slot. I think it's fair, they must make $$$ somehow.

Totally different thing! We are talking about the EQUIPPED Hero slots not LIST of Hero slots.

I would actually be willing to pay for another equipped hero slot through.

I see, that changes things. My bad. Definitely a thing they should consider adding, yes. Even for a $ price.

[[2762,users]]
I agree that they need to make money.
What I am saying is that compared to DD1 it is twice as hard and expensive to try out new things in DD2.
Example:

If you start out with a Full HP Squire for the best walls possible, get really good gear for him for the HP build, and then later on decide that you want to try a different build, you have to, in essence, scrap that hero completely unless you either A) Buy another Hero Slot or B) Manage your bag space even more, making room for 8 more items to hold in case you ever want to go back to the Full HP build, the other option being buying more bag space. (This example assumes you have one of each other default character)

You make a fair point in saying "$4,99 for another hero slot." "they must make $$$ somehow" but when you take into consideration that the asking price for Dungeon Defenders 1 is a grand total of $14.99 ($19.99 for DDE). Assuming I spend $19.99 on crystals that gives me 2,400 (because of the 25% bonus for buying in bulk) + the 225 you get for your first level 50 character give a grand total of 2,625 for the price of DDE. It is 450 for either a full bag slot or a hero slot. That gives me enough to buy some combination of 5 full bag slots and hero slots. When you take into account that the original game has a seemingly infinite storage space this is a little silly. And don't forget that paying the full price for DDE gives you all of the extra characters and all of the DLC for the game at not extra cost (unless I am wrong about this please correct me if I am).

I wouldn't mind paying $20 for infinite storage space and 4 extra character slots. This would be relatively equal to what you get for buying DDE at full price. You claim they need to make money but they are asking for much more money for the even less privileges that are afforded us in the prequel. What it comes down to is how much you get for your money, and in the current case of DD2, even with the game being F2P, you get less for your money than you would in DD1/DDE.

TL:DR

- For the current asking price, and the current amount of content you would have to pay twice as much for simple mechanics such as storage space and hero slots to feel the game as the original games

All of this math becomes void when you realize the game is still in Alpha and for all we know the price tags could go away when the full release comes out. There is nothing wrong with price tags on Alpha or Beta access if they go away when the game full releases. If that is the case, and if you happen to have a time machine, please let me know.

@LastTourniquet quote:

Assuming I spend $19.99 on crystals that gives me 2,400 (because of the 25% bonus for buying in bulk) + the 225 you get for your first level 50 character

You only get 200 Gems for completing the last Quest for level 50.

@LastTourniquet quote:

Cyrius
I agree that they need to make money.
What I am saying is that compared to DD1 it is twice as hard and expensive to try out new things in DD2.
Example:

If you start out with a Full HP Squire for the best walls possible, get really good gear for him for the HP build, and then later on decide that you want to try a different build, you have to, in essence, scrap that hero completely unless you either A) Buy another Hero Slot or B) Manage your bag space even more, making room for 8 more items to hold in case you ever want to go back to the Full HP build, the other option being buying more bag space. (This example assumes you have one of each other default character)

You make a fair point in saying "$4,99 for another hero slot." "they must make $$$ somehow" but when you take into consideration that the asking price for Dungeon Defenders 1 is a grand total of $14.99 ($19.99 for DDE). Assuming I spend $19.99 on crystals that gives me 2,400 (because of the 25% bonus for buying in bulk) + the 225 you get for your first level 50 character give a grand total of 2,625 for the price of DDE. It is 450 for either a full bag slot or a hero slot. That gives me enough to buy some combination of 5 full bag slots and hero slots. When you take into account that the original game has a seemingly infinite storage space this is a little silly. And don't forget that paying the full price for DDE gives you all of the extra characters and all of the DLC for the game at not extra cost (unless I am wrong about this please correct me if I am).

I wouldn't mind paying $20 for infinite storage space and 4 extra character slots. This would be relatively equal to what you get for buying DDE at full price. You claim they need to make money but they are asking for much more money for the even less privileges that are afforded us in the prequel. What it comes down to is how much you get for your money, and in the current case of DD2, even with the game being F2P, you get less for your money than you would in DD1/DDE.

TL:DR

- For the current asking price, and the current amount of content you would have to pay twice as much for simple mechanics such as storage space and hero slots to feel the game as the original games

All of this math becomes void when you realize the game is still in Alpha and for all we know the price tags could go away when the full release comes out. There is nothing wrong with price tags on Alpha or Beta access if they go away when the game full releases. If that is the case, and if you happen to have a time machine, please let me know.

I was totally gonna post something similar to what you said. It really irks me that the original game had unlimited hero slots and this game costs me $5 every time I don't want to pay 1500 gold and recycle a hero to try a different build which I want to try... *cough cough* pumpkin huntress *cough cough*