Sign in to follow this  
jefferson019

I almost bought it .. until

Just thought since the game doesn't explain this too great (Unless I missed something) you don't have to pick up every item in the level between waves to benefit from it, in the build phase, walk around and look at items, if they're better than what you have/ worth keeping, pick them up, if not, leave it on the floor and (If what I've heard is correct) when you start the next wave, the game will sell the items left behind and bank the money for you. meaning you don't really even need to have more bag space than there are item types, you can't use 2 bows on your character, so don't pick up 2 in the same wave, just get the better one. As for cosmetics, well, it's clear they stand as the "optional content if you want to donate but want to be rewarded" type of payment. 2 players with wildly varying amounts of transactions in the game can play together, and the only difference in how they do will be their skill and stats, both free features.

[[124969,users]]

Sadly, the game does not sell the leftover items :(
Since the loot is one of the main focuses of this game, TE wants us to take care of our loot. Otherwise, it would be a looting simulator. Like botting - doing the job for a player. However.

After a wave, during the build phase, you can walk around, browse through the loot and collect the items that are actually useful to you. All of the other loot will go to your "auto-loot" bags. There is a function for bags to auto-collect items. You have to enable them in your inventory. Auto-loot tarts with the rarest (legendary) and the last ones to be picked up (if there is space in your bags) will be white items. You can set however many bags you want to auto-collect for you. However, in case your bags are full, system stops auto-collecting and at the end the game whatever items are left on the ground will simply be lost. That simply means that you do not care about those "trash" items (I believe, this is the reason behind such mechanic).

Having four or five auto-collect bags lasts you through 5-7 waves of gameplay, which is one Incursions map (5) or one regular map (7). I personally use 4 auto-collect bags and see no problems managing my loot :) I also have a bag for each hero, and a bag for a hero is PLENTY to stuff four different sets (dps, tank, two builders). And anyway, most of the time, my both builders (be it a "booster" or dps builder) use almost all the same items. I only need a different whole set for Crit builds.

So saying that inventory is too small is quite ignorant, coming from a grown-up or a teenager.

Hope this sheds some clarity onto how looting works for you :)
May RNGoddess smile upon you!

[[77157,users]]

Thanks for the reply, just saved me a lot of loot I think, I'd found a thread online (gamefaqs I think, not this forum) where someone had said otherwise, but like you said, the default number of bags definitely looks like plenty, especially if you prioritize it right, instead of grabbing every basic item you see when you don't have a lot of storage space.

There is no micro transactions in the game at all to make you better, no caps nothing. 

The only concept of micro transaction is buying crowns to unlock boxes (all cosmetic) or buying new clothing from the wardrobe (cosmetic and not all are good) buying bigger bag space and finally increasing pet bag space (not needed) and buying premium pets to transform the egg  

So you need to look into the game first before random angry thread  

dungeon defenders 1 asked money for new maps all the time. It had some of the highest amount of paid dlc that I've seen on steam.  Dungeon defenders 2 however keeps bringing out maps and modes for free for quite some time already.  The only things you can get with real money are bag slots and cosmetics. If this is too much to handle for a free to play game then FU lol

@Agronic quote:

dungeon defenders 1 asked money for new maps all the time. It had some of the highest amount of paid dlc that I've seen on steam.  Dungeon defenders 2 however keeps bringing out maps and modes for free for quite some time already.  The only things you can get with real money are bag slots and cosmetics. If this is too much to handle for a free to play game then FU lol

Don't forget about extra hero space ;)

There is a lot I'm not happy with about DD2 at the moment, but you can literally play and win this game for FREE.

NONE of the content ... heroes, weapons, maps, towers, etc, etc. is paid for.

It bears no resemblance at all to mobile games that allow you to progress only to a point and then milk you for cash once you are hooked.

Hear hear.

Dungeon Defenders 2 could have put in a cooldown timer on the War Map, where you can only deploy a certain amount of times, or pay 'some' gems to accelerate your timer. Freemium games do it all the time.

Dungeon Defenders 2 could, like Street Fighter V is doing RIGHT NOW, where you can get the next released character or a new background for cash, or grind the f- out of the game to get it.

Dungeon Defenders 2 could have the Blacksmith also give you a under-the-table deal on the best weapons simply by handing him gems instead of coins.

But IT DOESN'T.

Dungeon Defenders has the costumes, which are from 400 to 1200 gems, extra character slots, which might become relevant if the old additional heroes return in a future update, or bag space, which only matters if you have a really good reason to keep the weapons or are a munchkin.

So, really, the only big problem is whether or not you want to use the extra costumes or not, since the rest isn't going to matter this side of Christmas.

The PC verson is 100% free to play, pay for convenience. There is no advantage bar having an even larger inventory to sort through. 

The console verson is 1 time pay to play, pay for convenience.

Every very online multiplayer game has pay for convenience if it's free to play, and DD2 has one of the best, if not already TOO good of a loot system for a F2P looting system. 

They have to make money somehow... And making it in a way that is not intrusive on non-paying players is perfect. Hence cosmetics and loot space.

Can this thread be locked by a mod please? There is absolutely nothing to gain from this thread continuing on. I think everybody has said their piece. Constructive criticism is fine but this thread has gone far off the deep end.

Yes plz close this thread. If OP still can't "see" what's going on here, after 3 pages of our members basically wasting time trying to explain the obvious, I recommend buying glasses.

This thread seems to have run it's course, so I'll be closing it. That being said, Trendy of course welcomes feedback both positive and negative, as long as it's constructive and civil. What you guys think about this and other topics matters, so I encourage you to keep on doing so- just keep those two rules of thumb in mind. :)