Sign in to follow this  
MushroomCake28

The best way to farm gears in NM 3-4

Considering the fact that you need to play with a certain hero on map to get gears with passives for your hero's class, and the fact that you want a builder for each class, is the best way of farming gears for all classes to have 8 characters (1 builder and 1 DPS for each class)?

Not really required but i guess it helps, I'm currenly around 560-600 ipwr with all 4 builders and dont have a DPS class yet ( all solo ) So i wouldn't say DPS is required.

That said its probably a requirement for 4 man groups in nm3/4
not enough info about nm4 out there yet to know :)

You don't need a lot of passives for the monk or huntress to get good enough gear to beat NM3 to the point where you don't need DPS.  It can be hard to farm for apprentice gear if you're looking for frosty power, but you just get someone to help you build frost towers in the mean time or once your towers are strong enough you can have out your weak apprentice.  You can farm some reasonable frosty power buff off of insane and just try to keep up with your app when it's possible.  As for squire, it's not that hard to have him out to farm hearty without needing him to be DPS.  Huntress is quit easy since they can have really good DPS on a builder compared to the other classes.  Monk doesn't need many passives and the purge evil staff can be rewarded when on any hero class.   For the monk you're just left swapping to him when the maps get easier (for your towers to solo) so you can search out the amped up, idle flow, boost empower, extra range passives.

It's definitely not "required" especially if you're playing with others. If you simply snag a set of overall DPS gear you can respec your character into DPS and let someone else take over that building role.

If you only really play solo I guess it can help. Though personally I just use all 4 builders and do fine.

I'm doing fine in NM3 with 3 builders and 1 DPS, all iPWR 570-600. But the thing is that if i remove my huntress, i have difficulty getting rid of bosses, especially with 3 ogres at the same time. So i am "forced" to play with my huntress DPS for the moment in NM3. 

@alexstonge25 quote:

I'm doing fine in NM3 with 3 builders and 1 DPS, all iPWR 570-600. But the thing is that if i remove my huntress, i have difficulty getting rid of bosses, especially with 3 ogres at the same time. So i am "forced" to play with my huntress DPS for the moment in NM3. 

I have 220k walls on a squire that's set up to tank (as much resistance + hero hp as I can get + hearty blockade on everything).  While my walls are weaker than a dedicated waller, with a serenity aura he can usually tank double ogres without dying.