In game : not able to start a map (match unavailable, 2003 error). Same pb for alot of ppl in the tavern.

Closed the game / launched again : not able to play (2003 error).

Even private doesnt work.

Same issue here.  Mine says "Error 2003: Server Request Limit Exceeded."  I'm trying to play on a private server as well.

Edit:  It finally let me into a private server.

Edit 2: I'm in my tavern but I can't actually play a map.  So there's that.

I was playin with friend, then i lost net.

Obviously i couldnt RE-connect because this feature is not yet implemented.

To be honest im encountering weird bug right now...

1445098329.gif

Alpha or not, imho the bugfixes should go first, not the cosmetic items...

I'm in a similar place.  First there is a 2002 error stating the the servers are experiencing high traffic, but after minimizing that error I receive the error "Could not successfully authenticate with Steam.  Please try restarting the application. Please contact support if the problem persists".  I can log in to Steam fine on my end and had to just to get to this forum.

This issue is known, you can read more here: https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/126722/known-issue-high-traffic-thank-you. 

They said they anticipated more issues throughout the weekend. It sucks for now, but I'm sure they will get this addressed to as soon as possible (with highest priority). 

@se7enek quote:

I understand that you are frustrated, but rest assured they are not prioritizing like that ;). 

Also what I have noticed is that when you get errors trying to join (a friend's game for instance), just keep trying and if you're lucky it will work within a couple of attempts. If it is not working, try remaking your private tavern and see if that works.

I mean, if it's a high traffic, they can buy more servers.

- "Dude, i've an idea, we gonna make a game, but we gonna just buy few servers, then make the game free, like that just the first players will play, the other will have to wait and press a button again and again for a hope."

- " U're a genius maaan!"

@se7enek quote:

You have to understand that people working on costume design do not code the core elements of the game or fix bugs. They work with tablets and other tools to make you look cool. None of their work is associated with bug fixes and coding :)

Keep that in mind;)

Obviously they haven't put enough into the back end and frankly that's shockingly bad project planning, scale properly then reduce your server farm if numbers aren't as high as you want, scale too low and piss people off and they go, never to come back.

As a casual gamer who gets only an hour here and there to play games it's massively annoying to not be able to play when you have the limited opportunity to do so.

It's purely caused by the large amount of traffic due to DD2 being free now on Steam. Open alpha, remember. This even happens to Blizzard games when stuff gets released so it is really bold to look down upon Trendy for these technical difficulties.

@Fozzie quote:

As a casual gamer who gets only an hour here and there to play games it's massively annoying to not be able to play when you have the limited opportunity to do so.

U want to play? Nah, we didn't expected those players, come back later duude.

@Colonel Rambo quote:

I mean, if it's a high traffic, they can buy more servers.

- "Dude, i've an idea, we gonna make a game, but we gonna just buy few servers, then make the game free, like that just the first players will play, the other will have to wait and press a button again and again for a hope."

- " U're a genius maaan!"

Yeah, that's not exactly how it works for businesses. You don't just walk into a apple store and say "give me servers". Also buying more servers, even if it was simple, is not optimal. Servers are expensive to maintain and generally buying more doesn't fix the problem, just allows you to put it off until more people come, then back to square one.

Also just going to leave this here.

"Since we’re in Early Access, here’s a little more information on what happened with our service: 

It wasn’t the actual servers (we have plenty of those). The problem was our matchmaking service bottlenecked while handling the requests for new server instances. And oh boy, there were a TON of requests for new instances coming in very fast. We tested for this before launch using way higher numbers than what happened over the weekend, but the organic behavior of live players is unpredictable and exposed bottlenecks our testing didn’t show. What we’re releasing should solve the immediate problem, but there’s more work to be done, so expect further improvements in the future."

Link to the post: Link