Sign in to follow this  
DingusPingus

Getting only generic legendaries

I haven't been getting an legendary with any unique passives. Specifically, I've been trying to farm for the purge evil passive on monk but I have been only getting the generic polearm legendary. I mainly play endgame nm3 freeplay, but I have tried nm2 incursion and I have still not been having luck. If anyone has some tips, please let me know. Thanks!

i am in the same loop as you bud, had mine strangely while i was playing on my mage on liferoot in NM2

now in NM3 and i farmed quite a while throne room and every single polearm i dropped on my monk wasn't that one and i really need to change it since not only is it from NM2 but that *** rolled with ability power instead of defense power so kind of break my purge evil build a bit :P

Guys along with the frosty staff and splody sword the purge evil staff drops the rarest. Most people got theirs when an event ran with increased drop rates, I guess its time Trendy ran that again for all the newer players.

Getting one with DP is the Holy Grail experience Emoji_Monk.png

@JCourtney quote:

Why aren't there named Legendaries in the game?  

maybe im misunderstanding your question; but there are named legendaries in the game, both the betsy weapons and build weapons have set names... just no one uses them because the passive (or betsy) is easier to remember

RNG is RNG but I find these drop in hot streaks for me.

I am looking for a new Frosty staff and I have not had one drop for ages. I bet once one drops though I will find 10 (none with DP ofc)

They're too rare as even when one drops they have so many passive and % differences it's probably going to be junk. I was on my huntress and had the monk one drop. You don't have to be on the specific class for it to drop.

Yeah this gets back to I dont think Trendy has a good pulse on drops, particularlu ones being critical to entire builds - we're not talking perfect ones but *any ones* dropping, I took a break last go around as I wanted to try and test purge evil, never got a drop - outside the one right before the 240- and they nerfed down to nothing.

It's good that they're so rare. Chilling touch + PE are basically bis items. No fun if they drop as often as a hookers pants.

Edit: Literally just as I posted that this happened:

5026d46b40.jpg

@Fozzie quote:

Guys along with the frosty staff and splody sword the purge evil staff drops the rarest. Most people got theirs when an event ran with increased drop rates, I guess its time Trendy ran that again for all the newer players.

I believe that Trendy got the RNG setting for the Monk Serenity Weapon wrong by misplacing a decimal point.  I've been searching for one since the release of that weapon, playing 2-4 hours per day and have not found one yet.

@Fozzie quote:

Do they get more difficult for the higher ilvl versions? Because I've ran nm1 probably 4 times total and gotten 2 of the splody swords and this polearm on my fresh monk's first nm run:

G9F6Pj3.jpg

@Kaimera quote:

Do they get more difficult for the higher ilvl versions? Because I've ran nm1 probably 4 times total and gotten 2 of the splody swords and this polearm on my fresh monk's first nm run:

Not sure if they get more rare, but I'd just say you got incredibly lucky as I've ran probably 20 games on my monk just to get 1 purge evil wep.

I am having the same issue. I play NM3-NM4 probably about 4 hours a day, and I MIGHT run into ONE of the named legendary weapons a day. Havent seen a purge evil or a splody harpoon in 2 weeks. have come across 1 frost staff and 2 phoenix bows. I think there is something extremely wrong with higher NM special legendary drops. I have played incursions and regular end-game and still an getting nothing.

@topler quote:

@Kaimera quote:

Not sure if they get more rare, but I'd just say you got incredibly lucky as I've ran probably 20 games on my monk just to get 1 purge evil wep.

20 games to get the Purging Evil weapon?  You are indeed lucky!