Sign in to follow this  
Morcythe

Remove team turret cap and make it per person.......also nerf sorc a little and buff huntress, monk turrets.

I say this b/c I absolutely hate it in your game, whether it be in the first one or now. Granted i ended up only playing the summoner when that came out in the first one b/c of having their own turret cap and not being shared. In DDII, I found it to be a bit more irritating b/c of the fact when i start a public match and even if it is the building phase pre round one i can never loot a chest for crystals and the fact that most of the pubs i play with seem to mass build the *** towers to take up cap space to try and get the better score generally leaving me behind the 8 ball b/c i can't loot any and also b/c i'm not a d*** trying to take as much cap as possible when I build. I like to build strategically and not just throw and much as i can everywhere and try and get the best that way by massing crap.

Also i would like to mention that the apprentice seems to have way better turrets compared to the rest of the class's but the swordsman is close behind. I find that the Huntress and monk are several lacking in general and damage. Massing mines does not count as any kind of a good strategy imo. When it comes to monk I can say for sure that i find 2 of their turrets worth it to build for the most part, kinda like Huntress with 2 as well....

I've also asked others in game how they have felt about both of these and i seem to get quite a few that agree with me and figure that I would just put my thoughts on a forum post and see how everyone else feels.

(sorry about poor grammar and such but i was more of a Science, Math freak in school and could have cared less for English XD)

The popular endgame builds generally consist of Squire blockades, Huntress traps (physical and elemental), Monk auras (boost and serenity) along with anti-air turrets, and Apprentice freeze towers. There are certainly other viable endgame builds but this shows that certain defenses may have more use than you might initially think. Certain towers (e.g. arcane barrier and poison dart tower) see far less use and do perhaps need a buff.

I don't really play public games, though, so I can't give an opinion on that part.

@Morcythe quote:

I say this b/c I absolutely hate it in your game, whether it be in the first one or now. Granted i ended up only playing the summoner when that came out in the first one b/c of having their own turret cap and not being shared. In DDII, I found it to be a bit more irritating b/c of the fact when i start a public match and even if it is the building phase pre round one i can never loot a chest for crystals and the fact that most of the pubs i play with seem to mass build the *** towers to take up cap space to try and get the better score generally leaving me behind the 8 ball b/c i can't loot any and also b/c i'm not a d*** trying to take as much cap as possible when I build. I like to build strategically and not just throw and much as i can everywhere and try and get the best that way by massing crap.

Also i would like to mention that the apprentice seems to have way better turrets compared to the rest of the class's but the swordsman is close behind. I find that the Huntress and monk are several lacking in general and damage. Massing mines does not count as any kind of a good strategy imo. When it comes to monk I can say for sure that i find 2 of their turrets worth it to build for the most part, kinda like Huntress with 2 as well....

I've also asked others in game how they have felt about both of these and i seem to get quite a few that agree with me and figure that I would just put my thoughts on a forum post and see how everyone else feels.

(sorry about poor grammar and such but i was more of a Science, Math freak in school and could have cared less for English XD)

When you are good at math, then why you not analyse it and put it here in formulars so we can take a look on it, because I guess you will be suprised about your first look analyse. :)

Squire - best Barriers, concentrated single target shots with high damage, AA-Projectiles (Anti-Air)
Apprentice - best projectile Barriers, best AoE (Area of Effect) & Crowd Controll, AA-Projectiles
Huntress - Damage support, Crowd Controll, DoT (Damage over Time)
Monk - General Support for Heroes & Towers, AoE, Crowd Controll

At the moments seems the weapons for the huntress becomes totally overpowered. Level 20 Epic Bow = ~8,3k Damage, for example an Apprentice = 2,2k, Squire = 1,9k, Monk 2,1k.

If you play public, then look for a group which got a teamspeak server and join them. Best method for gaining new buddies.

this would make it impossible for a single player to build for the team. not everyone is a builder. also summoner class in DD2 had a global DU limit across all players in a game, it was just separate from the other tower DU pool. if u want to build so bad, start your own game, go private, or just ask people.

@Morcythe quote:

Ironically Huntress's traps are the best/most viable "strategy" for end game content right now. You wont see many if any tower squires/apps stomping NM4, especially not as easily.

Speaking from an end game pov - Huntress is brokenly OP. 

Squire is in a good place. 

App is incredible when it comes to frosty towers but it's not much use when it comes to building offence.

Monk's Serenity keeps it in a nice place.

The only issue is currently it'd only take a small tweak in the classes to effectively "break" NM4 and make it near unplayable. Then you end up with a load of people that are stuck in a zone of nothingness.