Sign in to follow this  
lpeters26

DDII is now free??

I paid around $15 for DD2 during the steam summer sale, and now it's free. Do I get a refund? Or at least some dlc? I just don't understand how they can just screw all the people that already paid for it. If anyone has any information on this or had this happen to them too, I would love to hear some feedback about this issue

@lpeters26 quote:

I paid around $15 for DD2 during the steam summer sale, and now it's free. Do I get a refund? Or at least some dlc? I just don't understand how they can just screw all the people that already paid for it. If anyone has any information on this or had this happen to them too, I would love to hear some feedback about this issue

and you got gems which are worth more than $15. silly thread 

You have $30 in ingame currency (gems) and 7 free premium bags, which cost 450 gems each.  All for a $15 contribution with early access included.

@Furied quote:

You have $30 in ingame currency (gems) and 7 free premium bags, which cost 450 gems each.  All for a $15 contribution with early access included.

that depends on if the summer sail was before 5/5/15, I doubt it was in may, so she probably didn't get the 3 bags. But she did get 40 pet slots, instead of 16, inorder to get 40, that'd be 350+200 550 in gems for what they gave to older players for free, the people that bought during alpha, and pre-alpha. Got two extra character slots.. and 4 accessories, and 3000 gems.

@lpeters26 quote:

You paid for early access. (and 2000 gems)

Before the Open alpha was even a thing the game was announced as a F2P game. Steam has always had the game tagged as a Free 2 Play game. Even the steam product description has always stated that you payed for early access to help the development and would reimburse you with ingame currency(Gems).

This was not a game that was doing badly so it "went" F2P. it was a F2P game from it's very conception.

Anyways having to pay for "early access" for any game is the norm. It wouldn't be "early" otherwise, would it.