Sign in to follow this  
Speedingbus

Match Maker setting you up to fail

So I just started playing DD2 as a Squire and I am on mission where you defend Pet Eggs for the first time. Well the MM keeps throwing me into these games where they have already started so I get zero mana for building defenses and the other players are a Monk/huntress who won't share mana so we have zero walls on first wave. So I keep playing with these people but what ever I build gets destroyed because I can't afford to build/upgrade my defenses while the other players keep build traps/auras that seem to do nothing.

I don't know why this game lets Huntress/Monks start the game gimping the other classes that can actually build freaking walls. Seriously I went into private lobby and beat the dam level by myself easy as pie because I didn't have these derp players building useless stuff either because there gear really sucks or they are going hero DPS.

TLDR Stop letting the game start without a squire or apprentice in party first so there's someone who can build walls. 

Walls really aren't needed up until around NM2. No sense in gimping the game so people can't play unless certain classes are in the lobby.

@Grim indeed quote:

matchmaking is atrocious, we need either a lobby system or a way to open private games to public (... or both... as DD1 had)

Would be nice. I'm getting tired of being forced to play solo because 90% of the I enter a public NM4 game people that have no idea how to build insist on doing it.