Please Trendy I know you can do this (so JUST DO IT) and apply cross platform to the game, (ps4-pc) because i really want to play with my friend. I don't have a good pc so I purchased the game on the ps4 and now my friend has it on his pc (he doesn't have a ps4). So please trendy make this dream come true and apply cross platform to this game , just optimize the updates that the ps4 doesn't have , sync the servers and boom ps4 players are now together with the pc ones! :D (I know it's not easy like this I just imagine).

i think it is a little bit to early. at first they must bring the games on the same version

but i still want it too ^^

bumb :( no one else agrees with me? (i know that the developers plan to implement cross platform and it's early but hey it's worth mention and maybe if you like agreeing with me :D )

sorry for my english.

@Gabe Newell quote:

bumb :( no one else agrees with me? (i know that the developers plan to implement cross platform and it's early but hey it's worth mention and maybe if you like agreeing with me :D )

sorry for my english.

It would be amazing if they could be synced together which is possible and mentioned in a dev stream, but both Sony and Trendy will have to come to an agreement to make it work.

So I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I think there would be an issue with patches. From what I understand, patches on PC can be applied freely, but on console, they have to go through verification before we can get them. That said, if it is at all possible, it would be pretty incredible.

Theres some minor details that will indefinitely need to be addressed beforehand, they have said before that they aren't sure if they want to hold updates on pc version to match with console updates. That does seem like the best current idea though id prefer the game auto update on console to match with pc so theres no delays and as much as that sounds unlikely let us remember DD1 was supposed to be that way but xbox at the time was charging 40k per update so that idea bailed fast. I was told many times on how PlayStation liked the idea and wanted to further pursue it, and it was better shown when they started sneaking stuff into the PS3 version lol. The main issue from what i could gather about DD1 was having to keep both console versions up to par with each other (they both had different architecture and xbox didn't want to merge servers)  then with PC which was as difficult as it was costly. Now its more likely than ever to be possible to have them work together :) just look at FF14arr, three in 1 (PS3, PS4, PC). I think it will just require some patience and we all need to be able to work together to help make this game something everyone will want to enjoy even if only every couple months lol. What im most interested in knowning at the moment is how will both play together, i mean we all know some people will play on max settings on PC and that can discourage some players to not want to play with PS4 users trying to find reasons to bash the console version for existing & what of potential lag between each others actions? Ive heard on FF14arr that a number of PC players swear off playing with console users, i dont know why but hey its anyones guess. Might just be PC elitists  lol, anyway theres a lot of time till this game is finished and hopefully during the testing we can all get a chance to play together but we all gotta help fix bugs and glitches first lol XD.

I am gonna keep this short!

Like most others already said, we have completely different versions of the game.

Playing together only works if we have the same versions. So right now its only a dream and won't work before we catch up with pc. Which will be in.... NEVER!

just wait until the game is completed^^. I dont like crossplay for PS4 but I have no problem if the game gets crossplay because im only playin with my friends :D

Guys don't be pessimistic (sorry if I butchered the word I don't speak very good english) cross platform WILL HAPPEN developers said it. I don't care how long it takes but I really want it because many I mean MANY people like me have friends on pc but they can't play with them because they don't have a good pc but they have a ps4 so they want to play with their friends on pc.

I really do wish for it to happen. But thinking about cross platform now is just not possible. Atleast not for the next 2 years.

Why not just have have 2 different PC versions?

One older version compatible with the ps4 that update at the same time

Second version everything else

Wont ever happen. Even triple A developers wont intergrate cross platform, with games like portal 2 being an exception. Ps4 will never have the same version as pc. 

I do not understand why there are people saying it is impossible when something like this already exist. It has been done already on FFXIV cross platform play between PC, Mac, PS4 and PS3 last year, and FFXIV is a much more complex and graphic intense game than this with a 24 party raid and a town (tavern) that can hold thousands of players at one time.

@Xavius quote:

I do not understand why there are people saying it is impossible when something like this already exist. It has been done already on FFXIV cross platform play between PC, Mac, PS4 and PS3 last year, and FFXIV is a much more complex and graphic intense game than this with a 24 party raid and a town (tavern) that can hold thousands of players at one time.

yeah but how long did they need? and they have the same version of the game on ps4 still early alpha an pc alpha this game needs years before its done

@Xavius quote:

Your comparing apples to oranges. Trendy Entertainment is an indy game developer. Just because Square Enix implemented cross platform doesnt mean every othe developer has too. 

@gamerjunkeeee quote:

@Xavius quote:

Your comparing apples to oranges. Trendy Entertainment is an indy game developer. Just because Square Enix implemented cross platform doesnt mean every othe developer has too. 

Oh they don't have to, all I am saying is it has been done and it is very much possible. You are correct that I am comparing apples to oranges, but that is what I am exactly trying to point out. If a much bigger game is able to do it, then it should not be as difficult to implement on a smaller scale game. I strongly believe cross-platform will generate them more profit and make it more fun for all players at the same time. I think its a win win situation.

@Xavius quote:

@gamerjunkeeee quote:

@Xavius quote:

Oh they don't have to, all I am saying is it has been done and it is very much possible. You are correct that I am comparing apples to oranges, but that is what I am exactly trying to point out. If a much bigger game is able to do it, then it should not be as difficult to implement on a smaller scale game. I strongly believe cross-platform will generate them more profit and make it more fun for all players at the same time. I think its a win win situation.

lol ? more profit? why? because of crossplay? i hope they do never cross play gaming, if you want to play with your friends then get the damn console or pc,

Ya unfortunately  cross platform will not generate profit. Seeing as trendy will only be getting paid from costumes and tower skins, i dont see many console players buying a new costume because they get to play with a pc player.