Sign in to follow this  
Hachi

Tinker's Lab Assault

Hey

I asked Alhanalem about this on the CDT stream and he suggested to post here. 

I was wondering, if the CDT had plans regarding improving or fixing the AI of the EVs where it is easy to get them to jump off the edge. I know that most of the community uses either lab runs as a currency or for mana/accessories (I do so myself as well) but I feel that it really breaks progression into nightmare by making it easier to acquire mythicals.

Would love to hear what the community thinks about it. I think for the accessories you get from Lab Assault it shouldn't be so easy to do.

Hachi

We've had this discussion here before, and it ended with a very clear answer: Lab Assault won't be nerfed. There's a few reasons for this:

First of all, it's been this way for nearly 2 years. Changing it now is just closing off an easy access to mana, armor, and the only really "good" accessories DD has to offer. The fact of the matter is that Lab Assault is as it stands a necessary evil for the game.

Secondly, The fact that insane Lab Assault is so easy is what makes Nightmare and above accessible for some people. Dungeon Defenders is notorious for being an extremely hard game to get into once you have finished up through insane, as the mechanics that form the basis of Nightmare are so daunting for new players.

Lastly, it is far better to buff other maps than to nerf Lab Assault. Nobody runs, for example, Palantir, mainly because there is no good reason to. If people were given a reason (In this case, good Annatar accssories), people would very quickly migrate to farming other maps.

The problem is that Lab is the ONLY place where we can get good acc's from, it's cruel that I can play KG NMHCMM wave 26+, and can't even get a godly acc to drop.

Yeah, it's been known for a while that Lab makes progression easy when going from insane to NM. Patching Lab to make EV's to smart to jump off the edge, that would annoy 98% of the people who play it, of course. I think it's too late to implement such improvements, or to early to some. First, they should concentrate on making lab loot (armor, acc's) more obtainable from other places, then maybe look into making Lab actually tough.

That's just me, I miss survival, but in all of my time in survival, I've seen maybe 4-8 Ult armor drops! that's several hundred hours at least! But lab has given me hundreds... mostly junk, but still. I've put in over 2500 hours in this game... I want my Ults!!