Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 1 Discussion

Greetings Defenders. The CDT is happy to present to you the newest update to DD1. Below are the bug fixes, quality of life changes and new content that has been included with this update. Please look them over, test them and provide your feedback on the changes. There is one change that will likely require its own thread for providing feedback and I have marked that.

New Content

• Temporary Moonbase themed tavern - Yes tavern themes are back!!
  • Buccaneers Bay Campaign Map (Including Survival)
  • Pirate Invasion Challenge
  • Two new weapons - (Campaign and Survival rewards)
  • Two new pets - (Survival rewards)
  • New accessory (Challenge reward)
  • Two new towers for the Jester (Feedback Thread Here)

Improvements

• All boss cutscenes are now skippable
  • The trading UI allows viewing all 48 items that can be present in a trade
  • Added a thousands separator (,) to all numbers using high value formatting when between 1,000 and 1 M
  • Tavern Dummy report text moved above hit damage text to allow for easier viewing. Tavern Dummy report text life increased to 8 seconds
  • Tavern Dummy averaging period increased from 2 to 4 seconds to improve consistency
  • Tavern Dummy now reports the total damage dealt between reports as well as the DPS
  • If Nightmare difficulty is selected in the tavern, all towers, heroes and pets will deal the damage they would in the map. Any towers or heroes spawning while Nightmare is selected will use Nightmare levels of all other stats but will not update when switching between difficulties.
  • Mana token and player shop max price increased to 2B
  • EV builders can now move while placing the child node of a beam. The player must be within casting range of either node to begin construction
  • Imp and Tower boost repair traps and beams the same way they do other towers
  • Traps and beams now use identical repair logic to other towers and will not allow repair focus for only a single charge during combat (can be repaired during combat from 95% health)
  • Tavern shop can now sell items with prices sensible for their quality (tavern shop quality consistency to be improved later)
  • Greater Turkey Hunt wave 9 time limit increased by 30 seconds
  • Item Value is reported using the high value formatting (eg. 2.1204 M) to improve readability. This is applied to the item box, player and tavern shops, item tooltip, and item inspect panels
  • Tower Wars and Moonbase now have level previews in game setup
  • Hit damage text is of a constant size. Size is about half of the previous maximum
  • Hit damage text is placed relative to the target, not the hit location
  • Jester present boxes have new defenses and adjusted spawn chances (Less chance of ogre spawns)
  • Jester present box unlock levels increased

Bug Fixes

• Reload speed, charge speed, knockback, blocking, guardian and propeller cat boosting stat generation clamped within their allowable range (no more picking up swords with 1000% Blocking Bonus only to find it turned into 30% in your item box)
  • Tavern Dummy is only hit once per tick by the Slice’N Dice and Lightning Towers to match all other targets
  • Tavern Dummy no longer waits for the first hit after a report window to begin the next window.
  • “Pro-Mode” and “Invest All” continue to function as advertised when the cost to upgrade exceeds 1B mana
  • Greater Turkey Hunt correctly spawns 8 turkey bosses
  • “Invest All” will bring the banked mana to zero if the upgrade cost is greater than the banked mana
  • “UnLock/Lock All” item box functions no longer cause long freezes when used
  • Akatiti water no longer removes the slowing effect of a spider web
  • Projectiles reflected by a reflect beam no longer trigger the genie pet granting mana if they hit an enemy
  • Enemies with suppressed elemental effects are always affected by gas traps
  • Guns with negative ammunition counts (displayed as 1 ammo) can now be upgraded
  • Fix banking mana at the forge eating the invested mana
  • Fix where certain weapons were forcibly spawned with max stats

• “Report Issue” button in options menu now points to a public form (and results are sent directly to the CDT)
  • Projectile towers report the complete period between attacks. Previously the animation time was not included. (This does not affect DPS. Just a more accurate attack rate reporting)
  • Genie pet can no longer grant multiple sets of mana as it completes its “swing” animation (Discuss Here)

The following changes were added on November 11, 2015:

Jester

Jack-in-the-Box

You asked for it, you got it: Now has 20% chance to "crit", dealing slightly more damage and applying knockback to all enemies (including Ogres!), as well as affecting heavier enemies such as Orcs more strongly.
    An errant muzzle flash left behind by the JITB's "projectile" has been told what to go do with itself.
    Overall attack speed slowed through a combination of adjusting Tower Rate stat scaling and animation scaling. The animation should be visible for a much wider range of attack rate stats. We felt that this was important since there is no other visual indicator of the tower attacking.
    Damage increased significantly to compensate for the slower attack rate. Now those punches really... pack a punch.
    Range is no longer affected by buff beams or Monk Guardians. No more super sonic punches that extend several times the reach of the punching animation!
    Base range slightly increased, range scaling slightly reduced; the Jack-in-the-Box should be able to bloody the noses of ogres attacking at their max range sooner. After all, they're Ogres, not Trolls.

Party Popper

The Party Popper has given up dancing, and will no longer "Do the Twist" while attacking.
    Projectile ratios adjusted favor splashing/piercing projectiles slightly more for extra party fun:
    -Magic Missile and Archer Arrow ratio decreased very slightly (Deadly Striker Bolt unchanged)
    -Fire, Poison, Thunder, and Purity Djinn shot ratio increased very slightly
    -Ogre Snot Ball and Fireball increased very slightly
    The pierce limit for Djinn shots has been increased by 50% (4 to 6). Magnum Bullets!

*Overall effect should be more area-of-effect damage, to address player feedback.

Maps

Fixed an invisble wall on Buccaneer Bay. You'll have to practice your miming skills elsewhere, sorry!
    Fixed an edge case in Pirate Invasion where finishing a phase with only a few seconds left would cause the game to glitch out.
    Gave aerial enemies a strategy lesson. They should now spawn in a much less erratic pattern.

Bugs / issues Fixed

Say ARRRRrrrr: the Pirate Patch has been buffed up to Turkey Mask levels.
    Shiver me Timbers: The Pirate Skeleton on a Treadmill is sporting a new icon and a colorization issue on the skeleton has been addressed.
    The original Christmas map boss will now listen to you yelling at him to hurry up (or at least pressing the skip button) and thus his intro cutscene can now be skipped.
    Shock beams now use standard healing logic, which is a really fancy way of saying pets and abilities can now repair them.
    The Shock Beam was also told to stop using its cheat code, and no longer heals itself to full after every attack.

Bugs Added

Genies will once again grant you three wishes, as we have reverted him to his previous state. This may be revisited in the future when/if the bug can be fixed without causing undue burden to our hardcore fans.

Known Issue

Mac / Linux builds of Moonbase and later patches are still in progress. We hope that this will be able to be addressed when CDT update 1 goes live, but there is no guarantee.

YES YES YES ALL OF MY YES

too bad it takes me forever to download betas >_<

although the genie thing might screw up upgrading more than a bit... we'll have to see about that.

Thank you for the HUGE work you are providing, it's really amazing! I just have a question, are you planning to fix the issue with loot on survival? It feels weird that after wave 21-22 loots get bad.

the tav looks great! the damage numbers are smaller so i can see where im aiming! the new jester towers are so sick! easier numbers to read on items that exceed millions! skipping boss cutscenes! fantastic! keep the updates coming!!

Hi, since I'm French, I use google translation to write this post:

And I'd like to know how I can play with my existing backups on the beta? For the beta I have my old backups, and since then I have made great progress ...

It is possible that I can have my current saves? : /

@SerpaCooper quote:

Hi, since I'm French, I use google translation to write this post:

And I'd like to know how I can play with my existing backups on the beta? For the beta I have my old backups, and since then I have made great progress ...

It is possible that I can have my current saves? : /

Do the following:

Return to the regular version of Dungeon defenders ("Opt out of all betas"). Launch the game and go to ranked mode. On the "Select Heroes" (fr: "Sélection de Hero" I think?) screen, click the button in the lower left corner that says "Export to Open" (fr: "Exporter pour ouvrir" I think?)

Once you do this, you should be able to use your current ranked characters on the beta version (in Open mode).

soo... let see here...

new map

the new map is kinda.... lame...

there is alot of "useless space". when i started to build the map for the first time i ran around the place expecting chest be be scattered around the map. but a large portion of the map is kinda dead space that you never have to go to. also the pathing seems kinda lame as well. as it works out now there are plenty of paths that you do not really have to worry about at all. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535796125

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/385414506609701605/AD5CA44620B2AD7475075EAC25556EB2D193988C/

nothing but trash mobs come down the left side

and inside at the building crystal nothing comes through any of the 3 side long entrances so you can just build outside of the front and back doors.

the dock crystal can be covered with an agro build

so really there are only 3 main chokes you have to worry about

the campaign seems to be on a level of difficulty similar to kg. the ogres have a lower than expected hp pool, and there are not alot of ogres. the goblin copters enter the map at spots that are pretty easy to deal with so they are not a big threat. 

so far i have mainly just tested out the gun. the gun as an ult gets the same dmg per up as a pawn and seems to have the exact same scaling as well. the harpoon gun is limited to 4 sps where a pawn is 8 sps. this being said, the harp gun seems to shoot twice as fast which in turn increases the autoattacking damage by a factor of 2. it can also spawn with way higher stats than the pawn shot can as well. seems like a huge step up to me but....

also... random invisible wall here

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535796087

very minor thing of course but you know...

as for surv drops... they seem to be very good. I like seeing surv as a more viable option to lab assault. so this im happy about

jester towers

I think its kinda dumb but i know i cant win every fight so if this is the one i loose then so be it...

improvements

for the most part they look pretty good. i am a little disappointed in the lack of some things i hoped would be there. for starters, the moving when building thing that was introduced with moonbase. i hate this feature so much and i do not believe i am alone here. i really dont seem to even remember people asking for it in the first place but whatever at this point just let me disable it. the other thing i really wanted to see was some pathing fixes on alot of maps. there are alot of stuck copters and the such that are just annoying to have to deal with.  

Genie

just leave it as it is.... i like this game the way it is, please dont try changing the core mechanics of the game just add to the content 

Tavern

I like that we are getting new tavern designs but its a little bright in there atm 

just leave it as it is.... i like this game the way it is, please dont try changing the core mechanics of the game just add to the content

I won't go into it here because it's not the place for it, but the genie thing is a bug, not a core mechanic. I'ts just a bug that people are used to because it was left in the game for so long.

(If you want to talk about this further, please post over here: https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/126501/cdt-update-1-genie-fix-discussion )

I sworn to not make these type of posts anymore, as this stupidly retarded forum engine likes to randomly delete my entire posts that take quite some time to put together, so I'll try to make it quick. So where do I start first....

• Weapons

I did not bother with trying below ult weps, so my thoughts on these 2 new weapons: 

The sword stands behind dps-wise compared to Glad, E-swords, probably on par with Dynasts, with slow swing rate (seemingly the same as Steam Saw), I don't think people will use it that much, maybe for the weapon look, as it's well done.
314,X dmg/^
MC7IPjR.jpg

..however the gun, that's the thing worth while doing this map. It pierces enemies - yay for another pierce weapon!, does surprisingly a lot of damage for a weapon with capped fire rate at 4, actually very close to a Pawn Shot, where I smell some shenanigans being put into some hidden multiplier. I'm happy with this gun as it is.
448 dmg/^
yKOSlwq.jpg

Map
Overall, this map seems to be too easy, campaign for sure, the Invasion gets tense eventually, so exclude that. With lacking a boss, and with basically 2 or 3 points on the map to focus defences, I see this as a King's Game 2.0. Also the ogre hp scaling seems to be too low to me. The invasion is great, I always wanted survival being like that, challenging, unforgiving unless you stick with a builder and making you cautious about what's where happening. I did not manage to get to the end of the invasion or survival, as I got dc'd multiple times, so for those rewards someone else has to cover that.

Jester towers
I like this change, making Jesters finally a viable builder. Few thoughts though:

Jack-in-box - in the end game, its range seems stupidly big, as its effect are way beyong the boxing-glove reach. And while having the great knockback effect, it does not affect ogres, which I can't imagine using widely in most of the NM builds as nearly no trash mobs are not able to get close to your defences, where this tower would be useful. And overall its dps is way below harpoons, which I'd still use instead of this present.
xSzzoGT.jpg
Party Pooper - very interestingly designed tower. From my seeings, it can actually compete with harpoons, as long as the RNGesus summons the right projectiles. However I'd still rather use harpoons for being more consistent.
MxIaLdr.jpg

Genie
Now I know this is not the place to cover this, but I'll still say my 2 cents. I don't mind this being changed to the state is it was intended, it just makes lupines not effective anymore, making space (for the majority) for an extra dps weapon on Jesters. Also I don't find this being that terrible as you're still able to get enough mana to upgrade efficiently. But that's just me, I doubt there are many others with the same opinion, so I doubt the overall favor will go for keeping this change.

Alhanalem Citer:

SerpaCooper Citation:

Salut, puisque je suis français, je l'UTILISER Google Traduction d'Initiatives d'Écrire CE Publier:

Et Je Voudrais savoir Comment je Peux jouer avec mes sauvegardes de varier sur la Beta? Pour la beta version sauvegardes de mes JE DOI Anciennes, et DEPUIS, je l'ai fait de Grands Progrès ...

Il Est possible que je te te Peux Avoir mon actuelle sauve ?: /

Procédez Comme costume:

». Revenir à la version Régulière de Défenseurs Dungeon (« opt-out de Tous les bêtas). Lancez le jeu et passer en Mode de classement Sur le "Sélectionner Heroes" (fr: "Sélection de Hero" je pense?) Écran, cliquez sur Le Bouton Dans Le Coin Inférieur Gauche Qui dit "Exportateur versez Ouvrir» (fr: "Exportateur versez Ouvrir" je pense?) Une Fois Que vous Faites Cela, vous devriez Être en mesure d'UTILISER Vos personnages classement Actuelles sur la Beta Version (en Mode Ouvert).

I tried but it does not. :(

EDIT: Every time I join a party, I have a screen and I poeux do anything. :(

Thanks for the new update! It's nice to keep things fresh in a beloved game like this!

+Buccanners' Bay is a great map! I am so curious about the new pets.

+And jester's new towers are fun! Party Popper for the heroes ,Party Pooper for the goblins :P

-/+Moonbase theme is nice overall but you could use 1 blue info board or 2 like in the moonbase map.

Suggestions:

1)In the Buccaneers Bay map you can replace some of the chests with pettable parrots.

2)It would be nice if some of the upcoming maps had the same difficulty as the original campaign maps or the Lost Eternia Shards maps! Moonbase and Buccaneers Bay are bringing a nice challenge to the high lvl players but some upcoming maps need to be more accesible to lower lvls (eg. for 50-70 lvls)

3)Halloween Spooktacular 3

4)Some new skins for the Jester and the Summoner would be a welcome addition as they only have 2 skins each!

suggestions:

1.) Keep being you and keep the dungeon defenders 1 community happy! You guys are seriously awesome for taking the job of continuous updates! I can wait an infinite amount of time as long as the wait is worth it. Good luck in future updates and don't be too overzealous and mess up in the process! 

@KK(>^.^)> SJ quote:

suggestions:

1.) Keep being you and keep the dungeon defenders 1 community happy! You guys are seriously awesome for taking the job of continuous updates! I can wait an infinite amount of time as long as the wait is worth it. Good luck in future updates and don't be too overzealous and mess up in the process! 

You made the best suggestion so far! :)

And the beta will last how long? For I am really looking forward it so! ^^

And if I wondered why on Bay Buccaneers has no enemies in the cave at the top left of the map?

And do not forget to answer my last message please. : ')

@Sir NoVa quote:does surprisingly a lot of damage for a weapon with capped fire rate at 4, actually very close to a Pawn Shot, where I smell some shenanigans being put into some hidden multiplier.

The shenanigans being on the side of the pawn shot here, Moby's Mobile Launcher tells it like it is. What's happening is that the "shots per second" stat is actually just a multiplier on the base attack rate. If that base rate isn't 1 per second, what you read isn't what you get out the front end.

I can easily change the display to show the actual attack rate so you can compare guns/pets easier, but it has been that way forever...

@CrzyRndm quote:I can easily change the display to show the actual attack rate so you can compare guns/pets easier, but it has been that way forever...

This is a change that would likely be very welcomed, as it would clear up a lot of confusion. pawn shot and Ecannon have the same attack rate, yet ecannon has a higher fire rate... Sometimes this can be very confusing to newer players, and if that could be changed it would probably help readability a lot.

I would like to say thank you to you guys for taking this on. I love Dungeon Defenders, have spent so much of my time and my money on it and I love that a dedicated section of the fans have taken to trying to help improve on it. I personally think that with everything you've changed seems like you all have put a lot of time and effort into thinking about how you can make the game better, and personally I wouldn't have you take back anything you've done in it. There certainly have been some good suggestions coming from other posters that it seems you guys are taking into consideration. All-in-all, I just want to say thanks, and keep doing what you guys enjoy with this. I think it can only make things better for the game as a whole to have people who are truly dedicated to it trying to improve it.