Sign in to follow this  
pmasher

Known Issue: Monthly Mission Bug & Reward Incoming [10/15/15]

I just hope we'll be able to beat it within the last three days. I was hoping to finish it very soon and get my much needed tokens.

This bug is hilarious. I've spent prob 40 hours total to finish it while lvling other toons. Thank you for publicly telling us there is an issue and then addressing it quickly. In the past 2 weeks you have been very fair with bug fixes/ gold refunds. All games have bugs if you continue to address them like this i don't think people will mind an issue here or there.

Good job, keep the new stuff flowing.

I was 75% done with this monthly, I'm trying to not be really upset that it got reset, but i am.

If your going to nerf the requirements for this, the skeletons is the least fun and most grindy aspect of the mess.

I have  monthly progression (11/75 skeleton, 75/75 legendaries and 25/25 insursions) i hardly farm this goals because want bear pet and tokens and now i can't continue goals so 27 october i have too Bearkira code and what about tokens?

[[93975,users]]  Please read all of this

"Right now there is a bug that will reset your monthly mission quest upon random loading of a Social Tavern. We're actively working on fixing this bug, but it's a nasty one that's persisted for a while now. Before today's patch this bug was extremely rare, but something about today's patch has increased the bug's velocity significantly. Luckily, with the influx of reports coming in, we'll probably be able to fix it once and for all soon (TM)."

This means they are fixing the bug.

"Once we fix the bug, we'll be significantly lowering the requirements of the monthly mission, so you'll have an additional opportunity to gain the pet and the token rewards before the end of the month. "

This means after the bug is fixed you can work on the monthly. The 75 skellys, 75 Legendarys and 25 incurs will no longer be required. The new numbers, my guess wil be 10 10 10. a very easy farm.

Good Luck happy hunting

I only had to get SIX more skeleton special to complete it. 35/35/10 is not significant enough, I would rather kill myself than spend more time in incursion.

FML

@pmasher quote:

Greetings Defenders,

Right now there is a bug that will reset your monthly mission quest upon random loading of a Social Tavern. We're actively working on fixing this bug, but it's a nasty one that's persisted for a while now. Before today's patch this bug was extremely rare, but something about today's patch has increased the bug's velocity significantly. Luckily, with the influx of reports coming in, we'll probably be able to fix it once and for all soon (TM).

In the meantime, everyone who has unlocked the October Monthly Mission before October 27th 12:00 AM EDT will receive the monthly pet, Bearkira, in their mailbox with the release of Ascension: Part II. We will also be significantly lowering the requirements of the monthly mission once we fix the bug, so you have an additional opportunity to gain the pet and the token rewards before the end of the month.

TL;DR:

• Everyone who unlocks the October Monthly Mission before October 27th 12:00 AM EDT will receive the monthly pet, Bearkira, in their mailbox with the release of Ascension: Part II.
  • Once we fix the bug, we'll be significantly lowering the requirements of the monthly mission, so you'll have an additional opportunity to gain the pet and the token rewards before the end of the month. 

@pmasher quote:

Greetings Defenders,

Right now there is a bug that will reset your monthly mission quest upon random loading of a Social Tavern. We're actively working on fixing this bug, but it's a nasty one that's persisted for a while now. Before today's patch this bug was extremely rare, but something about today's patch has increased the bug's velocity significantly. Luckily, with the influx of reports coming in, we'll probably be able to fix it once and for all soon (TM).

In the meantime, everyone who has unlocked the October Monthly Mission before October 27th 12:00 AM EDT will receive the monthly pet, Bearkira, in their mailbox with the release of Ascension: Part II. We will also be significantly lowering the requirements of the monthly mission once we fix the bug, so you have an additional opportunity to gain the pet and the token rewards before the end of the month.

TL;DR:

• Everyone who unlocks the October Monthly Mission before October 27th 12:00 AM EDT will receive the monthly pet, Bearkira, in their mailbox with the release of Ascension: Part II.
  • Once we fix the bug, we'll be significantly lowering the requirements of the monthly mission, so you'll have an additional opportunity to gain the pet and the token rewards before the end of the month. 

I was about halfway on all the quets and if the lowered quest mission would have happend earlier i would have had the pet :/ is there anyway i could get a small boost? I don't have alot of time to finish the qest so i was hoping to get it done earlier but the reset screwed me over.

That's stupid,... i finished all incursion, all legendary and need 30 skeletons.

Now I start again .... ok - only the half.

But we have only the half from the month.... so it is a bad solution (for me) and punish the gamer, who invest time in this quest and don't finished it until the bug. :(

Edit:

Now: 35 Skeletons, 35 Legendary, 10 Incursion in only 11 days (27.Oct.)

So as someone who was close to finishing, you're actually punishing me for something out of my control?   Instead of having to kill 9 skeletons, I have to kill 35, I have to do 10 more incursions... So pretty much for people in the same boat as me I would have completed this months quest 1 and a half times to get my tokens.

@pmasher quote:

Greetings Defenders,

TL;DR:

Today it was the turn of my daily mission disappear

Damn what a nice punishment: a bear for free and a chance for a 2nd or a 3rd bear.

Punish me too, Trendy-senpai!

It is not a punishment: it is an accident in development. Deal with it. You are getting another bear as a compensation, because, admit it: main accent of monthly missions is the pet. On top of it all, you get another go at the monthly mission-worth of tokens, gold and experience for half the effort. If you were to complete it before the bug bit you, you'd be at double rewards for monthly mission plus an extra, third, bearkira.

Sorry if it seems ignorant, but.. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PUNISHMENT? The one that TAKES AWAY from you without giving something in return.

@Seph quote:

Damn what a nice punishment: a bear for free and a chance for a 2nd or a 3rd bear.

Punish me too, Trendy-senpai!

It is not a punishment: it is an accident in development. Deal with it. You are getting another bear as a compensation, because, admit it: main accent of monthly missions is the pet. On top of it all, you get another go at the monthly mission-worth of tokens, gold and experience for half the effort. If you were to complete it before the bug bit you, you'd be at double rewards for monthly mission plus an extra, third, bearkira.

Sorry if it seems ignorant, but.. WHERE IS THE ACTUAL PUNISHMENT? The one that TAKES AWAY from you without giving something in return.

I don't care about the pet, I have plenty of pets.  Wyvren tokens are holding me back.  I was 66/75 skeletons 75/75 legendarys and 20/20 incursions.  It wasn't completed, so all that time doing the monthly was wasted and now I have to spend even more time just to finish it ONCE to get my tokens.

I understand it is a game in ALPHA, however they should of just auto completed the quest for everyone and bit the bullet this month.

Please don't tell me that I need to farm all the crap again. Please don't
The problem is, that farming the monthly quest is boring and tedious. Playing the same map and game type again and again and again.. I don't like it. I'm just doing it for the reward...
Last months pet was even worse. Playing alone to farm ogres because only one person can get the kill? Seriously,..
It seems I have to pass on this months reward. I probably should stay away from DD2 until it's released as 1.0.

[[45017,users]]

I'm on the same boat - have full bag of pets, the only profit of monthly is tokens and gold. On the other hand, i want to 'collect them all', so i am partly doing monthly mission for a pet.

Well, too bad you did not complete that mission in time. Too bad. You could have earned double the rewards for a 1.5 times effort needed. Where's the punishment? You got the chance to double your profit of monthly mission. Missed it. I missed it too and it's entirely on me that i invested all that time. Sure, TE's fault for the coding mistakes and all that, but it's my bad that i was too slow to complete the mission. Some people did the mission, got rewards and now they can do it again. Cheers for them. Honestly, good for them. I'm not even mad.

Life taught me to reflect upon myself first before blaming someone for their actions. So, the first thing i realized here is that i should have rushed the monthly mission while it was working fine. Now i would have gained 80 tokens for one monthly mission and a half. Where's the punishment in such a chance ?

Do you play the game only for monthly mission?

Or do you play the game for it's overall setting?

I play because i enjoy. I do missions while i am at it, to add a little objective for myself. There will be many more months to come, you know. And many more tokens to have. In the end of the day, you, as well as i and many others, will have abundance of tokens and abundance of gold, full bag of different pets, half of them being Elders. 

Relax, man. Enjoy the beautiful view the game has to offer (enlarge the image to full screen for the best experience. The view is amazing):

xNoZ7l5.jpg

I see what you're saying, however It's a monthly mission you have all month to complete it.  Saying that it's your fault for not completing it fast enough is wrong.  They even said you're not meant to rush through it and that its suppose to be a progressive mission as you play throughout the month.  

I'm over it.. It happened nothing I can do about it I needed to vent my frustration.  I do enjoy the game but it gets stale pretty quick when you have to play game modes that don't give you upgrades.  

I agree with you on this. While it's partly your fault for not being in time for the train, it's on Trendy for creating this unpleasant situation.. It's a bummer. Welp. At least i get my bear, yay.

Pretty sure you can't get double the tokens. If you finished the monthly mission before they reset the targeted amounts, I don't think you get another crack at it. You get double the pet ... not double the other rewards.

My monthly did not reset on me. I had not fully completed it before the fix, but I had already achieved greater than the reduced targets. Here is a screenshot of what I see every time I now enter the game. So I got the tokens and the pet already ... and I will get a second pet when Ascension 2 drops at the end of the month.

AA21D2D29E7027F3C8B1312A5AAA3410A7C970A4

But seriously, I had completed way more then the reduced number of events and yet i got nothing? I dont care about the pet I want the wyvern tokens. Are they going to fix accounts with this issue? I have yet to see this question answered.