Sign in to follow this  
SwiftStylus

Rotting eggs are gross...

So I was looking around the forums and it seems a lot of people are really unhappy with the way shellium shards are acquired currently. This got me thinking on the topic of eggs and the whole rot system. Who in their right mind would want to have rotten eggs in their backpack? Along with that this game seems to be really happy and playful, while the rotting eggs system seems down and kinda sick to be honest.

Then I went and had a shower and thought up this:

Instead of rotten eggs, lets have a system where you trade your unwanted eggs to the hatchery/petrinarian. They give us a sweet little story about how there are people out there that want pets, but getting the eggs is dangerous due to the war going on currently. Then they have an idea about how we could alleviate their troubles. All we have to do is donate our extra/unwanted eggs, and in return we get the egg shells back, aka shellium shards. Of course getting the shards takes time since they need to be extra careful when hatching the egg so as to not damage the shell, thus the timer on the current shellium shard system can still be of use. We just need to have the timer at the petrinarian or hatchery rather than on a rotten egg in our backpack. This way some kid in the kingdom gets his pet purlin, and  you get the shards needed to turn yours into a magicat.

Trading eggs to the hatchery to have them turned into shellium shards also comes with the added benefit of being able to, instead of hatching right away, hold on to my eggs in case a new premium pet or something is added later in which I wish to spend some time getting that out of the egg without having to farm for the type of egg needed. So I could keep a stockpile of eggs, without the worry of rot time.

This idea sounds much softer with the happy theme (despite it being rolled out as a war) of the game, will allow you to revisit the timer complaints, and also doesn't have us lug around rotting things in our backpack, because that is bound to start stinking at some point right?

I agree that it is a bit morbid to only have the shards available through letting possible good pets dying in order to let 1 single pet evolve and actually getting something for selling them is also a big plus.