PS4 Hotfix 1 (Currently Live)

Hey Defender's,

Human Head is in the studio this week and we're all working together to try to speed up our content update pipeline.  In the mean time, however, we're finalizing our first hotfix patch to help squash some of the bugs you all are currently posting to the forums.  Currently, we're targeting to get this patch out before the end of the month, but are still resolving a few technical issues that make pegging an exact date difficult.

Main area's we're targeting for improvement:
- Dedicated server stability and performance.
- Collector's Edition title and costume embellishment purchasing
- In-game item inspection control info
- Crashes
- Split-screen black screening

Final patch notes will be posted when the patch passes cert.

We're also getting a great opportunity to have some conversations about how to best address the following issues in the future:
- X-button conflicts
- Item management and comparison
- Bringing seasonal events to PS4

EDIT:  Final Patch Notes listed below

• Background music and new art assets for the content information screen.

• Can activate tower interactions while holding R1.

• Inventory now properly displays previews while scrolling over filters.

• Unlocked costume embellishments should now be properly purchasable.

• Collector's Edition titles now able to be redeemed and used. (let me know if you didn't get another one when you should have)

• In-game item inspection pop-up controls are now more visible.

• No more black screen when player 2 logs out of PSN while in the process of loading into the game.

• Fewer crashes (we hope)

• Added four new spooky costumes to the Costume Shop

Warning:  This patch will seem very large for how few changes are in it.  We are actively investigating ways to reduce patch sizes and keep download times to a minimum.  We appreciate your ongoing patience with us as we iron out some technical issues.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the effort you are putting in Tim with staying in touch with the community. Speedy content update is sort of necessary atm, just because it involves a wipe and the sooner that happens the sooner people can chill abit. So here's hoping for something more than wipeageddon, otherwise the increase between the PC and PS4 versions will just grow and grow. So I'm hoping you guys are doing bundle updates, not just sequential updates.

Cheers for focusing on the x button conflict as well.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Thanks for the effort you are putting in Tim with staying in touch with the community. Speedy content update is sort of necessary atm, just because it involves a wipe and the sooner that happens the sooner people can chill abit. So here's hoping for something more than wipeageddon, otherwise the increase between the PC and PS4 versions will just grow and grow. So I'm hoping you guys are doing bundle updates, not just sequential updates.

Cheers for focusing on the x button conflict as well.

Yeah i agree with the vundle updates. People will get very salty when they gotten 1/4 of all the updates that pc got. Also hoping you put in events before halloween is over

[[118592,users]] No this is not the wipe that will be happening during content update 1.

On the topic of the # and frequency of hotfixes compared to PC.  Being behind a few content updates actually gives us a slight advantage in that when we start into a former PC update we get to pull in all the hotfixes associated with it as well.   So when you see the wipeaggedon patch it won't be the wipeaggedon that launched and required a whole pile of hotfixes, it will be the wipeaggedon that existed right before Alpha & Beyond.  What this means is that PS4 hotfixes will generally be targeting PS4 specific issues rather than general DD2 issues that have been resolved in a (to us) future PC patch.

As to seasonal events... it may take us a few months to get to a point where we can launch events at the same time the PC does, but it is definitely something we're talking about... in fact...

[[77554,users]] When the wipeaggedon occurs, how will that affect our currency? So, I bought the Defender's Pack for ps4. Will I get those currencies back or are they just gone forever and thanks for playing? 

Thanks!

Thanks for keeping us informed Tim. I appreciate the hotfix, it will get the game more stabilized. I'm really waiting for wipeaggedon to come. Many players I know won't even play dungeon defenders anymore until the wipe passes.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Sammy gamer No this is not the wipe that will be happening during content update 1.

On the topic of the # and frequency of hotfixes compared to PC.  Being behind a few content updates actually gives us a slight advantage in that when we start into a former PC update we get to pull in all the hotfixes associated with it as well.   So when you see the wipeaggedon patch it won't be the wipeaggedon that launched and required a whole pile of hotfixes, it will be the wipeaggedon that existed right before Alpha & Beyond.  What this means is that PS4 hotfixes will generally be targeting PS4 specific issues rather than general DD2 issues that have been resolved in a (to us) future PC patch.

As to seasonal events... it may take us a few months to get to a point where we can launch events at the same time the PC does, but it is definitely something we're talking about... in fact...

Thanks for info... can't wait for the hotfix :D

[[15591,users]] That person was referring to the hotfix AND wipeageddon.  They are two separate things.

@Pashta quote:

FapyN That person was referring to the hotfix AND wipeageddon.  They are two separate things.

I also thought its coming at the same time. So when is wipeageddon?

@Croutard quote:

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

CelticRenegade All your gems should be refunded as part of the wipe.

Hey Timmy, will PS4 get onslaught mode? :)

Considering everything they said so far, the PS4 version of the game will get everything the PC version has to offer.

We're just getting everything a little bit later but get all hotfixes together with the big content patches.

I've been of fan of DD since the first and I can't wait to see this on the PS4 since I got a mac now as my main system it sucks that there's not a mac version, but hopefully with the tweaks to the PS4 version I'll get all the updates that the PC gets on the PS4 too!

@Auraka quote:

@Croutard quote:

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

CelticRenegade All your gems should be refunded as part of the wipe.

Hey Timmy, will PS4 get onslaught mode? :)

Considering everything they said so far, the PS4 version of the game will get everything the PC version has to offer.

We're just getting everything a little bit later but get all hotfixes together with the big content patches.

Awesome, I have both versions of the game so I'll just play the PC version until PS4 is a little more caught up.. Only thing I like better about the PS4 version is the auto-sell of temporary items :P

@FapyN quote:

@Pashta quote:

FapyN That person was referring to the hotfix AND wipeageddon.  They are two separate things.

I also thought its coming at the same time. So when is wipeageddon?

They didn't say when, but from what I've heard others say, probably November.

I'm a huge collector of pets and I'm looking forward to being able to collect them all. I hope their will be a separate inventory so we can farm them more, I know eggs will hatch at 3hr time frames soon also, but I hope you all may bring about pets PC players have had like madwick and bearkira (fave). 

I play FFXIV and I have 100 minions. They don't affect inventory. Please tell me there will be something like this or please patch in something like it. 

Hey Defender's,

The first hotfix is almost ready to go. We need to get fixes in for split-screen and invites and make sure those are stable and then we'll release it.  Right now I would expect something early to late next week : )

Also, while Linux servers didn't make it into this patch, we do have them up and running now and will be putting them through their paces with the PS4 to make sure everything is running well and performing as we expect.   Once we're feeling confident, we'll release them to the world.  What this means for you is that you will soon have a lot more stable and more consistent experience connecting to and playing on DD2 dedicated servers.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defender's,

The first hotfix is almost ready to go. We need to get fixes in for split-screen and invites and make sure those are stable and then we'll release it.  Right now I would expect something early to late next week : )

Also, while Linux servers didn't make it into this patch, we do have them up and running now and will be putting them through their paces with the PS4 to make sure everything is running well and performing as we expect.   Once we're feeling confident, we'll release them to the world.  What this means for you is that you will soon have a lot more stable and more consistent experience connecting to and playing on DD2 dedicated servers.

Shweeeettt :D

Already can't wait for the content updates xD Onslaught Mode!!!!! >:D