Sign in to follow this  
tonyb

Mo Money Mo Problems!!!!

So recently we got this huge refund for spheres purchased.  I had bought most of them so I got a pretty big windfall.

This was great and I appreciate it.   It was unexpected.

So I decided to go ahead and take my millions of gold and upgrade all my gear and pets.  Not to max of course, but I spent over 1.5 million gold upgrading.

Not a few days later they lowered the price of upgrades by a ton!!!  Argh!!! And Pet levels are now cheap...

Anyway, since people whining about sphere refund got their way (thanks people whining) I figured I would come on the forums and ask nicely for my gold back :).

Unfortunately I cannot conjure the will to whine about it... I like this game too much and realize it is only Alpha...  but this is over a million gold essentially wasted.  It would have been nice to let me know prices were about to drop when you gave me all this shiny!   So I am going to ask Pretty please can I have my gold back. :)

@tonyb quote:

Lol, Can't blame a guy for trying. Emoji_Drakkin.png

Normally I would say, meh.  But the turnaround between the refund and decrease in prices is poor form.

Did Trendy know the prices were going to be reduced when they gave the refund...???

@KamelJabber quote:

@tonyb quote:

Lol, Can't blame a guy for trying. Emoji_Drakkin.png

Normally I would say, meh.  But the turnaround between the refund and decrease in prices is poor form.

Did Trendy know the prices were going to be reduced when they gave the refund...???

We had a sticky post on the forums detailing the upcoming changes around the middle of last week, and we mentioned them in our Devstream on Friday. We spread the word the moment we made a decision internally.

Lol, perhaps you shouldn't have blew away over a million gold and been a little bit more wise with your cash.

Sucks, but I really hope that trendy says no to this sort of thing (not to try to be a ***, I mean :p) but if this happens, then that person over there will want a refund because "reasons" and it just escalates. 

Never blow through huge chunks of gold quicker than you can recuperate the costs :p

We are getting a little too far here mate.

The refund was not whining, was legitimate because that was gold you earned grinding a lot.

You spent your money, what you want now LOL? 

@tonyb quote:

Not a few days later they lowered the price of upgrades by a ton!!!  Argh!!! And Pet levels are now cheap as a mother ***er... 

So I must be going insane... I didn't notice any difference.

Example: Pet evolve: Still 10K gold

Pet food: Still 500 gold or 5K for 10x

Big Sphere: Still 125K gold

First time you upgrade gear: Very cheap like 300 or 500 gold, but second time it goes for 5-7K gold

So I ask you folks, could you please tell me what prices you have for this examples I gave? 'Cos I'm almost deleting and reinstalling the game to see if something change.

@KamelJabber quote:

yes, and so did the community, weve known for ages that the cost to upgrade pets and the steep ramp up on item fusing was going to be decreased

i dont believe it was done with any sort of malicious intent (after all, sphere refunds werent even going to be a thing until the community complained) but i agree, the timing couldve done with a bit of a delay

@mmaakk quote:
@tonyb quote:

Not a few days later they lowered the price of upgrades by a ton!!!  Argh!!! And Pet levels are now cheap as a mother ***er... 

First time you upgrade gear: Very cheap like 300 or 500 gold, but second time it goes for 5-7K gold

So I ask you folks, could you please tell me what prices you have for this examples I gave? 'Cos I'm almost deleting and reinstalling the game to see if something change.

Pet food is still 5k but it takes A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT less to level them up.  So, there's that.  The cost to get to 60/60 is REALLY LOW now compared to the millions from pre-patch

@iamisom quote:
We had a sticky post on the forums detailing the upcoming changes around the middle of last week, and we mentioned them in our Devstream on Friday. We spread the word the moment we made a decision internally.

ah, fair enough!

thanks! <3

Lol, perhaps you shouldn't have blew away over a million gold and been a little bit more wise with your cash.

Sucks, but I really hope that trendy says no to this sort of thing (not to try to be a ***, I mean :p) but if this happens, then that person over there will want a refund because "reasons" and it just escalates. 

Never blow through huge chunks of gold quicker than you can recuperate the costs :p

I usually try and keep 100k to 500k + banked.  I got almost 2 million from the people complaining about the spheres.  Honestly I didn't think Trendy should have given the refund but they did. So it was kind of throw-away money.  

We are getting a little too far here mate.

The refund was not whining, was legitimate because that was gold you earned grinding a lot.

You spent your money, what you want now LOL? 

The Sphere wipe we all got refunded for was completely unnecessary since the stats we lost were re-allocated to points which we all get to apply for free.   So they took away spheres....  then gave us points which more than made up for the spheres we lost.     The net was a gain, yet folks complained and trendy gave them gold.  So we got more statistic points, and we got refunded the gold we spent since they were now free.

I spent plenty of money on upgrades... I would guess way more than most folks have on Spheres even before I was given this gold.   So why is your gold spent on upgrades (Spheres) more important than my gold spent on Upgrades (Pets/Gear)?   It's not.  Neither should be refunded.  Neither are legitimate complaints especially considering the state of the game at the moment and hence the term I used was whining. Maybe I should have chosen another word as whining implies a negative and I was just trying to be funny.

Throughout my time spent playing this game (closing in on 600 hours) I have spent plenty of money on upgrades that later got wiped during item wipes, or rollbacks etc.  I never got a refund, nor asked for a refund cause the game is alpha and that is what we signed up for.

It should be obviously from the tone of my original post that I am not entirely serious.  I really don't expect nor care to get the gold back. 

I don't see a reason for gold back. You did upgrade gear and all this gear wasn't wiped by trendy after that.

I don't see a reason for gold back. You did upgrade gear and all this gear wasn't wiped by trendy after that.

I wouldn't give me the gold back if I were the developers... but with the spheres they already gave us stat points worth more than the spheres they took away.   So it is the same situation.  We previously spent money on something which is now cheaper (or in the case of Spheres free).  In both cases we still have the upgrades (or in the case of Spheres... even MORE points).

But I have had plenty of gear I had upgraded wiped. So by this logic I should get refund in gold for all that right :).

squire_small.pngsquire_small.png

For what it's worth, one of the reasons we decided to do the Sphere refund is because it ended up being relatively easy. The data was still saved on the profile and the implementation didn't take that long. When we saw the frustration on the forums and did the quick investigation, it was worth the extra effort with limited risk.

Many of the other requests are significantly more complex, and have a ton of added risk, so we aren't able to divert critical resources to addressing them. We always want to do our best to respond positively when you feel you've lost something, but we have to balance that out with the resource cost when there are special requests that come up from the community.

So for this request...ya, that's a tad much. ;) 

@mmaakk quote:
@tonyb quote:

Shouldn't pet rerolls be cheaper now, too? Hopefully better than the 20k they cost before...

@Lotri quote:

Shouldn't pet rerolls be cheaper now, too? Hopefully better than the 20k they cost before...

They scale slower and start at 1,000 gold. 

So far, the most I have seen is 10,000 gold.

So... the upgrade cost has been lowered by 66%, right. First spin went from 120 gold to 80 gold (120*0.66=79.2), YAY! but this also increases exponentially, they did definately not lower that!

I spent 67k on one spin using the wheel and got 0 stat points, yes the XP was not high enough even for this amount of gold, don't remember which item and which level but guessing 33/42 (legendary medallion ipwr 708)

So as a test I added a 671 ipwr legendary item currently at level 28/40 to the spinning wheel and then checked the progression bar for the following cases

1. Added 5x 650 ipwr items to the empty slots, the bar went to 100% meaning it gives at least one stat point (probably 2-3 more stat points)
  2. Added 5x 150 ipwr sturdy items to the empty slots, the bar only increased about 1cm on my screen (8-10% perhaps)

The price for both cases above: 40 265 gold

Conclusion: If you upgrade, use your highest valuable items and Trendy: please lower the exponential price modifier and or align the gold cost to iPWR of items