What are your first impressions of the game?

The difficulty is a bit of an odd issue for me

I can't tell if it's way too easy on Free Play, or if my old stat distribution and low powered items just affected me that much when it came to Betsy

Either way though, Betsy boss herself is WAAAY too easy, she dies super quick and it ends all the waves. No need for defence. The game ends instantly. I found the waves in campain to be fair though, not too hard or too easy.

Maybe the stats should decrease slower with more points, rather than have a sudden stop. I think the reason I find it easy right now is because I have all the points I could put into health and basically tank everything. Like a walking wall. That tasers enemies.

This is probably more for aesthetic, but the classes having slightly different [4]s would be nice to differentiate them more. Maybe Monk and Squire would heal slightly quicker if they haven't used the ability for a while. The Apprentice and Huntress classes could regen an ample amount of mana alongside health, since they need it more.

Speaking of mana, sometimes you end up joining a game with none. A bit of a nuisance if a majority of members just joined the game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome besides the squire.  His running and overall animations look well like a little child.  He is bouncing up and down constantly, why is he like this while no other character are?

@Enclave quote:

Awesome besides the squire.  His running and overall animations look well like a little child.  He is bouncing up and down constantly, why is he like this while no other character are?

He's the Knuckles of Defenders Boom

He's meant to be a little goofy.

What I'd really like to see is some REAL lore, like IN DEPTH, YO. Maybe Squire ate paint chips as a kids, who knows? We'd know more about him, though. Maybe the Apprentice is only really an Apprentice because he didn't believe in his school's linear system, was too chaotic, and had to leave. And ends up being the best magician ever. BAR NONE.

Well, my friends and me started this game 2 days ago. We got some freetime and searched for a game we can play together and have much fun. 
Then we found DD2 and instantly played 10 hours without any break. Next day it was the same. We just had so much fun! I hope this game will get some future <3 
Good Work, please stay!

@Deaddin quote:

I'm loving the game, but it would be nice if there was some sort of Trap or something else to help new players defeat Betsy on their first run through.

The Betsy level throws far too much new mechanics at new players, with the cursed areas, and then the actual boss fight that doesn't take place in a lane, and how she gets free attacks on the eggs.

The Betsy fight wasn't overly bad.
I enjoyed the fact that I actually lost the first time to Betsy (albeit, with only, like 4K health left), 'cause it left my cousin and I going "The f*** do we kill her!? OH, SNAP I CAN BUILD TOWERS HERE, OMG."
And then my cousin and I did it again and facerolled it, 'cause "Oh, hey...destroy lane...build towers over here.  Watch her die."
I still feel like Normal was a tad bit too easy for the campaign, and that was after playing the last few levels with the more 'normal' normal patch.  And the early freeplay levels on Hard are also abysmally easy.  Loot is dropping 6+ levels ahead of us, yet we are facerolling the keyboard through the levels.

Overall, the game is fun.  I'll probably end up steering clear of Endgame like I did for DD1 just because a loot-grind fest isn't for me.  I enjoy the gameplay itself.
I LOVE the base stats.  Makes it so, as you level, even if you don't invest points, certain aspects of your hero aren't entirely useless early game.
The game definitely needs a bit of a balancing though.  Squire, as per usual, is a better tower builder than Apprentice.  I mean, the apprentice has that one tower that does NO damage, and targets a single enemy...to slow them.... Brilliant!  Not really.
I hope Trendy does fall into the rut it did with DD1, and then again (after announcing they learned their lesson with power creep) with DDE.  The most vocal doesn't always represent the majority, and lets face it...the game needs variety in tower building.  I hear Traptress is the ONLY viable build in late NM in terms of towers.  Obviously, hamfisted, run and gun isn't the route to go, but we need reasons to use the Fireball Tower there, instead of the Ballista.  We need a reason to use the Frost Tower.  Can it not only slow an enemy, but maybe freeze a group of enemies?  Will Frozen enemies have a chance of shattering when hit by a hero?  Will they take more damage?
I haven't even touched the Monk yet.  My cousin tried running monk while I ran the Huntress, and he specced the monk for Tower damage...but my proxy mines were just more effective.  Period.  He switched to a Squire after a few levels. 

This game has GREAT potential, considering that it's only in Alpha.  I hope to see great things from this Trendy!

My biggest issue with the game is the lack of content between levels 34-50. The game felt pretty balanced from 1-30ish and gave at least a relative challenge. The problem is when you hit 30+ everything is super easy. I ended up grinding "hard" throne room from 34-50 just so i could unlock the higher difficulties. this wouldn't be terrible if it wasn't mind numbingly boring. How boring you may ask? I can set up my towers and then alt tab the whole dungeon. I literally don't have to do anything. Way too easy.  Insanity mode isn't unlocked until l level 50 in spite of the fact it drops level 40 gear. 

*As a side note, is it called insane mode because its insanely easy?* 

Once I hit level 50 and unlocked insane I was using the level 37 gear that hard throne room drops and guess what I could still alt tab insane. So the solution I came to was "meh Ill skip insane mode". Guess what? the game suddenly became balanced again. It took playing nightmare 1 with level 37 gear to make the game hard enough to enjoy. That is a serious sign of a lack of content. So what i propose is that insane mode unlock at around level 35. 

I wouldnt care so much if I only had to do the hard throne room grind one time. However, since nightmare EXP is nerfed, every time I want to make a new character I have to subject myself to the garbage hard mode throne room grind.

Loving this game. I'm going to put this out there no matter how much ire it may draw; I never played the first game. There, I said it. Deal with it. This game is awesome as a stand alone experience. But there are a lot of things that I've not seen yet. I'm just under level 10, so I have a lot to explore and do in the game yet. But what I have played so far is an awesome experience. I will jump on the bandwagon of difficulty. This game needs to be harder. A lot harder. Its much too easy at this point. The leveling goes by too quickly too. Cheapens the effects of a level up IMO. Also the interface for inventory and so forth is a step in the right direction, but just needs a lot  of polish. Like the equipped items being at the bottom of the page is bad placement. Also, why cant I right click to equip an item? Seems kinda natural to have that in a inventory system. Also, the tool-tips need better information hierarchy. In its current form, I think a lot of people will grow tired of the UI as its just less than desirable in many places... and that's the sorta thing that will grind on the end game players. With such a great start already for this game, I'm confident that it will do well... what remains to be seen is if the Developers will guide the game and improve it in the right ways to keep players happy and gaining new players in the process. I hope that it does! This game is a lot of fun already.

Hey guys! Like dd1 I love this game but as it's still an alpha there's still a lot to improve. I enjoy the coop, the mix of rpg/tower defense, the art and especially the gameplay. But instead of writing everything down that dd2 already has done right I'll focus on some points to improve.

Character diversity. The major flaw that comes to mind is that there's only 1 class with towers able to do physical damage (+ the huntress uber) and lanes with high physical resistance. Since the 1 class with physical towers also has the best blockades hero deck diversity (for solo players) is pretty limited. Another option to change a monk/apprentice tower to physical damage would be great! Additional classes will certainly fix this in the future but that seems to be so far away. Monk in general seems to be a bit lackluster since the common setup seems to be 2x huntress (phys+magic damage traps/hero dps), 1x squire (walls), 1x apprentice (freeze). Starting at nightmare it basically feels like you need a waller squire as well as a freeze apprentice. This leaves either 1x purely magic damage builder (apprentice (,monk)) with a tower damage squire (for physical damage) or a huntress (both damage types thanks to uber) and 1 char of your choice. Not really much room left for the monk and with his current kit it feels hard to justify him :(

Tower diversity. I really miss the additional tower from dd1. Even more towers would be better ofc as long as it isn't to much. More than 8 would probably be bad but 4 feels like a really low amount. Also there are other issues concerning tower diversity that become clear when looking at barricades. The squire barricades (if specialized into ofc) are obviously way stronger than the apprentice ones but the main problem is that this is always the case. There is not even some special scenario in which the apprentice barricades are better. This is because they are just to similar and the same goes for some other towers. Some more depth to a few of the existing towers would be great.

Campaign. I really enjoyed the graphics, enemies and overall feel of the game, at least in the beginning. This was until I got bored after a couple of maps (normal, before the fix). I played apprentice and only lost 1 tower (first betsy fight) throughout the campaign. It felt easy and therefore somewhat like a grind in the end. Which just got prolonged because the campaign stops to early so that there's quite a long grind further to lvl 50 (with the same maps only). I know it's still an alpha and I therefore hope that some more maps'll find their way into the campaign. Also hoping for more campaign bosses, can't really stay at 1 can it? ;)

Customization. I'm also hoping for another layer of customization, something like hero traits that modify towers or abilities in some way (similar to some ubers spheres). Or simply 2 different upgrade paths for towers which have distinct differences. Simply more spheres and sphere slots might also do the trick. The more diverse this game is the longer we players will spent exploring all of it.

Itemisation/Stats. I like the 3 random passives on items but some of them could feel a little bit more impactful. I'd enjoy tower attack speed, tower range as well as hero speed and ability speed to be stats that can roll on items (and with that maybe an additional base stat on mythical and legendary weapons). Also the soft cap for lvling a characters base stat is really harsh and somewhat cripples diversity and takes away the impact lvl ups should have. Also I really miss item sets from dd1, doesn't have to be the same system but something like set items in general would be great!

Difficulty/Enemies. The real answer to increasing difficulty is making enemies more diverse/distinct from another. Enemies that need special treatment are always the most challenging. Right now I consider only these enemy types: cannonfodder (e.g. goblins), bigger dudes (e.g. orcs), range (e.g. javelin), kobolds, dark mage, wither beast, air, special and Betsy. Differences between specials and some other creatures (the different flyers, orcs and lady orcs,...) are in many occations to small to even notice. More distinct differences in resistances, movement speed or especially special abilities (actives/auras) would be great. One could even go as far as to give towers physical/magical resistance, heroes have it already and different enemy damage types aren't perceived at all on my end.

Item Storage. I bought 2 additional bags and still don't feel happy with my item storage capacity. Some place like a bank inside of the tavern where you can store items in addition to the inventory would be great. Maybe it could start with about 100 slots and the option to buy more for $. Also something like a material bag, where pet reroll items, pet food, pet upgrade materials and chests are stored in 1 large stack, would help a lot!

Onslaught. I really enjoy endless modes in general. Often the best place to experiment and explore the boundries of your setup. I also enjoy the challenge of getting to stronger and stronger waves and improving step by step. Unfortunatly I don't really feel rewarded for reaching higher waves and spending such large amounts of time to even get there. I hope stuff like more xp and items with higher item power at higher waves is on the discussion table. Maybe a savepoint system which allows you to start from wave 5 (with the appropriate amount of building crystals) when you reached wave 10 once (and so on) would be helpful, too. Also it would be nice if in the future some of the difficulty increase on higher waves would shift from simple enemy stat increases to increasingly difficult enemy lineups.

You won't be lauding the leveling progression when you hit 40.  It's not a very smooth experience yet, in terms of leveling.
The first 25ish are pretty decent.  25-40 is alright.  You get to replay the levels with new-ish gimmicks, at a higher difficulty, and find more loot.  But, from 40-50, it's just a grind.  You've done all the levels at least once; there is no loot dropping after level 38, so that comes to a stand-still...and then the game doesn't hold your hand anymore.  They just go "hey, level 50, here's endgame.  We won't explain anything though.  So, go adventure forth with your crappy item stats and die!"

To continue on, now that I have hit end game content, it's kind of a rough blow when you suddenly realize that you need 3 builders to do missions well, without over-gearing (which is hard to do if you don't have the builders).  I really want to delve into harder difficulties, but I'm not sure a loot grind is the way to go.  It's something that transitioned from the first game, and I stopped playing the first game when the updates got carried away on impossible speeds and power thanks to ridiculous loot that was NEEDED to do harder missions. 

I certainly hope this game does not go that direction, otherwise it'll no longer feel like a tower defense game, and turn into a numbers game just like the first one, maths with a semi-aesthetically pleasing overlay.

I loved you Trendy, when DD came out.  You lost my trust when you stopped supporting consoles and laid ruin to the Tower Defense aspect of the PC version.  You semi-regained it with Eternity before you botched the servers up, and damaged the end game balance.  So far, I'm enjoying DD2, but a lot of fun is lost in the grind.  Progression doesn't feel truly rewarding right now, because it's too hard to progress.  My main being a DPS because I duo'd with my cousin, it's hard to find a Quick Match with at least one tower builder.  So, I'm grinding out a tower builder now.  I have my cup half full that nightmare mode will be fun!

"End Game" needs progression like the campaign....it'd only make sense.  Maybe chance for unique item drops, or 'skin' prizes for beating all the levels on a single difficulty...even a title.  "Insanely Dedicated", "Nightmare Squasher", "Laughs at Fear", "The NIGHTMARE".   Those would help guide players with an end game progression system.  "Hey, I'd like that skin, or those gems...HEY LOOT TO DO THE NEXT DIFFICULTY, YAY." 
Oh, and some sort of cutoff needs to be done for the nightmare difficulties.  Tried 3 Nightmare Matches with my DPS huntress today...NM1, mind you..."I don't have level 50 gear.  Can't build towers."  Leechers suck. Which is why I've decided to grind out my Apprentice, then I'll do my Squire. 
Onslaught has the potential to be good.  It's varied....but slow...and lacking.  The loot sucks, the experience sucks, so really...it's just about being fun, which hits a dead-end quickly when you realize you aren't progression at all towards the harder difficulties.  It needs 'mini-incursion' like things.  Malthius shows up in a lane randomly, and lays down his healing circles.  Suddenly, we need to move our defenses, 'cause the DPS doesn't keep up with the healing. 

I understand the game is in Alpha, and that Alpha is more dedicated to code-tuning than gameplay tuning....need stable code to add new things and to fine-tune gameplay! 
But, these ARE my first thoughts.
I'll probably play a lot more, still.  I'll still admit this is the best game I've never paid for, and I hope for nothing but GOOD PROGRESSION!!  DON'T FALL TO THE POWER CREEP.  BALANCE is key.  The hardest difficulty should NEVER be given a handout to make it easier.  It should be given tweaks to make it playable! 
Oh, yeah, experience needs to be better for people with 50s already...currently the only way to level in a timely manner is Free-Play Hard...which gets EXTREMELY boring after you have a tower builder at 40...
It's a sad AFK grind once you hit 50 with a toon and do Nightmare.

@Mildoze quote:

Loving this game. I'm going to put this out there no matter how much ire it may draw; I never played the first game. There, I said it. Deal with it. This game is awesome as a stand alone experience. But there are a lot of things that I've not seen yet. I'm just under level 10, so I have a lot to explore and do in the game yet. But what I have played so far is an awesome experience. I will jump on the bandwagon of difficulty. This game needs to be harder. A lot harder. Its much too easy at this point. The leveling goes by too quickly too. Cheapens the effects of a level up IMO. Also the interface for inventory and so forth is a step in the right direction, but just needs a lot  of polish. Like the equipped items being at the bottom of the page is bad placement. Also, why cant I right click to equip an item? Seems kinda natural to have that in a inventory system. Also, the tool-tips need better information hierarchy. In its current form, I think a lot of people will grow tired of the UI as its just less than desirable in many places... and that's the sorta thing that will grind on the end game players. With such a great start already for this game, I'm confident that it will do well... what remains to be seen is if the Developers will guide the game and improve it in the right ways to keep players happy and gaining new players in the process. I hope that it does! This game is a lot of fun already.

Pros

-fun as hell

-competent matchmaking, from what i can tell so far

Cons

-too much loot (most of its garbage)

-poorly optimized (framerate drops frequently)

-the hit boxes of characters and environments are extremely blocky, making it difficult to maneuver through the map at times, i keep bumping around on the environment and getting stuck when im trying to jump to different areas

Hello, there is my feedback for playing this game. When i write this feedback i have 35 Huntress, 16 Squire, and my friend has 17 wizard. I know it is alfa, but hope there is lot of room for changes.

1) I love action towerdefence like DD(Dungeon Defenders) and OMD(Orcs Must Die), good solo play, best with friend
2) I realy like tavern, all how its done. My friend comply about some dialogues that can not be skiped, like random dialogs in right corner.  
3a) Terrieble thing here are items. Tons and tons of usless items. You have so big inventar just to be able to carry all items from SINGLE map. This have to stop. Reduct the drop max to 2 full inventar per map. I whant to play, shoot ugly orcs, build towers, but not look 5min to inventar and compare looted items. I whant to be exited like ,,och new item, i hope it will be cool,, but now its like ,,another legendary item, och ok, 5 of them drop me in 10min.,,. Also ammount of item tears are unreasonably high. Nobody wear common, uncomon or green item, unsles you are lvl 1-10. Remove drop of low quality drop from certan lvl.
3b) In tavern is Blacksmith and Treasure hunter - i never use them, i have full bags of item, why should i buy somethink from them?
3c) Enchantress - i could scrap some of trash in my inventar, ok i have planty of it, but for what? Improve my item for 5%? bring something more cool. Like reforge of items stats, or copying items ability from one item to another, reroll of items stats and/or abilitis.
4) Crit - I dont know how good crit is. I would realy appreceate if there was some kind of dps calculator. When is better to have hero power, elemental dmg or crit(crit dmg or crit chance)
5) Mele vs range - i feel that there is big difference, with ranged hero i have realy bigger control over battlefield. Maby increase basic speed and add duble jump for mele classis which need run around battlefield much more offten than ranged.
6) I realy love Huntress, small cute girl in green with explosives. (almoust like Tiny Tina from Bordelans :) Explosive mines: good like it, Baloon: cool, i like the basic idea, but it could be more different from mines. Geyser: is somethink terrible, single lift-off and some dmg? Pls change this to oil geyser with slow and flame potential to have nice combo with baloon. Dart Tower - nice idea but sucks, all towers can rotate, but not this one. Its good only in small short road. (i would like to see dart minigun - fast fire rate, small single dmg) Last thing: she dont have any kind of wall/barrier. If i play solo i have to swich to squire build bariers and switch back. This is not wery funny. Add somethink, or add 1 slot for tower from different character.
7) Squire - interesting all good towers. Skin is terrible, i hate to play as cloun. Pls add full metal skin or female version. Some one don't care how his character looks, but i care and i hope i am not only one. (update for new patch - finaly we have at least skeleton)
8) Add somethink i can spend gold for. Now i am saving for spheres, but after that. I realy dont know what to do with gold. For example enchantress could be paid with gold insted of items.
9) Distribute resources to players. Remove shared stuff. When i play with my friend its ok, but when i play public - i join to game 0 resources no treasure gems for me, everything have first player. He build all his towers, there is no room for my towers. I play ranged so mele take all green stuf from fight. Its just not fun - go try public game and tell me.
10) Difference between solo and multi game is terrible. For exaple in multi game you have 4 action in combat(repair,build, upgrade) in solo you have 1. In multiYou have 4 weapons, but same ammount of towers vs single 1 weapon s
11) I didnt get to end game - i hope there is somethink interesting to play, pls don't disappoint me. Diablo 3 is good example nice end game - ledder(some kind of competition-never be pay to win pls), seasons, hard to get items, paragon.

Thx for reading whole post, if you like it upvote it/comment.

I would like to say so far I am enjoying the game (on PS4), but I would also like to say I am also disappointed that many things are not present in the game that are essentially a staple to DD1.

1: I do not like that I can not change the color of armor or that armor does not change the appearance of my character at all. Costumes are a nice way to try to cover up the issue and please the minority but having played DD1 I entirely expected this to carry over.

2: No tavern that shows your accomplishments, ie trophies obtained around the room. Yes I can make a private tavern but this is not the same. Having trophies appear around the room in your own tavern that you own and could decorate shows progression and accomplishment towards specific trophy based goals that gives players something to aim for. I also really enjoyed customizing the crystal in DD1, I could entirely see customizing my own war table in DD2.

3: I am glad console does not have trading. I truly hope trading never gets added.

4: When looking at maps it does not say the suggested item power levels. I hope this gets added as this is present in PC as far as I know.

5: The Betsy boss fight gets bugged a lot especially when Betsy flaps her wings to makes mobs faster. Often I will go to a spawn point and see enemies not leaving the spawn point and not getting close enough to be able to melee them. Not even provoking them on squire works. When you provoke them they will turn around and attack you if you are in range, but turn back around once you leave melee range. Sometimes this will result in large packs of monsters building up in a spawn point but never leaving it. I have seen this on some other maps as well where a "mini boss / boss" spawns in on the last wave but also does not leave the spawn. Without a ranged character it makes completing the mission impossible as they don't die from standing in an idle position for an extended period of time.

6: Players are able to join maps that they are not appropriately equipped for. Fresh level 25 players can join incursions and just ruin the experience for every one by making the difficulty harder but not carrying their own weight. I can imagine this is an issue for PC as well. Don't make suggested item power levels, make item power level requirements so that people can not just jump right in and leech or cause the mission to fail by increasing mob spawns and their hp pools.

7: After enhancing or upgrading an item when you go to pick another item in a category it instead puts the item you have equipped in. This has caused me to accidently upgrade one item with the one I was currently wearing. IMO the items you are wearing should disappear after you pick an item to upgrade / enhance.

8: Squire doesn't feel like it is as strong as it was in DD1 for simply killing trash mobs. The training dummy would be great if it had a higher HP pool and you only had to wind it up once. I could then place the training dummy, and then swing at it to achieve maximum speed and not have to worry about it any more. The problem with it currently is that their HP pool sucks, and it is really difficult to build a squire to get high attack speed, attack rate, and tower hp to make this single tower worth using. I feel like the squire only has 1 option. Build lots of cannon towers, and then use a monk to boost them to a point where they kill everything in one or two shots, and keep my attack rate around 0.60. Even then though the very fact that squire hits only 1 with a cannon makes it much less DPS over an extended period of time compared to a ballista. Ballistas on the other hand can do good DPS over time, but when you need to kill a boss or several mini bosses the ballistas are not going to be there to save you. They are far to slow because of this spear throwers easily wreck your walls and such unless you can kill them before they can attack which won't happen with a ballista. I think squire needs a buff because some other class skill combinations just completely make squire useless. Not even squire walls are needed when you permanently stun the enemy with 2 electric aura's and a geyser trap combined with monks sky towers and buff aura to get ridiculous DPS numbers on sub par geared monks. My 100+ item power Squire only does 7k DPS with the cannons but that's only 7k to a single target compared to the wide range DPS a monk can put out.

9: Every time I start a mission you can move for a few seconds then it freezes you to begin showing you what monsters are going to be coming, what they do, and so on. It then skips this because I have already seen it before at which point I am magically teleported several feet ahead of where I was if I started to walk before this happened. It is quite annoying.

10: Add loot sorting, or loot filtering, as well as an option to automatically sell loot in the temporary bags. I intentionally don't pick up anything below mythics and my temp bags fill up quickly. I am then forced to simply wait till the loot sells automatically or pull every single item from the temp bags one by one and sell them because I didn't pick them up in the first place because they are junk to me.

11: Pet food doesn't stack. It should stack. I do not like losing ton's of bank space because I do not want to waste my pet food on a crappy pet. When I finally get a good pet I am going to want all this pet food I have saved up, but I wont have it because I had to use it to get more space.

Hi there,

I got the game when it became F2P, after 1200 hours of DD1 and a couple hundred of DDE i came into the game feeling confident that I would know it quite well. To my surprise the controls were completely different! even though it took awhile to get used to I feel they actually make a lot more sense!

In terms of game-play, the campaign is good - it was nice not to have to grind to pass the campaign, however as soon as free-play is unlocked i had the option to do whatever level I felt like on the next difficulty. Because of this I jumped into Betsy's lair and successfully leeched exp for a few rounds just by pressing G. 

This is broken.
By letting people leech their way between campaign and end game it has created an atmosphere where people don't respect other people. The phrase "everyone leeches, i expect you to carry me" (or near enough to it) has been said to me more than once since I have started building my own maps. 

By doing this people get to end game feeling entitled but not having the skills to be able to cope with the maps.

Having gear drop with passives specific to the hero you are on means that to gear up a builder, you must fight on a builder. Yes, DPS squires and DPS monks are a thing, but to have a builder squire and a DPS squire takes up half of your hero pool, and you also have to grind the second one to level 50, which is currently mindless as end game gives no exp.

I would suggest that buffing end game exp would give people the ability to power level multiple heroes without too much drama. If there is worries about using this to boost new players, perhaps only do it in solo maps.

Last thing I have a strong opinion about is the loot.

If i choose not to loot things then i end up with hundreds of giant beams that make it impossible to see useful things such as pet eggs or legendary items. An auto-sell similar to the way DD1 operated would solve this, I am aware that auto-sell hugely inflated the amount of mana in DD1, perhaps if using auto sell doing things at 10% full price could help slow down inflation and reward people for doing things manually.

All and all good game, possibly released a little early but I am enjoying it!

SUPER stoked that its not pay to win, rather pay to be more convenient and pay to be pretty!

Thanks Trendy!

I'm a big fan of DD1 and DD2. So far, I'm liking how the game progresses. I do think story mode needs more of a story. Also, Pet food really needs to stack. I'm wasting a lot of inventory just carrying the stuff around. I also wish the traps/towers/auras interacted with each other more, I think it's a really cool system that players should utilize more if they can. 

I Love it so far.  I hope for this to improve for as long as possible.  I have always been a fan of DD and (not as much) DDE.  There are problems.  Like some abilities being hard to find e.g. (Fav) Superconductor.  I hope for the best and SHADDUP AND TAKE MY MONEY FOREVER!

I rather like the game but there were a few places where I think there could be improvement.

- During campaign, when you first get normal, the difficulty spike is a bit too much.  My experience was constantly losing and becoming quite frustrated.

-I'm going to be blunt here, I really, really hate the loot system.  Even putting aside the iwpr problems and lower quality loot being much better than higher quality loot, it just feels like I'm being showered with trash.  Getting loot doesn't feel like an accomplishment, but rather a chore.  I would much prefer a loot system where getting a piece of loot is exciting and directly relates to your actions during the run (see: Vermintide loot system).  Right now it's just seem like rng spam that doesn't really have anything to do with your own input which results in an overall cheep system  

For example, the game drops a legendary.  Did I do anything to earn it?  Nope.  Am I extremely lucky?  Nope.  Is it even all that good?  Nope.  Am I interested in the loot at this point?  Nope.

PS: I forgot to mention.  I wish there was a "Activate mouse" button so I could hover over the hud icons and get tooltips for them.  And also to select certain options (for example, viewing the profile, etc. of someone I am playing with without having to open a menu).

And like I said, I rather do like this game and plan to keep playing it, but the loot system does take enjoyment away from the game from me as it is now.

I am a new player, and have found the game to be somewhat fun through the campaign, and up to level 34 or so. But after that the game has lost all difficulty, and I get way too many rare drops, I am talking 20 mythical and 5 legendaries sometimes. This wouldn't be so boring and annoying if it was actually hard at the level I am playing, but it just plain isn't. Immediately after the campaign I was flooded with very rare items at the easiest difficulty. Which quickly gave me the best gear possible with no effort... I really do like the game but, it just isn't playable for me right now, because it just isn't fun at low difficulties and high difficulties reward you with loot you can't use for ten levels, but those are easy to beat too. Beyond the only other complaint that I have is the lackluster upgrading your items system, it gives such a small bonus that it just isn't even worth the effort.

To be clear about what I want to say without the rant (I guess that is what I would call it) is. Increase difficulty a lot, and decrease drop chances please. Also improve the upgrading system to make it more interesting (I wish I could be more descriptive but right now I can't  think of anything).

Thanks for your time, and I hope that this game is continually developed until it is fun at later levels :)

I do kind of also find it annoying that loot sticks around after each wave. I typically don't loot anything but mythicals and higher and let everything fill up in temporary bag which eventually sells everything so I do not have to. It does essentially the same thing as in DD1 but in a much worse way.

im a little late, as i already have 4 lvl50s, but i did get the game recently, on the first weekend it went FTP.  so, ill begin with the pros.  

Level design:  Most maps i feel are balanced, but unique between each level.  

Mobs:  i played DD1 for quite a while on Xbox arcade, and the mobs felt... repetitive, with similar designs and attack patterns between mobs, but now there are alot of new attack patterns and the integration of the 'support' enemies like the javelin throwers are inspired.

Map: i like the new minimap, with the support enemies being white.  it allows a better overview then the first DD, IMO.  we do need a zoom feature though

Classes:  i like the return of the classic classes, and i appreciate the changes to auras so you dont have 'gobstoppers of doom'  i like the polishing done to the towers, but some i think are underpowered (more on that later)

Tavern:  i like the new social tavern, but it still feels a bit clunky.  

Coop:  i love the multiplayer aspect of the game, but there are several problems that are mentioned above that need addressed

__Now here is where i go into my feelings on the Cons.  Some have been confirmed as being worked on, or the developers are going to fix it, but taking into account Ascension II, here are the drawbacks to DD2.

Loot:  too much of it, with too random a series of perks/skills/upgrades.  this has been confirmed as being in the pipeline, so not too much hate here

Grinding:  the leveling gap between 40-50 is boring.  also confirmed as being worked on.  however, the other portion of it deals with finding the correct loot for your build.  i played 8 hours today, and only got 1 upgrade for my huntress, even though i was playing insane for the first time.  

Hero Deck:  its not the number of heroes, but the SLOW process to change builders, or into a dps character, that frustrates me.  also confirmed as being worked on

Artwork/visualization:  so the towers get larger now, as you upgrade, but the tower visuals dont change much.  i like how the earthshatter tower upgrades, because its easy to see about what tier it is visually from all angles.  i know the other towers change, but something like the flameburst just isnt as big a visual change.  also, to a lesser extent, why only 2 size changes?  it seems like the upgrades should make the tower bigger/ more impressive with every upgrade.  

collision detection:  on most maps, the area directly left/right of the spawner is a doorway, of some sort.  however, this is not solid, and results in hilarious times going through walls with my dps monk or attacking with my waller squire.

Monotony:  there seems to be not enough content to fill our time.  there is only one boss(Betsy), with another on its way(Carl/Mr. H), and when the spooky maps are added, Maldonis as well.  i would like to see map-specific challenges like DD1, and more game modes, again like DD1.  

Difficulty:  I like the fact there are 8 current difficulties, but the fact is, physical and magic resistance does hardly anything (figures to back me up-  on normal lane, my flamethrower tower does 2200 per attack, on physical resist 2200 per attack, and on magic resist 1600 per attack.)  this makes the resistance lanes not too much of a problem, though i bet it is at nm3.  i will be posting a suggestion soon on what to do with that.  

Anyway, so far, so good.  i look forward to playing and joining nm1-4.  i really like the devs relationship with the community, and i look forward to helping them make this game awesome!

Here are my thoughts after my first day playing. I realize the game is Alpha and some/all of these may be added in time but I felt I should list them anyway.

• A hotkey to go directly to your Character page or Hero Deck. I don't see anything in the Controls Options, as far as I can tell you have to hit I and click over to the one you want.
  • The prompt that warns you about selling high items and/or valuable items should have a check box to 'Not Display This Warning Again', I find it a nuisance every time I go to sell Mythical items and such.
  • Speaking of Mythical items, the notification that a Mythical item has appeared should have an option to be disabled. I can understand if someone isn't auto-looting them for some reason they may want to know, but Mythicals are a common enough drop and more times than not my visible chat log is mostly filled with this message.
  • Speaking of the chat window, it could use a few basic options. Being able to resize it, reposition it, and change the font size. At default settings, you get a basic 9 lines of text which may be fine for some, but it's kind of crappy if you're actually trying to socialize while playing and also getting spammed with messages about loot.
  • In between rounds I sometimes poke around my inventory, check out my character page, etc and I don't know if my team is readying up or not. We should be able to see whether or not there are check marks next to players names while having these windows open.
  • The inventory sorting could use an improvement. Say for example I have a bag that auto-loots Legendary items, and a second bag that doesn't auto-loot. If I manually pick up a Legendary item, it goes to the second bag, even though I feel it should go to the first.
  • Item icons on the minimap should be prioritized by rarity. Many times I'll have Epic items covering Mythical/Legendary (I'm aware Legendary has an on screen pointer but still), and I'm not quite sure where they dropped.
  • A loot filter to hide rarities of the player's choice would be welcome to reduce clutter. I've been playing less than 24 hours and I'm already sick of seeing anything less than Powerful.
  • Adding player names to the name plates so I know who is who when people are talking.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading.

About a week into the game now and while it has a lot of good things going on I will likely not be playing anymore for awhile for a couple reasons.

1. Huntress is far stronger than any other hero. The only thing other heroes in the game do currently is help out the huntress. She has the highest hero dps and the best magic/physical damage tower (trap) in the game.

2. The game is near impossible without using said huntress. Which is good, she is the most powerful and I'm glad the game is not a pushover, however everyone else needs to get some numbers buffs in order to compete.

3. All except 4 of the ubers are absolutely horrible. Sticky bombs, chaos trap, shielding tower, and debatably the flame thrower one (which is useful only if you don't have a huntress). I would also throw in the lightning aura one, but compared to the huntress is it still a very poor source of magic damage.

4. If you screw up and buy one of the bad ubers, you are out of luck for 10 days. There needs to either be a better way to get wyvern tokens or they need to not be used to purchase such important items.

5. The difficult curve is just more hp / damage. There is nothing else that changes. In the end there is almost no reason to play most of the maps except for Betsy and gates of dragonfall.

6. The towers are bland and feel much less unique than they did in DD1. The squires cannon, cannonball, and training dummy; The monk's lightning and AA; The huntress's anything except for explosives / chaos. They are all just very weaker versions of something else you could be using. The only unique feeling towers are the apprentice, however they just aren't good enough outside of the frostbite.

7. Gear is painfully static. Tower range and speed are no longer a stack-able stat which just means they are the most important. Every orb you use for dps increases one of those 2 stats since there is no other way to get them.

8. Why did crit need to be in the game? For anything that hits fast it is broken, for anything that hits slower it is far to inconsistent. If it was a multiplier instead of flat amount maybe it would fair better but as of right now it just buffs the huntress and monk.

9. Pets abilities are mostly useless. The best one in the game (I have found) is completely broken. most of them do a flat damage amount of varying usefulness, the one I use buffs all damage output on the map by 50% (magic damage). for 10 seconds with a 20 second cooldown. Maybe there are other good ones but I have not found them yet.

10. The melee classes are still pretty bad in combat, the monk really needs something to stand out and the large spheres are horrible due to the flat magic/physical resist lanes.

11. The flat 75% resist setting in lanes is horrible. It makes the game almost impossible to play alone (Except for the huntress!).

12. Some dailies are very difficult for newer players to complete, such as ignite or electrocute, considering there is nothing in game telling you how to do these.

13. The cut-scenes still have a high volume level that cannot be turned down.

14. Very few bosses, of which you just hope to get as few ogres as possible since everything else is much easier to kite.

15. No real reason to play the game outside of finishing dailies. Endgame content comes to soon / easy once you know which builds work the best.

I'd like to see a change to the end screen where you have to choose to Replay Map or go to Tavern. Currently, you need a unanimous vote to replay, a single vote for Tavern drags everyone back there. If 3 people want to continue, why waste their time sending them back to Tavern. Why can't the people who want to leave go and the people who want to stay start a new map?

In addition, when the party is sent back to the Group Tavern, you can immediately run to the table and start a new game, dragging back in the people who wanted to leave if they don't vacate the Group Tavern fast enough.

Well I'm impressed by the graphics and the actual game. however in the beta I spent so much time getting legendary stuff, and now it reset. Overall the game is great.

@Puddles quote:

About a week into the game now and while it has a lot of good things going on I will likely not be playing anymore for awhile for a couple reasons.

1. Huntress is far stronger than any other hero. The only thing other heroes in the game do currently is help out the huntress. She has the highest hero dps and the best magic/physical damage tower (trap) in the game.

2. The game is near impossible without using said huntress. Which is good, she is the most powerful and I'm glad the game is not a pushover, however everyone else needs to get some numbers buffs in order to compete.

3. All except 4 of the ubers are absolutely horrible. Sticky bombs, chaos trap, shielding tower, and debatably the flame thrower one (which is useful only if you don't have a huntress). I would also throw in the lightning aura one, but compared to the huntress is it still a very poor source of magic damage.

4. If you screw up and buy one of the bad ubers, you are out of luck for 10 days. There needs to either be a better way to get wyvern tokens or they need to not be used to purchase such important items.

5. The difficult curve is just more hp / damage. There is nothing else that changes. In the end there is almost no reason to play most of the maps except for Betsy and gates of dragonfall.

6. The towers are bland and feel much less unique than they did in DD1. The squires cannon, cannonball, and training dummy; The monk's lightning and AA; The huntress's anything except for explosives / chaos. They are all just very weaker versions of something else you could be using. The only unique feeling towers are the apprentice, however they just aren't good enough outside of the frostbite.

7. Gear is painfully static. Tower range and speed are no longer a stack-able stat which just means they are the most important. Every orb you use for dps increases one of those 2 stats since there is no other way to get them.

8. Why did crit need to be in the game? For anything that hits fast it is broken, for anything that hits slower it is far to inconsistent. If it was a multiplier instead of flat amount maybe it would fair better but as of right now it just buffs the huntress and monk.

9. Pets abilities are mostly useless. The best one in the game (I have found) is completely broken. most of them do a flat damage amount of varying usefulness, the one I use buffs all damage output on the map by 50% (magic damage). for 10 seconds with a 20 second cooldown. Maybe there are other good ones but I have not found them yet.

10. The melee classes are still pretty bad in combat, the monk really needs something to stand out and the large spheres are horrible due to the flat magic/physical resist lanes.

11. The flat 75% resist setting in lanes is horrible. It makes the game almost impossible to play alone (Except for the huntress!).

12. Some dailies are very difficult for newer players to complete, such as ignite or electrocute, considering there is nothing in game telling you how to do these.

13. The cut-scenes still have a high volume level that cannot be turned down.

14. Very few bosses, of which you just hope to get as few ogres as possible since everything else is much easier to kite.

15. No real reason to play the game outside of finishing dailies. Endgame content comes to soon / easy once you know which builds work the best.

1&2. I agree, but the monk is also a great DPS character if built right. The apprentice and squire are primarily builders, which does need to be changes

3.  Totally agree.

4. Ten days?  Sometimes more, sometimes less.

5. Yes, and head to suggestions if you have an idea to fix

6. 100% agree, though the size change is cool.  Has a lot of potential though 

7. Agreed

8.yes

9. Idk, I like gravebolt paired with my DPS monk, and a few others I have seen, like one that does ensaring vines

10-15.  Agreed