I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, Superb_Meow said:

Hello, I was wondering in regards to farming specific onslaught floors such as floor 1-2 repeatedly, if this is allowed? because as well as getting 3 shards and whatever else there was. Twice? I got the present box drop from the chest. I just hope I didn't do some type of game exploit or anything of that nature.

You can play any floor you have unlocked, as many times as you want. However, some rewards will not drop again. Prestige weapons, gift boxes, and def chests (% chance to drop) will only drop once when the corresponding stage number is beaten. Those will not drop on those floors again unless you reset or climb higher. Ice and poison gear/mods drop on specific stage numbers, but you can farm those. There is also a chance that gift boxes can show up as a random reward apart from the every 5 floor ones. Some rewards can only be gotten above floor 35, so keep pushing if you can. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

You can play any floor you have unlocked, as many times as you want. However, some rewards will not drop again. Prestige weapons, gift boxes, and def chests (% chance to drop) will only drop once when the corresponding stage number is beaten. Those will not drop on those floors again unless you reset or climb higher. Ice and poison gear/mods drop on specific stage numbers, but you can farm those. There is also a chance that gift boxes can show up as a random reward apart from the every 5 floor ones. Some rewards can only be gotten above floor 35, so keep pushing if you can. 

I'm concerned because I have not done a reset for a while (on 15) and I did floor 2 multiple times but also 1 and 2. And I got the gift box out of the chest more than once (I'm having doubts about my memory now >.<)

But i'll stick to farming via expeditions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Superb_Meow said:

I'm concerned because I have not done a reset for a while (on 15) and I did floor 2 multiple times but also 1 and 2. And I got the gift box out of the chest more than once (I'm having doubts about my memory now >.<)

But i'll stick to farming via expeditions.

Onslaught is basically Expeditions, but with more enemy variance and extra rules to break things up. Many players who do large amounts of resets pretty much do all of their grinding in Onslaught because what floor you are on affects your reset levels. The more floors you push, the more levels you will gain. 

If you have already begun the reset cycle, you should ask yourself a couple questions. How far do you plan to go with it, and how long do you want it to take? If the answers are - max ascension is the goal, in the relatively shortest time possible...then your playing goal should be effectiveness. Play the fewest amount of stages you need to on each reset to...reset yet again. Once you reset once, it doesn't stop til you max out. Any detours you take only prolongs the process for yourself. Everything else in the game should pretty much be done before or after your reset process. 

So if you are on reset 15, I'd imagine most of what i said is old news to you. I just recommend sticking with it and max out those ascension points, which means you really need to start climbing floors in Onslaught. Or give up on resets, and enjoy the fruit of your labors. Go beat Mastery instead. Personally i prefer expeditions over onslaught as well, it's just that onslaught is a necessary evil in the reset process.

I do recommend pushing to floor 35 at least, as you have chances of better gear and shards dropping from that point on. Very worth it. 

On the gift box - you get 1 every 5 floors as a reward screen item (not victory chest), and this is 1 time only until you reset. On any onslaught floor, you also have a % chance of one dropping in the victory chest as well, and that can be repeated. You can get both on the same floor as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jaws, i guess i was getting the % gift box when doing floor 2 or from 1 and 2 from the victory chest.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Sorry to be a bother again, I have another question but it's about defenses.

You know the physical damage dealing defenses like cannonball tower? Well if I was to put a Earth servo/mod to that tower, would it still be physical or instead magical damage dealing?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Superb_Meow said:

Sorry to be a bother again, I have another question but it's about defenses.

You know the physical damage dealing defenses like cannonball tower? Well if I was to put a Earth servo/mod to that tower, would it still be physical or instead magical damage dealing?

Placing an elemental servo on a physical defense turns it into a magical damage dealing defense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, All Your Yeahs said:

Placing an elemental servo on a physical defense turns it into a magical damage dealing defense. 

Thank you for the information.

• Like 1

Just now, Superb_Meow said:

Thank you for the information.

Glad to be of help :)

Just wanted to also point out though, seeing as there are very few physical defenses in game, It would be a bit of a sacrifice to lose the physical damage and also with the cannons being single target, it wouldn't be a great choice if you have a CC use in mind.

Something like Ramsters or Weapon Mans/Proton Beams would be a fine choice though as they can hit 10 enemies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, All Your Yeahs said:

Glad to be of help :)

Just wanted to also point out though, seeing as there are very few physical defenses in game, It would be a bit of a sacrifice to lose the physical damage and also with the cannons being single target, it wouldn't be a great choice if you have a CC use in mind.

Something like Ramsters or Weapon Mans/Proton Beams would be a fine choice though as they can hit 10 enemies. 

Great tip.

Save CC setups for defs that are not single unit targeting. Good CC relies on hitting that 10 enemy max as often as you can. Keep in mind some mods change single targets to mutiple as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you All Your Yeahs and Jaws_420. Before this information I had plans for other defenses and even put a earth servo to bees.

Other planned elemental servo's: Earth to cannonball towers, Earth to ramsters, Poison to ballista, Water to explosive trap.

But now i'll change that idea since like  All Your Yeahs pointed out about not many physical damage defenses.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

If you had hero slots and materials to spare, it's not a bad idea to have the same heroes both or more doing the same defense but with different loadouts if you like to stick to your playstyle or want a bit more variety (well, a certain kind of variety) in your builds.

Some loadouts could be two SGTs with one that's a poison and other with earth to insta-kill flyers with petrify. Or have certain extra defenses built around fire damage as to exclusively deal with frost enemies.   

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

If you had hero slots and materials to spare, it's not a bad idea to have the same heroes both or more doing the same defense but with different loadouts if you like to stick to your playstyle or want a bit more variety (well, a certain kind of variety) in your builds.

Some loadouts could be two SGTs with one that's a poison and other with earth to insta-kill flyers with petrify. Or have certain extra defenses built around fire damage as to exclusively deal with frost enemies.   

Good idea, i had some thought of having 2 of the same heroes with different defense builds. How many hero slots can we have?

Also I was wondering, is it possible to rename a relic, so then you know who that relic is for or which defense it was made for? Because I do plan on making more than 1 relic for some if not all defenses.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Superb_Meow said:

Good idea, i had some thought of having 2 of the same heroes with different defense builds. How many hero slots can we have?

Also I was wondering, is it possible to rename a relic, so then you know who that relic is for or which defense it was made for? Because I do plan on making more than 1 relic for some if not all defenses.

If I remember correctly the max slot we could have is 64 heroes.

I don't think we could name relics but it would definitely be great if we could! As compared to weapons it isn't that unique. Or if there are plan for it to be more unique, maybe there could be sub-naming?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Superb_Meow said:

Other planned elemental servo's: Earth to cannonball towers, Earth to ramsters, Poison to ballista, Water to explosive trap.

Though, water to explosive trap won't work and is a mistake you only make once. As I once discovered. XD

But having the ability to name relics would be so useful. And I hope that they do implement it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I won't be putting water to explosive trap then :/

Thank you Paloverde and All Your Yeahs for the help :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, All Your Yeahs said:

Though, water to explosive trap won't work and is a mistake you only make once. As I once discovered. XD

But having the ability to name relics would be so useful. And I hope that they do implement it.

Yeah, there is a hidden condition that "explosion" is basically treated like it's an elemental, so anything that does AOE explosive damage will not take on any mod elements. Includes  Huntress traps and the reflect beam. 

Personally i cannot recommend EV2's WM enough. It's the best aoe nonelemental attack to create combos with IMO. Put an earth one at spawn, then aim a PDT with EP shard at it, or even a second WM with poison laid down a few spaces behind it. Also works great with water on one, and SR mod on the other as well. Very effective CC. 

• Like 3

Hello folks, how many enemies does the Ballista pierce by default? Because it's say's 6 on mine. I thought it was supposed to be 4? I don't have the puncturing bolts shard equiped.

Does the explosion from the slayed enemies, which you get of the shard for the PDT, infect the enemies hitten of that with the poison elemental effect?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Areay said:

Does the explosion from the slayed enemies, which you get of the shard for the PDT, infect the enemies hitten of that with the poison elemental effect?

Exploding Poison shard - yes. Any enemy inside the small AOE explosion area when an enemy poisoned by the shard dies, will also be poisoned. I am not sure if that includes minibosses or not. Works great on choke points and tight enemy clusters. Can even throw a Mystic Sinking sands in the middle of the fire zone to ensure right grouping. Couple this with say a WM with earth, and you have a nice CC death zone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1