I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@quinn the wolf quote:

2, flame auras dont target any enemy in the match and dummys in the taverns
tested this whit multi hit to check on frame reducing but it only hits like 10 enemys and any enemy more wont get any damage at all

If i am reading this right, you are saying that FAs only hit 10 targets at a time. If that is accurate - then this is intended, as that is the max of anything you can hit in DD2 at one time. To my understanding - all AOE defenses max out at 10 targets at once, and i think the same goes with any "piercing" style attack. This is all forum hearsay mind you though, so i may not have all the facts correct. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@quinn the wolf quote:

2, flame auras dont target any enemy in the match and dummys in the taverns
tested this whit multi hit to check on frame reducing but it only hits like 10 enemys and any enemy more wont get any damage at all

If i am reading this right, you are saying that FAs only hit 10 targets at a time. If that is accurate - then this is intended, as that is the max of anything you can hit in DD2 at one time. To my understanding - all AOE defenses max out at 10 targets at once, and i think the same goes with any "piercing" style attack. This is all forum hearsay mind you though, so i may not have all the facts correct. 

I didnt knew this as i always saw my flames hit all the dummys in the private taven before his update witch were 5 dummys left side of the back panel of the petstore, 5 in the middle and 3 to the right and they all got hitted, if you wana know why i test such stuff? 1 i fo alot of fps tests to make sure i dont destroy my pc and 2, to test my aoi range and damage, did that whit this update and i got very sad whit the flame results ;( its eiher a nerf or an bug as i did the same whit ramsters and these still hit over 10 enemys xD...

I hope its abug becouse flame auras are my favorite defence along whit abything ev2 and i dont wana push it out of that list O_O

@diabloh quote:

question on what i should buy

should i buy ev2 character

or another storage unit in the bank

Buy bags with gems. Save gems for this task. Buy heroes with DMs instead, as those are free and just take time. 

@M1rr0rsedge quote:

Onslaughts level 61+, my questions is. Is every floor 3 maps after 60? cause at 60 its 3, and it usually resets to 1/1.

Yes. all floors will be 3 maps from that point on. 

But...TE has said that they will look into the 3 map thing in Onslaught as many of us have raised some issues about it. Not just about difficulty, but just on the ability for some to not error out in that timeframe is a big deal. They have hinted that it will be going to 1 map per floor for all of that mode in a future update, or some kind of version of that. That is about all we know at this point, but that is very exciting news for a lot of us, especially as we got that bean right on the heels of this huge update full of goodness. 

So in other words - if the 3 map thing is a turn off for you in any way, in a few months or so - that may change. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@M1rr0rsedge quote:

Onslaughts level 61+, my questions is. Is every floor 3 maps after 60? cause at 60 its 3, and it usually resets to 1/1.

Yes. all floors will be 3 maps from that point on. 

But...TE has said that they will look into the 3 map thing in Onslaught as many of us have raised some issues about it. Not just about difficulty, but just on the ability for some to not error out in that timeframe is a big deal. They have hinted that it will be going to 1 map per floor for all of that mode in a future update, or some kind of version of that. That is about all we know at this point, but that is very exciting news for a lot of us, especially as we got that bean right on the heels of this huge update full of goodness. 

So in other words - if the 3 map thing is a turn off for you in any way, in a few months or so - that may change. 

Okay Thanks, Just something i wanted to know because i plan to do the Ancient power resets a good set of times, and kinda need to know how many maps i'll be doing as I progress. 

@M1rr0rsedge quote:

Okay Thanks, Just something i wanted to know because i plan to do the Ancient power resets a good set of times, and kinda need to know how many maps i'll be doing as I progress. 

you are welcome. 

There are some good threads out there now by players who have reset a lot and can give some great guidance on how to best economize the reset process in its current form. If i remember right it was a balance of playing Onslaught and Trials (at that time) to do the smallest amount of maps for each cycle. 

There is no way of knowing yet that when TE changes the 3-map thing if gating will change as well. I would not just assume that the # of floors for resetting would lessen, as that may make that process too easy to some. We do not know what the new system will be yet in any way, so it is hard to extrapolate what will occur. I would assume they would raise the gating numbers so that you still play the same amount of maps, but that is conjecture at best. MODs already lessened the difficulty some, which has angered some players, so i don't think they will nerf Onslaught any more as that is where the high-up top end players are for their end-game experience. If anywhere should stay tough to play right now, Onslaught is it. For most of us, as long as we can get to either floor 65, or 114, we are pretty happy. So to each their own. I guess we will see what happens. I am sure the forums will help to guide that choice as well. 

So, in other words - there is no reason to hold back for the update, so go for it now. If the update makes things easier, then your second reset will just be even easier, and you may appreciate it more having done it another way. Choice is yours. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

There is no way of knowing yet that when TE changes the 3-map thing if gating will change as well. I would not just assume that the # of floors for resetting would lessen, as that may make that process too easy to some. We do not know what the new system will be yet in any way, so it is hard to extrapolate what will occur. I would assume they would raise the gating numbers so that you still play the same amount of maps, but that is conjecture at best. MODs already lessened the difficulty some, which has angered some players, so i don't think they will nerf Onslaught any more as that is where the high-up top end players are for their end-game experience. If anywhere should stay tough to play right now, Onslaught is it. For most of us, as long as we can get to either floor 65, or 114, we are pretty happy. So to each their own. I guess we will see what happens. I am sure the forums will help to guide that choice as well. 

And if the gating of floors is raised, some of us (or none of us :P) might have a problem coping due to us getting attached to "Floor 65 flair", "Floor 92 flair" and "Floor 114 flair"

But then there is a reason these flairs were given names......though we don't actually have the set names (except one), I can only assume it's called "Angel flair set", "Old Doom flair set" and finally (this one is a definitely true), "Final Form flair set" 

So yeah I guess we'll wait and see.

I got a few questions about modding the Barb.

1. Do mods on both weapons count? As in he has 6 weapon mod slots?

2. Do identical mods stack across both weapons? Like double Critical Chips or something?

3. I know his swing speed is determined by his primary. If I have a light in my primary and a medium in my secondary, will the medium chip mod work? Or get ignored since his primary is light?

@Primo_114 quote:

How do you make the gun witch fly? 

It's a skill she has. On the PS4 you use L1 and R1 at the same time. no idea what the command is on Xbox or PC, sorry. Check her skill wheel and you should see it. 

@KingGuy420 quote:

I got a few questions about modding the Barb.

1. Do mods on both weapons count? As in he has 6 weapon mod slots?

2. Do identical mods stack across both weapons? Like double Critical Chips or something?

3. I know his swing speed is determined by his primary. If I have a light in my primary and a medium in my secondary, will the medium chip mod work? Or get ignored since his primary is light?

1. yes, but they do not stack, so only use 1 of any MOD on either weapon. Plus you are forgetting about passives on special weapons, so you actually have 8 slots of total effects. 
  2. no. you will get an error message on the MOD on the right-hand/secondary weapon, since the left/primary drives all the affects. 
  3. Good question - IDK, sorry. i also wonder that. 

@SpottierPower4 quote:

Do you keep your base stats on a weapon as you advance it between Campaign and C7?

Like, if I get a perfect roll on an epic sword of doom in campaign and advance it up to C7, will it be the equivalent of a C7 with a perfect roll?

As you Evolve the gear, the stats will raise in accordance with each new Chaos Tier. 

MODs can be evolved but cannot be upgraded - so the "perfect roll" will always be that level of value. But as it evolves, that value will rise. 

About Series EV2 defense WM
I saw that most times when someone uses WM it stuns enemies but when i use it it only does damage without the stun could someone explain that to me please?

Will cross-play ever become a thing? Or will I ever be able to transfer stats from PC to PS4?

I've been playing this game for a while now, started with DD1 but I've got over 300 hours on PC and would like to be able to play with my friend on PS4 without having to restart. Is there any other way to go about this?

@Nobody_ATL quote:

About Series EV2 defense WM
I saw that most times when someone uses WM it stuns enemies but when i use it it only does damage without the stun could someone explain that to me please?

There is a new MOD called "shocking revelation". This is what does the shock-stun. You need to put this on your WM, and then push the Def rate up as much as you can, and place the nodes close to each other. Between the increased fire rate, teh 5 sec stun length, and the 3 overlapping nodes - it creates a perma-stun field. 

@Ubiqo quote:

Will cross-play ever become a thing? Or will I ever be able to transfer stats from PC to PS4?

I've been playing this game for a while now, started with DD1 but I've got over 300 hours on PC and would like to be able to play with my friend on PS4 without having to restart. Is there any other way to go about this?

Some day? Absolutely. Anytime soon or on DD2? Extremely doubtful. 

There has to be a big market push for this across the board before small companies like TE decide to tackle that huge monster. Plus there needs to be a fiscal incentive. When the whole gaming community demands crossplay, and on all games - it will happen, but we are not unified in that vision yet, so companies see no reason to step out into that uncharted territory yet. Fortnite is our current best hope at breaking down some of those long standing barriers. But who knows - maybe it could happen any day... The world is finicky about trends, but they have such power in the moment. If Fortnite can break that wall down, and show that it is profitable, and that all of us gamers want it - well, that is fertile ground for that wish to grow upon. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@Ubiqo quote:

Some day? Absolutely. Anytime soon or on DD2? Extremely doubtful. 

There has to be a big market push for this across the board before small companies like TE decide to tackle that huge monster. Plus there needs to be a fiscal incentive. When the whole gaming community demands crossplay, and on all games - it will happen, but we are not unified in that vision yet, so companies see no reason to step out into that uncharted territory yet. Fortnite is our current best hope at breaking down some of those long standing barriers. But who knows - maybe it could happen any day... The world is finicky about trends, but they have such power in the moment. If Fortnite can break that wall down, and show that it is profitable, and that all of us gamers want it - well, that is fertile ground for that wish to grow upon. 

I figured. And well, cross-play may be out of the question, does seem like a large feat and yeah, I agree, I'm sure in the future it'll be there. But the other part of my question, stats transfer or the like don't seem to be so hard to implement.

this is a question ONLY trendy ent can answer so your taught (the non developer also known as the player)wont make an impackt on the finaly asnwer i believe or not

1, what will happen whit the shocking revelation servo becouse people call it op, since i think its balanced very good depending on use as the eartshatter towers are very good too and other defences and heros now have new life so i dont know very well if youre going to nerf/buff alot (i dont wnat to see the dryad become the most op and spammed hero ever again!, i may have all heros but the dryad is my personal terrarian favorite from that game and i feel my likings getting destroyed by the typical nature of spam-lovving gamers)
2, the draining aura servo is useless and needs a severe REBALANCE, do you have any plans for it? :D
3, the flame aura shard encroaching flames is useless as a shard as everyone needs that slot for better shards HOWEVER have you taught turning it into a servo? if so then you may make A TON OF PLAYERS INCLUDING MYSELF VERY HAPPY!!! it could be used as an alternative to anti-meelee, anti-range and yep all the anti-(insertenemytypehere) things to other towers aswell xD, but for what i hope is to see that shard become an servo and become usefull again becouse the shard as a servo sounds prommisin! :D
and 4, the earthtoss shard is just good and fine and perfect now, but considder adding a area of effect servo so the aoe dmg it dies whit earth toss gets an increase or someting like that, if there are any plans on this then be sure to tell as always

@quinn the wolf quote:

this is a question ONLY trendy ent can answer so your taught (the non developer also known as the player)wont make an impackt on the finaly asnwer i believe or not

1, what will happen whit the shocking revelation servo becouse people call it op, since i think its balanced very good depending on use as the eartshatter towers are very good too and other defences and heros now have new life so i dont know very well if youre going to nerf/buff alot (i dont wnat to see the dryad become the most op and spammed hero ever again!, i may have all heros but the dryad is my personal terrarian favorite from that game and i feel my likings getting destroyed by the typical nature of spam-lovving gamers)

Shocking Revelations and Tenacity will eventually and inevitably get nerfed or more like a rebalance.

Here's a quote from Lawlta (from this tread : Are we planning to nerf the Shocking Revelation mod for Weapon Mfr. of EV2?) :

Shocking revelation is OP and Tenacity is applying way more than it should be. There are changes coming to bring things in line and make sure the Mods apply correctly.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@quinn the wolf quote:

Shocking Revelations and Tenacity will eventually and inevitably get nerfed or more like a rebalance.

Here's a quote from Lawlta (from this tread : Are we planning to nerf the Shocking Revelation mod for Weapon Mfr. of EV2?) :

Shocking revelation is OP and Tenacity is applying way more than it should be. There are changes coming to bring things in line and make sure the Mods apply correctly.

thank you! :D if there are official posts then ull always believe anything :P
ye kind of argreed but i still think that there must be some changes to shocking revelations but an all out nerf might make it useless
tenacity however decerves an entire bugfix
the weak 10% of c2 or someting juts completely mkes the ground defences immume O_O witch is not honest play