I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Happy Frisbees quote:

I played a lot of DD1 and played some DD2 on PC and then stopped for the PS4 beta. Quit and now I'm back and completely confused. I guess I'm back to being a noob. I can only go up, I guess. I have a few questions, and I'm pretty sure they are obvious to some of you, and that's OK. I'll keep the questions short. So, for the PS4 console my questions are as follows...

1. When I first downloaded the game it asked for multiplayer or solo and the rest would be downloaded afterwards. Anyways, I'm still going through the campaign and only "Continue Campaign" is available at the start screen. Join Tavern and the other choice is greyed out. If I delete the game and re-download picking "multiplayer" this time will that fix it? Leaving the game brings me to a lobby which is a workaround, but optimal. Finishing the campaign may also be faster than re-downloading the game...
  2. When I last played gear had Defense stats on it. Now it appears that gear has hero stats and the 4 things at the bottom are for defense. What I'm confused on is if all 4 things equal a total defense, or if it's for the specific defense it mentions. With it saying the name I think it's for the latter, but seeing as you can slot the blue things by clicking stuff, this may be the workaround and it goes by the former.
  3. Is there a collective newby guide somewhere for explaining all these new changes? I recall there was a glyph to make a monk's lightning aura just one huge nuke, which was great before it was "balanced", but are there things like that now that change the function of skills?

welcome back, glad to be of some help. Game changes a lot with each update, so you will have some unlearning and relearning to do. 

1. Multiplayer is controlled by whether or not you are playing a map as "private" or "public" and is not an option you choose from any menu or game mode per se. Right before you start a map, you should be given the option. I would focus mainly on finishing campaign - and you do not need multiplayer for that, but i know it is (or least was at one point) an option to play those maps as multiplayer. They are pretty easy in the long run though. once you get to the post-game, multiplayer will be much more important then - if you can ever find anyone to play with you. We all seem to solo A LOT in DD2. It's not like dd1 - there are no bonuses for more than 1 player, and actually the enemy stats get buffed for each additional p;layer. All penalty no bonus other than the help they actually provide. 
  2. Game is setup so that DPS and Build heroes are not as separate as in DD1 where you have to dedicate yourself to one or the other, and then all gear helps that cause. Most of DD2 is hybrid setups, but the hardcores still do dedicated builds for top levels in post-game. Relics control defense stats, gear controls hero stats. Neither gets stats for the other, so relics only have defense bonuses on them. The only thing in the game that mixes tower and hero stats are pets, and they are mostly useless right now. Shards (blue = hero shards, green = tower) took the place of gear passives, so now you can equip shards to relics and gear that either boost stats (recommended) or add passives to it. There is no "total defense" score or value per se, but each item doe shave a gear score (i.e. iPWR), and your combined gear score = your champion score (CS). Your CS determines what difficulty level (i.e. Chaos tiers) you are on. 
  3. in a word - no. Wiki will help you up to about pre-DEC 2017, but none of them are up to date. Best place to get help is here on the forums. But....we like to help, so ask away. No nuke shard fro the LSA that i am aware of, but that aura is still a massive boss killer in crit damage output. 

Hope that helps some. 

@Lawlta quote:

@quinn the wolf quote:

trendy, can you please read this https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152690/see-comment?scrollTo=1309523&page=2 link becouse there ae quite alot of people(including me)  that think the new reset system is ultramega superduper useless 

and alot of people came up whit ideas on how to make it better or more possible to get a stable game play whitout getting drained  empty of all the available in-game currency having to quit the game because (my opinion) upgrading shards is a real pain and (some other peoples opinion) that the loot reset is so time consuming that its almost impossible to get reliable stuff
(again my problem) i did 7 months of seemingly endless grinding to get max c7 loot and believe me i never was so addicted to a game then that 7 months meaning that you have to be an megaultra addict whitoud a life to get appealing stuff and playable gameplay

so please take the time and read it

We've known about this for quite a while and are actively working on improvements all around, Ancient Power being included. There aren't any concrete details we can share right now, but we made sure to include it in a post Elandrian made a few weeks ago.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! XD

the reset system isnt that useless but its just too hard and too long to achieve

i have 3 tips for improvments thoug

1 make minimum ascesion 2 per floor but make it so that it increases for every floor finnished above floor 65 (and not the levels you cleared already)
but after you reset you normaly have to progress back to that floor so i instead think its better to make it so every reset enables for an minimum ascesion increase

2 keep shards maxed (or atleast hyper shards) they are a pain to max out again

and 3 make it that the 5% boost for all 5 points in a perk (i take ancient destruction in count) to 10 % boost so it feels more whorth

why im saying this?

i did a reset and i WANTED to know whats best to improve

so here are my opinions ^^ thx for taking the time to read the other topic, it means alot to me and possibly other players 

@Jaws_420 quote:
  1.  No nuke shard fro the LSA that i am aware of, but that aura is still a massive boss killer in crit damage output. 

Ohohohoho, there is a passive that hasn't been turned to a shard yet. It's a Harbinger Passive. Really cool! I'm still waiting for that shard to come!

Here, check this out - This passives Makes the LSA do this :

Image result for dd2 harbinger fist

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:
  1.  No nuke shard fro the LSA that i am aware of, but that aura is still a massive boss killer in crit damage output. 

Ohohohoho, there is a passive that hasn't been turned to a shard yet. It's a Harbinger Passive. Really cool! I'm still waiting for that shard to come!

Here, check this out - This passives Makes the LSA do this :

Image result for dd2 harbinger fist

Oh, so like the Chi Stomp for the Monk, or a few of the passives for the Huntress - Geyser and BalzeB both have a shard that makes a big after effect attack occur. So the LSA used to have something like this? That is awesome. However, given how shards work right now, it will come down to the tireless battle of sacrificing key stats for a passive effect, and all too often the stats are simply too powerful to sacrifice. Like the Harpoon for Squire - so many really cool passives, but can you afford to drop even one metric to get them? 

I really wish the stats shards and the passives shards did not occupy the same slot. 

Thanks for the pic and info. You rock. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Oh, so like the Chi Stomp for the Monk, or a few of the passives for the Huntress - Geyser and BalzeB both have a shard that makes a big after effect attack occur. So the LSA used to have something like this? That is awesome. However, given how shards work right now, it will come down to the tireless battle of sacrificing key stats for a passive effect, and all too often the stats are simply too powerful to sacrifice. Like the Harpoon for Squire - so many really cool passives, but can you afford to drop even one metric to get them? 

I really wish the stats shards and the passives shards did not occupy the same slot. 

Thanks for the pic and info. You rock. 

Anytime :)

Yeah, definitely agree with that. You want your defense to do some cool stuff but ultimately you can't due to power and efficiency.

@Jaws_420 quote:

@danielmenezes quote:

My obelisk have barelly if not zero ascension spend on him and he has equipped a totem with 22925/ with vamp empowerment ,blasphemy and the god protection and in the tier 5 he reach 2,43m of smite dmg with the mystic active.

I use generally in a deadzone just because of the smite damage but if happens to one of those objectives get destroyed i usually place him to cover new entries since he has 7m of hp with totem at tier 5..When i use he is the first option to upgrade and if there is no critical zone i up to the tier 5.

Yes but the time of this bubble makes a lot of difference and should be tested too since this could plop before the shield got destroyed..Most of people that gone use him will use the mystic and for my understanding the shadowflame is the choosen one in terms of weapon for her especially now that you don't spend shard space with the passive..

I'm aware of those boost and because of them he is the most powerfull unit in this game (at least now) once you have the vampiric empowerment equiped in my opinion.The flying snakes are banned as others shards of the mystic like the snake bomb i believe.

I would like to make three other question which i don't know about it too..

The frostie power shard of frostbite tower is working( the one that pass his defense power)?I tested with fissure and placed towers  and the snaking sands in front of the frostbite and seems that is not giving any boost..

How can i know the amount of hp of mobs in certain stage/chaos lv..Any boss appears the hp so i should deduze that is what percentage of the boss in certain tier for normal mobs..

The last is about the sand viper.

I use a lot this unit and although is heavilly underused by others, with split viper he works if you don't place him as stab defense but as a support..The reason that doesn't work to hold by himself in my opinion is because there is a bug or maybe was something that was intended to be that make the sand viper not hit the same target of others sand viper.Doesn't matter if you have split viper or not, One sand viper wont hit the target of the other and doesn't matter if you place with two different heroes but i don't know about players..

Is kinda bizarre that one boss is passing throw the lane and a x amount of sand vipers are just watching while one attack him..This make drastically ineffective to use more than two or three in one area..The serpent coil also has this ''trait" but since this is a unit that usually everyone use one is almost irrelevant.

Is disapointing because without splitviper you can actually reach 1m base dmg with almost 3m crit in the tier 5 by using mass destruction vamp empowerment and power transfer with 50-60 asc point (22700 pow) with max range but the fact than have 0,60 rate make him so hard to actually reach the full cicle of 2x with a lot of defenses attacking simultaneously that is a waste in almost any situtation..If had the bee attack rate maybe would give the double of damage that does now but doesn't have. With split viper is better but you use a shard space with a lost of power included.This defense could actually compete against the bees if doesn't happens this lock thing.

This is a bug or was intended to happens with this defense?..I don't see anything in the description that says that should only attack one enemy each sand viper per time.

If it's why no one says anything to get fixed?

Wow, that is a lot of info, so i will try to answer what i can. 

Obelisk - is a tricky tower. I try not use mine as an actual barricade, so i put all my stats on it into Power myself. I use it as my "clean up the stragglers" tower, and to help block exposed anti-air defenses. The hard part of that tower is that you cannot force it to aim at anything specific (i.e. enemy right in front of it), so it can be somewhat unreliable in that sense. For me, it's only for support. I place it behind a barricade or next to one if there is a wide lane. I upgrade it once to get the shields, but do not rely on them. I prefer to shoot the enemy with a huntress from a distance, so i don't have as  much need for the shields - or fro them to be boosted. Destruction + Power Transfer or Vamp Emp. will make it a deadly tower of power. 

Mystic is not the most powerful Hero in the game, unless i missed something. Barbarian is the current melee and DPS champ, and Dryad is the best builder - from what most people use and think at least. 

The frostbite tower + frost power shard - i believe that the power increase happens around the enemy getting the beam, not proximity to the tower itself. I asked about this in another thread and it was never fully answered, so i am not sure, but from what i remember reading - when the beam hits an enemy, a frost cloud appears around them, and the towers withing that clouded area get the bonus. So it really only boosts your froward paced defenses then. I may be horribly wrong on this though. 

As to HP levels - well you can just play the map...not sure there is a way to see the actual HP levels beforehand. Maybe someone has a list somewhere. I'm just not sure how knowing this is much of an advantage. I make my towers as strong as they can be - and they are either tough enough to win or not. Knowing the numbers does not change anything in what i choose or use. Typically you have certain towers built up with better shards over other ones (and are leveled up fully) - and those are the best to use. 

Sand Viper - TBH this is not a top tier tower and i would move to something else. But hey, if it works for you and you like it - more power to you. If you make Separate  Mystics and specialize one for the Sand Viper and one for the Coil, and then use the shard that increases damage when a target is getting hit by both - you can really crank up the damage. These two rowers are meant for mass damage to a sole target though, not really crowd control. IDK if they are supposed to target more than one tower on a single unit or not. I really only ever use one a time if i do use them - which is not often. Monk auras work so very well for crowd control - the flame ones handle mobs, and the lightning one is a boss killer with massively high crit damage. Plus if i remember right, the split shard reduces the max damage they can do, which really hampers their ability to crank damage out. 

I only use my Mystic for her barricade. It is my favorite in the game. apart from putting a Obelisk down for clean-up support, i move to other heroes for better crowd control and boss damage. 

What you do is probably the right thing to do with the obelisk..I think that is a must if you are doing a map with a lot of mobs and a lot of lanes to have one.If you are doing a build that you are camping spam maybe doesn't worth.I would change the god protection and maybe even the blaphesmy but i'm short in shards and i'm far from have all the shards in units that will take a better use so PT and destruction is not a option for me right now with the obelisk.

The mystic may not be the best but at least for me is the most usefull of all, together with the gunwitch..The call to madness is simply the best to hold lines and this give you time to check other things in the mean time.I don't know how good the barbarian is because i don't have but if you are using him you probably need a source of heal and he only attacks at close range.The first wave is usually the most annoying for me to use the mystic but after i can keep the full appeasement she become unstopable.For me is not everything about damage but what you could do to help you defenses to hold the line.(That's why a lot of people force himself to use the dryad full time to improve her defenses)

If i'm understanding correctly the cloud will appear around the unit and the defense that hit the unit will have a bonus.If i'm right any defense that are in range of the enemy hitted by the frostbite utilize the bonus but if not it's only aura and trap that is around the cloud in that moment.I saw a few posts saying than frosty shard was good but is hard for me to drop the shard that freeze with 45%, the shard that allows to hit 2 enemies and deadly strike for a doubt.Maybe someday i test this shard.

In my opinion is a valuable info because with this and knowing the rate of your defenese and the speed of the enemy you can estimate the damage and if what you have is enough.Is probably a complicated math which i don't think that i would do but for me is more to do with curiosity.Probably the cap is around of 5m for the stronger ones because i can't see the critical of my bone archer that is 5,66m in the map.They probably are 1ko in that moment because i saw him hitting a skeleteon boss that had 8m and he sudenly got down to 2,m when he revive in the middle of the lane.

This game is somewhat unballanced in terms of usage of units.I don't see anyone using dummy, buff beam or harpy.The dummy and the beam should be replaced.Is mental that a robot doesn't have a type of defense that attacks with eletricity or something similar(Photon beam).The dummy should be replaced with something that have a bonus to kill those geodes(maybe a throwing hammer).Harpy just increase the damage in the burst if you cant fix the animation.

You probably are right because i do use constantly the mystic and i'm using the mass destruction with PT.The final stats at tier 5 are 690k with 1,94m and i have 54 asc expend with not full range.If i didn't use the mystic and the mass destruction would be lower and maybe ineffective.What makes good is the type of range, the price, the full effect even if there is geodes, flying and the fire rate.With split viper you could do a great damage if you have luck with rng very easilly.

I end matchs with more than 300m of damage with those towers always and this for me is a good cost efficiency if you have 100m per 10du.I understand the niche of mass damage without split viper but this would just appeal to me if i use in game ogre lanes and yes i use the serpent coil.Maybe if they had made the tower with 0,40 rate cap for ex but the split viper decrease the rate would be a good idea.The split reduces the damage.

I use fissures instead of flame auras and altough i don't know if is better the range and the fact of enable you to stack 4-5 in area easilly is good.Those auras are good but right now seems that appears a lot of cyborks and with fissure i can't use with them in the map.My fissure that goals in the front usually do 350m so if i use the sand viper and do similar amount considering the chance of criticals favor the fissure with numbers of enemies is a good thing.

The barricade is good and i use a lot but maybe the orc in boss lane could be better in terms of mana because of the eletric fingers.I can't use him because of asc points but is possible that in overall he perform just or better than viper fangs.

I will make a few question in another message because this post is way to extensive.If you have a reply about this place in the other one.

How long last the poison of the pdt right after the enemy get hit?

There is a problem with the return of yeti map in onslaught that seems to be very rare to appear? I only got him one time at the moment.I don't play a lot onslaught but this and the map from the incursion that you need to cleanse the spirits are kinda rare.

@danielmenezes quote:

What you do is probably the right thing to do with the obelisk..I think that is a must if you are doing a map with a lot of mobs and a lot of lanes to have one.If you are doing a build that you are camping spam maybe doesn't worth.I would change the god protection and maybe even the blaphesmy but i'm short in shards and i'm far from have all the shards in units that will take a better use so PT and destruction is not a option for me right now with the obelisk.

Honestly i only ever use it on maps way lower than my current level. On tough floors, i simply don'y have the spare DU for it. I'd much rather have one more Bee or Ramster than the Obelisk. On lower floors it's great to kill off enemies that i don't have to run around and find to kill, or something that may have got past my quickly erected defenses. On a tougher map i take care so that doe snot happen - as best as i can though. 

Keep in mind that Destruction is only a C1 shard, so very easy to farm those. Spend some serious time farming shards. You will need a decent handful of Power Transfers, Deadly Strikes, Vampyric Empowerment, and Crit Damage/Destruction/Fortification to ensure your full tower options are all up to speed. 

That all said - there is no "right way" per se. If you use it, and it works for you - GO FOR IT!!!!! 

The mystic may not be the best but at least for me is the most usefull of all, together with the gunwitch..The call to madness is simply the best to hold lines and this give you time to check other things in the mean time.I don't know how good the barbarian is because i don't have but if you are using him you probably need a source of heal and he only attacks at close range.The first wave is usually the most annoying for me to use the mystic but after i can keep the full appeasement she become unstopable.For me is not everything about damage but what you could do to help you defenses to hold the line.(That's why a lot of people force himself to use the dryad full time to improve her defenses)

You can use any hero. Best is subjective - i am just speaking in terms of what i see on the forums and popular opinion. I also like the Mystic a lot, and she was my first hero i bought. Her barricade is my top one and the one i use in all my builds. the bubble effect helps keep your front lines safe very well, and its size helps top physically block lanes good too. GunWitch is the only hero i do not have yet, and i am inching to by her. Barbarian is a massive DPS hero, and has self heal ability, so he is a force. If you need a DPS hero - get him!!!!! He can basically hold a lane by himself. Will most likely get nerfed later, so enjoy him in his full OP-ness while it lasts. 

First round - it all depends on your setup. Given the focus its sounds like you put on single attacking towers, that may be your issue. Consider putting other towers down for the first round that crowd control better, and then swap them out for your upgraded single towers in a latter wave. Just a thought. I really like all of the Monk auras. Apart from Cyborcs, they decimate almost everything in the game. Flame auras attack up to 8 units at once, and the lightning ones have insanely high rate of damage, so they are great boss killers. I just spam auras down the lane, and most things are dead long before they ever even see my barricade. 

Dryad - people use her because her towers are denoted as traps, which enable them to avoid attacks form most units, and thereby no need to worry about health. The other factor is the AP reset system. Once you reset, all shard progress is reset, and the amount of gold it takes to get it all back is extremely high. To counter that, many people use as few units as possible for builds, so that much less $$$ needed. Dryad represents a one-stop shop when it comes to tower needs, that almost no other hero can as easily provide, or at least as cheaply when stuck in the AP reset loop. 

If i'm understanding correctly the cloud will appear around the unit and the defense that hit the unit will have a bonus.If i'm right any defense that are in range of the enemy hitted by the frostbite utilize the bonus but if not it's only aura and trap that is around the cloud in that moment.I saw a few posts saying than frosty shard was good but is hard for me to drop the shard that freeze with 45%, the shard that allows to hit 2 enemies and deadly strike for a doubt.Maybe someday i test this shard.

In my opinion is a valuable info because with this and knowing the rate of your defenese and the speed of the enemy you can estimate the damage and if what you have is enough.Is probably a complicated math which i don't think that i would do but for me is more to do with curiosity.Probably the cap is around of 5m for the stronger ones because i can't see the critical of my bone archer that is 5,66m in the map.They probably are 1ko in that moment because i saw him hitting a skeleteon boss that had 8m and he sudenly got down to 2,m when he revive in the middle of the lane.

I don't want to speak too much on this one as i have not tested it myself. For the most part, all of the towers and shards that boost others are not used by most upper floor players that i have seen in their builds. The bonus you get just pails in the end as compared to the additional damage you would get from one more damage dealing tower instead. I never use Frosty Power, so i not not up on its idiosyncrasies. If it works as i have read - aura around the enemy, then it will only help your forward placed defenses, so not much good if you use towers placed behind your barricade at all. I only use frost towers at all when i have a Phased lane in Onslaught (or wall leach, or Vampire). 

I don't think their is a damage cap that i am aware of. Through shards, boosts (from heroes and towers), and AP you can crank the damage pretty high. My LSA without any upgrades does around 5M damage with full C7 gear. Fully upgraded alone is in double digits easily, not counting boosts and any AP possible bonuses. 

This game is somewhat unballanced in terms of usage of units.I don't see anyone using dummy, buff beam or harpy.The dummy and the beam should be replaced.Is mental that a robot doesn't have a type of defense that attacks with eletricity or something similar(Photon beam).The dummy should be replaced with something that have a bonus to kill those geodes(maybe a throwing hammer).Harpy just increase the damage in the burst if you cant fix the animation.

You probably are right because i do use constantly the mystic and i'm using the mass destruction with PT.The final stats at tier 5 are 690k with 1,94m and i have 54 asc expend with not full range.If i didn't use the mystic and the mass destruction would be lower and maybe ineffective.What makes good is the type of range, the price, the full effect even if there is geodes, flying and the fire rate.With split viper you could do a great damage if you have luck with rng very easilly.

I end matchs with more than 300m of damage with those towers always and this for me is a good cost efficiency if you have 100m per 10du.I understand the niche of mass damage without split viper but this would just appeal to me if i use in game ogre lanes and yes i use the serpent coil.Maybe if they had made the tower with 0,40 rate cap for ex but the split viper decrease the rate would be a good idea.The split reduces the damage.

well balance is a subjective notion, as some feel certain towers or heroes are way too under or over their capabilities. There is a lot of talk on the forums about trying to find that balance, and what that balance would then be. There will always be those who will disagree with you though. Having said that though, there are a lot of towers that are currently under performing in the game. Dummy and Harpy are on that list BTW. 

To get the full value out of any defense, you need to specialize a hero, meaning you drive all Ascension points into a single category to max the stats. So if you wanted to use Mystic well, you would need like 5 of her, one for each of her towers (i do not recommend that though). Also, added to that - each hero seems to have at least 1 defense that is considered good and something that most end-game players use, while the rest is basically junk. Again, there is some gray area to this, but some are universally agreed upon. If you have a bunch of heroes, you can specialize each one on a specific tower, and bwteen your full deck you will have enough super powered towers to build your defense. 

For instance, i build Mystic Viper Fangs as my barricades, use 3 Monks to put down my flame auras, lightning auras, and then the Sky Guard. Then i may pull out the Abyss Lord and throw down a Ramster, or a Squire Cannonball. Each hero is specialized to that one tower, and does not build anything apart from the one. 

I use fissures instead of flame auras and altough i don't know if is better the range and the fact of enable you to stack 4-5 in area easilly is good.Those auras are good but right now seems that appears a lot of cyborks and with fissure i can't use with them in the map.My fissure that goals in the front usually do 350m so if i use the sand viper and do similar amount considering the chance of criticals favor the fissure with numbers of enemies is a good thing.

The barricade is good and i use a lot but maybe the orc in boss lane could be better in terms of mana because of the eletric fingers.I can't use him because of asc points but is possible that in overall he perform just or better than viper fangs.

I will make a few question in another message because this post is way to extensive.If you have a reply about this place in the other one. 

Both are kind of the same really. In fact you could have both down overlapping, so no need to choose one over the other. 

With Cyborcs, towers with Deadly Strikes in them are a great help. Being able to kill them outside of their attack range is key. Plus i just learned that Cyborcs do not aggro towers at all, so that also makes them very valuable against them. Flame throwers are another common tactic against them. Honestly though, you may want to bite the bullet and just buy the Dryad as your next hero. Her bees are a great Cy counter. 

Take a look at the monk LSA. I think it may be a good replacement for your Viper setup. The LSA has no direction to it, covers more range, and is only 20 DU. I put one in front of every barricade and it decimates most bosses. Put all damage into crit. Very powerful option. Or...use both!!!! Instead of all one or the other, mix things up. One key though - be careful of using too many fun/passive shards, as the ones that increase rate, range, power, life, crit are all so powerful, that any other shard needs to be incredibly important for you to sub it out in their place. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Honestly i only ever use it on maps way lower than my current level. On tough floors, i simply don'y have the spare DU for it. I'd much rather have one more Bee or Ramster than the Obelisk. On lower floors it's great to kill off enemies that i don't have to run around and find to kill, or something that may have got past my quickly erected defenses. On a tougher map i take care so that doe snot happen - as best as i can though. 

Keep in mind that Destruction is only a C1 shard, so very easy to farm those. Spend some serious time farming shards. You will need a decent handful of Power Transfers, Deadly Strikes, Vampyric Empowerment, and Crit Damage/Destruction/Fortification to ensure your full tower options are all up to speed. 

That all said - there is no "right way" per se. If you use it, and it works for you - GO FOR IT!!!!! 

What is the important is the security rather than damage but since you can't track what all defenses are doing in the map a unit that can hit everything is good.With maps like the demon's lair that appears a lot of enemies in cicles maybe even the volcano worth the du since the unit always gonna hit something and finish with a insane damage output.You can hit a unit with 100k left a boss or sneaky lady orc that could destroy the gem.Which turns to luck everything.

Out of those shards the one that i'm looking are the deadly , Vamp and PT.I'm doing currently the c5 when i have the time and pacience.I have 5PT and Vamp and 6 deadly strikes.I imagine that 10 of those three would be a good number which would give me a good selection and if happens to pick one of those i would still have use altough 8 would be ok.The system of  pack shards in this game is unreward and i could very well spend 8 hours optimistically trying to reach this number.(10 gold for a discard in a shard is a joke).

First round - it all depends on your setup. Given the focus its sounds like you put on single attacking towers, that may be your issue. Consider putting other towers down for the first round that crowd control better, and then swap them out for your upgraded single towers in a latter wave. Just a thought. I really like all of the Monk auras. Apart from Cyborcs, they decimate almost everything in the game. Flame auras attack up to 8 units at once, and the lightning ones have insanely high rate of damage, so they are great boss killers. I just spam auras down the lane, and most things are dead long before they ever even see my barricade. 

Dryad - people use her because her towers are denoted as traps, which enable them to avoid attacks form most units, and thereby no need to worry about health. The other factor is the AP reset system. Once you reset, all shard progress is reset, and the amount of gold it takes to get it all back is extremely high. To counter that, many people use as few units as possible for builds, so that much less $$$ needed. Dryad represents a one-stop shop when it comes to tower needs, that almost no other hero can as easily provide, or at least as cheaply when stuck in the AP reset loop. 

I don't rework any build especially in large maps but maybe is a good option.I don't really emphasize single target tower as i try to use what i think that works.I use the fissure which is a aura sometimes even with cyborks but seems that appears cyborks in more than half of the lanes.Is a hard call to place a lot of auras with enemies that have high hp if you have a tower that can track them all the way to the blockade but with weak ones is always better aura.

The main reason is not praticity with low cost to upgrade from ancient power system or no health issues but those defenses are traps that have range and interact with the corruption form.The slime pit over perform everything if is placed in a lane with a good amount of enemies.There is no other heroes that can do the same alone like the dryad.Some lack aura types other flying killers and other single target damage or blockade.

well balance is a subjective notion, as some feel certain towers or heroes are way too under or over their capabilities. There is a lot of talk on the forums about trying to find that balance, and what that balance would then be. There will always be those who will disagree with you though. Having said that though, there are a lot of towers that are currently under performing in the game. Dummy and Harpy are on that list BTW. 

To get the full value out of any defense, you need to specialize a hero, meaning you drive all Ascension points into a single category to max the stats. So if you wanted to use Mystic well, you would need like 5 of her, one for each of her towers (i do not recommend that though). Also, added to that - each hero seems to have at least 1 defense that is considered good and something that most end-game players use, while the rest is basically junk. Again, there is some gray area to this, but some are universally agreed upon. If you have a bunch of heroes, you can specialize each one on a specific tower, and bwteen your full deck you will have enough super powered towers to build your defense. 

For instance, i build Mystic Viper Fangs as my barricades, use 3 Monks to put down my flame auras, lightning auras, and then the Sky Guard. Then i may pull out the Abyss Lord and throw down a Ramster, or a Squire Cannonball. Each hero is specialized to that one tower, and does not build anything apart from the one. 

Ballance is hard to reach or get accepted by many.The thing that shouldn't happen is defenses without a real reason to be used.Geyser trap is a example of that.Unless you spawn right in front of the lane you won't get much out of this trap.The lady orc is a nuisance but is not enough to justify use the geyser for it.If in this game had a unit that is so strong that use a geyser trap is a good option to really hold would be reasonable.I don't like the idea of everything getting uniform but something cannot do everything better than a defense with the same cost and tier.If geyser trap was 20du would be another talk.

I understand this but the problem is that have slot for each defense cost use of cards.I think that you get most out by using a hero for 2 defenses but still comes to the problem of constantly changing heroes to use a certain defenses.This take a lot of time and if you don't have everything set in your mind is even worse.The developers should do something that allow to change heroes more easilly in the build phase to avoid unecessary brakes.

Both are kind of the same really. In fact you could have both down overlapping, so no need to choose one over the other. 

With Cyborcs, towers with Deadly Strikes in them are a great help. Being able to kill them outside of their attack range is key. Plus i just learned that Cyborcs do not aggro towers at all, so that also makes them very valuable against them. Flame throwers are another common tactic against them. Honestly though, you may want to bite the bullet and just buy the Dryad as your next hero. Her bees are a great Cy counter. 

Take a look at the monk LSA. I think it may be a good replacement for your Viper setup. The LSA has no direction to it, covers more range, and is only 20 DU. I put one in front of every barricade and it decimates most bosses. Put all damage into crit. Very powerful option. Or...use both!!!! Instead of all one or the other, mix things up. One key though - be careful of using too many fun/passive shards, as the ones that increase rate, range, power, life, crit are all so powerful, that any other shard needs to be incredibly important for you to sub it out in their place. 

The fissure seems to have a better stats in attack and critical but has lower dps..Since i don't know how it works dps with defenses or the real effect i can't say if it's better or worse.In the end to use two of the same you gonna need two everything(shards,relics).

A poison dart and ramster together seems good with cyborks since they gonna take damage over time.The problem is always placement.The bees is sudden death and with one cybork coming is ok with 3 bees but 6-7 you gonna need help if they are able to disrupt. 

I made a build in the tavern and tested the light aura and i get 1,840m with 11,3m crit with 0ap 3range points and 20,6 medallion at tier 5.I used in game for the ch7 a much lower with 1m and 4mcrit stats because i can't afford to use the shards that i used in tavern and seems good.Ch7 you can place freely traps and since he attacks flyers was more noticeable the difference.I felt a impact with the du that i had to invest in other things.Just seeing in onslaught with limitations of lanes and cyborks to really test.I don't use it but the explosive trap has the same or better potential since you can effectivelly hit more units and with luck on fire effect wreck thing if it's in a good spot.I probably could use the Aura if i don't mind with change of heroes.

i just started playing this game and i can only play the 3 first map do i need to buy the game or do i need to do something else?

@kinro quote:

i just started playing this game and i can only play the 3 first map do i need to buy the game or do i need to do something else?

Is there not an additional map available after beating the third map?

@kinro quote:

Welcome to Dungeon Defenders Kinro!

When you start off playing Dungeon Defenders, not all the maps will be unlocked. You will need to play through the campaign and this will start to unlock more maps for you as you clear them on the campaign.

Hi, i have a question about loot chests. What determents if i get a golden one or a wooden one? I just can't find out what it depens on. Also besides legendary loot is the also more gold in legendary chests?

@Brighthawk quote:

Hi, i have a question about loot chests. What determents if i get a golden one or a wooden one? I just can't find out what it depens on. Also besides legendary loot is the also more gold in legendary chests?

RNG is your answer. That is what decides. How good or bad you do has nothing to do with what kind of victory chest you get.

TCPOP (Take Care Peace Out Peeps)

Hello, I'm currently enjoying the all of modes available in the game at the moment.  I'm positioning myself to begin the ascension reset process for the first time.   Something I've noticed was that ascension benefits are calculated based on ascension level and the highest floor completed within Onslaught.   If I'm correct on how ascension is calculated, what happens to the rewarded ascension points granted to a player when completing Masteries?  Are they lost?

@Lagmonster quote:

Ascension no matter how you've earned it gets reset to your minimum.

Well if that is the case, that is exactly my point.  Why would there be a bonus feature in the game and then it be taken away?  It's not like we can regain those mastery rewards.  It seems like something that should be fixed.

Mastery you gain stars for completed content these never go.

Ascension is gained after hitting lvl50 and these ascension points can be reset if you choose to reset for ancient power buffs. The further you go past floor 65 the higher your new base ascension will be if you reset.

The choice is yours.

@Fozzie quote:

Ascension is gained after hitting lvl50 and these ascension points can be reset if you choose to reset for ancient power buffs. The further you go past floor 65 the higher your new base ascension will be if you reset.

The choice is yours.

In master you gain stars.  Those stars are to track progress and eventually earn rewards.  Some of those rewards are hypershards. You also earn bonus ascension points while progressing through this game mode.

@Manifestus quote:

@Fozzie quote:

The choice is yours.

In master you gain stars.  Those stars are to track progress and eventually earn rewards.  Some of those rewards are hypershards. You also earn bonus ascension points while progressing through this game mode.

The Prized rewards for Mastery are Hyper Shards, flairs, and Golden Pets. The rest, I think, is just bonus.

Hello everyone,

Last weekend I had to re-install DD2 and kinda make a clean start on my laptop. So I re-installed steam and DD2. But now the takes way longer to login to playverse and to join games. Even things such as being invited to a party takes a minute before i'm in the party.

Any suggestions?