I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

Did i miss something or do they plan to let the game die before doing something about the 3 maps onslaught ?

@Raneca quote:

Did i miss something or do they plan to let the game die before doing something about the 3 maps onslaught ?

DEV have said that something is in the works. We don't know much more than that currently. Next big update we hope to see something changed in that system. Who knows what that change will be, and how we will feel about it. Fingers crossed!!!! 

I'm just really sad seeing them make little bug updates while i've been waiting since mid december for any kind of improvement on onslaught 

@Raneca quote:

I'm just really sad seeing them make little bug updates while i've been waiting since mid december for any kind of improvement on onslaught 

very true, but a lot of people have been furious about the amount of bugs that have not been fixed as well. Getting a large handful of these out of the way should hopefully clear the path for them to work on something bigger, like an Onslaught and POTA overhaul. Time will tell. I know patience is thin with many players. It would be a good idea for TE to share what they are working on and when they plan on releasing it - as that may keep some players around. Then again, if you are that close to the edge, its unlikely any update will truly bring you back. Play something that makes you smile. 

@adobomovie quote:

i have question  plz tell me about this game

sure....can you be just a tad more specific? What do you want to know? Give you my basic rundown. 

The game is a hybrid of a tower defense game and an OTS shooter/fighter game. Spawn points release waves of enemies that you must defend your base from. You build towers to stop them, and then can also run around and fight enemies as well. That is the basic gist, but with all the RPG elements involved in the game, it has a huge amount of depth and customization from there. The end game is huge. Lots of items, pets, and weapons drop to collect. 

If you were ever the type who played a Final Fantasy like game and was willing to run around in circles for hours just get one kind of drop, then you will love this game. It's more than that, but this kind of game appeals to a certain kind of OCD, one which I totally have. Grinders, collectors, and people who love strategy. 

Hope that helps. 

@Raycharles15 quote:

Is the shard power pylon still with in the chaos 7 shard pack or did it get removed in the past.

Power Pylon's introduced at the Spring Forward update, where Chaos VI and VII are introduced.

Patch 19.5 is where a bunch of shards were removed. It is the only patch that removes shards. Spring Forward update came way after that patch.

you have to have four heroes at level 50. Since your on-hand deck holds 4, you just need to ensure to make four of them and have them all in your deck. All 4 gain XP equally when in your deck as you play the game. Just play through campaign and near the end you should be level 50 on all 4. 

trendy, can you please read this https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152690/see-comment?scrollTo=1309523&page=2 link becouse there ae quite alot of people(including me)  that think the new reset system is ultramega superduper useless 

and alot of people came up whit ideas on how to make it better or more possible to get a stable game play whitout getting drained  empty of all the available in-game currency having to quit the game because (my opinion) upgrading shards is a real pain and (some other peoples opinion) that the loot reset is so time consuming that its almost impossible to get reliable stuff
(again my problem) i did 7 months of seemingly endless grinding to get max c7 loot and believe me i never was so addicted to a game then that 7 months meaning that you have to be an megaultra addict whitoud a life to get appealing stuff and playable gameplay

so please take the time and read it

@quinn the wolf quote:

trendy, can you please read this https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/152690/see-comment?scrollTo=1309523&page=2 link becouse there ae quite alot of people(including me)  that think the new reset system is ultramega superduper useless 

and alot of people came up whit ideas on how to make it better or more possible to get a stable game play whitout getting drained  empty of all the available in-game currency having to quit the game because (my opinion) upgrading shards is a real pain and (some other peoples opinion) that the loot reset is so time consuming that its almost impossible to get reliable stuff
(again my problem) i did 7 months of seemingly endless grinding to get max c7 loot and believe me i never was so addicted to a game then that 7 months meaning that you have to be an megaultra addict whitoud a life to get appealing stuff and playable gameplay

so please take the time and read it

We've known about this for quite a while and are actively working on improvements all around, Ancient Power being included. There aren't any concrete details we can share right now, but we made sure to include it in a post Elandrian made a few weeks ago.

Is reseting worth it? Please explain in detail. I've read alot of negatives. Ive just hit lv200 and with the new power system im sitting at 5k. Wanna know what to do really with my time.

If you decide to prestige the first thing that I highly recommend is to raise your minimum Ascension by pushing floors in onslaught. With c7 gear, many characters and shards you should be able to solo to lvl 100 with relative ease. Doing this will save you a lot of time farming exp for your next prestige. I havnt played the new patch much if at all so I don't know much of the changes but in 2.0 if you could get to a minimum Ascension of around 170. By the time you hit floor 65 you already would have your 250 levels for the next prestige. The exp and gold bonus don't really start making a noticeable difference untill you prestige a few times. The way I see it is the real advantage of prestiging is the talent cap increases. But there is a down side. It does take a little time to get back to where you were before. I started prestiging with an Ascension level of almost 1200. So to regain this points that's alot of games to be played. Now if you have enough character slots you don't need to get an insanely high Ascension just about 600 or so to get your ponts back to 140 with range speed and all .

Alright i'm currently testing a few things regarding wrath generation. Without revealing too much, is it possible that "projectile percentage" changes resource generation or that axe 'types' have a hidden resource gain modifier? Or could it be the element?

Outside of element and projectile percentage the weapons are equal but the resource generation is consistently different depending on which slot they are in.

Edit: read a on going thread, what i thought was chance of projectiles is actually an attack speed of the weapon.

Send more axes please.

@danielmenezes quote:

What the obelisk shield shard actually do as a bonus?They increase the smite damage or his resistance against attacks?

Good question. I have been asking for a long time for a breakdown of all of the Obelisk details to be explained, and i have yet to see it all fully done yet. My interpretation of that shard is that once you build the Obelisk and upgrade it at least once - it begins to randomly put a pink/purple shield around the heroes on the map; the shard in question then increases the health of that applied shield by 10-70%. I do not believe that it changes any stats on the tower itself. Sounds like we need to test it though to be sure. 

If anyone knows differently - please correct me. 

@Jaws_420 quote:
@danielmenezes quote:

What the obelisk shield shard actually do as a bonus?They increase the smite damage or his resistance against attacks?

Good question. I have been asking for a long time for a breakdown of all of the Obelisk details to be explained, and i have yet to see it all fully done yet. My interpretation of that shard is that once you build the Obelisk and upgrade it at least once - it begins to randomly put a pink/purple shield around the heroes on the map; the shard in question then increases the health of that applied shield by 10-70%. I do not believe that it changes any stats on the tower itself. Sounds like we need to test it though to be sure. 

If anyone knows differently - please correct me. 

Thank you for the answer..I don't know anything about the purple bubble giving a protection against attacks and if this happens we could test this in game.

Taking this in consideration i don't think that worth using in your obelisk since the time which this bubble last are small and when you have vamp empowerment, the blasphemy shard and you could use a shard to boost his power or automation seems that you are wasting a shard space.

@danielmenezes quote:

Thank you for the answer..I don't know anything about the purple bubble giving a protection against attacks and if this happens we could test this in game.

Taking this in consideration i don't think that worth using in your obelisk since the time which this bubble last are small and when you have vamp empowerment, the blasphemy shard and you could use a shard to boost his power or automation seems that you are wasting a shard space.

Very true. It all depends on what you are using the tower for. Right i know i just use it to boost air lanes and clean up stragglers, so i don't mind using a slot for the shields. It really helps if your primary DPS hero is a melee fighter. But agreed - shard slots are precious and using anything other than power/rate/range/HP is kind of silly. 

Hard to test the bubble - as it does not list the HP value of it, so not sure how you would test it with any accuracy. 

Obelisk does more too - raise hero stats, bubble enemies, smite damage, and i believe it also transforms enemies as well. One shard also adds flying snakes to it. You can also use it as a barricade on levels that don't allow barricades. Depending on which part interests you - you could spec it out to specialize in that area. And if you want more than 1 of them, build more Mystics. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

@danielmenezes quote:

Very true. It all depends on what you are using the tower for. Right i know i just use it to boost air lanes and clean up stragglers, so i don't mind using a slot for the shields. It really helps if your primary DPS hero is a melee fighter. But agreed - shard slots are precious and using anything other than power/rate/range/HP is kind of silly. 

Hard to test the bubble - as it does not list the HP value of it, so not sure how you would test it with any accuracy. 

Obelisk does more too - raise hero stats, bubble enemies, smite damage, and i believe it also transforms enemies as well. One shard also adds flying snakes to it. You can also use it as a barricade on levels that don't allow barricades. Depending on which part interests you - you could spec it out to specialize in that area. And if you want more than 1 of them, build more Mystics. 

My obelisk have barelly if not zero ascension spend on him and he has equipped a totem with 22925/ with vamp empowerment ,blasphemy and the god protection and in the tier 5 he reach 2,43m of smite dmg with the mystic active.

I use generally in a deadzone just because of the smite damage but if happens to one of those objectives get destroyed i usually place him to cover new entries since he has 7m of hp with totem at tier 5..When i use he is the first option to upgrade and if there is no critical zone i up to the tier 5.

Yes but the time of this bubble makes a lot of difference and should be tested too since this could plop before the shield got destroyed..Most of people that gone use him will use the mystic and for my understanding the shadowflame is the choosen one in terms of weapon for her especially now that you don't spend shard space with the passive..

I'm aware of those boost and because of them he is the most powerfull unit in this game (at least now) once you have the vampiric empowerment equiped in my opinion.The flying snakes are banned as others shards of the mystic like the snake bomb i believe.

I would like to make three other question which i don't know about it too..

The frostie power shard of frostbite tower is working( the one that pass his defense power)?I tested with fissure and placed towers  and the snaking sands in front of the frostbite and seems that is not giving any boost..

How can i know the amount of hp of mobs in certain stage/chaos lv..Any boss appears the hp so i should deduze that is what percentage of the boss in certain tier for normal mobs..

The last is about the sand viper.

I use a lot this unit and although is heavilly underused by others, with split viper he works if you don't place him as stab defense but as a support..The reason that doesn't work to hold by himself in my opinion is because there is a bug or maybe was something that was intended to be that make the sand viper not hit the same target of others sand viper.Doesn't matter if you have split viper or not, One sand viper wont hit the target of the other and doesn't matter if you place with two different heroes but i don't know about players..

Is kinda bizarre that one boss is passing throw the lane and a x amount of sand vipers are just watching while one attack him..This make drastically ineffective to use more than two or three in one area..The serpent coil also has this ''trait" but since this is a unit that usually everyone use one is almost irrelevant.

Is disapointing because without splitviper you can actually reach 1m base dmg with almost 3m crit in the tier 5 by using mass destruction vamp empowerment and power transfer with 50-60 asc point (22700 pow) with max range but the fact than have 0,60 rate make him so hard to actually reach the full cicle of 2x with a lot of defenses attacking simultaneously that is a waste in almost any situtation..If had the bee attack rate maybe would give the double of damage that does now but doesn't have. With split viper is better but you use a shard space with a lost of power included.This defense could actually compete against the bees if doesn't happens this lock thing.

This is a bug or was intended to happens with this defense?..I don't see anything in the description that says that should only attack one enemy each sand viper per time.

If it's why no one says anything to get fixed?

@danielmenezes quote:

My obelisk have barelly if not zero ascension spend on him and he has equipped a totem with 22925/ with vamp empowerment ,blasphemy and the god protection and in the tier 5 he reach 2,43m of smite dmg with the mystic active.

I use generally in a deadzone just because of the smite damage but if happens to one of those objectives get destroyed i usually place him to cover new entries since he has 7m of hp with totem at tier 5..When i use he is the first option to upgrade and if there is no critical zone i up to the tier 5.

Yes but the time of this bubble makes a lot of difference and should be tested too since this could plop before the shield got destroyed..Most of people that gone use him will use the mystic and for my understanding the shadowflame is the choosen one in terms of weapon for her especially now that you don't spend shard space with the passive..

I'm aware of those boost and because of them he is the most powerfull unit in this game (at least now) once you have the vampiric empowerment equiped in my opinion.The flying snakes are banned as others shards of the mystic like the snake bomb i believe.

I would like to make three other question which i don't know about it too..

The frostie power shard of frostbite tower is working( the one that pass his defense power)?I tested with fissure and placed towers  and the snaking sands in front of the frostbite and seems that is not giving any boost..

How can i know the amount of hp of mobs in certain stage/chaos lv..Any boss appears the hp so i should deduze that is what percentage of the boss in certain tier for normal mobs..

The last is about the sand viper.

I use a lot this unit and although is heavilly underused by others, with split viper he works if you don't place him as stab defense but as a support..The reason that doesn't work to hold by himself in my opinion is because there is a bug or maybe was something that was intended to be that make the sand viper not hit the same target of others sand viper.Doesn't matter if you have split viper or not, One sand viper wont hit the target of the other and doesn't matter if you place with two different heroes but i don't know about players..

Is kinda bizarre that one boss is passing throw the lane and a x amount of sand vipers are just watching while one attack him..This make drastically ineffective to use more than two or three in one area..The serpent coil also has this ''trait" but since this is a unit that usually everyone use one is almost irrelevant.

Is disapointing because without splitviper you can actually reach 1m base dmg with almost 3m crit in the tier 5 by using mass destruction vamp empowerment and power transfer with 50-60 asc point (22700 pow) with max range but the fact than have 0,60 rate make him so hard to actually reach the full cicle of 2x with a lot of defenses attacking simultaneously that is a waste in almost any situtation..If had the bee attack rate maybe would give the double of damage that does now but doesn't have. With split viper is better but you use a shard space with a lost of power included.This defense could actually compete against the bees if doesn't happens this lock thing.

This is a bug or was intended to happens with this defense?..I don't see anything in the description that says that should only attack one enemy each sand viper per time.

If it's why no one says anything to get fixed?

Wow, that is a lot of info, so i will try to answer what i can. 

Obelisk - is a tricky tower. I try not use mine as an actual barricade, so i put all my stats on it into Power myself. I use it as my "clean up the stragglers" tower, and to help block exposed anti-air defenses. The hard part of that tower is that you cannot force it to aim at anything specific (i.e. enemy right in front of it), so it can be somewhat unreliable in that sense. For me, it's only for support. I place it behind a barricade or next to one if there is a wide lane. I upgrade it once to get the shields, but do not rely on them. I prefer to shoot the enemy with a huntress from a distance, so i don't have as  much need for the shields - or fro them to be boosted. Destruction + Power Transfer or Vamp Emp. will make it a deadly tower of power. 

Mystic is not the most powerful Hero in the game, unless i missed something. Barbarian is the current melee and DPS champ, and Dryad is the best builder - from what most people use and think at least. 

The frostbite tower + frost power shard - i believe that the power increase happens around the enemy getting the beam, not proximity to the tower itself. I asked about this in another thread and it was never fully answered, so i am not sure, but from what i remember reading - when the beam hits an enemy, a frost cloud appears around them, and the towers withing that clouded area get the bonus. So it really only boosts your froward paced defenses then. I may be horribly wrong on this though. 

As to HP levels - well you can just play the map...not sure there is a way to see the actual HP levels beforehand. Maybe someone has a list somewhere. I'm just not sure how knowing this is much of an advantage. I make my towers as strong as they can be - and they are either tough enough to win or not. Knowing the numbers does not change anything in what i choose or use. Typically you have certain towers built up with better shards over other ones (and are leveled up fully) - and those are the best to use. 

Sand Viper - TBH this is not a top tier tower and i would move to something else. But hey, if it works for you and you like it - more power to you. If you make Separate  Mystics and specialize one for the Sand Viper and one for the Coil, and then use the shard that increases damage when a target is getting hit by both - you can really crank up the damage. These two rowers are meant for mass damage to a sole target though, not really crowd control. IDK if they are supposed to target more than one tower on a single unit or not. I really only ever use one a time if i do use them - which is not often. Monk auras work so very well for crowd control - the flame ones handle mobs, and the lightning one is a boss killer with massively high crit damage. Plus if i remember right, the split shard reduces the max damage they can do, which really hampers their ability to crank damage out. 

I only use my Mystic for her barricade. It is my favorite in the game. apart from putting a Obelisk down for clean-up support, i move to other heroes for better crowd control and boss damage. 

I played a lot of DD1 and played some DD2 on PC and then stopped for the PS4 beta. Quit and now I'm back and completely confused. I guess I'm back to being a noob. I can only go up, I guess. I have a few questions, and I'm pretty sure they are obvious to some of you, and that's OK. I'll keep the questions short. So, for the PS4 console my questions are as follows...

1. When I first downloaded the game it asked for multiplayer or solo and the rest would be downloaded afterwards. Anyways, I'm still going through the campaign and only "Continue Campaign" is available at the start screen. Join Tavern and the other choice is greyed out. If I delete the game and re-download picking "multiplayer" this time will that fix it? Leaving the game brings me to a lobby which is a workaround, but optimal. Finishing the campaign may also be faster than re-downloading the game...
  2. When I last played gear had Defense stats on it. Now it appears that gear has hero stats and the 4 things at the bottom are for defense. What I'm confused on is if all 4 things equal a total defense, or if it's for the specific defense it mentions. With it saying the name I think it's for the latter, but seeing as you can slot the blue things by clicking stuff, this may be the workaround and it goes by the former.
  3. Is there a collective newby guide somewhere for explaining all these new changes? I recall there was a glyph to make a monk's lightning aura just one huge nuke, which was great before it was "balanced", but are there things like that now that change the function of skills?

@Happy Frisbees quote:

I played a lot of DD1 and played some DD2 on PC and then stopped for the PS4 beta. Quit and now I'm back and completely confused. I guess I'm back to being a noob. I can only go up, I guess. I have a few questions, and I'm pretty sure they are obvious to some of you, and that's OK. I'll keep the questions short. So, for the PS4 console my questions are as follows...

1. When I first downloaded the game it asked for multiplayer or solo and the rest would be downloaded afterwards. Anyways, I'm still going through the campaign and only "Continue Campaign" is available at the start screen. Join Tavern and the other choice is greyed out. If I delete the game and re-download picking "multiplayer" this time will that fix it? Leaving the game brings me to a lobby which is a workaround, but optimal. Finishing the campaign may also be faster than re-downloading the game...
  2. When I last played gear had Defense stats on it. Now it appears that gear has hero stats and the 4 things at the bottom are for defense. What I'm confused on is if all 4 things equal a total defense, or if it's for the specific defense it mentions. With it saying the name I think it's for the latter, but seeing as you can slot the blue things by clicking stuff, this may be the workaround and it goes by the former.
  3. Is there a collective newby guide somewhere for explaining all these new changes? I recall there was a glyph to make a monk's lightning aura just one huge nuke, which was great before it was "balanced", but are there things like that now that change the function of skills?

1. I would suggest finishing the campaign first. The campaign is just the beginning.

2. Now hero gear, just gives hero stats. While relics gives defense stats. Heroes are hybrid now. They can now do dps and building.

2.1 Each relic slot is just for one defense tower. Each defense tower only benefits from one relic in it's respective slot.

3. Try reading the past patch or update notes. They might help.

Hope those helps at least a bit.