I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Jaws_420 quote:

I have a few questions that i have not found answers to in guides or posts yet. These are mostly tower questions, and no shards - just basics. I am a long time DD1 player just getting into DD2 finally (just got my PS4). 

Can someone please tell me exactly what the Mystic Obelisk does? I see a short list of benefits, but i have not see a rundown on exactly what it does, and how to best make use of those features.  How does the whole appeasement thing work? Does upgrading do anything other than scaling damage? Should it be used as a blocking tower, or put behind defenses, or just randomly on the map somewhere? 

Mystic sand trap - does it only slow, or does it do damage? I seem to have a hard time getting these to activate in a way that makes them a primary tower, as oppose to the "i only have 20 DU left, so i'll just put one here" tower. I put it right in the middle of a lane, and enemies seem to go by it.. 

LM's oil traps - what do they do? Do they do damage, slow, and coat in oil? Or just some of those? I have not used them much yet. Same goes with the fissures - which i understand is needed for the mana, but i am unclear how good the tower is by itself for damage. 

Does anyone ever actually use the Huntress' oil bomb? If so, how do you do it? I find using the special and then having to shoot a charged fire arrow at it all takes way too much time in the heat of battle. Same goes with her secondary attack. Seems to be mostly useless to me. I miss in DD1 using non-stop phoenix shots. the 100 mana cost on them in DD2 is prohibitive if you ask me. Now it's all concussion bombs instead. 

Last question - in DD1 the huntress (my fave DPS) had a bevy of special weapons that had unique properties (i.e. can shoot through walls). She had a ton of unique weapons that the other 3 classes did not. Does DD2 have anything like this? So far all i have seen is wide shot (3-5-7), spread (10), and burst, and none of those seem to have any unique bullet properties (san the fact the spread shot has limited range). 

Bumping this request....anyone have any wisdom to share (or links)? Please? 

All I know about obelisk is that some defenders create tons of mystic so that they can use more that one obelisk. (I think more that 20 of 'em)

• When fully appeased, the obelisk becomes an amalgamation of a blockade and a Flamethrower.
  • There is a shard where there obelisk could reduce damage done to other towers surrounding it
  • In big numbers, they could be quite useful in no blockade mastery levels
  • The obelisk sometimes does shields you, though that i'm not too sure in the specifics
So yeah, hope this helps you a bit on the obelisk

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

All I know about obelisk is that some defenders create tons of mystic so that they can use more that one obelisk. (I think more that 20 of 'em)

• When fully appeased, the obelisk becomes an amalgamation of a blockade and a Flamethrower.
  • There is a shard where there obelisk could reduce damage done to other towers surrounding it
  • The obelisk sometimes does shields you, though that i'm not too sure in the specifics

Awesome, thanks! I have seen that people like to use it as an Anti-air defense. I have been experimenting with that, as i have issues with those pesky Zappers. Here's hoping then that TE takes the 1 tower per char/map rule away to avoid having to make so many extra chars... I have a shard in mine that raises the character stats buff it does, which is nice. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Awesome, thanks! I have seen that people like to use it as an Anti-air defense. I have been experimenting with that, as i have issues with those pesky Zappers. Here's hoping then that TE takes the 1 tower per char/map rule away to avoid having to make so many extra chars... I have a shard in mine that raises the character stats buff it does, which is nice. 

You're welcome! They are indeed very useful against zappers. Or so I heard and saw as I did see that being effective in a map run with another defender. Gotta try that more though, as I just use a totem'ed SGT for kobolt bait. But now I can see the effectiveness in being 10 DU less plus some stat buff as you said.

I don't think Trendy will remove that "one tower per hero" rule though, as those rule comes with the "benefit" of able to move that tower anywhere at will. Not sure on how good that is as I have not yet experiment with that.

You're welcome! They are indeed very useful against zappers.

Though I don't think Trendy will remove that "one tower per hero" rule, as those rule comes with the "benefit" of able to move that tower anywhere at will. Not sure on how good that is as I have not yet experiment with that.

LOL, i did that on accident a bunch with this and the Volcano before i realized there was a 1 tower restriction. I'd put one down, then summon another somewhere else (which was actually the same one, only moved), and then i was all like "where the heck did my last tower go?!" DD1 had nothing like that, so took a min to figure out. If only there was some kind of guide... 

I would think that TE will either remove the 1-tower limitation or the ability to have more than one char. with that tower from the same player on the same map, as the workaround is kind of a cheat. I also think it is crazy unfair that i would need to buy like 6 Mystics to cover all the lanes with Obelisks. Either we only get 1, or it should be allowed like any other tower. Obviously the limitation is not working, and only limiting those without deep pocketbooks and massive time. That kind of inequality seems like something that should be accounted for and adjusted, to me at least. 

That being said, i am in favor of being able to put multiple obelisks down on one map. Especially with anti-air help needed with zappers. I would just assume that things like the stats bonuses and shields would not stack as more are put out, or at least not stack in such a way that it OP's the tower. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

Though I don't think Trendy will remove that "one tower per hero" rule, as those rule comes with the "benefit" of able to move that tower anywhere at will. Not sure on how good that is as I have not yet experiment with that.

LOL, i did that on accident a bunch with this and the Volcano before i realized there was a 1 tower restriction. I'd put one down, then summon another somewhere else (which was actually the same one, only moved), and then i was all like "where the heck did my last tower go?!" DD1 had nothing like that, so took a min to figure out. If only there was some kind of guide... 

I would think that TE will either remove the 1-tower limitation or the ability to have more than one char. with that tower from the same player on the same map, as the workaround is kind of a cheat. I also think it is crazy unfair that i would need to buy like 6 Mystics to cover all the lanes with Obelisks. Either we only get 1, or it should be allowed like any other tower. Obviously the limitation is not working, and only limiting those without deep pocketbooks and massive time. That kind of inequality seems like something that should be accounted for and adjusted, to me at least. 

That being said, i am in favor of being able to put multiple obelisks down on one map. Especially with anti-air help needed with zappers. I would just assume that things like the stats bonuses and shields would not stack as more are put out, or at least not stack in such a way that it OP's the tower. 

I guess we'll see what Trendy will do in the future.

I'll have to admit, it is a little annoying having to switch between a lot of Mystics for Obelisks. But...the one good thing is that it's distinguishable to know which Mystic's Obelisk has been destroyed that is by seeing which obelisk still is still in 0 or reverted back to 40 in their mana price in the defense ability section when you want to rebuild them.

(Another) But, if the obelisk works like other towers, just replace the once destroyed and you're good to go.

(3rd) But, still, I wonder, have the "move at will" obelisk saved a match from losing by blocking the lane in the nick of time? Hmm....it'll be interesting to know.

Question - what does the little yellow sun dial looking icon on Squire weapons, near the bottom, that shows a percentage - do exactly? Is a higher or lower number better? 

@Jaws_420 quote:

They won't limit us to 1 of each character because the game is designed to have multiple.  Without 1k+ Ascension, you can't really have a builder max out more than 1 tower.  Most builds utilize more than one skill per character (squire wall + cannons etc..).  More importantly, it's a good source of revenue for TE.  Nothing to hold against them as staying in business requires producing income.  Also, it's possible to grind your way to multiple characters/slots.  Those paying cash are really just purchasing a shortcut.

As someone else pointed out, they most likely won't remove then 1-tower per Mystic/Lavamancer on the Obelisk and Volcano.  Being moveable is part of how they function.  If they did remove it, both should be classified as barricades OR have their health lowered quite a bit.

This is another issue where things are probably functioning as intended.

@jaden198 quote:

They won't limit us to 1 of each character because the game is designed to have multiple.  Without 1k+ Ascension, you can't really have a builder max out more than 1 tower.  Most builds utilize more than one skill per character (squire wall + cannons etc..).  More importantly, it's a good source of revenue for TE.  Nothing to hold against them as staying in business requires producing income.  Also, it's possible to grind your way to multiple characters/slots.  Those paying cash are really just purchasing a shortcut.

As someone else pointed out, they most likely won't remove then 1-tower per Mystic/Lavamancer on the Obelisk and Volcano.  Being moveable is part of how they function.  If they did remove it, both should be classified as barricades OR have their health lowered quite a bit.

This is another issue where things are probably functioning as intended.

I think there is a bit of difference between a good source of revenue and overly punitive setups. I already put in a considerable chunk of $$ into this game and time, and still only have half the heroes unlocked and almost none of the special pets. It will take me quite a bit of time to get the rest. That being said, also having to then unlock and buy 5-6 additional hero slots just to be bale to have decent Obelisk coverage is outrageous. It's sad that this tower surpasses the SGT for air defense, but it does it many cases. I think the game was designed to allow each of the 4 players on the map to build their own obelisk, but i do not think that TE intended for one person to buy 5 Mystics to do the same thing. If they did, i would stop playing the game. 

Volcano is not near as useful until it gets beefed up, so it can stay at 1 per map. Obelisk is just too valuable in its current state to pass up. I think TE really needs to look at how this tower is implemented and eliminate the ability or need for more mystics, at least just for that sole tower. I am no stranger to multiple units of the same class. In DD1, everyone had two of each unit - a builder and a DPS. So i am not against having more than one, but more than 2-3??? Especially when we have way more than 4 classes now? Seems like way overkill. If this is the way TE is going, i may want off this train. I should not have to buy and build one hero for each tower i want to buff or put on the map. One builder ought to be able to do that. That i think is one of the main issues of the Ascension system as it encourages multiple builders with the 140 deep pocket upgrades. 

If i specialize each tower with its own unit, for each class that can - that puts us at 11 (GW has no towers), or 10 since Initiate has no unique towers. Of those 10, 9 have 4 uniques you could dedicate one hero each to on ascension (Adept only has 1). so 9 X 4 + 1 = 37 heroes... Then on top of that, if i want more Volcanoes (which i don't) or Obelisks (which i do), that could easily be another 5-10 heroes depending on your approach. So that puts you somewhere near 37-57 total heroes...just for building towers. That does not include DPS, which easily adds 11 more at a min., if not more if you want to start specializing DPS roles as well. 

Right now i have like 8 heroes. I don't think my goal should be to get to 68 heroes... I would expect that in the end i would have two of each class, so only about 22 (which is far more than the 8 i had in DD1). So going back full circle - this is why i say it is ridiculous if i am need to buy 5 Mystics just to place more of one tower. Just nerf it a little an open it up for multiple towers, or eliminate the ability for the multiple Mystic workaround. God forbid a future update makes Volcanoes great again... 

This (weekly) Bonus mission ('Let Them Eat Cake') i got speaks of 'Win the Bastille Incursion'.
The only incursion i find is the Choas 7/Floor 60 one called Bastille Master. 
I'm choas 1 farming right now because 2 seemed over my head.
Do i just ignore the quest or do i need to look at somthing else?

@jurassicotter quote:

This (weekly) Bonus mission ('Let Them Eat Cake') i got speaks of 'Win the Bastille Incursion'.

This happens every time that weekly is rolled. So many players are not able to complete it, they should have removed it, but I guess they didn´t. Ask for a piggyback ride in the hub, many players are willing to help, myself included. I just don´t play much ATM. Cheers.

Wel i just finished C2, haven't tried going for C3 or so but it felt like i needed a step between. I tried onslaught (6) with a friend but at 3/3 we shortly sayed failed, and farming C2 didn't give to many good loot, not sure if farming C2 is a option.
Is there like good strategy to grind to the next tier Chaos like going from CX -> CX+1 like keep doing onslaught X*3 (3 for C1 and 6 for C2)?

@Jaws_420 quote:

Question - what does the little yellow sun dial looking icon on Squire weapons, near the bottom, that shows a percentage - do exactly? Is a higher or lower number better? 

bump. anyone? I think the Monk has this icon as well. 

@MaJean quote:

@jurassicotter quote:

This happens every time that weekly is rolled. So many players are not able to complete it, they should have removed it, but I guess they didn´t. Ask for a piggyback ride in the hub, many players are willing to help, myself included. I just don´t play much ATM. Cheers.

i saw last night the weekly Bastille challenge changed to the Wyverns one instead. Go TE, that rocks!!!!!!!

heavy cannonball uswd to have a stun ability itself. But, that is no longer the case.

To answer your specific question, I don’t think so. Although, I’m completely sure.

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Jaws_420 quote:

bump. anyone? I think the Monk has this icon as well. 

It's actually the speed of the melee weapon. For example, if "medium" is 19.5, your sword will move faster than that of a "medium" 3.4.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote

It's actually the speed of the melee weapon. For example, if "medium" is 19.5, your sword will move faster than that of a "medium" 3.4.

Thanks. So there are two values, what is the ideal combo? Light with a high percent number? Any benefit to a heavy weapon or low percentage?

@Jaws_420 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote

Thanks. So there are two values, what is the ideal combo? Light with a high percent number? Any benefit to a heavy weapon or low percentage?

Basically, it's kinda your preference in the first value : Light does something like melee speed spread damage. While medium, every hit has good damage, and heavy it's even more.

As for the second value : yes, always go for the highest percentage.

Though for polearms, in the NM4 days, there use to be a percentage. But now it's replaced by the secondary weapon speed.

Basically, it's kinda your preference in the first value : Light does something like melee speed spread damage. While medium, every hit has good damage, and heavy it's even more.

Though for polearms, in the NM4 days, there use to be a percentage. But now it's replaced by the secondary weapon speed.

you are awesome, much thanks. 

@Jaws_420 quote:

you are awesome, much thanks. 

Anytime! :)