I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Verozz quote:

Why is the onslaught just pure frustrating and bull***

DD2 is for elite players now I'm afraid.........

And you better get used to it being for elite players because that's what the game has become since mastery came out whether players like it or not im afraid 

@playertt quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Verozz quote:

And you better get used to it being for elite players because that's what the game has become since mastery came out whether players like it or not im afraid 

I think you forget that end game players have been waiting years for the end game. Now is the time the Trendy is delivering the end game content. 

There is still much to do for casual players. :-) many maps to play.  Many heroes to get. Play to get to chaos 7 without Onslaught if you want. :-)

A bunch of incursion games to play. There is something for all players!!

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@playertt quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Verozz quote:

I think you forget that end game players have been waiting years for the end game. Now is the time the Trendy is delivering the end game content. 

There is still much to do for casual players. :-) many maps to play.  Many heroes to get. Play to get to chaos 7 without Onslaught if you want. :-)

Got everything else done fully, except Mastery and Onslaught....... There's nothing else to do, since there's never no public games for Mastery and Onslaught. They're just too hard solo.

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@playertt quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Verozz quote:

Got everything else done fully, except Mastery and Onslaught....... There's nothing else to do, since there's never no public games for Mastery and Onslaught. They're just too hard solo.

I agree that mastery is really hard solo. Onslaught can be hard solo as you get higher in floors. :-) I’ll admit, it is difficult to find group players for mastery. I’ve seen public onslaught matches almost every time I am in game (PS4). wish you well in your group searches! have you tried joining the DD2 Discord? Very often peeps on there willing to team up. :-)

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Big_D_N_Lil_J quote:

@playertt quote:

@UnarmedReaper07 quote:

@Verozz quote:

It's called "end game" content for a reason.  It's supposed to be a challenge.  If it wasn't people would complain that there is no end game content.

@korbotix quote:

so what is the progression line i know i did campaign now do i do trials or onslaught?

From a gear perspective, either, trials is progression using a mule. Onslaught is meant to be progression based on floor level.

Both modes will get you to the same place eventually, I have no data on which is most efficent as I only do trials currently to gear.

@korbotix quote:

so what is the progression line i know i did campaign now do i do trials or onslaught?

Just what [[9528,users]] said. I'll add that Onslaught seems to be a smoother & quicker progression in regards to loot. It's been suggested to use Onslaught to progress your gear until Ch7 gear (Floor 54, I think) ad then run some Ch7 Trials for optimum loot Then jump back to Onslaught.

I don't know whats happening with my game its unplayable it loads in a super high resolution to where I can only see 1/4 of the screen and cant play or see any buttons

this is my entire moniter ..

ive tried restarting, does this every time...

ive tried unistalling and reinstalling..

and ive also tried to restart my pc I don't know what else I could do sigh please help!

unknown.png

Hi guys,

2 short questens:

1. To get acces to C6 i have to win 7 C5 Trails or reach Floor 36. Did i have to win this 7 C5 Trails in a row or can i make for example 3 Trail wins in day one and the rest on the next day? or all 7 C5 Trails in one big Run?
I finsh 3 runs but the count doesn go down!

2. From Floor 16 to 36 is a huge gap! I get neary max gear at stage 20. So i have to grind till Floor 36 to get better gear? Or will drop gear above C5 before Stage 36?Thx guys

@Bankai1337 quote:

Hi guys,

2 short questens:

1. To get acces to C6 i have to win 7 C5 Trails or reach Floor 36. Did i have to win this 7 C5 Trails in a row or can i make for example 3 Trail wins in day one and the rest on the next day? or all 7 C5 Trails in one big Run?
I finsh 3 runs but the count doesn go down!

2. From Floor 16 to 36 is a huge gap! I get neary max gear at stage 20. So i have to grind till Floor 36 to get better gear? Or will drop gear above C5 before Stage 36?Thx guys

Hi friend, if you have discord and use it, I would suggest joining the official dd2 discord at discord.me/dd2 as the their is a chat made for questions like these ^_^ 
1. You can take breaks, the way you can check progress is in your collections tab. Press escape - Collections - go to the maps sections - it'll be the top one ^_^

2.  I don't know the answer to this as I haven't personally climbed through those floors. I did 1-15 (floor 15 unlocks c5) Then did c5-c7 that way. After completing my 9 c7's I went to floor 55 and have had quite a smooth run so far. 
Best of luck friend and Welcome to Etheria!

@korbotix quote:

The fastest method found by Mutt and Daniel (They've prestiged the most so far) is to do floors 1-15 then head to chaos trials 5 and do them until c7 geared. If you're a new player I would personally recommend staying in onslaught 1-65 as the loot system is a bit wonky in trials! 
Best of luck!

I am currently having a issue on Onslaught floor 18 map 3/3.  I run into a spawn point that appears to be immune to all my towers and damage.  Only thing I can do to cause damage is tornado.  And if it's a boss I can do absolutely nothing.  Wondering if there is a specific damage type they can't ignore.

@Icos quote:

I am currently having a issue on Onslaught floor 18 map 3/3.  I run into a spawn point that appears to be immune to all my towers and damage.  Only thing I can do to cause damage is tornado.  And if it's a boss I can do absolutely nothing.  Wondering if there is a specific damage type they can't ignore.

I think that's a controlled burn lane where enemies can only be damaged if they're either:

• Poisoned
  • Stunned
  • Oiled
  • Frozen

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@Icos quote:

I think that's a controlled burn lane where enemies can only be damaged if they're either:

• Poisoned
  • Stunned
  • Oiled
  • Frozen

I have a few questions that i have not found answers to in guides or posts yet. These are mostly tower questions, and no shards - just basics. I am a long time DD1 player just getting into DD2 finally (just got my PS4). 

Can someone please tell me exactly what the Mystic Obelisk does? I see a short list of benefits, but i have not see a rundown on exactly what it does, and how to best make use of those features.  How does the whole appeasement thing work? Does upgrading do anything other than scaling damage? Should it be used as a blocking tower, or put behind defenses, or just randomly on the map somewhere? 

Mystic sand trap - does it only slow, or does it do damage? I seem to have a hard time getting these to activate in a way that makes them a primary tower, as oppose to the "i only have 20 DU left, so i'll just put one here" tower. I put it right in the middle of a lane, and enemies seem to go by it.. 

LM's oil traps - what do they do? Do they do damage, slow, and coat in oil? Or just some of those? I have not used them much yet. Same goes with the fissures - which i understand is needed for the mana, but i am unclear how good the tower is by itself for damage. 

Does anyone ever actually use the Huntress' oil bomb? If so, how do you do it? I find using the special and then having to shoot a charged fire arrow at it all takes way too much time in the heat of battle. Same goes with her secondary attack. Seems to be mostly useless to me. I miss in DD1 using non-stop phoenix shots. the 100 mana cost on them in DD2 is prohibitive if you ask me. Now it's all concussion bombs instead. 

Last question - in DD1 the huntress (my fave DPS) had a bevy of special weapons that had unique properties (i.e. can shoot through walls). She had a ton of unique weapons that the other 3 classes did not. Does DD2 have anything like this? So far all i have seen is wide shot (3-5-7), spread (10), and burst, and none of those seem to have any unique bullet properties (san the fact the spread shot has limited range). 

Hello everyone, i was wondering which is better, hero dmg or crit dmg? I have 40% chance on my huntress so crit dmg is better right? Also would the same apply if the crit chance was 30%?

@Superb_Dog quote:

Hello everyone, i was wondering which is better, hero dmg or crit dmg? I have 40% chance on my huntress so crit dmg is better right? Also would the same apply if the crit chance was 30%?

Hmmm.....people would normally recommend going for hero dmg & crit damage build or ability power & crit damage since crit scales with both. That is, if you want to go for a more effective builds.

@Superb_Dog quote:

Hmmm.....people would normally recommend going for hero dmg & crit damage build or ability power & crit damage since crit scales with both. That is, if you want to go for a more effective builds.

What about health added into that? So out of the four (Health, hero dmg, crit dmg, abilities) would you recommend? Btw thank you for your reply :)

@Superb_Dog quote:

@Superb_Dog quote:

What about health added into that? So out of the four (Health, hero dmg, crit dmg, abilities) would you recommend? Btw thank you for your reply :)

If you meant mythical gear and below during progression, yes, health is a must as there are assassins in chaos V.

When it's about endgame, when legendary gear's concerned, there are different configurations that you could pick :

• Health, Crit, and Ability if you want to focus on pure ability damage. The health is to protect you from assassins. (that can be quite useful for dryad)
  • Health, Crit and Hero dmg if you want pure DPS in enemies as it can be quite effective.
  • Hybrid : most gear stat's having crit, ability, and hero dmg. Just one piece of gear having a health stat instead of hero dmg. Quite risky and dangerous, but even more effective. (in heroes like ev2 and gunwitch)
Oh yeah, I forgot to address your question in crit chance. 
Yes, crit works better when there's a higher chance. Though in defense towers, crit chance sometimes do have to be sacrifice for some extra mainstream damage. But that's in endgame. Crit chance is quite important in progression. 

Hope this gives you a clearer insight in gear configs :)