I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Faysumi quote:

Might be an obvious question, but is there a time limit on completing the Mastery missions? As in Chaos V starts tomorrow, are the previous tiers: A-still playable, B-able to still receive awards from. I've fallen behind this week and would find missing out on this week's stuff to put me off the whole thing.

The Mastery missions will stay open. Finding players for old Mastery missions though will be like winning the lottery. So pretty much "A" and "B".

I recently got a friend to start playing DD2 and have been having some issues with the way grouping seems to work. When we were in a group, it wouldn't let me look at the map to see what zones he still needed to do to unlock Trials, and wouldn't let me be host. It was thoroughly frustrating trying to figure out what we actually needed to do. Were we doing something wrong? Does anyone have any tips for helping teach a newer player?

@ravekai1212 quote:

I recently got a friend to start playing DD2 and have been having some issues with the way grouping seems to work. When we were in a group, it wouldn't let me look at the map to see what zones he still needed to do to unlock Trials, and wouldn't let me be host. It was thoroughly frustrating trying to figure out what we actually needed to do. Were we doing something wrong? Does anyone have any tips for helping teach a newer player?

You weren't doing anything wrong, unfortunately.  When you party up with someone, one person is randomly selected as the leader, and only they can open the map.  It can even change from map to map (as I experienced while running mastery with others).  One way to get around this is to simply not be in a party, and continually invite the other person to join through Steam once you've started the map.  Otherwise everyone in the party just needs to try to see if they can start the game.

@lekkin007 quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

You weren't doing anything wrong, unfortunately.  When you party up with someone, one person is randomly selected as the leader, and only they can open the map.  It can even change from map to map (as I experienced while running mastery with others).  One way to get around this is to simply not be in a party, and continually invite the other person to join through Steam once you've started the map.  Otherwise everyone in the party just needs to try to see if they can start the game.

Sounds like something that needs to be fixed... LULZ

@tamarayaser quote:

I have a question I was wondering where it’s possible to gain the fire blowing shield for the squire

It is actually a shard that drops in chaos 6, and it works on any shield with a shard slot!

Hey, i “had” 4 level 50 ascension lvl 20 heroes, but for some reason the got deleted, and now it will not let me create any new heroes because its says all my hero slots are full. Am i able to get my heroes back or what can i do to fix this?

Im a new player on xbox i completed the campaign and i have heard people talking about daily missions. My question is where can i find the quests? I have looked through all the menus well i think i have alot of menus i just cant seem to find any.

@t3415 quote:

Im a new player on xbox i completed the campaign and i have heard people talking about daily missions. My question is where can i find the quests? I have looked through all the menus well i think i have alot of menus i just cant seem to find any.

There is a button to access the Missions, but since you're Xbox, I have no idea which button as I'm a PC player. (If someone know the button to access the missions, feel free to post)

But, there is a NPC in both the Private Tavern that you can access through for the Missions instead.

Look in pretty dark places in both tavern and hub and You'll find the Shady Merchant to access your missions, if you at either bars where the Tavernkeep/Bartender (I literally forgot the name, but he's who you report bugs to) hangs out at, the Shady Merchant's near.

@t3415 quote:

LB + up on the d-pad.

Fortunately I haven't had the issue repeat itself since the time I last commented on it. Not sure exactly what changed but it works now so I'm happy. lulz The main "issue" I've had lately is with how grouping works. I recently got a friend to play and I figured it basically made him the default host since he hadn't done the campaign stuff. After grinding him up on all of that, it still was... buggy, to say the least. Like, one map it would seem like I was host, then the next, not? Or it would change when we popped back to the Tavern? I don't get it... Also, the same ol' random latency hiccups... aka teleporting halfway to the other end of the map.

@quinn the wolf quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

@quinn the wolf quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Does it actually say you have been disconnected due to being inactive too long?

Yes it does though half of the time it doesn't pop up with the "are you still there?" message before disconnecting back to the start screen. It is very frustrating trying to figure out how the system works and how to work around it.

i understand your problem

normaly the ''are you still there'' message has to popup 

but i bet it is an bug of some kind

thoug if you want to solo afk i ca recoment to you to find or buy a ring were your mouse fits in and cant get out

then i would recomend a moving thing such as an electric mini toy car or other thinsg that can move the mouse around

then just build the map

place the mouse in the ring along whit the thing you use to move your mouse and done

an simple afk limmit breaker

the game will be fooled into thinking youre online >:D XD

thoug this is a solution i use mutch

i use an pc fan atached to an batery and the fan propelers atached to the mouse

as it twists the mouse gets constantly moved whitoud mutch voice and yet i have mutch time for my new2ds and afk farm dd2 shards togeter XD

i hope this afk limit breaker works for you 

let me now if you have someting better for moving the mouse then a pc fan atached to an batery  :D

Frankly, at this point, I'm beginning to think it is more just a symptom of the same issue behind other lag/ping and connection issues. Completely separate from any patch, the game decides randomly to basically block me from logging in, claiming some random, inconsistent "error code". After checking software for my vid card, network diagnostic, and so on, even doing the Steam file verification, nothing is "missing" or needs to be updated. Basically, there is no reason for connection issues but the game refuses to connect several times. I just play some other game for a few hours, come back, and it seems to be peachy. I wish they would do something to remedy these issues since they have basically existed since day 1 for DD2.

true indeed

it is an bug in the serfer of dd2 thats why i use that trick so i can keep the game from bugging and all those annoying server probs XD

but youre right

when does trendy firx this?

I'm not sure if I missed something from notes, but did Orbs get removed from the game? I haven't seen a single legendary orb drop in probably... at least 50 trials runs. I totally glaze over non-legendary, so I don't know if any of those have dropped as Orbs.

@ravekai1212 quote:

I'm not sure if I missed something from notes, but did Orbs get removed from the game? I haven't seen a single legendary orb drop in probably... at least 50 trials runs. I totally glaze over non-legendary, so I don't know if any of those have dropped as Orbs.

I got one yesterday from the Campain Mode - Nimbus Reach Hard mode. It was a legendary Chest loot never got an Orb from Chests below or from a  Mob drop.

@ravekai1212 quote:

Yes, there's is a patch that removes orbs from the drop table due to players ranting it's uselessness as defense speed is capped.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

Yes, there's is a patch that removes orbs from the drop table due to players ranting it's uselessness as defense speed is capped.

Yeah well I can understand that even though it appeared to still boost attack rate effectively but probably had rapidly diminishing returns.

@ravekai1212 quote:

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

Yeah well I can understand that even though it appeared to still boost attack rate effectively but probably had rapidly diminishing returns.

Yea around chaos 5 it capped out on most defenses, so after that it was pretty much useless.

@ravekai1212 quote:

Fortunately I haven't had the issue repeat itself since the time I last commented on it. Not sure exactly what changed but it works now so I'm happy. lulz The main "issue" I've had lately is with how grouping works. I recently got a friend to play and I figured it basically made him the default host since he hadn't done the campaign stuff. After grinding him up on all of that, it still was... buggy, to say the least. Like, one map it would seem like I was host, then the next, not? Or it would change when we popped back to the Tavern? I don't get it... Also, the same ol' random latency hiccups... aka teleporting halfway to the other end of the map.

@quinn the wolf quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

@quinn the wolf quote:

@ravekai1212 quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Does it actually say you have been disconnected due to being inactive too long?

Yes it does though half of the time it doesn't pop up with the "are you still there?" message before disconnecting back to the start screen. It is very frustrating trying to figure out how the system works and how to work around it.

i understand your problem

normaly the ''are you still there'' message has to popup 

but i bet it is an bug of some kind

thoug if you want to solo afk i ca recoment to you to find or buy a ring were your mouse fits in and cant get out

then i would recomend a moving thing such as an electric mini toy car or other thinsg that can move the mouse around

then just build the map

place the mouse in the ring along whit the thing you use to move your mouse and done

an simple afk limmit breaker

the game will be fooled into thinking youre online >:D XD

thoug this is a solution i use mutch

i use an pc fan atached to an batery and the fan propelers atached to the mouse

as it twists the mouse gets constantly moved whitoud mutch voice and yet i have mutch time for my new2ds and afk farm dd2 shards togeter XD

i hope this afk limit breaker works for you 

let me now if you have someting better for moving the mouse then a pc fan atached to an batery  :D

Frankly, at this point, I'm beginning to think it is more just a symptom of the same issue behind other lag/ping and connection issues. Completely separate from any patch, the game decides randomly to basically block me from logging in, claiming some random, inconsistent "error code". After checking software for my vid card, network diagnostic, and so on, even doing the Steam file verification, nothing is "missing" or needs to be updated. Basically, there is no reason for connection issues but the game refuses to connect several times. I just play some other game for a few hours, come back, and it seems to be peachy. I wish they would do something to remedy these issues since they have basically existed since day 1 for DD2.

true indeed

it is an bug in the serfer of dd2 thats why i use that trick so i can keep the game from bugging and all those annoying server probs XD

but youre right

when does trendy firx this?

thank goodness! im not the only one whit the distorting hickup servers XD

maybe trendy needs to stop feeding their servers crayola crayons and start to give it a real fuel like electricity!XD if you understand what i means XD

Hey I was wondering I am level 50 with association level 192 but my defense and build isn’t as strong as it should be and when I look at other players that are lower level than me their defense is strong even their weapons I wanted to know what I might be doing wrong or is like something that is wrong with the game because I’m kinda confused 

Thanks 

@tamarayaser quote:

Hey I was wondering I am level 50 with association level 192 but my defense and build isn’t as strong as it should be and when I look at other players that are lower level than me their defense is strong even their weapons I wanted to know what I might be doing wrong or is like something that is wrong with the game because I’m kinda confused 

Thanks 

You probably are not utilizing the loot system properly.  Here's the short version:

1. Every item has a hidden stat called iPwr.  When items drop, their iPwr is determined first, and then their stats.

2. The highest average iPwr of the equipment of your four heroes in your active deck determines the iPwr of items that drop.

3. Sell value corresponds exactly to iPwr and rarity, while the item's stats (like defense power, armor, etc) only loosely correspond.  

4. Conclusion: a fast and simple method to get better equipment is to have one character (often called a "mule") in your active hero deck who always equips your highest selling blue pieces of equipment, since blue is the most common rarity of equipment to drop and sell value will help you find exactly the highest iPwr.  When your sell value stops going up, try the next chaos tier and repeat the whole process!  Note that you won't get increasing drops from the higher chaos tier until you replace every piece of equipment your mule is wearing at least once. 

There are other methods involving spreadsheets or other various strategies, but hopefully this one will help you!

By the way, ascension has nothing to do with how good your gear is, it only has to do with how much experience you've gained, which is totally separate from the loot progression.  In the update coming next Tuesday, loot from the new mod Onslaught will be determined by floor rather than by current equipment, and will be much simpler.

@tamarayaser quote:

Thanks 

Ascension level just give a boost which is not that much nor that little. The real power comes from your gear and shards.

hello,new player here..i wanna ask..i get crash after killing harbringer in campaign mode..then i cant join the game with my friend still inside to claim my chest reward...anyone suffer this kind of things? every time there is cinematic/cutscene..i always get crash...already checklist the disable cutscene but still crash every time i killed harbringer...seriously need help