I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@SpiderDanX quote:

If you have any questions left, feel free to PM me & ask! :-)

Thanks so much for the reply!

Alright so I decided to go with the Mystic (mystic is incredibly fun and I love it). I still want the Lavamancer, but not enough defender tokens so I guess he will need to wait.

So I seem to breeze through C1 to a point where my mystic can literally do nothing, but the second I attempt C2 everything just falls apart. My mystic walls (which is 750k hp at lvl 1 with fortification maxed) seem to melt almost the second I look away. My tower dps feels respectable but not good and I'm not sure how to build my Mystic's dps. I got incredibly lucky and got all the Mystic Shards except 1 (the one that increases damage done by 45% when they're under madness), but I'm not sure if its worth it and the poison build is bad. Would Ability power/hero damage be better for mystic dps/builder hybrid or should I go for hero damage/crit damage? 

I also just got my ev2 to 50, so I'll be utilizing those reflect beams. I guess my damage towers will live a bit longer now.

Oh my current setup is

Mystic - Serpents Coil (Combined Power), Sand Viper (split viper, power transfer), Viper's Fang (Fort), Obelisk (Blasphemy, Destruction)

Monk - Skyguard (Range, Defense Rate)

Not really impressive, but its the best I have for now

@Hoon quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

If you have any questions left, feel free to PM me & ask! :-)

Thanks so much for the reply!

Alright so I decided to go with the Mystic (mystic is incredibly fun and I love it). I still want the Lavamancer, but not enough defender tokens so I guess he will need to wait.

So I seem to breeze through C1 to a point where my mystic can literally do nothing, but the second I attempt C2 everything just falls apart. My mystic walls (which is 750k hp at lvl 1 with fortification maxed) seem to melt almost the second I look away. My tower dps feels respectable but not good and I'm not sure how to build my Mystic's dps. I got incredibly lucky and got all the Mystic Shards except 1 (the one that increases damage done by 45% when they're under madness), but I'm not sure if its worth it and the poison build is bad. Would Ability power/hero damage be better for mystic dps/builder hybrid or should I go for hero damage/crit damage? 

I also just got my ev2 to 50, so I'll be utilizing those reflect beams. I guess my damage towers will live a bit longer now.

Oh my current setup is

Mystic - Serpents Coil (Combined Power), Sand Viper (split viper, power transfer), Viper's Fang (Fort), Obelisk (Blasphemy, Destruction)

Monk - Skyguard (Range, Defense Rate)

Not really impressive, but its the best I have for now

You are welcome!! 

Personally, I have never been able to get the Sand Viper to do very good. Others have, but I don't know how. I suggest using a mix of Squire cannons and Huntress PDT for now in CH2. As Cyborks will stop all traps/auras. You mentioned earlier that you have Abyss Lord. His Ramsters are really useful in all chaos. So, maybe try a mixture of Ramsters and PDT. PDT/Cannons are useful with he  Viper fang bubbles as both hit air units. Ramsters are really good for all ground mobs.... all except Siege roller.

Another thing to note, I believe that Cyborks stun your Viper fangs, meaning that they cannot bubble up enemies for a time. That may be why you are seeing increased dmg to your walls vs ch1... well... that and, of course, the obvious that enemies are stronger in ch2 than they are in ch1. :-P

Basically, you can still use your Viper Fang walls. Just switch up your damaging towers what I suggested. Skyguard is always useful in all chaos.

@Hoon quote:

So I seem to breeze through C1 to a point where my mystic can literally do nothing, but the second I attempt C2 everything just falls apart. My mystic walls (which is 750k hp at lvl 1 with fortification maxed) seem to melt almost the second I look away. My tower dps feels respectable but not good and I'm not sure how to build my Mystic's dps.

The game is balanced so progressing to the next chaos tier is hard. C2 is the hardest IMO as Cyborcs disable all traps and auras, so don't use em ;-)

So long as you can get to wave 3 and take out some bosses you will be getting drops that will help. Look up guides on gear progression for best results from these drops. You can also work with others, complete some C2's with them for the loot which will help you solo them.

Google DD2Tools for some guidelines on what kind of gear you can find in each chaos level. You absolutely don't need the best gear from the previous tier to progress, especially if you work with a team to start with. 

Thanks alot guys, I finally got through C2 and Im getting close to the max gear level C2 can drop. I haven't tried incursion yet but I don't know if I can because I learned the other day that Incursion monsters can't get CC'd that easily.

Anyways I got lucky and gambled for that 45% extra damage during madness and it turned into a game changer! Seems like I can almost stall 2-3 lanes completely using this and it's now my favorite skill in the game.

Alright hopefully I can stop pestering you guys with questions, but I'm starting to finally understand the game better

1. Cyborks. I hate these guys but Ive finally started dealing with them easier than before. Now question though, after joining a C2 Incursion pub I noticed alot of high geared people still used Flame Aura, but they placed it away from the blockade and on higher ground. Do cyborks only disable traps when they use that lightning smash attack? How long are the disables? With enough trap range is it worth it to use flame traps on certain locations?
  2. So as dumb and crazy as it sounds, I JUST learned that if you place towers on higher ground along the path of where the enemy mobs spawn, they won't attack it if there is a blockade blocking the path (unless theyre air units). I don't know why I thought they would attack it immediately and I used to put towers behind blockades. Now in light of this new information, is it worth using the EV2 for the reflect beams only? I unfortunately don't enjoy her playstyle that much and literally used her only for reflect beams, but now I'm not sure if she is worth the deck slot. And yes I understand shes best in slot until the patch comes but Im thinking about dropping her. Is the Reflect Beam worth it alone?
  3. So for most Blockade shard builds, I saw that the Fortification and the stunning Shard was almost obligatory for all builds. But every 3rd gem seems to be a tossup and everyone seems to have different opinions about it. Some say the shielding shard wasn't worth it because at later points the amount it reduces is negligible. Is it worth it to run Panic Fire for mystic walls or even the Exploding Wall shard?
  4. Almost every build I've seen on DD2 tools just assumes you have 500-1000 ascension :(. So I really have to ask, are marks only worth it once you get closer and closer to the speed cap or are marks for faster hitting towers/traps still better for a guy whos 55 Ascension? Every dps test I did still says medallion is better
  5. I played back when this game was in early access and it feels like pets are playing a much smaller role than they used to. Did they change how pet rerolls work? I've rerolled my water pet ability about 9 times and I keep only seeing 3 choices when there are 7 choices? Or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Thanks so much guys for replying to me over the past couple days!

How does the 'sell all' feature work on pc?  I do not have any locked items in my bag, and the only time I see the 'seel all' feature is if I left click an item but then the 'sell all' is greyed out.  I've tried shift, ctl, alt, but clearly i'm missing something here.  

@jaldro quote:

How does the 'sell all' feature work on pc?  I do not have any locked items in my bag, and the only time I see the 'seel all' feature is if I left click an item but then the 'sell all' is greyed out.  I've tried shift, ctl, alt, but clearly i'm missing something here.  

The default hotkey is "Y" to sell anything unlocked (and not equipped with shards) in the bag.

The default hotkey is "Y" to sell anything unlocked (and not equipped with shards) in the bag.

do i have to mouse over an item or just hit 'Y' while in the bag?  I swear it's not working.

@Hoon quote:

Thanks alot guys, I finally got through C2 and Im getting close to the max gear level C2 can drop. I haven't tried incursion yet but I don't know if I can because I learned the other day that Incursion monsters can't get CC'd that easily.

Anyways I got lucky and gambled for that 45% extra damage during madness and it turned into a game changer! Seems like I can almost stall 2-3 lanes completely using this and it's now my favorite skill in the game.

Alright hopefully I can stop pestering you guys with questions, but I'm starting to finally understand the game better

1. Cyborks. I hate these guys but Ive finally started dealing with them easier than before. Now question though, after joining a C2 Incursion pub I noticed alot of high geared people still used Flame Aura, but they placed it away from the blockade and on higher ground. Do cyborks only disable traps when they use that lightning smash attack? How long are the disables? With enough trap range is it worth it to use flame traps on certain locations?
  2. So as dumb and crazy as it sounds, I JUST learned that if you place towers on higher ground along the path of where the enemy mobs spawn, they won't attack it if there is a blockade blocking the path (unless theyre air units). I don't know why I thought they would attack it immediately and I used to put towers behind blockades. Now in light of this new information, is it worth using the EV2 for the reflect beams only? I unfortunately don't enjoy her playstyle that much and literally used her only for reflect beams, but now I'm not sure if she is worth the deck slot. And yes I understand shes best in slot until the patch comes but Im thinking about dropping her. Is the Reflect Beam worth it alone?
  3. So for most Blockade shard builds, I saw that the Fortification and the stunning Shard was almost obligatory for all builds. But every 3rd gem seems to be a tossup and everyone seems to have different opinions about it. Some say the shielding shard wasn't worth it because at later points the amount it reduces is negligible. Is it worth it to run Panic Fire for mystic walls or even the Exploding Wall shard?
  4. Almost every build I've seen on DD2 tools just assumes you have 500-1000 ascension :(. So I really have to ask, are marks only worth it once you get closer and closer to the speed cap or are marks for faster hitting towers/traps still better for a guy whos 55 Ascension? Every dps test I did still says medallion is better
  5. I played back when this game was in early access and it feels like pets are playing a much smaller role than they used to. Did they change how pet rerolls work? I've rerolled my water pet ability about 9 times and I keep only seeing 3 choices when there are 7 choices? Or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Thanks so much guys for replying to me over the past couple days!

1) cyborks need to be able to hit the center pole to disable flame auras(full disclosure I didn't use FA in c2 so i'm only like 80% sure)

2) I don't think the reflect beams are worth using until you reach c6, but once you get there are amazing. Thankfully moving thing around is really easy so you can just not touch her until you reach c6

3) don't have mystic and so can't really comment

4)marks are amazing once you get 60 ascension to max out tower crit chance up until you get power transfer for medallions

5)re-rolling give you 3 choices, if your seeing the same three choices then that is either exceptionally bad luck or there is something I'm not aware of related to that(I have my sparkle party gato and dracolich and that is all I bothered with pets XD)

@jaldro quote:

do i have to mouse over an item or just hit 'Y' while in the bag?  I swear it's not working.

Don't have to hover over an item, but you do have to be in the bag section of the menu. The shortcuts for hero selection don't work while the bag section is highlighted, and vise versa.

Just where have I gone wrong?

I currently have 108 hours logged in game and am at Ascension 92. I can easily sweep through C1, barely get through 2/5 C2 if I can even get there and lose at 3/5 on C3, but only on Buried Bastille. The only times I have won a C2, was when I joined a public game, gave my mana to somebody else who would have an Ascension of around 50 or so, but have walls with 200k more health than mine.

I no longer get better loot from C1, don't even get loot from C2, and only got loot from C3 from bosses on BB. This leaves me stuck at demolishing C1 for no gain bar money, which only became relevant after I bought 6 C3 packs, and end up stuck with what I have meaning I can't go further.

Fore reference, my weapon (Apprentice) has 1151 Hero Damage (Highest out of all bare Squire at 1259, but I don't use him as I'm on a laptop and would struggle hard), my Wall's totem has 2622 HP, 1054 Crit Damage and 1078 Speed with a maxed Fortification and base Shielding Guard and Panic Fire (On for the gigs at this point), giving it 687,822 HP. This is 200k lower than a set of Skeletal Orcs I've seen (Yes, I know they have 5k more at base, but I don't see 5k turning into 200k)

For damage, I would use Flame and Lightning Auras or Flamethrower and Earthshatter

The highest stats I have on Medallions are 2624, 1062 CRT, 992 HP, 1039 SPD and 2429 (-195), 1066 SPD (+27), 1093 HP (+101), 1083 CRT (21). Which of those is better? For shards, I have max Destruction, max Crit damage, 28% range, a few HP sitting around but I don't see the point in them apart from walls and one Empowered Flame.

I use Marks on Lightning and Earthshatter, 2544, 1010 PWR, 1081 HP, 1101 SPD and 2459 (-85), 1072 PWR (+62), 1064 HP (-17), 993 SPD (-108), but this one seems a lot clearer for which one is better, I just keep it around for some reason. Max Destruction, max Crit Damage and only a 4% range for these as they naturally have a larger range but I still like that larger range.

I know that PDTs are used a lot, but from what I have, I just don't see why. From what I have equipped right now, it has 3665 ATK Damage, 4020 Crit damage, 5864 Poison. Attack rate is 1.97s, Poison rate is 0.79s. All I can see from these is something to put right at the very start for chip damage, not a main damage dealer. For reference it has a 2352 Medallion with 967 SPD and 940 Crit.

Finally for my Ascensions, I've maxed crit chance, have 10 in crit damage and then 20 in PDT Damage, Spike Blockade, Viper Fang, Flamethrower and Flame Aura with 11 in speed. In hindsight, I don't know why I really did that for Squire and Mystic as I'm not using them apart from the walls right now, but I'd have done it eventually.

So the question that I have remains: How do I fix whatever mess I'm in and actually win a C2 alone? Or, how do I get Bastille again? It has a lock on it and it is the only map I have not had after losing. I cycle through all the others, just not Bastille and that is where I could farm bosses the easiest

@BDM

Do you use your Squire for walls? As Cannons and ballistas aren't so great early game I used my squire exclusively for walls and put all Ascension into the blockade health.

I used huntress for PDT to place as you say at the start of the lane to do 8 seconds of poison damage, which is nothing to be sniffed at.

I used Flamethrower mage with the towers placed as far away from my walls as their range could go so you get the maximum coverage. No tower needs to be behind walls and are safe as long as mobs don't touch them. This way you get the maximum time the mobs are continually getting damaged. Using abilities from your heroes helps a lot, don't expect your towers to do all the damage you need to be heavily active in the early tiers.

Check the stick thread with all the info on gear to maximize your progression.

My interest in this game is rapidly dropping because I don't know where I have gone wrong

I can easily clear C1, lose horribly on C2, get to 3/5 of C3. When I ultimately went to a public room to leech a win of C2, I saw someone with an ascension at least 30 lower than mine with a wall with 200k more health, having 800k at T1. My walls (I use Mystic for this) have 689k. I have yet to see any loot that can even better my totem, let alone boost it up 200k and nothing else I get from C1 is good. I lost a C3 before writing this and had killed the Siege Roller and got a Mythical helm. In all but one case, 2 stats would go up by a single digit under five, another up by 30 or so and the final stat would fall 500. SO I don't get better loot from C1, I can't get loot from C2 and I can't get better loot from C3 (Because I don't have the devotion to this game to work hard to pass round one to probably lose round two, all for a chance at getting a good item).

Where can I get weapons with more than 1.1k Hero Damage and not have every other stat fall off a cliff? Yes I don't plan on taking hits, so HP isn't a problem, but I do want strong crits and manabombs at least, I want more than just hero damage, that shouldn't be too hard.

I see people use PDTs as the main DPS in C2, but I don't see how, I don't know what to do in C2 at all. I can't find good places for Flamethrowers, PDTs are just weak, Earthshatter is too slow to do what Flamethrower does, and it feels like even if I got loot from C2, it would still be worse than what I've got from C1. I've got a Medallion for Flamethrower, Mark for Earthshatter and I have an Orb on PDT, but I only bring it up because it seems I don't know how to use them. Empowered Flame, is that good? is 2.6k on a Medallion and 2.5k on a Mark where you would expect someone at ASC 92 to be? What is typical? Am I just that horrendous at placing? I just line up Flame Auras in front of the PDT, Lightning Strikes if I can, that seems to kill everything, is that not fast enough? How do I make it go faster then? I can't upgrade Destruction or Crit Damage Shards further, I've maxed crit chance, moved on to crit damage that just seems to make sense to me.

Is this game a case of there is only one way to play it? A way to make gear that gives you -500 for about +40 better than the +500 gear? From what I've read, upgrading doesn't seem to make your loot better, but no loot is better, no relics are better

@RDM quote:

My interest in this game is rapidly dropping because I don't know where I have gone wrong

I can easily clear C1, lose horribly on C2, get to 3/5 of C3. When I ultimately went to a public room to leech a win of C2, I saw someone with an ascension at least 30 lower than mine with a wall with 200k more health, having 800k at T1. My walls (I use Mystic for this) have 689k. I have yet to see any loot that can even better my totem, let alone boost it up 200k and nothing else I get from C1 is good. I lost a C3 before writing this and had killed the Siege Roller and got a Mythical helm. In all but one case, 2 stats would go up by a single digit under five, another up by 30 or so and the final stat would fall 500. SO I don't get better loot from C1, I can't get loot from C2 and I can't get better loot from C3 (Because I don't have the devotion to this game to work hard to pass round one to probably lose round two, all for a chance at getting a good item).

Where can I get weapons with more than 1.1k Hero Damage and not have every other stat fall off a cliff? Yes I don't plan on taking hits, so HP isn't a problem, but I do want strong crits and manabombs at least, I want more than just hero damage, that shouldn't be too hard.

I see people use PDTs as the main DPS in C2, but I don't see how, I don't know what to do in C2 at all. I can't find good places for Flamethrowers, PDTs are just weak, Earthshatter is too slow to do what Flamethrower does, and it feels like even if I got loot from C2, it would still be worse than what I've got from C1. I've got a Medallion for Flamethrower, Mark for Earthshatter and I have an Orb on PDT, but I only bring it up because it seems I don't know how to use them. Empowered Flame, is that good? is 2.6k on a Medallion and 2.5k on a Mark where you would expect someone at ASC 92 to be? What is typical? Am I just that horrendous at placing? I just line up Flame Auras in front of the PDT, Lightning Strikes if I can, that seems to kill everything, is that not fast enough? How do I make it go faster then? I can't upgrade Destruction or Crit Damage Shards further, I've maxed crit chance, moved on to crit damage that just seems to make sense to me.

Is this game a case of there is only one way to play it? A way to make gear that gives you -500 for about +40 better than the +500 gear? From what I've read, upgrading doesn't seem to make your loot better, but no loot is better, no relics are better

Loot is bass ackwords at the moment. You can get loot drops with better stats that are lower ilvl, meaning it will greatly halt your progression. Just have to go by gold sell value on same rarity gear to judge what's "better".

As for towers, PDT's and flame throwers are gangsta and you need them to clear C2, as your traps will be disabled by cyborks. Flame throwers and PDT's need medallions. Empowered flame is great for a flame thrower, as well as defense speed and defense crit damage or range, depending on what you have available and your ascension level. PDT is good with defense speed/defense crit/ range, assuming you don't have the two poison shards yet. Both of those towers need a mark and fully upgraded shards in order to pack a punch, so grind out those dailies and get those defender medals. Place PDT's pointing towards the front of your blockade to hit enemies in the back so that they are effective against shield guys. Aim a flamethrower from the side facing the blockade, maybe even two per lane. 

Hope this helps! Seems like you just focused too much on auras, as that was an easy win for C1 and C3. You need to embrace pdt's and flame throwers for this one Chaos trial and forget about them for a while after that. 

I want to continue playing this game, but no matter how I've set up on C2, PDTs don't do enough damage, Flamethrowers end up dead no matter where I place them if I still want to do damage and Earthshatter can't take it on alone, so I get no loot from C2, the loot I get from what I do on C3 is worse, but to get better items I have to equip worse items that sell for more, which I do have unless 200 is less than 150? Is there not a sensible way to get stats up so that I can get HP matching others? I don't know if my equipment is even good for where I should be in the limbo between demolishing C1 and failing at C2 and C3? SHould I just respec? I've put all of my stuff in the first post, should I just quit? Because I have a feeling that lower stats will make the game harder for me. DO I need other shards? I just don't know how I'm supposed to progress anymore

So here's what most people have been doing to combat the ridiculous loot system. You get a dummy character that you don't use for DPS or building and you throw EVERY upgrade onto that character. This slows down your DPS characters ability to do damage and your builders ability to build better towers, but it increases your progression. Typically, you make your dummy character the same hero as your DPS, so that you can at least give your DPS character some good weapons. Its absurd that we have to go to great lengths to progress and equip worse gear, but that's the state of the game right now.

As for PDT's not doing enough damage, i would have to know what you have equipped in that slot for shards and what type of medallion you have in there. Shards are groundbreaking and necessary, as you can essentially pay really money to buy them to directly enhance your game. You can increase your attack speed, defense power and crit damage easily by over 33% each by getting fully leveled shards, essentially doubling your currently PDT dps (assuming you have no shards in it). So if you have the beat the heat medals laying around and want to progress faster, it would be a good idea to farm the power transfer and defense speed shards, as well as defense power. As far as barricades go, you NEED the shard that adds 34% defense health and the one that gives you X% chance at your blockade getting a 250% defense health shield for 5 seconds. Those are monumental increases for blockades. 

So PDT's and Flamethrowers should both have medallions with defense power as their primary stat,, preferably medallions with 3 slots and defense speed/crit damage as secondary stats, which provides a HUGE damage increase above having defense health as a secondary stat on a damage dealing tower. What DPS hero are you using? Monk, EV2, Huntress and Gunwitch are the go to. Monk especially, can essentially one shot rollers for some bizarre reason. 

Any-hoo, moral of the story is that shards increase each towers dps by over 100% if used properly, so that may be why you are having trouble. Check out this spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XxXQo-SFDOfrUQ1nq37nHItTcIEDRn80M23xWS0mfM8/edit#gid=0

That will tell you where you are at in gear progression. If you see you aren't at the max stats from Chaos 1, you should go back and farm some more medallions/dps/dummy toon gear. 

THank you for explaining how loot works. The question down that path is "Why is loot so complicated that it needs some explaining to get right?", but that's something only Trendy can answer.

As for relics and shards, as stated in the first post, I have max Destruction, max crit damage, some range, empowered flame, max health boost, I do have Shield but I have that on the backburner for range first. As for DPS, I have said Apprentice due to being on a laptop (no mouse) and being able to do long distance shots, and if needed manabomb which does a hefty amount to anything. My issue is really in the fact that I don't if my relics are good, but now that I know what hoops I have to jump through to get stronger ones, I can eventually max out on C1, unless they're close enough to do C3, but that's only if I can reliably get Buried Bastille, which I would love hints on

This is a great question.

Trendy in DD2 have taken to controlling people's characters to make their jobs easier. So they dictate where your stats go and to a lesser extent where your ascension points go so that players can't break their characters. In other words, putting all your stat points in damage may sound a good idea, but it isn't, you'll get 1-shotted by a goblin. Instead of making this our choice, they decided it would save them a lot of grief by taking it out of our hands.

The is relevant to gear because its one of the few choices we actually have left: You pick the stats that are important to you. But because they have saved themselves the trouble of dealing with personal choices of players there are no systems in place to judge the power of players by non-linea means.

Instead of judging a player by an average of his stats, and placing weight on her two highest to compare against a piece of gear, the system uniformly assigns gear a value based on its hidden range of stats (eg 200-300 per stat), regardless of what stat it is.

In short: you have to wear crappier gear to get better drops.

This could all be avoided if drops were based not on what you wore but on what you'd seen. If you'd had a better item in your bag, it should set your gear up to that value. This would make progression drastically quicker, however, which is probably not what Trendy want, there is no end-game yet, after-all.

@RDM quote:

THank you for explaining how loot works. The question down that path is "Why is loot so complicated that it needs some explaining to get right?", but that's something only Trendy can answer.

hi defenders whats the best way to get strong barriers am in chaos 3  and unless am using lavermancer my barriers are less then 1mill i cant seem to get the Squire barriers over a mill hp 

@XDarkPulseX quote:

hi defenders whats the best way to get strong barriers am in chaos 3  and unless am using lavermancer my barriers are less then 1mill i cant seem to get the Squire barriers over a mill hp 

Just gear.

The best way to improve your barriers is check out YouTube for gearing up videos. MrJuicebags has a good place to start :-)

Its quite un-intuitive. 

@XDarkPulseX quote:

hi defenders whats the best way to get strong barriers am in chaos 3  and unless am using lavemancer my barriers are less then 1mill i cant seem to get the Squire barriers over a mill hp 

What the guy above me said. Also, make sure you have the Fortification shard equipped in your wall totem & have the shard fully upgraded. You should have 1 mill HP walls by ch3 (or very near it anyway) if you are gearing properly.

Where can i find detailed stats (up-to-date) of everything about this game? for example;

• What is ability power ratio of monk's heroic wave's heal
  • Skeleton archer's abitity power ratio when you use direct command on them
  • Initiate's crippling chi wave increase damage taken, reducing enemies damage percentages and how they scale with abiltiy power.
  • How much hero health effects each heroes total HP.

@RazorSanchi quote:

Is it possible to trade items such as pets and weapon at this given time? 

Nope.  The devs say they are talking about how to best implement this in the game, but so far it is not.