I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

It's kind of sad I don't know this, but what happens if you are playing the mystic and you run out of souls? Does the snake god kill you immediately?

@The huntress quote:

It's kind of sad I don't know this, but what happens if you are playing the mystic and you run out of souls? Does the snake god kill you immediately?

I think this happens to me before, its like the mystic got tormented or tortured (more like her life's got drained slowly) by the snake god which means its like when a hero stands on Maldonis' Dark Mark.

@Paloverde zfogshooterz quote:

@The huntress quote:

I think this happens to me before, its like the mystic got tormented or tortured (more like her life's got drained slowly) by the snake god which means its like when a hero stands on Maldonis' Dark Mark.

So she gradually loses life points?

@Finerframe quote:

A question about all the aoe auras: do they stack?

if i put two flame auras next to eachother and they overlap will enemies in the overlap take damage from both?

same with the weapon manufacturer, do multiple nodes from the same one deal damage seperatly or will they do the damage as one?

also what does the mega laser/atomic launcher scale with?

i shot the laser but it did the same amount of damage as one tick from the proton beam

same with the buff beam, what does it do/scale with?

You can try on the dummy targets. They do stack, which means both of the flame auras will do damage. 

Testing them for yourself is good for comparing when adding relics to your defenses and see which gives you more DPS, 2 cannonball towers or 2 flame auras, for instance, 2 flame auras + boost or 5 explosive thingies from The Huntress, etc.

I can't say about The Weapon Manufacturer, however, 'cause I don't own him and never used him, so I guess you should try yourself there :P

@| Tanta quote:

@Finerframe quote:

A question about all the aoe auras: do they stack?

if i put two flame auras next to eachother and they overlap will enemies in the overlap take damage from both?

same with the weapon manufacturer, do multiple nodes from the same one deal damage seperatly or will they do the damage as one?

also what does the mega laser/atomic launcher scale with?

i shot the laser but it did the same amount of damage as one tick from the proton beam

same with the buff beam, what does it do/scale with?

You can try on the dummy targets. They do stack, which means both of the flame auras will do damage. 

Testing them for yourself is good for comparing when adding relics to your defenses and see which gives you more DPS, 2 cannonball towers or 2 flame auras, for instance, 2 flame auras + boost or 5 explosive thingies from The Huntress, etc.

I can't say about The Weapon Manufacturer, however, 'cause I don't own him and never used him, so I guess you should try yourself there :P

yeah i forgot about the dummies i tested it after i posted that

but im still cusrious about the buff beam and the weapons from the manufacturer and what they scale with

New to the forums but not as new to the game. I've reached ascension 54 on the PS4, and I main the Dryad. Though I'm having some issues with Chaos mode. Specifically Chaos 2. Is there some sort of trick to dealing with Cyborks that I'm not getting? It seems like a pretty insane difficulty spike. I've leveled to the point of being able to cruise through chaos 1 trials with my eyes closed, but I can't even get past wave 1 of most chaos 2 trials. The defense shut down seems like a really harsh hurdle to overcome, maybe in chaos 4-5 or something it would be more acceptable, but as of right now it seems like my only option is to farm 1 like crazy and then jump to 3.

@SentaiSenpai quote:

New to the forums but not as new to the game. I've reached ascension 54 on the PS4, and I main the Dryad. Though I'm having some issues with Chaos mode. Specifically Chaos 2. Is there some sort of trick to dealing with Cyborks that I'm not getting? It seems like a pretty insane difficulty spike. I've leveled to the point of being able to cruise through chaos 1 trials with my eyes closed, but I can't even get past wave 1 of most chaos 2 trials. The defense shut down seems like a really harsh hurdle to overcome, maybe in chaos 4-5 or something it would be more acceptable, but as of right now it seems like my only option is to farm 1 like crazy and then jump to 3.

Several of the Chaos enemies are designed to counter some of your defenses. Cyborks are very good against traps/auras, but are just slow somewhat tanky dudes against other towers. Besides Harpies, Dryads defenses don't work well against them.

Try building PDTs, or other projectiles tower. There are also elemental stream towers like flamethrowers and rams that are useful all the Chaos enemies up to CT7, and special attacks like the Mystic vipers. Eventually all defenses will have counters so it is hard to just use 1 everywhere.

You can just get really big auras (with gambit + shard), and then you can plop auras down in safe locations that will allow them to avoid getting zapped but still hurt the critters. You can sometimes do this without the gambits/shards, but that is trickier.

@SentaiSenpai quote:

Okay. Let me explain something to you, DO NOT think your progression is based off of your Ascension level. It is not. You could be Asc 10000000000 and still only have campaign level gear. Check out this link though: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XxXQo-SFDOfrUQ1nq37nHItTcIEDRn80M23xWS0mfM8/pubhtml# It does a few things. One, it explains how progression works. Two, it gives you general stats on what to reach and what you'll need for reach and every chaos level. As for you having trouble with Chaos 2, don't use traps. Cyborks disable em. Use stuff like PDT's and Flamethrower towers. Those are gonna be your main counter to those annoying sacks of scrap metal. Your Asc level doesn't mean *** other than giving you small boosts in your stats.

Is there a way to start the ***ing game? I'm talking about Menu screen freezes, weird game freezes awesome blackscreens, 2 hour loading screends and so on. Even Ark is more stable than this.

@geo981010 quote:

@SentaiSenpai quote:

Several of the Chaos enemies are designed to counter some of your defenses. Cyborks are very good against traps/auras, but are just slow somewhat tanky dudes against other towers. Besides Harpies, Dryads defenses don't work well against them.

Try building PDTs, or other projectiles tower. There are also elemental stream towers like flamethrowers and rams that are useful all the Chaos enemies up to CT7, and special attacks like the Mystic vipers. Eventually all defenses will have counters so it is hard to just use 1 everywhere.

You can just get really big auras (with gambit + shard), and then you can plop auras down in safe locations that will allow them to avoid getting zapped but still hurt the critters. You can sometimes do this without the gambits/shards, but that is trickier.

@Zeros Deathwolf quote:

@SentaiSenpai quote:

Okay. Let me explain something to you, DO NOT think your progression is based off of your Ascension level. It is not. You could be Asc 10000000000 and still only have campaign level gear. Check out this link though: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XxXQo-SFDOfrUQ1nq37nHItTcIEDRn80M23xWS0mfM8/pubhtml# It does a few things. One, it explains how progression works. Two, it gives you general stats on what to reach and what you'll need for reach and every chaos level. As for you having trouble with Chaos 2, don't use traps. Cyborks disable em. Use stuff like PDT's and Flamethrower towers. Those are gonna be your main counter to those annoying sacks of scrap metal. Your Asc level doesn't mean *** other than giving you small boosts in your stats.

^_^ Thanks for the help, both of you! It helped a lot. I know it's kinda dumb, but I wasn't really thinking of my bees as auras, so I'll beef up my PDTs and continue toying around with Flame towers.

Fairly new DD2 player here. So yesterday i was playing the game and i just reached ascension level 64 and my hero, the Abyss lord randomly got pink glowing rings under his feet? I'm just a little curious on how I received these?  Help me out guys.

New to the forums, Xbox One here.  

When i am trying to join a game with open slots it works only 10% of the time.  Frequently i hit A on the game and nothing happens.  Am I missing something or is the interface that bad or a glitch?

Thank you!

Hello I just restarted after coming back from a long break

I'm still getting used to the new controls and new interface (jesus christ they actually redid the horrible inventory, thank god). I just have a few questions concerning the class classes and such.

I stopped playing when Abyssal Lord came out and hes still my go to guy along with my dps huntress, but I have 3k gems and now I kinda want to try a new hero. So here are the things im going to ask

1. I want to play another hero, but Im not sure what I should be going for. Should I aim for another tower builder or should I just go for a better dps?
  2. If a Tower Builder is an option, who should I go for? The Lavamancer, EV and Mystic look very interesting
  3. If a DPS is an option, who should I go for? I still have my DPS huntress but I sorta want to try someone else.
  4. Is a Squire still required for solo play for the barricade? Or did I miss out on a bunch of patches and Barricade tower isn't as good anymore?
  5. I noticed my Chaos Trap (and a bunch of runes) for my huntress is gone, is there a way to get it back?

Answers would be great, thanks!

@Hoon quote:

I'm still getting used to the new controls and new interface (jesus christ they actually redid the horrible inventory, thank god). I just have a few questions concerning the class classes and such.

I stopped playing when Abyssal Lord came out and hes still my go to guy along with my dps huntress, but I have 3k gems and now I kinda want to try a new hero. So here are the things im going to ask

1. I want to play another hero, but Im not sure what I should be going for. Should I aim for another tower builder or should I just go for a better dps?
  2. If a Tower Builder is an option, who should I go for? The Lavamancer, EV and Mystic look very interesting
  3. If a DPS is an option, who should I go for? I still have my DPS huntress but I sorta want to try someone else.
  4. Is a Squire still required for solo play for the barricade? Or did I miss out on a bunch of patches and Barricade tower isn't as good anymore?
  5. I noticed my Chaos Trap (and a bunch of runes) for my huntress is gone, is there a way to get it back?

1) Whatever you fancy. If you're looking for a fresh start, I'd start with a builder. But in my (admittedly limited) experience, how you build your hero makes no difference, I'm plodding through Chaos 4 just fine with my hybrid Dryad.

2) As you can switch between heroes in game (F keys) it makes little difference who you pick. EV and Mystic currently have greater utility at higher Chaos tiers, but as things change, so could that. EV cant build solo (no blockades), so if you like building more or less single-hero Lavamancer is a great choice. Check out the YouTube vids, pick the one you prefer the look of.

3) If you like ranged DPS EV is very cool, single target burst damage no one beats the Lavamancer, tho a case could be made for Dryad, both are melee heroes. Basically again, pick based on what you like although those three deserve a mention.

4) Barricade is fine. My personal preference is World Tree from Dryad (odd that ;-) although that is going to be getting nerfed soon as all the other barricades are getting buffed on size, it isn't. Also take a look at Lavamancer's Maw (huge, tough, 2x cost), The Mystic has a barricade that floats enemies upwards helplessly (very useful on Chaos 5), most people still use barricade because everyone has squire. World Tree covers a slightly smaller area but heals everyone around it and improves their crit chance, its also the tallest barricade so pretty handy for fliers... But I'm sure other barricades have their plus points too.

5)Probably not. They may get patched back in... But I'd not hold my breath.

@gspgoose quote:

Is there a way to get the Megaladon pet anymore?

Megaladon? What are you talking about? No such pet in DD2, unless you are calling an in game pet by the wrong name?

@Hoon quote:

The standard answer is play whomever you think  you will have the most fun with, as all heroes are in a very good state & are all very good for different reasons. But all can DPS AND build with 1 hero purchase. No longer do we need to buy multiple heroes to build and DPS.

That said....

1 - My personal fav is EV2! She has one of the best DPS outputs with auto attack (after some gearing & Sharding) with an HD build. Her Defenses rock house! Her Weapon Manufacturers are part of chaos 7 meta right now. Her Proton Beams (with frosty beams) are super awesome in some chaos difficulty. Her reflect walls are almost necessary in chaos 6. Even in early chaos, her defenses are very powerful. Flying Kobolds will dive bomb into her Proton beams and do no dmg to them. Her AP build is awesome, too! Proton Cannon wrecks house! Her death from above is a great distraction tool for enemies + does big dmg & gets even bigger dps output with a couple shards. Her grav bots are fast & easy to use while doing biog dmg especially vs Siege Rollers. I like to throw up 1-3 grav bots + death from above vs rollers...it's very effective!!

2/3 - See above answer. After EV2, either Mystic or LM are really good options. LM walls can stone 1-2 enemies in place at a time. While stoned, other enemies will attack the stoned enemies, effectively creating a temporary wall. His fissures are pretty strong, but his oil geysers are prolly his best defense! They slow down enemies SOOO much! Especially after you get the slowing shard and upgrade his oil geyser slow in ascension. He does better as AP DPS rather than HD DPS. That said, you will need at least 2 fissures placed on order to keep using his abilities, as his fissures are what refill his "mana." His eruption does crazy i hit burst dmg! His Molten core ability can 1 shot many bosses (with enough AP of course) in most chaos difficulties. By FAR he is the fastest hero in game. Submerged, he can reach 0-60 in 0.05s Speaking of submerged, if you are stuck in a large group of enemies & cannot jump out, then he can submerge for a quick & easy escape! This is also his healing ability.

Mystic walls are really useful vs assassins (starting chaos 5) as they will bubble enemies up in the air. Alot of ppl like to use these walls + water geysers knockup + Sky Guard towers as a viable setup to win matches. Her snaking sands are beast naturally slowing ans stunning enemies in a large crowd. Her DPS isn't quite as big as EV2 or LM, but her crown control is 2nd to none! She can make a large group of enemies attack each other pretty much until they are all dead. Then she can turn enemies into a temporary snake tower that attacks other enemies.

4 - You missed out on a  bunch of patches. All walls are viable now. Apprentice walls are still smaller than the rest, but they will be getting bigger sometime this week. Most ppl just go to squire walls cuz they are 30 DU & are bigger than apprentice walls (which cost 30 DU now, instead of 20 DU). I mentioned how effective mystic walls are earlier. I like to use Lavamancer walls alot, even though they are 60 DU. I explained their usefulness earlier, too. They are also like 1.75x bigger than squire walls. imo they are worth the 60 DU. Others might disagree, but I know a good # of ppl will also agree. So...it's a split among the community about whether 60 DU is worth it for LM walls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7F7QjJ_K8&t=1s&list=PLLsVTZAnioCh9Ryz_cteSVZfODolx1ctY&index=22

5 - Best way to get your passives back is to go through the chaos trials & earn them back in the form of shards. Passives & skill spheres are dead. Shards are the new passives. You can level up your shards & move them around from gear piece to gear piece & from relic to relic. Long gone are the days where we have to do endless farming for "the perfect passive gear piece/relic." Great move by Trendy in my opinion. You should have been compensated a large amount of gold for all the skill spheres you once had. The more skill spheres you owned, the better off you were. They definitely gave you much more than you paid for originally.

Here is a chart of where you an find what shards: https://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Shards

Not all of the passives from NM1-4 have made it back into the game yet. But, they will once we get more chaos difficulties.

Not sure how to progress in your gear? Just keep looking for higher armor stats and/or higher sell prices. Also, here is a guide on the highest gear piece you can get per chaos (not needed, but ppl find it useful): https://dd2tools.com/calcs/

If you have any questions left, feel free to PM me & ask! :-)

@SpiderDanX quote:

@gspgoose quote:

Is there a way to get the Megaladon pet anymore?

Megaladon? What are you talking about? No such pet in DD2, unless you are calling an in game pet by the wrong name?

I think he meant the Xbox one exclusive Megadon pet. I could be wrong, but if that's what he's looking for, all I know is you'll have to win that C7 yeti incursion to obtain or unlock that.