I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

Will Dungeon Defenders 2 on console keep up with the updates and DLC on PC? or will it be a repeat of Dungeon Defenders 1? Where PC Dungeon Defenders was remarkably better than console. Also will the game be the same on all versions. DD1 on console, your stats maxed out around 140 I believe, whereas on PC your stats increased however high you made them. I just want to know if it's worth investing my time and money into the console version.

@Zrovom quote:

Will Dungeon Defenders 2 on console keep up with the updates and DLC on PC? or will it be a repeat of Dungeon Defenders 1? Where PC Dungeon Defenders was remarkably better than console. Also will the game be the same on all versions. DD1 on console, your stats maxed out around 140 I believe, whereas on PC your stats increased however high you made them. I just want to know if it's worth investing my time and money into the console version.

Trendy has made a pretty strong commitment to avoiding the repeat of that issue from DD1. A lot of their design choices within the game seem to have been made in such a way to try and make sure it is not technically difficulty to put on consoles (which was one of the biggest issues with things like the summoner from DD1). They also frequently push off PC patch dates to try and keep them in sync with consoles, although hot fixes and major issues do sometimes find their way to PC first.

Been playing only a few days, in Act III, but I'm curious... is there a way to farm Dungeon Medals? Or, is that limited to 250-400 once a day from Daily Missions?

@DrkrZen quote:

Been playing only a few days, in Act III, but I'm curious... is there a way to farm Dungeon Medals? Or, is that limited to 250-400 once a day from Daily Missions?

The best way is to do all your dailies, and other than that you just play the game, winning maps for 25 medals each win. 

@Unicorn808 quote:

@DrkrZen quote:

The best way is to do all your dailies, and other than that you just play the game, winning maps for 25 medals each win. 

Ugh. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

I was under the impression that when you finished an incursion you are suppose to receive a legendary item specific to that incursion. Is it only a chance to get the item and not a guarantee?

I got one other super awesome question. Do certain maps have designated loot pools?

I ask because I just finished fighting Betsy, and got the Aerial Bane bow. Will that be something only dropped from that level?

Word up. I haven't played for I think about a year now, a lot of stuff's changed and I'm learning it as I go. Thing is, I have no idea how to just start a regular game. There's Campaign, Trials, Incursion and 'Any Game Mode'. Thing is, clicking the latter just brings up a "Please choose a Game Type!" message, yet it seems to be the only way of playing anything higher than Campaign Hard without diving too deep. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

@Faysumi quote:

Word up. I haven't played for I think about a year now, a lot of stuff's changed and I'm learning it as I go. Thing is, I have no idea how to just start a regular game. There's Campaign, Trials, Incursion and 'Any Game Mode'. Thing is, clicking the latter just brings up a "Please choose a Game Type!" message, yet it seems to be the only way of playing anything higher than Campaign Hard without diving too deep. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Trials is the next step after the campaign, it has seven difficulties that introduce new mobs in each tier which make certain towers difficult or impossible to use. They are also designed to be failed the first few times you try them, as long as you can kill the first boss on wave two you can progress.

@redragon6466 quote:

@Faysumi quote:

Trials is the next step after the campaign, it has seven difficulties that introduce new mobs in each tier which make certain towers difficult or impossible to use. They are also designed to be failed the first few times you try them, as long as you can kill the first boss on wave two you can progress.

Ah, I realised where I went wrong. Took me a day to figure out the stat handout has changed. I was trying to defend with no additional Defence stats -w-

Thanks!

i am a lvl 126 abyss lord and i have been playing trials 3 and  i have not gotten a weapon or any gear better than my friend thats ascension lvl 50 he actually has got better drops i have gotten nothing am i to high lvl for trials 3 and it restricts my loot?

@travis21 quote:

i am a lvl 126 abyss lord and i have been playing trials 3 and  i have not gotten a weapon or any gear better than my friend thats ascension lvl 50 he actually has got better drops i have gotten nothing am i to high lvl for trials 3 and it restricts my loot?

Ascension doesn't factor into your loot drops, however you might be at the top of the current chaos's loot table, you can use this chart to see if you have reached the max of the chaos you are in. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PNFslftU37q0KKEY-2EaxasXFpg2wkGr2kcu8UJ1XqQ/edit#gid=0

If you aren't at the max then I would suggest reading this to understand how to progress, https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/145586/

My friend says he got  both terra blades on the chrome enemies incursion, the one required to unlock them.

i normally trust what he says says but ive done a few times without getting any so im not sure if its true or hes just trolling me

@Finerframe quote:

My friend says he got  both terra blades on the chrome enemies incursion, the one required to unlock them.

i normally trust what he says says but ive done a few times without getting any so im not sure if its true or hes just trolling me

Well I think its probably the RNG or luck. Cause for example, in power surge, my friend did obtain the Glaive of the Storm through drop while I din't and I did also obtain the Meowmere at the Maldonis Incursion through victory chest rewards.

I'm trying to find out how to get a box with reagents for pets... Or even how to get eggs. Is there a certain level? Stage? Difficulty? Can't figure this out...

PS I'm just glad I don't see all the mod’ing anymore!!

Eggs start dropping after you beat Betsy in the campaign. Reagents start dropping a lot more frequently once you get to Chaos Trials, but they should drop in small amounts in the campaign as well. 

Agreed with the modding! Every public game was a crap shoot back then with people leaving modded weapons on the ground to give everyone 2 billion gold, infinite damage weapons etc. 

@calciomoti quote:

I'm trying to find out how to get a box with reagents for pets... Or even how to get eggs. Is there a certain level? Stage? Difficulty? Can't figure this out...

@Derek564 quote:

Eggs start dropping after you beat Betsy in the campaign. Reagents start dropping a lot more frequently once you get to Chaos Trials, but they should drop in small amounts in the campaign as well. 

Agreed with the modding! Every public game was a crap shoot back then with people leaving modded weapons on the ground to give everyone 2 billion gold, infinite damage weapons etc. 

@calciomoti quote:

Thank you!! I just beat Betsy and got an egg. Just got a bit impatient I guess.