No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Hydrazine quote:

@Seph quote:

-These are the Hero attacks that do Magic Damage:

1. Monk:
    All Abilities
    Secondary Attack.
  2. Huntress:
    Phoenix Strike ability (if i remember the name correctly, hah)
    Stickynades (Uber Skill Sphere)
    Secondary Attack
  3. Apprentice:
    Everything deals Magic Damage. 

Great list, but Stickynades is physical.

Monk's Pole Smash (Ability 1) deals physical damage. There are also some things missing too. A more accurate list would be the following:

• Monk Chi blast
  • Monk secondary attack
  • Huntress Oil Flask
  • Huntress Piercing Shot
  • Apprentice primary attack
  • Apprentice secondary attack
  • Apprentice Tornado
  • Apprentice Arcane Volley
  • Apprentice Mana bomb
  • Squire Seismic Slam

Also note that the following used to deal magic damage, but now they deal physical damage:

• Huntress secondary attack
  • Squire Sword Beam

@gigazelle quote:

@Hydrazine quote:

@Seph quote:

-These are the Hero attacks that do Magic Damage:

1. Monk:
    All Abilities
    Secondary Attack.
  2. Huntress:
    Phoenix Strike ability (if i remember the name correctly, hah)
    Stickynades (Uber Skill Sphere)
    Secondary Attack
  3. Apprentice:
    Everything deals Magic Damage. 

Great list, but Stickynades is physical.

Monk's Pole Smash (Ability 1) deals physical damage. There are also some things missing too. A more accurate list would be the following:

• Monk Chi blast
  • Monk secondary attack
  • Huntress Oil Flask
  • Huntress Piercing Shot
  • Apprentice primary attack
  • Apprentice secondary attack
  • Apprentice Tornado
  • Apprentice Arcane Volley
  • Apprentice Mana bomb
  • Squire Seismic Slam

Also note that the following used to deal magic damage, but now they deal physical damage:

• Huntress secondary attack
  • Squire Sword Beam

seismic slam deals physical damage now, making squire locked into physical damage as apprentice is locked into magical

hello, I'm new to DD2 but played quite a bit of DD.  my question is How does the Hero Deck work?  i am a level 33 mage in 2 days of playing, but i want to try out the other heros.  how do i add hero, as the "create character" button never allows me to press it?

Hey y'all, I've got a question about the spheres u can buy. For the Monk it says it has 2 different things: 'Lightning Strikes Aura Range' and 'Lightning Aura Range'... what is the difference? 

Also I would like to know.. I have this daily now it says: Electrocute 250 enemies.. I wonder how I do that since my lightning aura isn't triggering the progress of the quest/daily at hand. 

Please let me know y'all! 

@AlCap0wnd quote:

Hey y'all, I've got a question about the spheres u can buy. For the Monk it says it has 2 different things: 'Lightning Strikes Aura Range' and 'Lightning Aura Range'... what is the difference? 

Also I would like to know.. I have this daily now it says: Electrocute 250 enemies.. I wonder how I do that since my lightning aura isn't triggering the progress of the quest/daily at hand. 

Please let me know y'all! 

Hey,
The first one refers to the 2 different traps, the normal lightning aura and the uber version which you can make when you buy the sphere from pirate lady, lightning strikes.

As for the electrocutes, this is different from just electric damage. you need water and electric damage, which causes a stunning effect. The most common way is with huntress geyser traps and monk lightning aura. You can also do it with a weapon that does water damage, a pet with water damage or the pet wave ability

@bigwillmcd quote:

hello, I'm new to DD2 but played quite a bit of DD.  my question is How does the Hero Deck work?  i am a level 33 mage in 2 days of playing, but i want to try out the other heros.  how do i add hero, as the "create character" button never allows me to press it?

Hi the trick to creating a new hero is that you need to be in the public tavern. You normally login to a public tavern and can make one then. After you play a match you will be in either a group or private tavern. To get back to public either go to the big doors near the war table or press esc then click leave.

Once you make a new character just drag it into an empty Hero Deck slot. Hope this helps!

gigazelle Grim indeed

Thank you, noted and edited the post.

Edit: Any ideas on how can i link a profile with a spacing, like Grim has, would be very appreciated :P I'd love to know if it's possible and how do i do that.

@Accidental Potion quote:

@bigwillmcd quote:

Hi the trick to creating a new hero is that you need to be in the public tavern. You normally login to a public tavern and can make one then. After you play a match you will be in either a group or private tavern. To get back to public either go to the big doors near the war table or press esc then click leave.

Once you make a new character just drag it into an empty Hero Deck slot. Hope this helps!

OK thanks!

@steyge quote:

Hello, n00b player here. My question is about Defense Stat of towers or structures, where more than one player played a part in.

So let's say Player1 builds a tower and Player2 upgrades that tower. Do the stats of Player2 matter here and if so how?

The question came up in a discussion that one Player could focus on levelling his character for Tower defense and builds all of the structures, and a second Player never builds any structure but uses his green mana only for upgrading already built structures. Is that a viable strategy?

Hey Steyge, these are exactly the strategies you should use. The tower stats only depends on the builder. If an upgrade from one player was worse you would have to drop your mana every round to get the best possible towers.

Most players end up having (at least) 2 sets of gear per character. This allows you to switch between being able to build strong towers or it someone else it building, do DPS. NOTE: if you build and then switch your towers will have their stats change, so if you need a DPS character make sure you switch to one you haven;t build on that map with.

@Seph quote:

gigazelle Grim indeed

Thank you, noted and edited the post.

Edit: Any ideas on how can i link a profile with a spacing, like Grim has, would be very appreciated :P I'd love to know if it's possible and how do i do that.

Can't be done, it's a legacy thing from the previous forums. New names can't be created with spaces in them and old ones with spaces can't be linked to.

I always wanted to ask this to a developer of Dungeon Defenders:
Have you ever felt like a plastic bag?

@HuStK quote:

@Omega_Firesoul quote:

Is there a reason i can't make a new character,. I got two slots left but the game wont allow me to make a new character.

You have to be in the tavern to make a new character, u can't be in a map.

I found out it was a glitch, I had to actually leave the game. And I was in A tavern but apparently it has to be THE tavern.

Hey guys!

I have 2 questions,

Monk: I want my boost auras to boost my Wall HP, what item or stat am i looking for?

Mage: Are there items out there, that boost my defence power AND give me the damage boost stat on forst towers? 

i have been looking for some time now for these items, and maybe im just unlucky, but i cant find them

@Beliefke quote:

Hey guys!

I have 2 questions,

Monk: I want my boost auras to boost my Wall HP, what item or stat am i looking for?

Mage: Are there items out there, that boost my defence power AND give me the damage boost stat on forst towers? 

i have been looking for some time now for these items, and maybe im just unlucky, but i cant find them

1. Grab the sphere that gives the hp boost.

2. Yes there are. You're unlucky I guess, praise to RNGsus my son.

Okay I've got a pretty big question about weapon damage calculation because I'm having trouble deciding on which weapons to use for my first character who is a bow dps huntress.  Currently there are 4 main types of bows I am seeing -

Shotgun-Type (1-4 attacks per second, 10 shot spread)

Volley-Type (1-4 attacks per second, 4 shot arc-spread)

Machine Gun-Type (4 attacks per second, 1 shot spread)

Sniper-Type (1-2 attacks per second, 1 shot spread)

The damage stat for these bows of different types is usually the same at similar item levels.   So this has lead me to believe that it's actually a DPS stat rather than a flat damage stat (which would favor bows with high attack speed).  

What I'm curious about is whether the dps is relative to a single projectile hitting, or all of them hitting.  For example - shotgun type bow you can step right up to something and hit with all 10 shots.  If you miss with a single projectile, does that mean your bow is doing less than the sheet dps stat?  This would heavily favor single target bows in my opinion except for situations where you need to hit a large number of low health targets and your single target would overkill them. 

The alternative would be that each projectile does the sheet dps which would heavily skew damage in the other direction, meaning a shotgun-type bow would have the most damage by far and the single target bows would be seriously outclassed.

If someone could shed some light on this mechanic for me I'd really appreciate it.  Sorry for the wall of text.

@Nasreth quote:

Okay I've got a pretty big question about weapon damage calculation because I'm having trouble deciding on which weapons to use for my first character who is a bow dps huntress.  Currently there are 4 main types of bows I am seeing -

snip

If someone could shed some light on this mechanic for me I'd really appreciate it.  Sorry for the wall of text.

The weapon damage is really more of a damage per second stat. Its divided up across both the number of attacks per second, and the number of projectiles. So as long as you hit with all the projectiles every shot, the dps should be the same either way.

In theory. In practice, the charged primary sphere, which gives you a 15% chance to do a charged up secondary shot instead when you're just shooting, means I see better results from faster weapons.

Also don't forget the importance of headshots, and which firing pattern makes those easier for you.

As for firing patterns, you missed two.

falcon, 1-4 per second, 9 projectiles in a falcon pattern, travel rather slowly.

and Dart, which shoots 6 projectiles together in a 3 by 2 box formation.

@Hydrazine quote:

@Nasreth quote:

Okay I've got a pretty big question about weapon damage calculation... snip

The weapon damage is really more of a damage per second stat. Its divided up across both the number of attacks per second, and the number of projectiles. So as long as you hit with all the projectiles every shot, the dps should be the same either way.... snip

I wasn't aware of the charged primary sphere because I haven't made it that far, but that sounds like a very useful mechanic.  Thanks for mentioning it.

So it seems that based on the usefulness of that sphere combined with headshots that a low spread and fast attacking weapon is probably the best option for a DPS huntress, assuming you have the aim and reflexes to make it work?  Headshots are going to generate the most dps, and low spread means you're more likely to concentrate more of your dps into them, plus it reduces the chance that your spread will miss the target partially causing you to lose damage.  

That seems to limit bow choice pretty heavily, but at least I think I understand the mechanic now, so thank you.

is there any way to know the server status? other than trying to log in, if so,can someone give me the link ^^?

@Demogarose quote:

What does the Curse Betsy puts down actually do? 

It decreased the damage done by defenses inside the radius by a lot. You can even check by pressing E while something is in it.

@felipg quote:

is there any way to know the server status? other than trying to log in, if so,can someone give me the link ^^?

I don't know if there is a direct way, probably not, so I guess their twitter might be the best option right now. https://twitter.com/trendyent

@Jorgejmc quote:

the app uber works well ?

Which one? I have no experience with the tornado uber, but I can say with confidence that flamethrowers can be impressively effective, but require wider lanes or peculiar terrain. Hairpin turns are even better.

@Hydrazine quote:

@Jorgejmc quote:

the app uber works well ?

Which one? I have no experience with the tornado uber, but I can say with confidence that flamethrowers can be impressively effective, but require wider lanes or peculiar terrain. Hairpin turns are even better.

thanks i will get it