No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Fabii159 quote:

Have dd2 a beta server for players who want to test new updates ?

Q:  Does Trendy need feedback on these changes? How can I help with that?

Yes, we do! The most useful feedback would be your hands-on impressions, and if you want to do that, you can join our Remote Playtesting Group. Email dani.moore[at]trendyent.com if you’re interested!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be putting water to explosive trap then :/ Thank you Paloverde and All Your Yeahs for the help :)

Exploding Poison shard - yes. Any enemy inside the small AOE explosion area when an enemy poisoned by the shard dies, will also be poisoned. I am not sure if that includes minibosses or not. Works gre

Yeah, there is a hidden condition that "explosion" is basically treated like it's an elemental, so anything that does AOE explosive damage will not take on any mod elements. Includes  Huntress traps a

Well what are you looking for?

What difficulty are you at?

What are you struggling with if anything?

How do you like to play? Active DPSing, or do you prefer to let the defenses do more work?

All the heroes are worth it basically. Personally my least used right now is the Abyss lord, since I've had him for so long and his hero DPS is a little bit on the weak side. Or rather, its because its just so damn hard to get the right combination on gear to really make him shine.

The abyss lord is currently the hardest hero to get loot for. Since his abilities also scale with defense stats. So gear for him will spawn with both hero and defense stats mixed together.

With the right gear he can be very strong, but keep in mind it will be harder to find. The update that is coming will probably fix this, or we can at least hope.

The abyss lord can be really strong, but it will require more effort than other heroes simply due to the fact how loot spawns for him.

In the end, its all up to you, watch some videos of the different heroes if you haven't.

If you seek just raw and easy power, Abyss lord is currently not the go to pick.

If I had to recommend a all round strong hero. I would say EV2. One of the stronger DPS characters, solid defenses except for ONE almost totally useless one as of right now. So you will basically only get 3 towers with this hero. And one of these is the buff beam so you really only get two offensive defenses which might put you off.

But those two are really good, they offer great damage, CC and the reflect wall is probably my favorite. It really helps out your blockades to survive longer. They are a bit expensive though. 

When I first got EV2, I had more fun with that hero than I had initially with the abyss lord. The EV2 bombs offer quite a different play style to than the normal four heroes.

The bombs will let you deal with Siege rollers, which I don't think Abyss lord is capable of right now. That is something I've heard, have not personally tested it so might be wrong about that.

Also keep an eye out for sales on the starter pack on Steam, if you ever want to spend some money on the game. They are super good value, even decent value when not on sale.

What is the best hero to counter Goblin Siege Rollers?  

I quit back when there where 4 heroes, they're all between ipwr 600-700 and i can do NM4 with a bit of struggle but as soon as a steamroller comes up in wave 5 I'm done for, my DPS huntress can't seem to cope.   

I know to attack from the back, and shes geared for hero damage / ability power.  

I have a wall squire, trap huntress, DPS huntress, frost tower boost apprentice and a Tower monk with infernal combuster / serenity mods  

i also have an ungeared Abyss Lord, also, are lightning auras useless now? even on the sidelines they seem to be destroyed by steamrollers, what about huntress traps?

Thank you.

@Squishydew quote:

What is the best hero to counter Goblin Siege Rollers?  

I quit back when there where 4 heroes, they're all between ipwr 600-700 and i can do NM4 with a bit of struggle but as soon as a steamroller comes up in wave 5 I'm done for, my DPS huntress can't seem to cope.   

I know to attack from the back, and shes geared for hero damage / ability power.  

I have a wall squire, trap huntress, DPS huntress, frost tower boost apprentice and a Tower monk with infernal combuster / serenity mods  

i also have an ungeared Abyss Lord, also, are lightning auras useless now? even on the sidelines they seem to be destroyed by steamrollers, what about huntress traps?

Thank you.

Go to [[150185,users]] profile here on the forums and take a look at some of his threads. Very good info on how to deal with them.

As for huntress traps, there is no real way of getting them to survive the roller rolling over them.

Huntress is a little weak at the moment but you should be able to deal with them as long as you take precautions. Maybe build a couple extra blockades, use the right pet abilities etc. 

For example if you have a drago lich, you can use that on one character and swap to another with poisonous tips or sandstorm.

Hi i started to play again yesterday and i see that all my gems that i got from the defender pack on steam is gone and i have skins that i didn't buy.Is it possible that i have been hacked? and is there someone who can help me refund everything as it was when i played?

@Madeen quote:

Hi i started to play again yesterday and i see that all my gems that i got from the defender pack on steam is gone and i have skins that i didn't buy.Is it possible that i have been hacked? and is there someone who can help me refund everything as it was when i played?

Log a ticket with Support using the form in the sticky thread in the Technical Support sub forum.

Been awhile since I've tried getting into the game, but there's one thing that I was wondering about:

Since it seems like everyone now will be able to do both DPS and Building somewhat effectively from the sounds of it (while still probably being able to focus on one or the other to an extent), what happens to a character like Gun Witch which has no defenses?

Are they just going to be outright weaker due to being only DPS? Or (which I would really prefer) will they be getting defenses as well? I just personally don't like the "Only DPS" type characters especially when the character stereotype could have a lot of fun concepts.

@Akutare quote:

Are they just going to be outright weaker due to being only DPS? Or (which I would really prefer) will they be getting defenses as well? I just personally don't like the "Only DPS" type characters especially when the character stereotype could have a lot of fun concepts.

They confirmed in the Dev 70 that she will remain pure DPS and not utilize the relic/defense slots for anything.

@Brum quote:

I have heard that you can test the trials update but where do i do that?

Yes, we do! The most useful feedback would be your hands-on impressions, and if you want to do that, you can join our Remote Playtesting Group. Email dani.moore[at]trendyent.com if you’re interested!

@kreags20 quote:

what is the best way to get gems?

Well, since gems are the premium currency, there really isn't a best way. you can do the campaign and get a sizable number, but then after that, you have to buy them with real money, or get them when buying DLC from the steam store.

@Yoeblue quote:

@Brum quote:

I have heard that you can test the trials update but where do i do that?

I can't find where I email him xD

@OpulentAsh23 quote:

Someone tells me, How do I get my shield to fire when I use it?

unholy sword from incursion unholy catacombs  from chest at end  then just block and it makes shield shoot flames

@Mikeb41672 quote:
@OpulentAsh23 quote:

Someone tells me, How do I get my shield to fire when I use it?

unholy sword from incursion unholy catacombs  from chest at end  then just block and it makes shield shoot flames

I still don't get how a sword gives a shield a flamethrower effect. Shouldn't a shield give you that passive?

Unholy Fire - Blocking unleashes a flame dealing X-200% Hero Health as fire damage twice per second. it's based on Ability power

@TUSM quote:

I still don't get how a sword gives a shield a flamethrower effect. Shouldn't a shield give you that passive?

lol I had that same thought. That passive would make more sense if Swords & Shields were a single item rather than separate ones.