I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@ronthedistance quote:

i see that the wiki's updated drop list doesn't have certain weapons, specifically speaking the wailing glaive

Does this mean they're a random drop or that they're no longer droppable ? 

Wailing Glaive drops from the spooky monk on the Terraria map incursion version (ipwr660-700) and Temple of the Necrotic (ipwr 700-750).

@LANEXX quote:

I did a longer break with DD2. I would like to know what happened to the magic and physical resist lanes? Did they removed it? 

I used a defence power archer with the über sphere for physical and without it for magic resist lanes. How does the über sphere work now and why does the new characters does not have these spheres? 
Are there other resistences now? 
Is the dps archer still good like the gunwitch?

Yes, magic & resist lanes are gone. There was a time when there seemed to be alot of discussion about resist lanes not allowing "free play" of tower placement. Basically meaning that we could not use any build on any lane we wanted. As a result, Trendy took away resists lanes. Unintended consequence was that the game became easier.

What was it replaced with? You may recall how onslaught worked, where some lanes were speedy, others were "healing" lanes and still others had brute force (strong/heavy) enemies, etc. These mechanics were brought to the rest of the game to offset the loss of resist lanes.

As for the uber spheres, they still do what they did before, but are not as "niche" as they used to be. 

Regarding Huntress, she still does some really good DPS. Prolly not as good as EV2 or Gunwitch, but with her weapon that reduces enemy resistance by (12-17), she makes a huge impact vs bosses, ogres and special enemies.

Hope this helps! :-)

@Malaka quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

@ronthedistance quote:

i see that the wiki's updated drop list doesn't have certain weapons, specifically speaking the wailing glaive

Does this mean they're a random drop or that they're no longer droppable ? 

Wailing Glaive drops from the spooky monk on the Terraria map incursion version (ipwr660-700) and Temple of the Necrotic (ipwr 700-750).

Seems like the only way to obtain a halloween weapon >700 is to kill Maldonis.

When you open spooky chests on Temple of Necrotic Incursion, the spooky heroes have a chance of spawning. Kill them & you have a chance at them dropping spooky weapons. Although, you might be right about only Maldonis dropping 700+ ipwr spooky weapons.

I'm just getting back into DD2 after almost a year of not playing. How do you get the golden table flipper? I am aware that you can get golden pet eggs from onslaught mode.

@tobi1290 quote:

I'm just getting back into DD2 after almost a year of not playing. How do you get the golden table flipper? I am aware that you can get golden pet eggs from onslaught mode.

I don't think you can at this point. There was this carnival, see? And lots of crazy stuff were given out/earnable or could just be won by spending gold or "tickets" (temporary enemy drops) on a wheel of fortune. That was the only time that I recall we could get golden premium pets. Other than that, just the normal pets can be golden when selecting pets in onslaught, which you mention.

@xXKillahEdgeDumbXx CZ quote:

is there anything else to do? cuz being honest, this game has soooooo low lvls of content that i got bored when i nearly maxed out the power of my gun witch (which is my second hero that i got)

Let's see here:

1 - Play tutorial

2 - Play through campaign

3 - Level up heroes

4 - Level up pets

5 - Fight through nm 1-3

6 - Gear heroes

7 - Make pets specific to your heroes

8 - Play Nm4 defense for Storm gear for your DPS heroes

9 - Get ipwr 750 gear for builder/waller heroes via Incursions

10 - Farm Souls of night for those nifty ipwr 750 Terraria weapons

11 - Complete your dailies

12 - Complete the weekly

13 - Make new friends

14 - Chat with new friends

15 - Make new enemies

16 - Black list new enemies

17 - Discover that you can have frienemies :-)

18 - Figure out how this new "frienemies" thing works :-P

19 - Add constructive criticism and fun discussions here on the DD2 forums

20 - Rinse & repeat #'s 13-18 on the DD2 forums. ;-)

Am I missing anything? Some people might amount all of these things as "no lifing" and it probably is. But, if that is not enough to keep you playing, then maybe wait for end game & then try it out again. :-)

@SpiderDanX quote:

@tobi1290 quote:

I don't think you can at this point. There was this carnival, see? And lots of crazy stuff were given out/earnable or could just be won by spending gold or "tickets" (temporary enemy drops) on a wheel of fortune. That was the only time that I recall we could get golden premium pets. Other than that, just the normal pets can be golden when selecting pets in onslaught, which you mention.

I would like to preface this with letting everyone know that the carnival will return each year, I can't remember the exact date but early 2017 should be the 'ticket'...ayyyy
Also Might want to look into onslaught, every 15 rounds used to have a chance of rewarding a golden egg, pretty sure that's still the case if you selected 'pet' as the reward. Quite the effort though.

I need help, I just started the game and it will not let me join anything. Whenever I click on 'Start Campaign' it always loads and then says "Matchmaking Error; Sorry, your request has timed out." This happens whenever I go into the Town, Private Tavern, Tutorial, and Start Campaign. I've tried switching my region and no hope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

-Byron

@byronian quote:

I need help, I just started the game and it will not let me join anything. Whenever I click on 'Start Campaign' it always loads and then says "Matchmaking Error; Sorry, your request has timed out." This happens whenever I go into the Town, Private Tavern, Tutorial, and Start Campaign. I've tried switching my region and no hope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

-Byron

Strange that region switching wouldn't work, and I am assuming you've got your ports open and have tried both private and offline modes. This has been a reoccurring issue for defenders for a long time now. First things first, I'd open a ticket with trendy to get your account 'unstuck' as that may be the issue, they can identify that when they contact you back. 

An old fix used to be to change your download region in the steam>settings then restarting steam and trying to play. But I really don't think that would be the issue.

What are the events that you sometimes get medals for at the end of a match and sometimes don't? I'm sure it should be obvious, but I've been playing for months and I still don't get it. I just finished doing Demon's Lair twice. 1st time, got 24 medals for events, 2nd time, no event medals. Nothing special seems to happen when I get event medals. What are they for? I'm not talking about dailies.

[[156353,users]] Weekend double medals.. your second run probably finished after the weekend event ;)...

Tho it would be nice if there was a display someplace saying Hey double medals or double weeklys someplace but i havent seen it..

@LJMjollnir quote:

Soda_taffy Weekend double medals.. your second run probably finished after the weekend event ;)...

Tho it would be nice if there was a display someplace saying Hey double medals or double weeklys someplace but i havent seen it..

Thanks. Sure would be nice if this were announced in game. I play on PS4 and check the forums only once in a while. They don't work too well on my phone and I don't bother dragging out the laptop too often. Maybe if you're on a PC to play, you've got the DD2 page in the background, so it's easier to keep up.

@soda_taffy quote:

Thanks. Sure would be nice if this were announced in game. I play on PS4 and check the forums only once in a while. They don't work too well on my phone and I don't bother dragging out the laptop too often. Maybe if you're on a PC to play, you've got the DD2 page in the background, so it's easier to keep up.

FYI, I just noticed there's a link on the title screen to sign up for a newsletter. 200 medals for signing up.

I have not really played a whole lot since before the release of the carnival. What would be my best bet to get back in the game gear wise?

I jumped in a match and got some drops put me around 1LVL 400ish I beleive. Any help would be great. 

Playing on PS4 BTW.

@sceptre6` quote:

What would be my best bet to get back in the game gear wise?

I don't get it what are you trying to say..., I try to put italic on those words that make the whole sentence doesn't make sense.

I think you mean " What is the best gear in the current meta"
Actually there's none, it depends what hero you're using and what build you're using for them. For example, I want a DPS monk, so I have to go hero and crit dmg, If I want a defense huntress, I go for defense power and defense crit.

@sceptre6` quote:

I jumped in a match and got some drops put me around 1LVL 400ish I beleive (believe). Any help would be great. 

I believe you jumped into a NM3 game.

@sceptre6` quote:

I have not really played a whole lot since before the release of the carnival. What would be my best bet to get back in the game gear wise?

I jumped in a match and got some drops put me around 1LVL 400ish I beleive. Any help would be great. 

Playing on PS4 BTW.

Other than button differences and layout differences, there is no diff between PS4 & PC :-)

As for where you should start when getting back into things, I suggest buying a new hero or two & run them through the new campaign. There is added story lore to the campaign. + once you finish Harbinger, you will be level 50 with both your new heroes. :-)

After getting 2 new heroes to 50, here is what you will want to do:

If you can't beat NM4 maps, then do just grind through nm1-3. Any gear will work.

Once you beat NM1-2 (or if you can already beat NM4 with any currently geared hero) here is what you will want to look for:

1 - Unholy Catacombs Incursion and beyond will give you a chance at getting ipwr 700-750 gear. On the last wave on each incursion, when you have 50-100 enemies left, switch to a builder hero or waller hero so that the victory chest will have a chance to drop gear for (head, chest, arms, legs, relic) that builder or waller hero. 

2 - Huntress Poison Dart Tower Bow (Is really good now) - go to Chrome enemies Incursion.

3 - Storm Gear:

Storm gear is for your DPS hereos. They are pretty much the best thing for DPS since sliced bread. :-P 

Storm Gear includes - 

Storm Helm: Gives you +20-100 more max mana; Gives a chance at VERY quickly & largely replenishing your mana for 1-3s.

Storm chest: Basically your taser suit, if you remember that far back. Gives a chance at stunning enemies for some time in a large AoE

Storm Gloves: Lets you shoot lightning form your hands!! shoots 1 lightning bolt every second doing 15-25% hero dmg bouncing to 2-4  enemies (great of you have a drenching weapon or pet with drench ability)

Storm Boots: Makes your hero faster! Also adds storm dmg sometimes when you land from a jump. Movement speed varies from 400-800 (sum1 correct me if I am wrong on the variable)

For more details and where to find storm gear (and builder gear and ipwr 750 gear), go here: http://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Items#Unique_Items

4 Pets - These little critters got a huge upgrade a 2-3 months ago. Best for DPS heroes, but of course can use them for builder & waller hereos, too. 

Strongest Pet abilities currently include (in order from Gooder, Better, Best):

Gooder: SandStorm (need earth pet)

Better: Dragolich Pet

Best: Poison Tips

I supposed Drago & Poison tips could be interchanged. They may be equyally as good, depending on what you are going for. Stat wise, Poison tips lasts longer & does 130% hero dmg (and applies to all nearby heroes) vs Drago with 5s length & enemies receive 100% more dmg. Means defenses can do more dmg to enemies, too.

Other noteworthy pet abilities:

Gato Fireworks

Reflect shields (fire, earth, lightning/storm, water)

G4-T0 robo kitty pet Radial Ability.

And OH! you can buy pets with Defender Medals! What are Defender Medals? Hopefully you have been able to figure it out since yesterday. If not, then you win Defender medals by completing waves (Less onslaught waves), maps, dailies and bonus weekly missions. These are used to purchase heroes, hero spheres for new heroes (Abyss Lord & beyond) and many other things, including some old monthly pets (recolored).

Off topic, tune in tomorrow (Friday 12-9-2016) for TE Devstream 3 PM EST for more fun news coming up soon!

Hope this helps!!

Been playing for a few days now and feeling pretty confident.  Something I'm not clear on is who's stats get used for the towers.  If I build with my Apprentice, then switch to my Ranger for combat, is it the Rangers defense stats that get used, or the Apprentices?

The stats of your defences are based on the one that builds them if u change heros will not change the power of your defences.

@nmc123 quote:

The stats of your defences are based on the one that builds them if u change heros will not change the power of your defences.

So it is actually ideal to have a deck of support characters just for building towers, then a single char that you use for combat?

@Swift2568 quote:

@nmc123 quote:

So it is actually ideal to have a deck of support characters just for building towers, then a single char that you use for combat?

Yes and no depending on the maps and levels u want to do mainly because the gears will drop with passives for the hero that u have active during batle fase, this means sometimes u need be able to bring out your builders during batle fazes so u get gears for them.

And sinse eatch hero have alot passives based on the defences that sometimes make u have more than 1 version of the same hero in order to be able to get the best of 1 kind of defence.

Is there anything other than costumes/accessories that is only available via diamonds?  (Follow-up: if costumes/accessories are the only diamond-exclusive items, what are the coolest costumes in your opinion?)

Also, what order should I unlock the extra heroes in?

@Flipz quote:

Is there anything other than costumes/accessories that is only available via diamonds?  (Follow-up: if costumes/accessories are the only diamond-exclusive items, what are the coolest costumes in your opinion?)

Also, what order should I unlock the extra heroes in?

Pet skins, like katkarot, Samaria kitty, etc. cost gems (diamonds as you called them).

I really like the lightning squire and lightning Monk. Another cool one is the volcano apprentice. Valhalla Squire is pretty dope, too!