No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@General Amelia quote:

Did shellium shards get the axe? I just watched a couple eggs rot and didn't get any, I also didn't see them needed to upgrade pets. I have not played in a while.

Yeah, they got the axe. Eggs decay into random pet materials.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be putting water to explosive trap then :/ Thank you Paloverde and All Your Yeahs for the help :)

Exploding Poison shard - yes. Any enemy inside the small AOE explosion area when an enemy poisoned by the shard dies, will also be poisoned. I am not sure if that includes minibosses or not. Works gre

Yeah, there is a hidden condition that "explosion" is basically treated like it's an elemental, so anything that does AOE explosive damage will not take on any mod elements. Includes  Huntress traps a

I imagine PC Splitscreen is really rather hard because you don't have a set of parameters to work with. You also can't expect everyone to have controllers, so having keyboard controls for some people and controller controls for others...

The first Dungeon Defenders was made for low powered phones and then ported up at a later point. This game is PC first. I imagine that with all the variability on PC, a lot of things can go wrong in a lot of ways. Don't buy the PC version if you're going to expect split screen on PC. There's no way to log into multiple steam accounts on the same game. Since character data is stored on servers... she wouldn't be able to have character progression.

It works on PS4 because of every controller allowing you to sign into a different user account in which character data can be utilized, saved, ect.

If they made it to where she could just play characters on your account, you guys wouldn't have enough character slots without paying a lot of money, or worse, that becomes the new standard, and everyone ends up creating characters, and positioning them around, and playing the game like some sort of 5 nights at Freddies VR craziness.

I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong on the logistics of the software infrastructure, but it just doesn't seem possible the more I think about it.

@CL | Squigglez quote:

Hey, I'm just now getting into DD1 with my girlfriend, and we're in love with it.  We'd like to get into this as well, but it seems like splitscreen isn't even on the agenda for you guys.  It's on the PS4 version, when can we expect to have it?  I really hope this doesn't become another Diablo 3 situation. :(

@MakaiOokami quote:

I imagine PC Splitscreen is really rather hard because you don't have a set of parameters to work with. You also can't expect everyone to have controllers, so having keyboard controls for some people and controller controls for others...

The first Dungeon Defenders was made for low powered phones and then ported up at a later point. This game is PC first. I imagine that with all the variability on PC, a lot of things can go wrong in a lot of ways. Don't buy the PC version if you're going to expect split screen on PC. There's no way to log into multiple steam accounts on the same game. Since character data is stored on servers... she wouldn't be able to have character progression.

It works on PS4 because of every controller allowing you to sign into a different user account in which character data can be utilized, saved, ect.

If they made it to where she could just play characters on your account, you guys wouldn't have enough character slots without paying a lot of money, or worse, that becomes the new standard, and everyone ends up creating characters, and positioning them around, and playing the game like some sort of 5 nights at Freddies VR craziness.

I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong on the logistics of the software infrastructure, but it just doesn't seem possible the more I think about it.

@CL | Squigglez quote:

Hey, I'm just now getting into DD1 with my girlfriend, and we're in love with it.  We'd like to get into this as well, but it seems like splitscreen isn't even on the agenda for you guys.  It's on the PS4 version, when can we expect to have it?  I really hope this doesn't become another Diablo 3 situation. :(

back in DD1, there were ways for people that didnt have controllers

ie, trick the system you had xinput and bind onto keyboard

this was a way for people who didnt have controllers to splitscreen 4 players for farming

either that or get a controller

DD1 is irrelevant because all the data on DD1 was stored locally. All the data on DD2 is stored serverside to your steam account, and there's no way that I know of to log into multiple steam accounts at once without emulating a second instance of Windows.

Do I really have to go through and explain it again? I already explained it the first time... You didn't say anything that counter argued anything I said. The following statement basically nullifies the point of your argument. I didn't say 1 person on keyboard and the rest on Controller, I said:

"You also can't expect everyone to have controllers, so having keyboard controls for some people and controller controls for others..."

I was one of the early access players back in the day, but after I had min-maxed to the point of boredom, I dropped the game. Now, several friends of mine got me to re-install the game, and I'd love if someone could fill me in on what has happened in the past year.

I'm mostly interested in apprentice stuff, and already read about the new Hero Power weapon, and would like to know if apprentice damage built is viable as of today. I appreciate any replies. Thanks in advance.

@ShadowBerry quote:

I was one of the early access players back in the day, but after I had min-maxed to the point of boredom, I dropped the game. Now, several friends of mine got me to re-install the game, and I'd love if someone could fill me in on what has happened in the past year.

I'm mostly interested in apprentice stuff, and already read about the new Hero Power weapon, and would like to know if apprentice damage built is viable as of today. I appreciate any replies. Thanks in advance.

Apprentice is totally viable as both a DPS and a builder. For DPS you are going to want to either get the new weapon from the Buried Bastille or the Armageddon from Ramparts Incursion. Id' suggest going Hero Damage and Hero Crit for both, but AP is also viable for the Bastille weapon.

For towers, your main asset is either Frosty Power towers to help buff other defences (works best with Huntress traps, Monk lightning aura or EV proton beams), or the Flame Thrower (which you will need the uber sphere for).

As a builder, you wont be bringing as much damage or utility as Abyss Lord or EV, btu as I said, it's still a viable choice, especially before Nightmare 4.

I hope this helps a little.

@EdTheDuck101 quote:

Apprentice is totally viable as both a DPS and a builder. For DPS you are going to want to either get the new weapon from the Buried Bastille or the Armageddon from Ramparts Incursion. Id' suggest going Hero Damage and Hero Crit for both, but AP is also viable for the Bastille weapon.

For towers, your main asset is either Frosty Power towers to help buff other defences (works best with Huntress traps, Monk lightning aura or EV proton beams), or the Flame Thrower (which you will need the uber sphere for).

As a builder, you wont be bringing as much damage or utility as Abyss Lord or EV, btu as I said, it's still a viable choice, especially before Nightmare 4.

I just finished Bastille on Nightmare 4, with 10 seconds left.
Had two buddies of mine with me, and it took us a few tries to get the tactic right.

I'll keep in mind what you've told me, as right now, I've been mostly collecting AP / Hero Power gear.
I don't play alone, and mostly my "job" during a game is to dish out as much damage as the hero.

Thanks for helping out, much appreciated.

I was about to buy the collectors edition and some other DLC today and I find out that the Collector's Edition is gone. What happened? was there any warning?

@T1BillionX quote:

I was about to buy the collectors edition and some other DLC today and I find out that the Collector's Edition is gone. What happened? was there any warning?

Yes, it was written in the devstream recap and I think somewhere else too; but I'm not sure about the 2nd source.

Are there any plans of including local coop / splitscreen in the PC version?

I have bought both games since launch, one in PS4 and the other in PC; I noticed that the PS4 version had split-screen for up to 2 players, will this also be available in PC and possible extend that to 4-player local split-screen much like the original Dungeon Defenders?

@EdTheDuck101 quote:

@ShadowBerry quote:

Ed - being on the defense counsel, I give you recognition for all that you have done for DD2! Has off to you!!

As for your comment about builder Abyss Lord (AL) and builder EV2 not "bringing as much damage or utility" - was this a typo? If not, what do you mean by that? AL alone can build nm4 maps with no problem. EV2 only needs AA Support, but the rest she takes down nm4 like nobodies business. Both of them just build DPower & Dcrit along with the right passives. Being Viable and being a great option (which they both are a great option) are 2 different things.

Anyway, other than that, you are spot on for Apprentice. :-)  hope I just misunderstood what you were saying. Cheers! 

@Dreizehn quote:

@T1BillionX quote:

Yes, it was written in the devstream recap and I think somewhere else too; but I'm not sure about the 2nd source.

So I missed it by like a day, darn. I had the intention to buy it with some other DLC and start playing regularly.

@minamitsu quote:

Is there a place on here I can go to report a player?

If I remember correctly you have to use the support mail. If you do so, please remember to provide screenshots and/or videos as proof.

Is there an update today? Also, I just got the thunder-o pet instead of the 400 medals i wanted through daily. Is this intentional? Lol.

@Shadow 1924 quote:

@Rosisson quote:

I stopped playing some time ago and came back, did they stop with monthly missions?

Yep, they replaced them with weekly missions. 

My quest page is telling me to complete the campaign to unlock monthly missions, should it still say that? I did the entire campaign a looong time ago, but I also went back and cleared all the missions listed as New on campaign and it still says that. Should it be a weekly mission? 

@Talehon quote:

@Shadow 1924 quote:

@Rosisson quote:

I stopped playing some time ago and came back, did they stop with monthly missions?

Yep, they replaced them with weekly missions. 

My quest page is telling me to complete the campaign to unlock monthly missions, should it still say that? I did the entire campaign a looong time ago, but I also went back and cleared all the missions listed as New on campaign and it still says that. Should it be a weekly mission? 

I imagine this is because the previous weekly is finished, but the new one has yet to begin. It's old text that most likely needs updating, as it is very confusing.

Are daily missions only referring to incursion maps?  Today my daily mission was, "Defeat 3 forest maps" or something to that effect.  It specifically lists the "Liferoot Forest" in its example, but says nothing about incursion maps.  When I defeated the Liferoot Forest endgame map (insane level), I did not get credited for it when I opened up the Daily Quest menu.  Is this just a bug, or do I need to focus on incursion maps only while doing daily missions?  

@QtoTheBall quote:

Are daily missions only referring to incursion maps?  Today my daily mission was, "Defeat 3 forest maps" or something to that effect.  It specifically lists the "Liferoot Forest" in its example, but says nothing about incursion maps.  When I defeated the Liferoot Forest endgame map (insane level), I did not get credited for it when I opened up the Daily Quest menu.  Is this just a bug, or do I need to focus on incursion maps only while doing daily missions?  

My guess is that it is a bug. Cuz you can even do the maps on campaign mode and get credit, unless it specifically says incursion.

@QtoTheBall quote:

Hmm, must have been a bug because I did that map on normal (non-incursion) on Monday and got the credit for it on 2 daily quests.

Hey there.

I've gotten into my endgame gear grind for the first time since 25++.  I'm just looking for a little bit more information so I stay on the best track.  From what I've pieced together, farming NM4 onslaught for ilvl 700 gear, then hitting the crypts for the 750 chest is the way to go.  Please let me know if I'm mistaken.

Also, when farming Onslaught, is there a good reward to choose?  I never seem to get any gear worth note, and currency is rewarding me with <300g.  I'm thinking of just getting eggs and letting them rot to shellium would be best.

Cheers.

hey im new here i have a  problem with the game so i open the game it shows me the main page with the news and the button says play i press play it loads a bit and shows me random code massge that i dont understand and then i click ok and it closes the game its basicly like game crash so plz help me to fix it so i can play the game and thx if you help and sorry if this question was answered already and sorry for my grammer and spelling ,thx.

Where does one go in order to get iLvl 700+ gear?

Is that particular gear only from the end loot crate, or is there a map/mode to run in order to get reliable item 700+ drops?

Thanks.