I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Cirom quote:

Why does this forum claim I have 506 posts? I'm pretty sure my actual post count is closer to 6. ;o

I have the same problem! Have you owned DD1 for a long time/have you had your forum account since then? That's all I've been able to guess as the culprit for 500 posts randomly being tagged on to my count.

@k005 quote:

I have the same problem! Have you owned DD1 for a long time/have you had your forum account since then? That's all I've been able to guess as the culprit for 500 posts randomly being tagged on to my count.

I've had DD1 since they did the Free Weekend for it iirc (ie: Quite a long time ago), so that might be it. Pretty sure my forum account itself is recent, though! ;o

@Cirom quote:

Why does this forum claim I have 506 posts? I'm pretty sure my actual post count is closer to 6. ;o

There were some catastrophic issues with the forums last year that required a rollback of a couple months' worth of data. To make up for it, Trendy gave everyone who had an account an extra 500 posts.

@Player 8 quote:

Does defense speed affect freezing towers in any way?

Not to my knowledge. There have been some claims that it affects the wind up animation, but I have yet to see those claims verified.

@k005 quote:

@Faysumi quote:

I'm gonna have to do the math later on those particular pets, but for now I can tell you: Powerful pets have a typical DPS at max level (60) of 1800, whereas Legendaries have around 3000 DPS. Low numbers overall but quite different between them.

Also, Empowerment is the same across all pets, starting at [15-50], gaining +5 per Affection and capping at [315-350].

Thanks so much for the info! I've figured that Empowerment is the same across all of the pets. When you mention DPS, are you referring to the pet's displayed attack damage (ex: My pet displayed having a 358 Attack Damage.) Or the DPS displayed on a Target Dummy? (ex: That same pet uses 3 projectiles each doing 358 for a total of 537 DPS on a target Dummy due to its attack speed.) 

I'm sorry for being so persnickety about this, I'd just really like to know for sure since the people I've asked have had different stances on the matter! My first batch of eggs hasn't even rotted yet so I can't test evolutions myself for quite some time. :/ And then I won't be able to make a proper opinion on buying a cash shop pet! For instance, if you mean target dummy dps then the difference would feel negligible to me. But, if you mean the pet's attack damage then that could be quite significant! 

Pet DPS (Damage Per Second) is the culmination of the pet's AD (Attack Damage), AR (Attack Rate) and the number of hits per attack (which has no official quick term but I'll call HPA).

The formula being AD/AR*HPA.

The HPA is what can make some pets look stronger or weaker than they are since it's not written down.

@Faysumi quote:

Pet DPS (Damage Per Second) is the culmination of the pet's AD (Attack Damage), AR (Attack Rate) and the number of hits per attack (which has no official quick term but I'll call HPA).

The HPA is what can make some pets look stronger or weaker than they are since it's not written down.

Thanks so much! Now that I know that there's only a small difference between Powerful and Legendary pets.(1,800 vs 3,000 DPS) I won't feel bad about buying a cash shop pet, or for choosing a pet by its looks! :D

@k005 quote:

@Faysumi quote:

Thanks so much! Now that I know that there's only a small difference between Powerful and Legendary pets.(1,800 vs 3,000 DPS) I won't feel bad about buying a cash shop pet, or for choosing a pet by its looks! :D

Until they get buffed ;)

I know this sounds like a silly question, and mana in general could vary wave to wave and map/game to map/game. But something I've noticed is that at least while soloing, if I accept the chest mana, most mana on the ground seems to vanish. But this isn't to my knowledge that I'm actually getting all of the mana myself. I've done a map multiple times and I noticed that if I accept the chest, over times I gather all the mana from a wave and then open a chest, I typically come up with a fair bit more mana than if I had opened the chest. 

Wanted to see if other people experience this, or if this is intended that you are to run around and gather it all before it vanishes into oblivion upon opening the mana chest? 

@Han Peng MARS quote:

when I try to re-roll my pet's stats, it doesn't change at all unless I restart the game, 

is this a bug or something?

try unequipping your pet, and re-equipping it. It usually fixes that issue rather than restarting. 

@Lathyris quote:
@Han Peng MARS quote:

when I try to re-roll my pet's stats, it doesn't change at all unless I restart the game, 

is this a bug or something?

try unequipping your pet, and re-equipping it. It usually fixes that issue rather than restarting. 

Switching characters also works.

@Lathyris quote:

I know this sounds like a silly question, and mana in general could vary wave to wave and map/game to map/game. But something I've noticed is that at least while soloing, if I accept the chest mana, most mana on the ground seems to vanish. But this isn't to my knowledge that I'm actually getting all of the mana myself. I've done a map multiple times and I noticed that if I accept the chest, over times I gather all the mana from a wave and then open a chest, I typically come up with a fair bit more mana than if I had opened the chest. 

Wanted to see if other people experience this, or if this is intended that you are to run around and gather it all before it vanishes into oblivion upon opening the mana chest? 

Well known bug. It's to do with the limit of crystals that can be out at once. So opening a chest removes all the existing ones, therefore you need to grab them first.

@Faysumi quote:

Well known bug. It's to do with the limit of crystals that can be out at once. So opening a chest removes all the existing ones, therefore you need to grab them first.

Haha thanks for confirming it for me~! :) I don't mind, but it's nice to know why and to know I wasn't completely crazy. :P I assume it's again something they're looking into maybe increasing the allowed mana on the ground or something of that sort? 

I'm new to DD2 but have over 600 hours in DD1 so I should know this, but here goes!

I kinda don't get the pets. Do I have to feed them for them to stay with my characters or will they stay even if I don't feed them? Another thing. Is it worth really upgrading a Epic one? Or should I try for a mythic and change the stats on it when that works and level that one up?

Thanks <3

Quack quack...

I don't know about the other questions, but pets don't ever "run away", if that's what you're thinking - feeding your pet boosts its Pet Power, which increases the damage it does. (Additionally, doing levels with your pet boosts its Affection, which improves the two stats that it boosts)

As for upgrading.. I don't know too much about this, but I've heard that the differences between a Powerful and Legendary pet aren't that great - so really, just pick the pet you think looks the cutest. Or has the stat boosts most relevant to you. Although if someone could verify for me how Evolving plays into all this, I'd actually like to know this myself! ;D

@Cirom quote:

I don't know about the other questions, but pets don't ever "run away", if that's what you're thinking - feeding your pet boosts its Pet Power, which increases the damage it does. (Additionally, doing levels with your pet boosts its Affection, which improves the two stats that it boosts)

As for upgrading.. I don't know too much about this, but I've heard that the differences between a Powerful and Legendary pet aren't that great - so really, just pick the pet you think looks the cutest. Or has the stat boosts most relevant to you. Although if someone could verify for me how Evolving plays into all this, I'd actually like to know this myself! ;D

Last I read rarity (leg myth rare, powerful) assigned an original power to each roll, with higher rarities having a chance of rolling higher values (leg might roll between 1 and 50 while myth rolled between 1 and 45). Leveling boosts stats as you said while evolving levels up the ability each time and allows further leveling (10 levels before first evolution, then up to lvl 25). The number of times you can evolve depended on if it was a premium pet (and maybe rarity? not sure if normal legendary pets can evolve more, hopefully someone else can confirm)

@Accidental Potion quote:

@Cirom quote:

Last I read rarity (leg myth rare, powerful) assigned an original power to each roll, with higher rarities having a chance of rolling higher values (leg might roll between 1 and 50 while myth rolled between 1 and 45). Leveling boosts stats as you said while evolving levels up the ability each time and allows further leveling (10 levels before first evolution, then up to lvl 25). The number of times you can evolve depended on if it was a premium pet (and maybe rarity? not sure if normal legendary pets can evolve more, hopefully someone else can confirm)

Here I am again.

Powerful>Epic>Mythical>Legendary. The higher the rarity, the higher the maximum possible DPS.

Premium pets have better AD and AR the higher their rarity.

All pets have a max level of 60 and require three evolutions along the way, Fledgling at level 10, Veteran at level 25 and Elder at level 45.

For now, DPS isn't something to be worried about since even the highest doesn't do much damage, but maybe they'll be buffed eventually. Empower stats (currently the most important bit) are the same among all pets so pick your favourites.

Hello! 

I'd like to ask about the Pet evolution. When I evolved my pet it said the stats basically double. But there were no visual changes to indicate this. (i.e. the stats remain the same and the attack of my pet is the same on training dummy) 

Do I have to do something to activate the increase in stats/atk? Or was that just a bug?

@ddch2015 quote:

Hello! 

I'd like to ask about the Pet evolution. When I evolved my pet it said the stats basically double. But there were no visual changes to indicate this. (i.e. the stats remain the same and the attack of my pet is the same on training dummy) 

Do I have to do something to activate the increase in stats/atk? Or was that just a bug?

Pet stats and damage not improving is just a bug at the moment. Pets were going to change visually, but a design decision was made at the last minute to separate their evolutions into separate pets entirely. You'll notice there are several pets that look like they could be evolutions of each other, that's because they originally were going to.

My english bad. i have a problem. i try play this game on steam but its a very hard. i cant connect. i create account and go click play say this : TRANSACTION ERROR : Unknown transaction type. AUTHENTICATION FAILED: Could not successfully authenticate with Steam. Please try restarting the application. Contact support if the problem persists.

i try this 2 days please help me 

@Fassance quote:

My english bad. i have a problem. i try play this game on steam but its a very hard. i cant connect. i create account and go click play say this : TRANSACTION ERROR : Unknown transaction type. AUTHENTICATION FAILED: Could not successfully authenticate with Steam. Please try restarting the application. Contact support if the problem persists.

Hey Fassance,

Welcome and sorry you are having issues with the game.

Have you tried restarting Steam then trying to login?

Also, there is a section on the forums just for Technical Issues. 

Here is a link :)

@chesticles quote:

@Fassance quote:

Hey Fassance,

Welcome and sorry you are having issues with the game.

Have you tried restarting Steam then trying to login?

Also, there is a section on the forums just for Technical Issues. 

Here is a link :)

Sorry i move this post that link yeah ? 

Hello. new player here, I just wanted to ask about the weapon descriptions, specifically about the clock-looking thing which says "3.9%". And also what are the tear vials and what are they for? Thank you. :D

@Rikki quote:

Hello. new player here, I just wanted to ask about the weapon descriptions, specifically about the clock-looking thing which says "3.9%". And also what are the tear vials and what are they for? Thank you. :D

That clock is the attack speed :)

The tear vials? I think you are referring to an item needed to evolve certain pets to the next stage.

If you are not, I am not sure :P

@SRLesh quote:

When is the game going to be available for MAC? Would love to test it.

Hey, check out this link for more info :)