I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@superutybobby quote:

For the apprentice some staffs say x water damage or something. Does that mean x more damage or x of the staff damage is water damage. Also where can you get ice damage.

It's additional water damage.

Technically there's no ice damage in the game, however frostbite towers can freeze if you have the large sphere for it. Frozen enemies are prone to shattering upon taking smashing damage.

@superutybobby quote:

So if it is 300 damage and 100 water damage thats 400 damage?

Pretty much. There are differing multipliers in play such as the number of projectiles, swing speed, and shots per second, but the elemental damage is additive on top of weapon damage.

So I just completed that quest at the beginning, idk the name, and I had to go to the Seamstress after it, who gave me something that looked like a token of some sorts, saying I can use it to get a costume from her, but now I can't see that token anywhere, and she only sells costumes for that blue thingy. Any ideas?

Already asked that but didnt get an answer. The temporary inventory got removed, right?

So all the drops we dont pick up or autocollect are lost? Well are they lost or automatically sold? 

Also, did they say why they removed it in the first place? I found it was a good mechanic with the only downside being that it got a bit laggy when you farmed for hours, but they could have just put it in another place so we wouldnt have lag when browsing the inventory imo.

@Yamyatos quote:

Already asked that but didnt get an answer. The temporary inventory got removed, right?

So all the drops we dont pick up or autocollect are lost? Well are they lost or automatically sold? 

Also, did they say why they removed it in the first place? I found it was a good mechanic with the only downside being that it got a bit laggy when you farmed for hours, but they could have just put it in another place so we wouldnt have lag when browsing the inventory imo.

It was replaced by the scavenger, a straight downgrade to the temporary item box we had before. We had a near-perfect system at that point - the only thing that was left was to auto-TIB everything at the start of every combat phase and not only at the end of the map. Then when the scavenger was implemented we took about 20 steps backwards - it has since slightly improved, but nowhere near the convenience of what we had with the TIB before.

You are correct in that all loot not manually picked up or auto-collected is permanently lost. Not even sold, just lost.

And if you're mid-survival and stuff starts going to the scavenger? Too bad, you either get to leave your survival run to see what the scavenger picked up or you can continue your survival run and lose that gear.

@Milkopilko quote:

Is freeplay hard the best xp? If so, why did the awakening update make it sound like reaching endgame sooner allows you to level faster?

It's either going to be free play hard or end game insane. I haven't tried end game insane since the patch, but I anticipate it should give decent XP since it's designed to level you up from 40-50.

@gigazelle quote:

@Milkopilko quote:

Is freeplay hard the best xp? If so, why did the awakening update make it sound like reaching endgame sooner allows you to level faster?

It's either going to be free play hard or end game insane. I haven't tried end game insane since the patch, but I anticipate it should give decent XP since it's designed to level you up from 40-50.

When I was leveling up a new character (without the aid of previous 50's when I came back to this patch) insane free play was giving really good XP. Obviously I guess on a "xp per hour" it may not be, but hey, it'll give upgrades at least. 

How can I get the electrocute daily? I found a topic where I read that it only works If both the geyser and the lightning auras are mine, but how can I have two different things in one match? I'm really confused.

Checked, it doesn't work with ingame water traps+lightning aura, they get electrocuted but the counter stays at 0.

@Murdash quote:

How can I get the electrocute daily? I found a topic where I read that it only works If both the geyser and the lightning auras are mine, but how can I have two different things in one match? I'm really confused.

Checked, it doesn't work with ingame water traps+lightning aura, they get electrocuted but the counter stays at 0.

You need a Monk and a Hunter in your hero deck. During the building phase you can swap to the other hero by opening your Inventory, default key bind here is i. Now go to the topic "hero deck" and switch your hero.

Electrocute is a combo effect activated when a Drenched target takes Storm Damage.

This effect causes a Stun and extra Storm Damage to be taken. (source: http://dungeondefenders2.wikia.com/wiki/Electrocute)

So you need to drench the enemy with the geyser and after that dmg them with the monk lightning aura.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/541886257921740968/DB4B08A96B19C57AB3DAC66E7D3BDB11DFBC36FD/

Thanks for the answer gigazelle, but wow that sucks. The game has gotten so much better besides that... why would they do this. I could understand if it was to promote bag sells (even tho i wouldnt like it), but i have like a gazillion bags and if i were to auto collect everything i had to manually sort out and sell after every single map. That would be even more stupid tbh. Hope trendy fixes this system. Normally they realise when they mess up something, even if it takes some time.

If i bought the CE edition on steam does i have to buy it on PS4 aswel?

Is the accounts/servers seperate from Steam and PSN?

Hey, Hope someone can point me in the right direction of progressing in end game.

I have a level 50 squire and apprentice, they are not very well geared but looking to push into nightmare progression. My plan is to stack as much HP on my squire for blockade and use my apprentice for towers / frost. Do I need any other classes? What's the best build set up? Like I see huntresses using traps as the main damage output.

Thanks for any help!

@Ixionz quote:

If i bought the CE edition on steam does i have to buy it on PS4 aswel?

Is the accounts/servers seperate from Steam and PSN?

Yes, PSN and Steam accounts are 100% separate. They have no overlap, meaning that the collectors edition will only apply to the platform you buy it for.

@Solado quote:

Hey, Hope someone can point me in the right direction of progressing in end game.

I have a level 50 squire and apprentice, they are not very well geared but looking to push into nightmare progression. My plan is to stack as much HP on my squire for blockade and use my apprentice for towers / frost. Do I need any other classes? What's the best build set up? Like I see huntresses using traps as the main damage output.

Thanks for any help!

Hi 

If you look for help you can join this guilds discord channel.

Its nor very crowded now that its christmas but usually someones always there and can help you if they got the time.

https://discord.gg/0b8KW6CQkaCv6pWr

Guilds Steam url: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DD2SecretSociety

@buttstallion quote:

are frosty towers affected by defense power or only the unique passives?

To maximize the effectiveness of the boost, you must stack as much defense power as possible along with the highest percentages of frosty power passives. The highest passives appear on legendary gear.

@Solado quote:

Thanks for any help!

You will want another hero, preferably another squire or a huntress. The reasoning for this is due to lane resistances, you won't get too far putting magical towers on a magical res lane cause that'll reduce their dmg by a good chunk.

The current meta is a squire built for spike blockades, a apprentice built for frosty power, & a huntress for traps. The reason for this meta is mainly apprentices frosty power build as it can drastically increase the dmg of towers & combo's well with traps/auras. People use huntress because she can build both physical & magical mines thus takes care of both lanes with one character. Squires spike blockades have the most hp so people use his him.

This has probably been asked numerous times, but I don't know what search terms to use/digging through 35 pages of posts will be rough...

Can I "trust" the auto-collect at the end of rounds to pick up everything?

I played DD2 when it first launched in Early Access on Steam on and off for a while and just came back this weekend. I love a lot of the new features and the thing where it picks up loose gear seems cool but I have trouble trusting it. I still want to walk around collecting things. If I make sure that my bags are set to auto collect, and have a few bags for gear and a few for non-gear ... should it be fine? Will it pick up everything? I like getting everything so I can at least sell it, specifically on low level characters ask it's plausible some stuff might still be decent.