I_PASS_BUTTER

No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@gigazelle quote:

@Grim indeed quote:

im almost positive that the phys resist icon is yellow, either im crazy or that wiki page is out of date

You are 100% correct. Physical resist lanes are yellow, however they used to be blue. The wiki page is not up to date.

again, not positive, but i dont think ogres count as special enemies for either dailies/monthlies or the special delivery achievement

Again, spot on. Ogres are minibosses, not special enemies.

If it's not an ogre or betsy (Betsy is a boss) and it has the large health bar at the top, it is a special enemy.

Ogre's count as special enemies on the Forest Crossroads Incursion ... Timothy, Jimothy, and Gregory.

Greetings, I just came to ask if we will get an option to switch the gender of our characters in the future. Personally it is a big deal for me because if the character I am playing isnt at least the same gender as myself I cant fully impersonalize myself in said charachter e.g. I cant fully enjoy playing.

Hey I was wondering if there's a special reward for picking Currency on onslaught besides a pitiful amount of gold? If so, what round/rounds and what is the the "special" reward?

@SpectreRetro quote:

Hey I was wondering if there's a special reward for picking Currency on onslaught besides a pitiful amount of gold? If so, what round/rounds and what is the the "special" reward?

To find the "special" reward you need to play for 24 hours straight until you find Brad L. from Trendy, seen in this clip below.

I'm a big fan of the first game so i got exited to play it especially because it's free to play. The only problem is i only have a mac so do you plan on making a mac port soon? that would make me really happy.

Sorry if this is the wrong tread; i just don't know where to post this.

@Professor_Valconian quote:

@SpectreRetro quote:

To find the "special" reward you need to play for 24 hours straight until you find Brad L. from Trendy, seen in this clip below.

Heh, thanks :P I shall try to find the illusive Brad L. to get my eternal reward. Btw would you be down for onslaught or nm2/3? I have an HB squire and a dps huntress, IGN: Spectreretro

@Grim indeed quote:

@yasuamaya@yahoo.com quote:

First, is pet rarity/quality correlated to a Pet's strength? I've burned all of my rerolls on trying to figure this out and the answer seems to be "no." But, I'm unable to evolve any pets to see if the scaling for evolution is different depending on rarity yet. I've seen a lot of posts that hint that there is a power difference, and complain about cash shop pets getting a lower-than-legendary rarity.

there could easily be some factors im not aware of, but my powerful evilwick has lower damage bounds than my epic evilwick of exactly the same power level

That's exactly why I'm asking. I have a Powerful Voodu that is immeasurably stronger than my Legendary Serpentagon. I've burned about 5 rerolls of each type (10 in total) on the legendary pet believing that due to its legendary status it would inevitably become stronger than my Powerful one. I then started wasting even more rerolls on other quality pets and recording the ranges that numbers could be rolled between. I've learned since that regardless of rarity, a pet will always have the same roll range for Empowerment stats. (To a max of 50.) Whereas rolling a pet's attack stats seems to have mixed results. (Ex: My mythical pet's maximum damage rolls were lower than the powerful and epic ones that I have tried, yet it was lower than the legendary's.) This could be due to a number of things, pet type, (creeper/dragon/gato) number of projectiles, ect.

I lack the resources to delve into evolving the pets to see if perhaps there is a power difference when it comes to evolving a legendary vs evolving a powerful pet. (Ex: A legendary pet's stats could increase by 8x for each evolution whereas a powerful's might only gain a 3x bonus.)

I haven't really figured out how the Scavenger works. He has items a total of 2 times for me, once he had some random ring and the other time he has TWELVE pets foods.
Can anyone explain to me how it works? Or is it just random?

Is there some sort of guide to this game that I can look up since the game does very little to nothing to tell you what's going on and what I should be doing this is my first time playing any dd game

Sorry not meaning to be insulting I know it's a alpha and there's work to be done but just seems to cater to previous players while leaving new players in the dirt saying fin for yourself or just quit playing 

I'm also playing on ps4 so that might be my problem I'm not su anyway thanks in advance for any advice  you may have 

@LastTourniquet quote:

I haven't really figured out how the Scavenger works. He has items a total of 2 times for me, once he had some random ring and the other time he has TWELVE pets foods.

The scavenger is a little confusing because he was only recently created and as you said only rarely gets items. There are 2 ways for items to get to the scavenger.

1. Items falling off the edge of the map.
If you shoot down a flying enemy or use a trap like the wind turbine you can have items fall off the edge of the map. These are put in the scavenger to review when you have returned to the tavern.

2. Picking up items when all your bags are full.
If you fill all your bag slots (auto-collect and regular) and then MANUALLY try to pick up items they will be put in the scavenger. It is important to note that you cannot retrieve them until you have sold items to make more bag space,

@Accidental Potion quote:

@LastTourniquet quote:

The scavenger is a little confusing because he was only recently created and as you said only rarely gets items. There are 2 ways for items to get to the scavenger.

If you shoot down a flying enemy or use a trap like the wind turbine you can have items fall off the edge of the map. These are put in the scavenger to review when you have returned to the tavern.

If you fill all your bag slots (auto-collect and regular) and then MANUALLY try to pick up items they will be put in the scavenger. It is important to note that you cannot retrieve them until you have sold items to make more bag space,

Ok sure but that doesn't explain why one time he has Twelve pet food and nothing else. I severely doubt that I some how managed to lose 12 pet food off the side of a cliff.

@Meekboss quote:

Is there some sort of guide to this game that I can look up since the game does very little to nothing to tell you what's going on and what I should be doing this is my first time playing any dd game

Sorry not meaning to be insulting I know it's a alpha and there's work to be done but just seems to cater to previous players while leaving new players in the dirt saying fin for yourself or just quit playing 

I'm also playing on ps4 so that might be my problem I'm not su anyway thanks in advance for any advice  you may have 

It doesn't help that the PS4 version is an older version of the game. The PC version now has a decent starting tutorial that walks you through the game. Eventually this will be patched to PS4.

A brief summary is:  The game consists of waves of enemies (see top of screen for a counter). For each wave there is a build phase and a battle phase.

Build phase: Build defenses using number s 5,6,7,8 in the "Lanes" to defend the core. Lanes are marked by a line during the build phase. When you start you only have access to 5 so try out new defenses when you get them.
Fighting phase: Use the builder to help defend. The builder can build and repair in this phase but it is much slower.

As you progress you will get items. The general tactic is to specialize, either getting lots of tower stats or lots of hero damage stats. What exactly you want depends on your class and your own personal style.

My recommendation would be to look through youtube for videos of other people playing. Once you have seen what towers each hero has you'll get a better idea of how to build to defend maps.

@LastTourniquet quote:

What happens when my bags are full and I try to let then autocollect the items on the map?

Will the scavenger also collect them or will they be deleted/sold?

Sry for making a 2nd post for my 2nd question.

Did someone already tested the Gold spheres (medium)? Do u noticed a difference and would you recommend them to people who wants to farm more gold? And if so would it be better to take Sphere III (30% more gold received : cost 48k gold) or Sphere IV (15% chance that a killed enemy drops 100 gold : cost 56k)

Or would it be the best to combine them to get most gold? Do they stack with each other (so you get 130 gold if they explode)?

Are the costs worth its effect (maybe after what amount of time/monster)?

@Meekboss quote:

It doesn't help that the PS4 version is an older version of the game. The PC version now has a decent starting tutorial that walks you through the game. Eventually this will be patched to PS4.

A brief summary is:  The game consists of waves of enemies (see top of screen for a counter). For each wave there is a build phase and a battle phase.

Build phase: Build defenses using number s 5,6,7,8 in the "Lanes" to defend the core. Lanes are marked by a line during the build phase. When you start you only have access to 5 so try out new defenses when you get them.
Fighting phase: Use the builder to help defend. The builder can build and repair in this phase but it is much slower.

As you progress you will get items. The general tactic is to specialize, either getting lots of tower stats or lots of hero damage stats. What exactly you want depends on your class and your own personal style.

My recommendation would be to look through youtube for videos of other people playing. Once you have seen what towers each hero has you'll get a better idea of how to build to defend maps.

Thanks for the advice I got the general gameplay down now but I didn't realize there were roles we are supposed to fill if that were the case wouldn't it make sense to have a role selector too make grouping better and less random 

Also I'm a monk atm should I spec in building for my buff towers or should I spec dmg and just kind of not worry about towers at all? Or sort of a hybrid of the two?

@7Fatzke7 quote:

Did someone already tested the Gold spheres (medium)? Do u noticed a difference and would you recommend them to people who wants to farm more gold? And if so would it be better to take Sphere III (30% more gold received : cost 48k gold) or Sphere IV (15% chance that a killed enemy drops 100 gold : cost 56k)

Or would it be the best to combine them to get most gold? Do they stack with each other (so you get 130 gold if they explode)?

I find that the Gold Sphere IV (15% chance for enemies killed by heroes to drop 100 gold) works very well, and will pay for itself in no time, as long as you get yourself involved in the fighting.  Note that enemies killed by other heroes can trigger this gold for you, as well.

The 100-gold-on-kill and 30%-more-gold do not stack.  When a target dies, it drops 10 sacks of 10 gold, regardless of other Gold Spheres equipped.

@Allergy Remedies of Death quote:

Hey guys i have a big problem =/

I was switching buttons and took "scroll back" to drop the green mana and now i cant change my view back anymore plz help me <3 <3 

i play this game from like the first hour and it hurts to play it like that xDD <3 <3

Are you playing on the PC? If so, to drop build mana you're supposed to hit "M." Can you elaborate on what "Scroll Back" is? Sorry, I've just heard people use that term for a variety of things like the mouse wheel, the backspace key, or even the "page down" key. Have you messed with your keybinds at all?

@Suzaku4489 quote:

@7Fatzke7 quote:

I find that the Gold Sphere IV (15% chance for enemies killed by heroes to drop 100 gold) works very well, and will pay for itself in no time, as long as you get yourself involved in the fighting.  Note that enemies killed by other heroes can trigger this gold for you, as well.

The 100-gold-on-kill and 30%-more-gold do not stack.  When a target dies, it drops 10 sacks of 10 gold, regardless of other Gold Spheres equipped.

Nice to hear that other heroes can proc it as well. Im a DPS Huntress and that was a reason to think about it twice to buy the sphere. But now i will buy it (only sphere IV)  because i spend really much gold. Thanks for your answer

I have some nooby questions, so thanks for this thread.

- How can I change my forum avatar? If I click on it in user settings, it only prompts me to upload I file. I'd rather use one of the premades, however.

- I feel the inventory is way too small if you have auto-collect on (who doesn't). Is there a way to upgrade it for free? Maybe a mission bonus or some ingame vendor selling it for gold? I am too broke to spend any money on this game right now sadly. :/ (I plan to around Xmas) Plus I feel the prices for something so game-changing and important  like inventory bags are way overprized, typical F2P scheme. But I wished Trendy was better than that. :P

- is the difficulty adaptive? Like in, if I play a mission only with 1 friend, will it be easier than when 4 player joined? What if somone else joins in later?

Is it adaptive to player levels, or will a high level player entering the match just have a suuuper easy time?

- sometimes when many players joined my game, the mana crates gave me only liitle mana (like 30) or even nothing at all. Why is that? Is there a mana limit per wave? Or maybe when Tower limit is almost reached?

- where have all my comments on the dev posts from the early pre-alpha gone? Did they wipe the forum  at some point? I am referring to the time when there were raffles for Defense Counsil....

Also: Is there a way to find all my comments to news posts at all? My profile only shows forum posts, but not news comments.

@k005 quote:

That's exactly why I'm asking. I have a Powerful Voodu that is immeasurably stronger than my Legendary Serpentagon. I've burned about 5 rerolls of each type (10 in total) on the legendary pet believing that due to its legendary status it would inevitably become stronger than my Powerful one. I then started wasting even more rerolls on other quality pets and recording the ranges that numbers could be rolled between. I've learned since that regardless of rarity, a pet will always have the same roll range for Empowerment stats. (To a max of 50.) Whereas rolling a pet's attack stats seems to have mixed results. (Ex: My mythical pet's maximum damage rolls were lower than the powerful and epic ones that I have tried, yet it was lower than the legendary's.) This could be due to a number of things, pet type, (creeper/dragon/gato) number of projectiles, ect.

I lack the resources to delve into evolving the pets to see if perhaps there is a power difference when it comes to evolving a legendary vs evolving a powerful pet. (Ex: A legendary pet's stats could increase by 8x for each evolution whereas a powerful's might only gain a 3x bonus.)

I'm gonna have to do the math later on those particular pets, but for now I can tell you: Powerful pets have a typical DPS at max level (60) of 1800, whereas Legendaries have around 3000 DPS. Low numbers overall but quite different between them.

Also, Empowerment is the same across all pets, starting at [15-50], gaining +5 per Affection and capping at [315-350].

@hackman quote:

I have some nooby questions, so thanks for this thread.

- How can I change my forum avatar? If I click on it in user settings, it only prompts me to upload I file. I'd rather use one of the premades, however.

Can't help you with this question. Also pretty new to the forum

- I feel the inventory is way too small if you have auto-collect on (who doesn't). Is there a way to upgrade it for free? Maybe a mission bonus or some ingame vendor selling it for gold? I am too broke to spend any money on this game right now sadly. :/ (I plan to around Xmas) Plus I feel the prices for something so game-changing and important  like inventory bags are a real rip-off, typical F2P scheme but I wished Trendy was better than that.

Atm there is no possibility to upgrade them without gems but there are plenty of discussions about taht in ohter threats ( sorry for not linking, but i dont find them so fast)

- is the difficulty adaptive? Like in, if I play a mission only play with 1 friend, will it be easier than when 4 player joined? What if somone else joins in later?

To the first 2 question a simple answer yes.

To the 3rd i have to tell you im not quite sure what happens when someone joins you in combat phase ( i guess it has no influence on the  difficulty till the next building phase). When someone joins u in building phase im pretty sure the it will get harder ( same difficulty as the map started with the same amount of players)

Is it adaptive to player levels, or will a high level player entering the match just have a suuuper easy time?

I guess the difficulty is just basing on the game type and the player number and not basing on the level. Atleast there was no noticeable change in the maps i played. (low maps were damn easy)

- sometimes when many players joined my game, the mana crates gave me only liitle mana (like 30) or even nothing at all. Why is that? Is there a mana limit per wave? Or maybe when Tower limit is almost reached?

The mana you can get out of the boxes is splitted to the same amount of mana for every player in the game (Ex. a map gives you 800Mana when u are solo, 400mana for both when with 2 players and so on).

The mana that drops in combat phase is not splitted. That means if you played solo all the time before u could take them all by yourself and with more you kind of "steal them from each other" (if someone takes them they disappear) you only have a splitted gear and gold drop douring combat phase

- where have all my comments on the dev posts from the early pre-alpha gone? Did they wipe the forum  at some point? I am referring to the time when there were raffles for Defense Counsil....

Also: Is there a way to find all my comments to news posts at all? My profile only shows forum posts, but not news comments.

Also with this question i can't help you but i hope i could help you with the rest.

if i got something wrong feel free to ask again.

@Faysumi quote:

I'm gonna have to do the math later on those particular pets, but for now I can tell you: Powerful pets have a typical DPS at max level (60) of 1800, whereas Legendaries have around 3000 DPS. Low numbers overall but quite different between them.

Also, Empowerment is the same across all pets, starting at [15-50], gaining +5 per Affection and capping at [315-350].

Thanks so much for the info! I've figured that Empowerment is the same across all of the pets. When you mention DPS, are you referring to the pet's displayed attack damage (ex: My pet displayed having a 358 Attack Damage.) Or the DPS displayed on a Target Dummy? (ex: That same pet uses 3 projectiles each doing 358 for a total of 537 DPS on a target Dummy due to its attack speed.) 

I'm sorry for being so persnickety about this, I'd just really like to know for sure since the people I've asked have had different stances on the matter! My first batch of eggs hasn't even rotted yet so I can't test evolutions myself for quite some time. :/ And then I won't be able to make a proper opinion on buying a cash shop pet! For instance, if you mean target dummy dps then the difference would feel negligible to me. But, if you mean the pet's attack damage then that could be quite significant! 

Why does this forum claim I have 506 posts? I'm pretty sure my actual post count is closer to 6. ;o