No Shame Zone: Ask a Question Here!

@Yrth quote:

I just viewed some vids about Huntress DPS builds and the author used a bow with 2/sec and 6 shots.

I was wondering about this because I assumed that a bow with 4/sec and 10 shots would hit for 40 Arrows/sec but the authors one only for 12 Arrows/sec. Is this calculation wrong or is a 4/s 10shot about 20 times better than a 1/s 2shot bow?

Second question. What is the meaning of the values (like 9.6%) on the squire weapons, are there any threads explaining weapon stats in detail?

The 40 arrows do less damage per arrow. If you have a 1/s 1shot bow, that single arrow does roughly the same amount of damage as a 4/s 10shot bow. There are subtle differences like crit/crit chance, as well as the charged shot passive that make the faster bows more desirable.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be putting water to explosive trap then :/ Thank you Paloverde and All Your Yeahs for the help :)

Exploding Poison shard - yes. Any enemy inside the small AOE explosion area when an enemy poisoned by the shard dies, will also be poisoned. I am not sure if that includes minibosses or not. Works gre

Yeah, there is a hidden condition that "explosion" is basically treated like it's an elemental, so anything that does AOE explosive damage will not take on any mod elements. Includes  Huntress traps a

@gigazelle quote:

@Yrth quote:

I just viewed some vids about Huntress DPS builds and the author used a bow with 2/sec and 6 shots.

I was wondering about this because I assumed that a bow with 4/sec and 10 shots would hit for 40 Arrows/sec but the authors one only for 12 Arrows/sec. Is this calculation wrong or is a 4/s 10shot about 20 times better than a 1/s 2shot bow?

Second question. What is the meaning of the values (like 9.6%) on the squire weapons, are there any threads explaining weapon stats in detail?

The 40 arrows do less damage per arrow. If you have a 1/s 1shot bow, that single arrow does roughly the same amount of damage as a 4/s 10shot bow. There are subtle differences like crit/crit chance, as well as the charged shot passive that make the faster bows more desirable.

So what should people be looking out for in bows for the best DPS Huntress? 1/s 2/s or 4/s? 1/2/5/9/10 shot? scatter shot/falcon shot/standard/busty? 

@LYW24 quote:

So what should people be looking out for in bows for the best DPS Huntress? 1/s 2/s or 4/s? 1/2/5/9/10 shot? scatter shot/falcon shot/standard/busty? 

Any 4/s bow would be ideal, with the charged primary sphere. Burst shot will give you the most DPS, although falcon shot or poison dart shot are both solid choices too.

I'm currently sporting a 4/s 4x burst shot bow on my DPS huntress, and she is a force to be reckoned with. It's only powerful tier, but it out-DPS's all other legendary bows I've found out there.

@gigazelle quote:

@LYW24 quote:

Any 4/s bow would be ideal, with the charged primary sphere. Burst shot will give you the most DPS, although falcon shot or poison dart shot are both solid choices too.

I'm currently sporting a 4/s 4x burst shot bow on my DPS huntress, and she is a force to be reckoned with. It's only powerful tier, but it out-DPS's all other legendary bows I've found out there.

I can back this up. I'm running a 4/s, 4x powerful bow and it beats out everything else I've found at my tier. I like it because it can be used effectively both for CC, because of the high number of projectiles, and single-target DPS, because the DPS is concentrated in a single line and not spread out like standard bows are. This makes headshots a lot easier, and a lot more effective. The arrows also move a lot faster than bows like the Falcon shot; you can practically outrun those, haha.

@xxcharlotteoxx quote:

Wanting to play any type of nightmare game and I find it hard to find a lot of players. What are the most played modes and maps for nightmare games?

Generally speaking, the most played mode is standard free play. Incursions do offer better loot, and it's best to farm there if you can, but it's not very worth it due to the increased difficulty. I would only worry about Incursions if you're in NM4 and want to have the absolute best loot possible. It's the same with Onslaught; the only loot worth getting is on the higher waves. It's easier and less time consuming to just do free play. Anyway, in terms of maps, I would play anything that has a single core and/or the best tower centralization. This makes your job a LOT easier, especially if playing solo. Commonly farmed maps are Gates of Dragonfall, Life root Forest, and Graystone Plaza. I would start with Gates and move up in that order.

Why is there an XP icon under the first character I created?  It will not move to the active character if I switch to a different character.

DD2.png

@Dan_Dizzle quote:

Why is there an XP icon under the first character I created?  It will not move to the active character if I switch to a different character.

It means you're currently benfitting from bonus xp. Each of the lvl 50 heroes in your deck grants you bonus xp, so the more lvl 50 heroes you have in your deck, the faster the leveling of new characters.

@westenra quote:

Cool! Thanks for that!

@Dan_Dizzle quote:

It means you're currently benfitting from bonus xp. Each of the lvl 50 heroes in your deck grants you bonus xp, so the more lvl 50 heroes you have in your deck, the faster the leveling of new characters.

Does the Bonus from hearthy blockade affect the DH or directly the blockade? because i know someone who has 24k HH and 29% HB but only 2.9k DH. But i have 3.3k DH and 20k HH+19%HB.  so if the passiv directly affects the blockade i should've more blockade hp but its the other way around, so i assume it affects the DH.

I just ask this because i understood the description like that the x% from the HH will be added to the Blockades health. So the description isnt correct or im just stupid xD (sry for bad english)

@✪Terron quote:

Does the Bonus from hearthy blockade affect the DH or directly the blockade? because i know someone who has 24k HH and 29% HB but only 2.9k DH. But i have 3.3k DH and 20k HH+19%HB.  so if the passiv directly affects the blockade i should've more blockade hp but its the other way around, so i assume it affects the DH.

I just ask this because i understood the description like that the x% from the HH will be added to the Blockades health. So the description isnt correct or im just stupid xD (sry for bad english)

24k x 29% = 6.9k.

20k x 19% = 3.8k 

Considering that the difference in DH is only 400, it looks like the results are coming out properly.

@Hydrazine quote:

@✪Terron quote:

24k x 29% = 6.9k.

20k x 19% = 3.8k 

Seems pretty clear that he should be ahead.

but he's over 100k ahead

@✪Terron quote:

but he's over 100k ahead

I'm not sure as to how the exact math works for applying it. I just know that in this case, the person who should be ahead, is.

It does look like the best thing you could do for your blockades is find higher hearty blockade percentages.

for my frost mage, is it worth it using a frostfire staff that did NOT spawn with defense power, or just use a dp staff?

currently onslaught normal lvl 13 what kinda egg/pet do u get from lvl 15?

does the difficulty depend on the reolls of a pet?

whats the easiest map to solo on nm4?

what are the stats im aiming for on my 4 chars to max on gear?

@Yung Temu quote:

currently onslaught normal lvl 13 what kinda egg/pet do u get from lvl 15?

does the difficulty depend on the reolls of a pet?

whats the easiest map to solo on nm4?

what are the stats im aiming for on my 4 chars to max on gear?

1. If you choose Egg in onslaught after wave 15 you have a chance to receive a 'Golden Egg' - These are just the same as normal eggs but with gold skins.
2. No, pet stats are their own roll, you can reroll the stats using items to get better stats, or try hatching another pet

3.Probably gates of dragonfall. It only has 3 lanes which are close together so you can repair all your blockades from the same place. To be honest try to play in a group, I don't know if you would be able to solo it if you haven't already been doing nm4 incursion.

4. Stats on items? or SAS stat points you get from levelling?

Either way it depends on what you're trying to do with the character, DPS or build towers. Read Gillthanes steam guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=535814734

@olo quote:

for my frost mage, is it worth it using a frostfire staff that did NOT spawn with defense power, or just use a dp staff?

The answer: depends what +speed vs + power you're talking about. Is it a 700 iPWR +500 defense Power vs +20 speed? For your combo i would recommend going into a map, building a trap and frost tower and getting the DPS, (dont build anything else). Lose. Remake with other staff. You can also do it with multiple towers to see your DPS go through the roof :P

From my experience, frostfire without power is still better (thats what im using at the moment). +Speed can only come from frosty, small sphere and SAS points. So multiple towers adding speed does good things to your DPS.

@✪Terron quote:

My understanding is HH is the STAT not the 20k value which you hero has. In all cases, stats have a multiplier which effects the output (like Defense Power x T = Trap damage). I think you blockade HP like this:

Blockade hp = (DH + HH x Hearty%) x B   Where B is the blockade multiplier.

So effectively yeah its added to the DH value but only for blockade calculations. The description isn't very clear, so you're not stupid. My recommendation is save any piece you find with hearty % 2 or more that also has HH or DH. When you get back to tavern, equip each one and see if it makes your blockades better. Keep ones that increase block HP. Also keep an eye out for Automation on Sword, Helm, Trinket. As your gear improves increase the % of the items you keep to look at. My blocks area at 270k at the moment. Some of my pieces are hearty 5% 500 iPWR with only 1 HP stat and some are 700 2% pieces that have both HH and DP. 

Don't worry about the math too much, just test items that improve your blocks.

Hi,

I was wondering if I can see what map I already completed on HARD mode. I cant seem to keep track of the maps and what modes I completed them on.

gr

Arca

I've a question, and I've no clue if it's supposed to be a thing.

is_this_supposed_to_be_a_thing_by_kidinc

I'm playing solo, normal gates of dragonfall.

Is double bosses supposed to be a thing? o.O

(Have yet to actually start the wave)

The time it took me to get this up timed me out anyways, so I had no way of figuring out if it would actually be a double boss or if it was just visually glitched.