I wonder... Where do I go from here?

I'm at a certain point in the game, where I just can't progress any further. I'm stuck between low-tier NM3 (The 460 iPWR ones) and whatever else lies beyond.

My squire has a respectable 184,000HP Blockades. It's far from what others have, but they do tank quite a bit of damage.

I've got 7 heroes in total at lv50, 5 builders, 1 dps and 1 reserve I don't really know what to do with yet. All of these heroes, including the 2 extras have all reached the same basic gear level (Ranging from 517-570 Avg iPWR).

The Blockades I have easily tanks ogres when they're buffed by my Monk and upgraded somewhat. I completed Gates of Dragonfall NM3 Incursion with relative ease, but only because I had my Huntress to DPS.(I did this post-nerf of the whole crit thing).

The problem isn't the tankyness of the blockades per se. The problem lies with my defenses' damage output. My Huntress builder has 3005 DP. But even that + 2 upgrades on her traps, a 344 Boost Aura and about 2-3 of those suckers in each lane where the majority of the enemies will be standing and an additional 2 where Javs and Drakins are standing; the damage output is probably 1/5th of what it needs to be.

I do have an Apprentice with Frostfire and roughly 30% Frosty Power (He's currently at 2600DP), and while this does seem to help a little bit; I'd say 5 Frost towers per lane is the absolute minimum to consistently CC things like Orcs & Lady Orcs but also get the traps to a half decent level, where they actually start to out-dps SOME of the Mages that start piling up behind the already massive pile of Greenskins. 15 Frost towers is a luxury I can't afford.

I know that my Blockades can take a hit or two, but the enemies just pile up and pile up, until they eventually break through 300k worth of Blockade in less than a second.

So... Let's try a different route?

My Tower Squire, at 2900DP with his 7100 DPS Canons at tier 1 w/o Boost aura and 7900ish with - This will surely do better if backed up by a tier 1 Ballista with a 19000DMG punch and a frost tower to deal as much damage as possible in one go so that the Canon(s) can finish them off.

Not in your dreams... If I'm lucky, the Ballistas/Canons survive the first Drakin, and manage to DPS that 500k monster. If I'm quick enough with repairs, then maybe it'll survive the next. But what happens on wave 3 or 4 out of 7? 4-5 Drakins piled up, riding eachother's backs and completely destroys everything within seconds.

I could go on, but I won't. Now here's my question; how can I progress when NM3 Incursion drops worse gear than I already have? Even NM3 Liferoot drop worse gear.

Not only that; I HAVE TO use my DPS huntress as backup, so any and all items that COULD be kinda good for my Blockade Squire f.ex, all come with Huntress passives. Not Squire passives.

I can't do harder maps because there's not enough DPS to mitigate some of the potential dmg to the blockades and I can't get better DPS gear because I can't do the harder maps.

Tips? Anyone? Should I skip boost auras and just spam 40 trillion traps in each lane? Should I have just 1 trap and back that up with something else?

Love to hear what you guys can come up with, cause I sure as hell can't. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing has gotten me any closer to high-tier NM3. I did manage 6/7 waves on Liferoot, but that was only due to luck as it turns out, since I haven't gotten that far ever since.

~Selfrot

PS. I still love the game. But Trendy; plz fix soon™er

@Selfrot quote:

Not only that; I HAVE TO use my DPS huntress as backup, so any and all items that COULD be kinda good for my Blockade Squire f.ex, all come with Huntress passives. Not Squire passives.

do you have a purging evil polearm? waller squire can fairly easily distract mobs long enough for defences to kill them (and have them explode) when backed up by a serenity aura (just keep moving) and definitely helps with dps via the fight me not sphere, if im not running dps huntress in my deck then i put serenities in every lane (even magic resist)

@Grim indeed quote:

@Selfrot quote:

do you have a purging evil polearm? waller squire can fairly easily distract mobs long enough for defences to kill them (and have them explode) when backed up by a serenity aura (just keep moving) and definitely helps with dps via the fight me not sphere, if im not running dps huntress in my deck then i put serenities in every lane (even magic resist)

I'll farm NM2 for that polearm then I guess. Betsy exclusive or is it dropped elsewhere?

@Selfrot quote:

@Grim indeed quote:

@Selfrot quote:

I'll farm NM2 for that polearm then I guess. Betsy exclusive or is it dropped elsewhere?

afaik drops anywhere in endgame, sadly difficult to specifically farm any of the build items currently

I could be wrong but it sounds as though you're only using physical damage. If that's the case then there lies the problem in your low damage, phys res lanes will reduce your damage by 75%.

Also sounds as though your placements may be a bit wonky. I'd say if you don't have it already then grab the huntress uber (for phys lanes) and farm non-incursion liferoot on the highest difficulty you can for a Purge Evil polearm.

@Cuddles quote:

I could be wrong but it sounds as though you're only using physical damage. If that's the case then there lies the problem in your low damage, phys res lanes will reduce your damage by 75%.

Also sounds as though your placements may be a bit wonky. I'd say if you don't have it already then grab the huntress uber (for phys lanes) and farm non-incursion liferoot on the highest difficulty you can for a Purge Evil polearm.

Don't worry :P I've got the Huntress uber already =) But I see your point.

To add to what I wrote in the OP; I tried using Flamebursts AND Flamethrower towers, when I ran a projectile setup instead of trap setup. I tried using just the Flamebursts, just the Flamethrowers and in a 3rd attempt; a mix of both. They die too quickly, because Drakins shotgun spread barf takes 1/8th of the tower's 17000 health. While I'm busy trying to repair a blockade taking damage all the time, they're being killed without me being able to do anything about it. If I stop repairing the blockade, it'll get to a point where Lady Orcs simply cut thru it like butter.

My trap placement is the following;

2 traps infront of the Barricade covering the entire lane, so that mobs can't get stuck to the side of the barricade, attacking it without getting hit.

Where those traps trigger area stops, I place another trap in the middle, to get some damage on Warboards and the smaller thrower goblin thingies. Further down the lane I place 2 traps to cover the area where I know Drakins are standing, as well as Javelins.

On magic res lanes I place 3, because of the smaller trigger radius and the complete crap damage the explosive traps do. (15000 at Tier 5, 3000 at Tier 1 compared to Elem Chaos traps that do 27000 at Tier 5 and 5400 at Tier 1). With 1 Frost tower active near the Elem Chaos, it does 7500ish, with 2 it does 8800ish.

The biggest problem that I have is the damage output on magic resist lanes, since I would need 6000DP to even get close to a reliable setup.

I base that on the fact that my Explosive traps damage is the same as my DP; 3005 to be exact.

If I waste my mana on wave 1 to upgrade explosive traps on the lane with the toughest enemies, to get that 6010 damage that they do; I'm left without Boost auras and/or stronger blockades.

@Grim indeed quote:

@Selfrot quote:

@Grim indeed quote:

@Selfrot quote:

afaik drops anywhere in endgame, sadly difficult to specifically farm any of the build items currently

Noted. But right now my options are; level my 2nd apprentice to 50 or farm that polearm.

As it stands, the latter is the better option, if only just to test whether or not it will help.

I focus on 3-4 ballista at the lanes without physical resi which works very good with a legendary squire weapon with sploody and speedy harpoon passives and a relic with speedy harpoon passive. I don't use cannonballs at all for a few days now an I have zero problems on physical dmg lanes with this setup on nm4 ipwr1000 maps. 

I also use a secondary wall behind the first one just out of reach of area dmg effects. 

My only problem are physical resi lanes since I don't have the elemental traps at the moment. My favourite option there would be flamethrower since the dmg output is best. But you can't place them everywhere so it boils down to luck with the lanes. 

Another problem are flying enemies and the worst are bees since you can't really place hard defenses in their lanes. Auras aren't an option for me since they fall way behind the dmg of the flamethrower towers which makes the enemies stay alive too long. Especially wither beasts. 

Any suggestions for that? 

Overall I always reach wave 5-6 with this setup on solo play.