Cannot close the notification windows on mobile

In the past I have been browsing the DD2 forums quite often with my mobile phone.

Today I came across the issue that whenever I open the dungeon defenders forums page from my mobile phone, the notification windows opens, showing my my notifications and won't close. It does not matter if I go to dungeondefenders.com or any subdomain.

If I click on any of these notifications, then I am redirected to the site (I can see it a bit through the notification window - I also see the site is being refreshed) but the notifications still won't close. I have also waited in case the site has not fully loaded but I am sure it has. ...the [x]-close Button does nothing. 

I am not sure if this is since today or a bit longer because I haven't used my mobile phone to visit this site for the last few days.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the default browser. The software is up to date.

Is there any workaround or solution to this problem?

I have the same problem on my galaxy note 2.  DD2 forums worked as "smoothly" as these forums did for a week and then the daily awards notification started interfering.  The only work around I can think of that may work is deleting Internet cache and cookies so the site doesn't recognize you a s a member so those stupid broken notification popup won't appear... of course you can't post then about how well coded that site I

Somehow I'm a bit relieved it is no problem on my end although that would make it easier, I guess. ^^

Well, I hope this will be corrected some time later as  I have a hard time to browse this website now. 

A little update of mine: Thanks for the hint with deleting cookie etc. ...sadly it did not work.

I have deleted the cookies, the browser history, the cache... everything. Now I'm logged of on my mobile but still get the notification-popup. Only difference is it is empty now because I am not logged in and I can tell for sure I'm not logged in because I don't get the influence points anymore when I'm on my mobile.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it only worked for me once... the only thing working for me consistently is Google Chrome atm. Stock Samsung browsers can't seem to handle this ridiculous website