Squire with 100% block on their weapon takes no damage from any source

I even dropped a weapon with 106% block.

In the end I was pissed. I expected to gain life each shot. Big dispointing ****.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I even dropped a weapon with 106% block.

In the end I was pissed. I expected to gain life each shot. Big dispointing ****.

What in the world made you think that? Damage stops at 100%. The 6% over means nothing.

My carver's defender has the same percentage but I didn't throw it down. I can always go and get it for blocking ability or being a wall. It's damage level is only 24, so I sacrifice damage for defense when I bring it out.

Don't allow squires to block when holding the flag

And this here should go without saving. You are holding the flag. You should have to hold it with both hands thus preventing weapon or ability use.

And this here should go without saving. You are holding the flag. You should have to hold it with both hands thus preventing weapon or ability use.

That doesn't really go without saying.

Many CTF games allow you to fight back. I personally think you should be able to.

That doesn't really go without saying.

Many CTF games allow you to fight back. I personally think you should be able to.

I thought you guys liked mega challenges.

It should at least be an option.

After reading this thread I would stake money on some of you never even doing PvP. Block is not OP in anyway or form. PvP is ridiculously in favour of any decent huntress. I can block but i cant do anything else, the pet doesnt attack. If you think 'OH NO I CANT KILL HIM INSTANTLY, ITS OP' then you sir are silly.

Pvp is already crazy in DD, its one shot kill for any decent player. I havent upgraded my gear to cater for pvp yet but with people doing atleast 20-30k dps everyone dies in a second, regardless of block, resists and health.

If the resists were higher it might be a bit better, or they some how scaled the damage or health like in assault it might be interesting. Even if I am using enrage i can barely catch up to the huntress run speed.

Squire towers arent great either, if a mage can get a decent set up done quick its relatively formidable but squire towers are pretty useless. Their projectiles arent near fast enough to hit anything and the bouncers rarely get kills, you can just jump over them, unlike the huntress traps which will kill you even jumping over them, the monk auras are huge also, an electric aura will kill you in a matter of seconds.

Im predicting once the 10th rolls around, its going to be a huge huntress fest.

Also, will be interesting to see, someone pointed it out earlier, the portal gun. Will it be use-able for the FC? Cause that will make the game very quick indeed

Also, will be interesting to see, someone pointed it out earlier, the portal gun. Will it be use-able for the FC? Cause that will make the game very quick indeed
Nah, the Huntress would have to actually survive getting to the enemy flag, being very quick at turning the portals on then off again to prevent backfire, being very good at never using the wrong mouse button to turn them on/off so they don't destroy their shortcut due to a mis-click, and would have to leave one portal near the enemies' flag in order to continue using the shortcut which is easily dealt with by placing a Ethereal Spike or Proximity Trap right in front of it. Additionally for the CTF PvP, the devs could greatly enlarge the dark energy field around the flag and make sure that Portal Guns cannot create portals in that field. That would make base defense via traps less useful, but there should be choke points a little further out anyways.

Too many ways using the Portal Gun could backfire or be thwarted, by luck or cleverness. At best, it would serve a very similar role as the TF2 Engineer's teleporter, which essentially boils down to getting the team to the front lines faster. Good players wouldn't allow one to linger unchecked behind their lines.

wall of text

PvP will be (hopefully be) completely balanced come the DLC that is coming out hopefully soon noted as 'Arena' where it features game types.

PvP will be (hopefully be) completely balanced come the DLC that is coming out hopefully soon noted as 'Arena' where it features game types.

What makes you say this? I havent seen anything saying they will balance the characters for PvP. There is no way to balance them with having them stay equal in pve and pvp. Pvp will have to have some sort of damage reduction or health increase upon joining the match to make it work. Once that happens then you have to worry about balancing the actual classes.
They have a week. So here's hoping.

I really do want the PvP to work, it would be a fun change but its just hard to see happening at the moment.

What makes you say this? I havent seen anything saying they will balance the characters for PvP. There is no way to balance them with having them stay equal in pve and pvp. Pvp will have to have some sort of damage reduction or health increase upon joining the match to make it work. Once that happens then you have to worry about balancing the actual classes.
They have a week. So here's hoping.

I really do want the PvP to work, it would be a fun change but its just hard to see happening at the moment.

Before PC released, when they first started talking about releasing Arena. They already knew a lot had to be done to balance it all out as PvP on mobile was just as ridiculous if not more so. I'm under the impression that the PvE and PvP will play fairly differently to each other, who said they had to stay equal? (Looking at it from LoL/DotA/HoN pov, they could create it similar to that).

Or they could just do what you said as in buffing the health by loads and making the resists count for more and reducing the damage.

It most certainly does have a bearing. Squire's sitting in front of you blocking. Stay out of melee range. Build a tower in front of him. Circle-strafe behind him, he's now being attacked from 2 directions and can't block both.

Aside from the aforementioned tactic, being ranged gives you the advantage in the stalemate simply because the moment he stops blocking, you're still within range to attack him, but he isn't in range to attack you.

Think a little next time.

You just solved the issue and proved that no changing is needed. Also, proved me right. Maybe you should think a little before postig.

PSYYYYYYDUCKK!!!

I rarely buff blocking past 60%, but anyone who uses all their points to buff their blocking ability should be allowed to have that blocking ability.

If you want to be a PVP elitist, maybe they should just make an entirely new system for pvp. That way normal gamers don't get nerfed beyond acceptable levels for PVE.

I actually have 105% block... not sure how that works out but it's fine by me! :) I did one or two upgrades to a 98% Block High Five and it produced the 105% figure.... I don't think I can upgrade it any higher than that, either.

Does the Block only reduce damage coming from infront of you in like a 180 degree arc? That's what I've always assumed, so I'd make sure my char was facing Ogres when I pressed Block between attacks...

You have a major problem with false dichotomy don't you bud
The best course of action is to report Hex. Hes taking pleasure in his trolling skill and every time someone reply she-he think they're the center of attention.

OT: blocking is just a form of delay so you can die slower (pvp speaking) since range classess will most likely dominated melee in this game.

pve? blocking is useless. Its better to repair your tower than just standing idle while mobs ran pass ya.

If that's the case then that would be ok by me.

"Ill just make a thread and not do any legwork first." Ok by me!

Because when the squire is blocking if you can get behind him you will still deal dmg to him.
When he is blocking he cant do anything else also.

Now if you are worried about pvp then look at the insane dmg people are doing right now. (Im talking about people doing decent dps...above 50k is already ok)

I played a pvp game and it was one shot kill everywhere.

Huntress cant hide. If they could it would be so easy killing everyone (you can still press 3 and let the hawk kill)

So does the community EVEN TEST STUFF before they say something is op?

edit: if you dont wanna read all => People that thinks 100% block is op on pvp have never really played pvp with 4 people (decent people)

I bought a crap sword for 100 mana to get the 'to the limit' achievement, and i upgraded the block to 104%. Not sure if that does anything, but ill test it and get back to you.

Edit Warning (OT)

It's good to see these forums are really no different then the League of Legends forums. For a minute there I thought it was just the LoL that was bad. I see it's just internet gaming in general that has gone down the ****ter. (Referring to the cat fight between Zach and Hex.)

Edit Warning (OT)

It's good to see these forums are really no different then the League of Legends forums. For a minute there I thought it was just the LoL that was bad. I see it's just internet gaming in general that has gone down the ****ter. (Referring to the cat fight between Zach and Hex.)
yep and i hope it won't be that way.

Mods just need to start handing out ban for a week or 2 on those hardcore trolls. Just read their history and you'll get their full stories.

How do you figure? 100% immunity is just bad. You know this game is adding PVP right?

and so begins the incredibly annoying complainers that will begin crying about PVP balance..

And then we have PVP balance changes breaking PVE,and vice versa..
WoW nostalgia is bad :|

Zacharybinx34 all your posts are just random bit*hing at everything and anything. just stfu

Zacharybinx34 all your posts are just random bit*hing at everything and anything. just stfu

Hey troll
how about you get out of my thread if you aren't intelligent enough to understand basic communication.

As far as pvp goes, game modes can simply change the way block works. Like a block time limit or some kind of block breaking skill in pvp.

If they introduce PVP they seriously need to make pvp classes for each of the character, or else pvp elitists will severely damage PVE gameplay.

QFT. I do not look forward to PVP in the slightest. I would however look forward to it if I could be assured that PVP changes will NEVER have even the slightest bearing on PVE. I've already had my fair share of PVP ruining things in PVE.

*coughRIFTcough*