PS4 Controller Scheme Suggestions

Loot pickup needs to be moved from X, I was in the Wyvern Den at the last wave and it was hectic I was about to jump over a hole to help my mates but a piece of loot was there so I hit X grabbed the loot and fell to my doom.....we lost.... and I cursed.....at you for mapping loot pickup to the X button.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

controlls are good now, maybe a option to create or recreate buttons for people who want to change the layout,
map zoom with up and down arrow maybe is missing

i think they should have an "original" controller scheme from dd1 to use regardless of what other set ups they choose. I think having the dd1 controls for players to fall back on would be a good idea. You can still create another layout but having the dd1 controllers would be a nice safety.

In general, I have gotten used to the controller setup.  However, the requirement to release L1 or R1 in order to actually repair, delete, place, etc... is very annoying.  You should be required to HOLD L1+X to upgrade, repair or delete).  Instead of L1+Square to activate repair, release L1 and then press X.  The same goes for R1 defenses.

Also give us uses for the UP/Down arrow buttons (and/or swipe options for the touchpad).  Maybe allow us to customize the actions (we can put pickup item, repair, upgrade, or delete item) to one of those 2 buttons. This will allow us to make adjustments to the current control scheme to better suit individual play styles.

YESSSS please. I love this idea. I hate jumping around when trying to pick items up. I would also the placing of towers to be similar to DD1, i hate the current controls for placing towers.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Can you return it to DD1 controls by having square to pick up an item . I rather have the chance of using an ability then jumping around like an idiot when trying to loot.

Either way the jump button should never be the loot button. That really needs to be fixed.

Also can you look into giving me a sensitivity option for aiming. So I can adjust the speed of the right analogue accordingly.

I would very much like to see the same controls as DD1. Thos controls worked fine and were much simplier, easier and efficient. The current controls on DD2 are very annoying.

@CronaBlackBlud quote:

please for the love of god just use the same controls as there were on dd1

I would like the ability when comparing the stats of towers etc to still click in the L3 button but not have to hold it in as it is tough on the thumb! I think you are doing a great job keep up the amazing work! :D

Til now I like nearly everything of the controller scheme. The only exception being the x key, which will get adressed anyway.

A Suggestion would be that we could open the inventory with a touch on the touch pad on left side and maybe start a wave with a touch on the right side.

I would suggest using the corners of the ouch pad for different functions.

for example,
bottom left corner-->repair
bottom right corner-->upgrade
center touchpad-->build

similar to how Metal Gear Solid 5 uses the iDroid menu.

Am I the only person here that actually likes the new control scheme? I mean, minus the X to loot and jump issue, I like these controls better. Building towers seems much more efficient in my opinion. I even enjoy the hold X to rotate feature, but the only thing I would change is instead of left and right to rotate, let us aim freely just by point the analog stick in the direction we want the towers to face.

I would suggest making it possible to repair or upgrade several towers or defenses without having to go through all the buttons again. For example, you push R1 and square and repair stays on your cursor until you close out of it. I would cut out some unnecessary button pressing. Something to consider! 

I can’t seem to find a thread for PC controller scheme suggestions, so I guess I’ll just post here.

Having played DD1 a lot on the PS3, it took me a while getting used to the new controller scheme of DD2, but now I understand we can’t just have the same scheme as in DD1 because of all the new functions – at most you could bring the Action Wheel back.

Still, I think the current scheme could be much improved with a few changes:

– X for jumping, and jumping only! It’s frustrating when I want to jump over towers and keep getting their stats displayed instead, or want to pick up items quickly and keep jumping around like crazy. Just map picking up items to L1 or R1, which shouldn’t interfere with their other functions, and we’ve already got L3 for displaying the towers’ stats.

– Move Repair, Upgrade, Sell and Pet Skill to the D-Pad instead. We need quick access to these functions, and not so quick to Drop Mana and Vote Up/Down, so have them be accessed by L1 + D-Pad instead.

This would also make it so we’d no longer need 2 “shift” buttons, so L1 could be used to switch both the D-Pad and Square, Triangle, Circle, X buttons’ functions, leaving R1 free for something else, like picking up items.

Other than that, although I like being able to move and look around while placing and aiming towers, it was much easier and fast to do on DD1.

How about if you let us aim towers directly by pointing with the Right Stick, like in DD1, and pressing R3 would switch control over to the camera, in case we need to look around?

Or better yet, bring back the top-down view of DD1!

Customizable Controlls woulf be perfect!

Most important changes for me:

Give us the "call out" back! The sound was great and its better for other players to see where help is needed!

Change the Loot Button back to DD1

No holding X for turning the towers

4. Dpad up/down for fast repair/upgrade

Like most people, fixing the X to loot/select and X to jump issue; maybe it's not possible. A push to talk button would also be helpful.

I would also like to see a way to lock in build/repair mode if possible. If you are doing mass upgrades or sells or even repairs it gets annoying to R1+Triangle then X each time. If we can lock into repair mode then a simple triangle or square or circle will get a quick update on the tower.

The problem with the current controls is that X does too much, and the touch pad too little.

The only thing the touch pad does is start the round. I remember the 'wheels' from DD1. You could easily make a similar system with the touch pad. Similar to a few other games on PS4, You seem to forget it has more use that a big impressive button.

few guys already mentioned the touchpad and I'd like to reinforce their opinion. PS4 exists for 2 years by now and the touchpad is always just a silly big button... it would be so awesome if DD2 could use swipe commands or at least left and right site of the pad seperately...

for example: picking up the loot by swiping, open inventory by touching a side...

It makes less sense for square as loot, if you are getting frustrated with X as pick up then you havent played many console games. Nothing wrong with repair you need to work on hand eye co-op. I can solo any mode atm and it would be an easy mode change if repair was AoE.

I have close too 200 hours played on ps4. Most of these suggestions would ruin an already working system proven by other companies it works and is acceptable. AoE repair would ruin end game making it lots easier than it should. If I want a walk in the park ill go too the park not DD2.

Games are ment to stimulate and educate your brain motor function and basic problem solving skills, it would be a shame if this game lost that

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm sure this is me beating a dead horse but I got the solution.  First off x button should be designated jump only.  Picking up gear should use R3.  Ping/troll flags should be L3.  Honestly, could get rid of the tower schematic theme anyways, it has no function in my opinion.  It only lags up the game when you use it.  Bam!!  I just fixed controller scheme.

• 1 month later...