Sign in to follow this  
taratey

Is there a maintenance right now? Popup notification would have been nice

@Tychon quote:

yep, they are installing a hot fix 7.2 afaik

dang! was in the middle of game, so much loots wasted. wish there was a popup notice or something :(

Ya, deploying a hotfix. There most certainly was a message pushed out to all players before the servers were brought down. We've tested that message a few times; you should have seen it.

I'll talk with QA and we'll run some new tests in our staging environment, maybe something with our messaging service broke. You should have seen warnings starting 30 minutes before the servers went down. 

I definitely didn't get a warning for this patch. The game closed seemingly at random at 9:05 and then when I restarted I saw the message. Not a big deal, but it was jarring when it happened.

I checked with QA; it's supposed to display at the Title Screen if you're just launching the game, or in the center / top part of the HUD if you're in-game.

We double-checked this and the system is still working, but maybe a little easy to miss when you're in-game? We'll keep researching to see if maybe there is a situation we don't know if where the message doesn't show.

During the last maintenance the steam window overlapped with the maintenance message for me. Maybe that's why you don't see it.

Just had the maintenance message not come through until I restarted. I restarted after my DD2 client just exited -- no crash, no kicked message, it just ended.

Maybe it doesn't show up if you have your inventory open? I have my inventory open a lot when playing solo.

Yeah Same Thing About NO MSG NOTIFICATION anywhere but . HEY  ALPHA guy'z ...
GooD Job TRENDY ... but skip this buig for now . We Wanna Play ^^

yep absolut no notification in the game. All people i talked to (around 6) got just kicket (me too) and nobody had any notification at all for the upcomming hotfix.

Yep add my voice to this, luckily for me I had just finished but I know in previous iterations of the game we got an in game notification.

"Please wrap up your game patch at xyz UTC"

Today just dumped to desktop, not cool.

Just to add another +1 to not receiving (or not seeing, at least) a message whilst in-game. Saw it after it closed the app, though.

The lack of notification whilst in-game happened again if you guys are still working on it. Myself and 3 friends, all of whom were on TeamSpeak, didn't get a notification and just got disconnected. We were in the Tavern this time instead of mid-match.

Just adding my voice to the "There was no alert" group.  Don't really care though, as loot is auto collected now I didn't lose anything except wave progress.  I also expect them to do it at 9 am ET so I don't do anything crazy.  It will just randomly dump me straight to desktop.  No message in chat.

Add me to the dumped without warning list. I had started probably 40 minutes early. Perhaps getting as much warning as possible. I imagine you knew about this more than 30 minutes ahead. Unless it is a fix totally preventing users from logging in, I think an hour or two notice is more appropriate. Some of us solo players do so, amongst other reasons, do NOT play super fast with real life. Thirty minutes is nothing.