You guys just started advertising this last week-ish with the bundle for early access, it's been just about a week or a few days longer if that. You took everyone's money then announce its literally going free within 2 weeks of taking everyone's money.

10/5 = https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/125827/ps4-prealpha-coming-to-european-players-on-wednesday
10/8 = https://dungeondefenders.com/2/blog/125986/dev-log-43-things-are-getting-spooky

This game is not even alpha quality compared to DD1.

Come to find out i don't seem to be the only one after reading this game has been in a deplorable alpha state for almost 1 year on the pc? Regardless of the conversion or not to another system, there is really nothing to offer lol.

12/05/14 = http://store.steampowered.com/app/236110/

Even basic things are still lacking and(or) missing.
  - No descriptions for skills.
  - No descriptions for stat bonuses or their effects.
 - No documentation in game for the pet system.

- No trading.

- No mail.
 - Recycled names on tiers.
 - Session matching blows.
 - Lacks content in general.

The fact it has been in "alpha" which i wouldn't even call it alpha let's say "Development" as that's the appropriate term for almost 1 year speaks in volumes. It seems like a very poor money grab without any content.

This game is a massive downgrade from DD1, after seeing the success and quality of DD1 you guys should be ashamed for releasing this in all honesty and shouldn't even be charging people for it.

Someone needs a nap, they sound cranky.

If you actually played the game you will find a ton of content, even in the PS4 version which isn't even up to date compared to the PC version. I'm enjoying the game alot atm and that's with knowing my data will be wiped later on for the PS4.

Learn to read the description i bought DD2 on the first day it tells you that its no where near done and wipes will be made on ps4 "Warning Dungeon Defenders II is currently in development expect bugs missing features wipes and balance issues with pre alpha access in the future dungeon defenders II will be free supported by ethical microtransactions for more information please visit www.dungeondefenders.com"

Learn to press X on the Read More button in the description

Pretty much says it all.

I bought several collectors editions for myself and friends. No regrets.

How can you compare DD1 and DD2 in terms of quality. DD1 is inferior in every way, and Eternity ...

@Medivha quote:

W0O2txF.png

@Hostiles quote:

You guys just started advertising this last week-ish with the bundle for early access, it's been just about a week or a few days longer if that. You took everyone's money then announce its literally going free within 2 weeks of taking everyone's money.

Free for the PC yes, not for the PS4, do you really think they were going to make it free for the PS4 a couple of weeks later; I think not. For one, they haven't even updated the game with the latest patches that PC have yet and point two, it won't be free to play any time soon until they release the PS4 open alpha. Get your facts straight before criticising the game.

Obviously we are paying for early access to a game that'll go free to play eventually and I'm assuming the amount we're paying is off-set by skins that may be unavailable in the future and gems that may not be at an equivalent price. That is to say that I agree with some of the complaints, half of which are already addressed in the PC version, padded out content with difficulty and survival modes, better matchmaking, an actual pet system, etc.

Descriptions for stat bonuses seems a bit... is "Defense Power" not obvious enough? Sure, the UI needs work and they've acknowledged that but cmon even a child shouldn't have trouble with this and mail, really...

The last thing I totally agree with you on, they're calling it a pre-alpha and yet typically "pre-alpha" games are barely playable, often bare-bones concepts or prototypes without textures, music, sometimes even animations. Damn them for being further along in their development cycle than their sales term implies!

Joking aside, they have weekly devstreams where they take in community questions and show off new content or ideas planned, and the influence you earn by logging into the forums lets you vote on community hot topics that'll change how the game works or what the dev team should be focusing on, which I have to say is much more involved than most studios. If you have suggestions and not just complaints I'm sure they'd love to hear your thoughts.

P.S. DD2 was announced to be free to play 2 years ago.

OP, it clearly stated that the game was FREE TO PLAY and that your purchase was to get alpha access and special bonuses.

@BrandonVirdee quote:

@Hostiles quote:

Free for the PC yes, not for the PS4, do you really think they were going to make it free for the PS4 a couple of weeks later; I think not. For one, they haven't even updated the game with the latest patches that PC have yet and point two, it won't be free to play any time soon until they release the PS4 open alpha. Get your facts straight before criticising the game.

Um, no.  It IS free to play on the PS4, as well.  Don't you people ever read anything??  It clearly says it on the Playstation Store!

So why did you buy it then? I did because I wanted to support it and have no ragrets.

Access to pre alpha was for the die hard fans who wanted to support the game, all others are better off waiting for full release...

@Woqini quote:

Pretty much says it all.

How can you compare DD1 and DD2 in terms of quality. DD1 is inferior in every way, and Eternity ...

@Medivha quote:

W0O2txF.png

Not in every way , it had 4 player local. 

This game was said to go F2P in the very first trailer if not before then. Don't blame them because you can't do research.

@muleyman quote:

@Woqini quote:

Pretty much says it all.

@Medivha quote:

W0O2txF.png

Not in every way , it had 4 player local. 

I agree 4 player local is a huge thing missing, but I doubt they could run it on one ps4 without major gaming issues. maybe way down the road, if ever.

Pretty annoying if it is gonna be free to play in a couple weeks. Glad I only bought the standard early access pack.

dont regret it though, its a really fun game and I will be putting a lot of time into it... BUT, had I known it would have been F2P as soon as that, I would have waited..... but then again, it cost about the same as a couple pints of beer, so I'll live.

@Pashta quote:

@BrandonVirdee quote:

@Hostiles quote:

Um, no.  It IS free to play on the PS4, as well.  Don't you people ever read anything??  It clearly says it on the Playstation Store!

Did you even read my post? I said it isn't going to be free to play any time soon until they bring out open alpha, like they are doing on the PC which IS making it free to play at that point. I was clearly stating that you are paying for Pre-alpha. So let me correct that for you, it IS NOT free to play on the PS4 at this time until the open alpha release.

i agree with the op, it would have been better to make the pre alpha free to play and make people pay for the full game. i'm not wasting my time paying for the pre alpha if its buggy and progress is going to get wiped, but don't mind paying for the full bug free game, no one else has ever charged for a pre alpha or beta version of a game on the ps4, i don't see the logic in how they have done this

I bought the defenders pack for the PS4 and it has been as stable as 60 dollar games (i.e. ESO) and I have gotten my money back in game time alone already.  6 characters to level 25 and still playing it.  I loved DD1 on the PS3 and loving DD2 on the PS4.  I don't regret paying for early access at all.  Almost which I bought the Collector's edition instead.

Seriously the OP, should research before buying.  Trendy has not hid any details about the PS4 version being Pre-Alpha.